LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

You're not helping

1 hour ago, Elfking said:

The fact that you equate AB rights with the other things listed is just a shockingly ignorant thing to say.

Anti-Slavery and civil rights movements were because of a whole race of people forced into bondage to serve "superior" white owners. The point in that very long campaign that lasted centuries was to get all races treated equal. From ending slavery, then ending the idea of segregation all the way to granting equal rights regardless of race. Slavery is still a major problem in parts of the World as well I know, but I was focusing on the American slavery for the sake of brevity.

The fight for womens rights was and is about things such as making sure women had equal rights and pay in the workplace amongst other things, and before that just the right to vote and the long struggle for them to be seen as equal to their male counterparts.

The fight for gay rights was to first stop it from being illegal or seen as a mental illness and then being granted the same rights as straight people, for instance the right to marriage.

What are ABDL's being denied that requires them to fight for their rights?

---

You will also never get a contract like that... If you demand it they will just move on to the next fool who won't, and even then, a contract like that would be so vague and so hard and expensive to fight in court that it would be totally impractical. Not to mention even a show that is very sympathetic to the ABDLs on it will still be ridiculed by the public at large.

How very PC of you.

I once got a PM from someone asking me if I am interesting in being on their show with my husband about our lifestyle and they showed me the link to their company page. I looked at it and saw what TV shows they have done and all and I declined. I did have my chance to be on TV but unfortunately it would be like committing social suicide. I wouldn't want CPS following me and I have heard of bad CPS stories and I am aware that people will think negative of me and the fact we have children and the whole misunderstanding of ABDLs and I knew assumptions will be made about us and when people jump to a conclusion, they will find anything that will prove their conclusion to why we are unfit and sick people and need our kids taken.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Spokane Girl said:

I once got a PM from someone asking me if I am interesting in being on their show with my husband about our lifestyle and they showed me the link to their company page. I looked at it and saw what TV shows they have done and all and I declined. I did have my chance to be on TV but unfortunately it would be like committing social suicide. I wouldn't want CPS following me and I have heard of bad CPS stories and I am aware that people will think negative of me and the fact we have children and the whole misunderstanding of ABDLs and I knew assumptions will be made about us and when people jump to a conclusion, they will find anything that will prove their conclusion to why we are unfit and sick people and need our kids taken.

5 hours ago, Elfking said:

I'm done.

The moment someone seriously tells me ABs are persecuted and compares their acceptance with other huge civil rights changes is where I just have to stop taking someones opinions seriously and saying what I really think at this point would be a bad move, as would writing "ha" 15,000 times and crashing the forum.

I will leave one more point before I go though... For great society changes to happen it requires a majority of the population to believe something should change, not just in the group of people that want changes but from the general public as well. I will be generous and say that the split is 50/50 in terms of who want more exposure and who don't (in reality I think that there are a lot more people who don't want more exposure than those who do). You will never make social change happen if you can't even get a vast majority of people in the group to want change. If you want to devote your life to a cause, devote it to a real cause, like charity, helping the elderly or disabled or whatever else. Just get out of the self-important AB bubble (and I mean that in the sense that ABs are just one of hundreds or thousands of fetishes/kinks/whatever... Don't make out that ABs are different to any other fetish/kink/whatever) that some people are in.

And with a swish of my cape I am out of this thread.

Lol man. What part of not equating slavery to ab rights did you not understand? And for the record, exactly how do you think an idea gets spread in the first place? Easy, one person has to realize there is a better or more logical way of understanding the world around them. Two others pick that up, and eventually they spread it too, and so on. Guess what, that has already happened here and that proverbial seed has already been planted. You can choose to be on board and reach a new height,

While "I" would never do TV I do think there have been positive exposure (Such as Angela and Riley) and the non freak-show ones at least help others to learn they are not alone, and maybe light a spark in some who didn't know what there age-play desires were.

• Like 1

I mean, as much as I love Riley and as much as her appearance was actually fairly well done, there was still some MAJOR backlash online. People still reacted very negatively.

I tell you what pisses me off, and thats reading a thread and having the same two bloody idiots highjack the thread to have the same damn argument they have had across a dozen threads.

You know who you are, will you to just stop having pissing contests and stop leaping on each others comments.

Party of the first, we all know since you have stepped out of the closet into the light, you have been the most vocally agressive champion for gay rights i have ever seen on this forum, and the second anyone dares to even mention abdls and gays or women in the same sentence, you leap down their throat and agressively put them down, no matter what.

Party of the second, you are well aware of the feelings of the party of the first, yet at every turn you will use the comparison i have mentioned above.

Now is it to much to ask that you two leave each others threads alone, so the rest of us can just enjoy the bloody forum.

If you cant get on, or respect each others opinions....stop!

