LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Embarassed when answering the door in diaper

One morning in mid winter a couple years ago I was woken by the door bell and jumped out of bed in my wet diaper. I grabbed my robe and quickly put it on but didnt securely tighten it at the waist as I ran to the door because the bell rang a second time. When I opened the door the delivery guy handed me a large package and told me I needed to sign for it. When I went to grab it I realized it was heavy and as I bent over to secure it my robe swung open and my diaper was on full display. The delivery guy didnt say anything but I was really self-conscious and embarassed about it and apologized for making him wait while I put it on the table and then came back to sign for it. I wonder if others have had these kind of experiences too and whether anything is ever said about it or how you handle it?

I don't open the door widely if I am wearing a robe. If I need time to get properly dressed, I open the door a crack and then ask the delivery person if they can wait a minute or so.  So far all have allowed me time to get dressed.  

As a former delivery person decades ago, the last things I want to see at my delivery points are people naked, half-naked, in their underwear, or in diapers.  

You could always have the delivery person, drop the package outside the door, and open it just enough to give your signature. Then, when they have turned and walked away, open the door to retrieve your package.

I have a covered porch, so unless it's something expensive, or a bale of diapers from China they just leave it without bothering me. But I also keep my lounge pants on the floor next to my bed at night in case I need to dress in a hurry.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, stevewet said:

The last time it happened it was actually the NHS supply chain delivery guy bringing my incontinence pads.

If he knew what he was delivering he probably wasn't too worried. When it happened to me it was a friend from out of town sending me an appliance I asked him to order from work where he could get it for a lot less money. It was a bigger box though and heavier than I realize and I never expected the delivery that early in the morning so I was pretty bleary. And Im hardly ever up before 8:30 in the morning especially since I don't have to get up to go to the bathroom if you know what I mean. 

Years ago, when I was in my 20's, I house-sat for a friend for a few days while they were away... The first night, the cops showed up. The neighbors didn't know I was house -sitting, and called the cops, seeing a strange car (Mine) in the drive. I had already gone to bed a few hours earlier, and my diaper was already wet. I was awakened by the cops walking around the house, shining flashlights in the windows, and making some noise. (It was summer, the screened windows were open to let air in..)

They told me to come to the door, with I.D.... I had time to throw my robe on, I only had my wet cotton diaper and plastic pants on underneath. I opened the front door, to two police flashlights in my face, pretty much blinding me, since I'd just woken up. After showing my I.D., and answering a few questions, they decided I was ok, and left.

I've often wondered how that would have played out, if they had not believed me... I might have been sitting in a police station, in a wet cloth diaper and plastic pants, with only a robe on!!!  Scary, and yet somewhat exciting at the same time!  

I have answered the door earlier in the morning than when I normally get up. Putting on my robe as I walked to the door and making sure it was covering everything. Luckily it was just some mail the postman couldn't put in our mailbox and they just handed it to me. It did get the heart rate up a bit though knowing I was wearing a wet diaper and plastic pants with only my robe covering me.

• Like 1

Had somewhat similar thing happen, as always when home I am only in a diaper and on this day and time I happened to be quite wet. 

A knock on the door and a voice saying package delivery, so I got up opened the door a crack to see a large box sitting on my steps, I was expecting a diaper shipment so I knew what was in the box. 

I open the door a bit more and see the delivery person walking away, so I assume they went back to their truck and was headed down the road to their next stop. 

I open the door and step out to pick up the box, I only have on a diaper and it’s very easy to tell it’s wet. Next thing I see is the delivery person with another box headed my way and there I am holding the first box in only my wet diaper. 

I tried to apologize but the driver said not to worry, said she has seen a lot worst than a adult in a diaper, than quipped fresh supply? I just said yep and left it at that. 

From that day on I make sure to wait until I see the delivery truck pull out of my driveway before opening the door. 

"Embarassed when answering the door in diaper".... Why would you have a door in your diaper?

Sorry, couldn't help it

1. Delivery staff see much worse that that.
  2. You are not that important to delivery staff. They usually forget about you and move on. They are really too buzy to care
  3. If you were wearing the complete ensemble dressed as a baby, then you might be worth a second glance
  4. In reality, on early morning calls to people, it is normal to see most, except the extremely paranoid / night workers, in some form of bed clothes. Them wearing a dressing gown / bath robe that is closed properely is a rare occurance as most people do not tie same properely. Also, it is how you handle the situation to what people actually see. Since it is difficult at a glance to notice the difference between a white diaper and white underwear via a crack in a dressing gown / bath robe, who is to confirm that a diaper was actually seen? The world percieves so strongly that middle aged adults do not wear diapers, most can not see what is straight in front of them. The concept of magic trives on the perception of people. We actually want to be fooled, and with wearing diapers older than 18/20 years of age, since we (and the world) percieve that we are the only ones, (apart from the anonynous group on the internet), we decieve ourselves.
  5. Lets say that this delivery driver did see your wet diaper and was fully aware of what it was. Does it really matter? Will you ever see him/her again? If so, will he/she remember it was you? Is he/she liable to talk about it to his friends / family? If so, why do you care. You don't know them and he/she doesn't know you. Think - you are not the only one in the world to need diapers overnight. I do not worry that you know that I need diapers 24/7/365 .... why should you care that I now that you wear them? Other possibility is that he/she wears him/herself OR wants to wear same. He/she might ask you for your help OR he/she might now go on the net to find adult diapers. Where is the problem?

Issues / problems to us are created by our own imagination to be the most extreme and worst for us. What is the worst situation that can logically happen from one delivery driver possibly seeing one of us in a wet diaper via a glance in the gap of a dressing gown / bath robe. He/she cannot tell another with the possiblility of it getting back to you - that would be an invaision of your privacy. Even if he told someone that is critical in your life - you can easily, when asked, state that you were on certain medication at that time which had the side effect of night bladder leakage... and that he/she invaded your privacy. That will reverse the situation to your advantage. 

I keep a pair of sweatpants handy to slip on when answering the door,,,

One time a window tech turned up to replace a pane, 7.30am, the firm said they would send someone round "as soon as possible", the tech took this as "as EARLY as possible", ffs, I was sleeping in just a pull-up, so very useful to have sweatpants handy,,,

Also, young family, girls aged 7 and 5 live next door, and sometimes call and ask if they can put excess rubbish/trash in my wheelie bin if theirs is full up, Dad or Mum usually bring the older girl round with them and the girl asks me (she's very grown up lol) so I really can't take the risk of a seven year old seeing a grown man in a nappy, always put the sweatpants on when answering the door now,,,