If you were my sons, i would bang your bloody heads together

As.to the subject of the OP, i whole heartedly agree, no good has ever come of appearences of abdls on tv. Not one program i have seen.

If people want to find out about all of this we have the internet, its how i found out, when the net was in its infancy. Nowadays kids are picking up on it much quicker.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Maxxy said:

I mean, as much as I love Riley and as much as her appearance was actually fairly well done, there was still some MAJOR backlash online. People still reacted very negatively.

...and they always will. That's what keyboard commandos do. We can't live our lives based on internet comment trolls.

• Like 2
On ?10?/?12?/?2015 at 4:05 AM, Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover said:

I have to complete disagree with this sentiment. The problem is who we have representing us on TV and where we're being represented, not that we're being represented to begin with. (There's a smaller problem that this community can't take valid criticisms of itself and expects a puff piece, but that's below the larger problem of who it puts forward.) The people who should be representing us won't step forward for legitimate interviews and the ones who shouldn't are too eager to do so.

Having said that, here's what should be expected from anyone whose willing to give an interview:

1. Get it in writing! If a show's producer says they're going to portray AB/DLs positively, get it in writing as part of the contract for your appearance. Don't hesitate to negotiate either, if a producer wants footage of you undergoing a diaper change, make it conditional that they also have to match that footage with footage of you doing something completely normal, and that use of the diaper change is conditional upon use of the footage of an everyday task. Again, get it in writing. Also, get it in writing that the footage can't be edited out of context to make you string together a sentence you never said.

2. YOU'RE ON TELEVISION! (So act like the whole world is watching.) This is what people never seem to grasp. If you're going on television, assume the whole world is watching and that anything you say or do WILL appear in the show. If you wouldn't put it online, don't put it on television. Think before you answer a question, and make sure the answer you give cannot be misconstrued as something that you don't mean.

2A. YOU'RE ON TELEVISION! (So dress for the part!) Again, this is something few people seem to think of ahead of time. Look in mirror before you enter a room with cameras. How do you look? Would you want to see someone who looks like you on TV? Would your friends? If the answer is "yes," you probably figured this one out. If the answer is "no," put on something that makes you look like a quote unquote "normal" person. Avoid clothing that lets your ass hang out or that otherwise looks unflattering. Dress like you're a courtroom defendant in a criminal case, and your lawyer put you a suit/dress to make you look less likely of being guilty. (This is actually a common tactic.) The more sane you look when you're not wearing diapers, the better you'll make the rest of us look.

3. Be interesting, but not idiotic. Why are you going on TV? If someone writes a book about you will I want to read it? If the answer is "no," you shouldn't be going on TV. Are you just an AB/DL, or do you have some other interest that people can relate to? Play up your other interest so that your portrayed in a balanced fashion, and that you come off as someone whose not just a bit nutty, but whose actually a balanced person.

4. Be the master of your own promotions. Get it in your contract that you get to promote your appearance on the show, and to discuss it. If you don't get that, don't do the interview. (Anyone desperate enough will eventually concede if everyone makes this demand.) Once you've got permission, promote the hell out of your appearance, out of what you did for the show, and make sure your promotion is tied to places where viewers of the show are likely to see it. Live-tweet/blog your episode, and make sure you're controlling the narrative around you.

5. Don't do a show you haven't seen before! This really should be a no-brainer, but it apparently isn't. Yes, being on TV is fun and exciting, and yes there are plenty of shows that are done well, but there's also plenty of crap. Don't sign up for something that you're not at least somewhat familiar with, and for everyone's sake, avoid anything on TLC and similar "trash TV" channels.

seriously, you have never engaged with the media have you

This contract would effective make the producers hand over editorial control, That is something that never happens. the only contract that will be signed as part of a TV appearance or the like is a waiver allowing the TV company to use any and all footage as THEY see fit, you never have any control on it after you give permission for its use that's why so many appearances have been bad for us.

Not forgetting the fact that no-one has ever been approached on this topic for anything but car crash TV and they don't care how you want to be portrayed

• Like 1

The right person doing the right show with the right audience will do us good B) Sure, there will be bashers, but when they do that they expose themselves as bashers which most people can see and understand. I do think that it's imperative to have some control over the content being aired and I do think that those who do 'Springeresque' shows are not the ones we need to have involved <_< But good exposure opens eyes and minds thus making things easier for the next person to come along.

Nothing good has ever come from hiding in the closet save for those who want to hide. OK, do that if that's you. But don't press your desire to remain hidden onto everyone else unless you're willing to go public yourself offering an equal argument of why it should not be made public. Put up or shut up. Which you can't do from within a closet :o

I've been on national TV on another not-well-accepted minority subject. I guess I did OK because the venue was within the scope of what I appeared for and the interviewer tolerant and understanding. But I now know that I'm not the right kind of person to do this alone. Perhaps as one of a group I can do well but so far that hasn't happened and quite frankly I'm not interested in 'carrying crosses' anymore. Let younger folks have at it; I've done my turn. I'll stand with you but I won't stand alone unless I'm forced to. And I am not about to stand in a closet any more ever again :girl_happy: My choice of discretion is my way, it is not everyone else's path, and it does not prevent me from discussing anything should I ever want to do that. But I'm not going to deny me or who I am. I'm just not signing on to become this communities public representative, wanted or otherwise. Nor am I going to bash someone who does as long as they do a decent job with it.

There will not be widespread ABDL acceptance or tolerance in my lifetime but it will happen someday, and for that to happen it takes starting somewhere ;) This is not a bad time for that. You want to hide in your closet? Fine, I won't open that door or allow someone else to if I can help it. But don't try to cage everyone else in their closet if they don't want to be stuck in there like you are in yours- they have an equal right to be as free as they want to be and to do what they want to do and if you don't like that then the problem is yours, not theirs.

Bettypooh- free and happy

On 12/10/2015 at 1:25 PM, DailyDi said:

I get asked regularly to do interviews and TV... as a fat, middle-aged guy with a skin condition I KNOW I would be ridiculed and it would only hurt the community.

If MIley Cyrus can get negative commentary for what looks like an AB performance, what chance do the rest of us have?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

The 15 stone babies was by far the bext that has ever been done but yet it STILL had a lot of negative outcomes. The truth is that the visuals overwhelm the message. All the vast majority will see are a pile of weirdos dressed up as babies and probably pedophile as well.

14 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

Applauds elfking.

The desire to be on TV largely springs from an unhealthy self-image.

You must be looking at a convex mirror, because that is completely unsubstantiated.

You people don't understand. I don't

Even if you had a show with a cast and crew made up entirely of ABDLs you would still need to sell it to a TV channel... And they aren't going to watch an hour long documentary with as little "shock" material as possible and that is gushingly sympathetic of ABDLs because people won't want to see it. Like it or not, the reason anyone tunes into these shows is because they want to stare at the guys and girls dressed as babies so they can laugh at them.

To be honest you could have the narrator or people in the show say absolutely anything and no one will pay attention because what their eyes are seeing will over rule what their ears are hearing.

I mean "15 stone babies" was actually really sympathetically made and people often say it is the best representation of ABDLs so far, with a lot of discussion about why and stuff. But still got mostly negative press and comments outside of the ABDL community.

If you put aside whether or not ABDLs going on TV help the community... You just need to look at the reaction from both ABDLs and non-ABDLs anytime an ABDL is on a show. Within the community the response is mixed with as many against the idea as for it, outside of the community it is near universal derision and mockery. Putting more and more ABDLs on TV and expecting that reaction to change is just wrong. Even if you think ABDLs need to be accepted surely it is obvious that this tactic of getting exposure won't work because the general population do not want to accept ABDLs and trying to force them too will only make their reaction against us stronger.

If ABDLs want a voice in a medium, books and movies are far better possibilities than the zealously-controlled medium of television. You have to go independent before you can go mainstream. Nobody wants to take a chance on something new without proven results. Right now, results prove ABDL is good shock value on television. If you want ABDLs to be seen as people and not freaks, you have to change the conversation first.

2 hours ago, Elfking said:

Even if you had a show with a cast and crew made up entirely of ABDLs you would still need to sell it to a TV channel... And they aren't going to watch an hour long documentary with as little "shock" material as possible and that is gushingly sympathetic of ABDLs because people won't want to see it. Like it or not, the reason anyone tunes into these shows is because they want to stare at the guys and girls dressed as babies so they can laugh at them.

To be honest you could have the narrator or people in the show say absolutely anything and no one will pay attention because what their eyes are seeing will over rule what their ears are hearing.

I mean "15 stone babies" was actually really sympathetically made and people often say it is the best representation of ABDLs so far, with a lot of discussion about why and stuff. But still got mostly negative press and comments outside of the ABDL community.

If you put aside whether or not ABDLs going on TV help the community... You just need to look at the reaction from both ABDLs and non-ABDLs anytime an ABDL is on a show. Within the community the response is mixed with as many against the idea as for it, outside of the community it is near universal derision and mockery. Putting more and more ABDLs on TV and expecting that reaction to change is just wrong. Even if you think ABDLs need to be accepted surely it is obvious that this tactic of getting exposure won't work because the general population do not want to accept ABDLs and trying to force them too will only make their reaction against us stronger.

Your points are all very good but as someone else has said, Youtube and the like has as much if not more impact than social media. If I were to make it I would not market it to TV because you know they

Not yet Glennie, I'm not done. There are very different opinions here but in the end they are still just opinions. Scientifically there may be many theories on any subject but in the end they are not facts they are just theories. I'd like to put a few facts out here or at least they are facts in my opinion.

Fact one is that even though we are all involved in this community and into diapers in some way we can't agree on whether exposure is beneficial or harmful or both. If you need evidence of this fact please reread the thread from it's beginning. I ask you if we have so many members with a very negative opinion of how we look how can you honestly believe even a thin minority of the general public will look at our exposure in a good light?

Fact two is that it doesn't matter whether you put AB programming on television, movies, the internet or in an art gallery. You don't have the power to make anyone watch it. If we were living under Hitler or Stalin it might be different but we're not.

Fact three is that even when your programming is balanced, nuanced and fair people may still look at it like a comedy. We do not control the minds of viewers. You may believe we can sway them but really in the end people sway their own opinion and it starts with an open mind. Yes I understand politicians sway people all the time but this is usually because they are telling them what they want to hear. For evidence check out Donald Trump.

Now I return you to your regular programming, my opinion. For all those not wanting publicity I say tough patooties. You have the freedom to hide out in your home and do your thing in private. You have the right to deny your proclivities so the exposure really won't affect you. What you really want is to control people of the opposite opinion from pursuing their happiness and that's not right.

For all those people that feel they want to strive for acceptance of AB's from the general public then go for it. The facts above aren't there to discourage you from your quest, I outlined them to show you the road you're on will end in failure. If you want to be accepted then you need to OWN it. Don't expect Riley to do your dirty work while you sit home behind your computer screens and wait for enlightenment to happen. Baby Brian mentioned the fight for civil and gay rights in this thread and got some grief over it when he was really on the right track. I'm not saying the three are comparable because they are not. The point I'm trying to make is that the tactics they used should be comparable. People of color didn't make headway by being on television. They weren't running some slick ad campaign on the internet. They put their asses on the line. The marched in the streets. They went to jail for what they believed. The same holds true for gay rights. They didn't go on a talk show. They went on the national news at Stonewall. They said fuck you and started the gay pride movement. No one gave these groups their rights they took them. So those of you that want AB right stop whining and arguing about the media. Be out, be proud, stand tall. You will never get where you want to be hiding in the shadows and that's a fact Jack.

Hugs,

Freta

4 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

Not yet Glennie, I'm not done. There are very different opinions here but in the end they are still just opinions. Scientifically there may be many theories on any subject but in the end they are not facts they are just theories. I'd like to put a few facts out here or at least they are facts in my opinion.

Fact one is that even though we are all involved in this community and into diapers in some way we can't agree on whether exposure is beneficial or harmful or both. If you need evidence of this fact please reread the thread from it's beginning. I ask you if we have so many members with a very negative opinion of how we look how can you honestly believe even a thin minority of the general public will look at our exposure in a good light?

Fact two is that it doesn't matter whether you put AB programming on television, movies, the internet or in an art gallery. You don't have the power to make anyone watch it. If we were living under Hitler or Stalin it might be different but we're not.

Fact three is that even when your programming is balanced, nuanced and fair people may still look at it like a comedy. We do not control the minds of viewers. You may believe we can sway them but really in the end people sway their own opinion and it starts with an open mind. Yes I understand politicians sway people all the time but this is usually because they are telling them what they want to hear. For evidence check out Donald Trump.

Now I return you to your regular programming, my opinion. For all those not wanting publicity I say tough patooties. You have the freedom to hide out in your home and do your thing in private. You have the right to deny your proclivities so the exposure really won't affect you. What you really want is to control people of the opposite opinion from pursuing their happiness and that's not right.

For all those people that feel they want to strive for acceptance of AB's from the general public then go for it. The facts above aren't there to discourage you from your quest, I outlined them to show you the road you're on will end in failure. If you want to be accepted then you need to OWN it. Don't expect Riley to do your dirty work while you sit home behind your computer screens and wait for enlightenment to happen. Baby Brian mentioned the fight for civil and gay rights in this thread and got some grief over it when he was really on the right track. I'm not saying the three are comparable because they are not. The point I'm trying to make is that the tactics they used should be comparable. People of color didn't make headway by being on television. They weren't running some slick ad campaign on the internet. They put their asses on the line. The marched in the streets. They went to jail for what they believed. The same holds true for gay rights. They didn't go on a talk show. They went on the national news at Stonewall. They said fuck you and started the gay pride movement. No one gave these groups their rights they took them. So those of you that want AB right stop whining and arguing about the media. Be out, be proud, stand tall. You will never get where you want to be hiding in the shadows and that's a fact Jack.

Hugs,

Freta

You are partly right, but you are also partly wrong. The idea that it is fine to 'do whatever you want' is the biggest problem. The fact is, that most of those who have gone on TV have done the community a gross dis-service.