LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's the best diaper for beginners?

Sissyjames

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on your budget. Since I don't wear constantly, I buy what I believe is top of the line. A case will usually last me about 3 months. I would have been ordering online a long time ago had I known the difference in appearance, fit and performance from store brands. Not that it matters now, but back in the late 90's early 00' Walgreen used to have awesome store brand that were cloth style. They held a lot and were cheap

I can't believe nobody has mentioned medical supply stores. They are all around the place, and often carry some half-decent adult diapers. Keep in mind you have an adult sized waist, and kid/baby diapers will not fit you unless you intend to use them as nothing more than a booster for your adult diaper.

And yes, you CAN order online. You can very easily get a pre-paid card that you can use as you would any other credit or debit card. You can also have the diapers shipped to you local fedex or ups distribution facility. Just include instruction for them to call you when it arrives, they will usually hold it for a day or two- no problem. Otherwise, you can also get a mail-box and have it shipped there.

9 hours ago, Baby Brian said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned medical supply stores. They are all around the place, and often carry some half-decent adult diapers. Keep in mind you have an adult sized waist, and kid/baby diapers will not fit you unless you intend to use them as nothing more than a booster for your adult diaper.

And yes, you CAN order online. You can very easily get a pre-paid card that you can use as you would any other credit or debit card. You can also have the diapers shipped to you local fedex or ups distribution facility. Just include instruction for them to call you when it arrives, they will usually hold it for a day or two- no problem. Otherwise, you can also get a mail-box and have it shipped there.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember my first ones, they were wallgreens store brand with baby diaper doublers from babies r us.

That combination could hold several wettings and a #2 if so desired. Just my 2 cents. And as others have said medical supply stores will carry better diapers like Molicare, Tranquility and the like.

Hands down, a beginner needs a good premium diaper to start with. I know from experience that beginners tend to flood their diapers more often than not. A cheaper store bought diaper might be able to take one full wetting, but barely are they able to handle a single flooding- reliably- without leaking. If a beginner wants to get comfortable with wearing a diaper (especially subconsciously)

"Beginner" diaper? I'd say that you'd want a premium diaper no matter if it's your first or not. There are many options to choose from. My current favorites are Amor or SDKs, boosted with a total dry ultimate booster. Enjoy shopping for your favorite!

12 hours ago, Baby Brian said:

Sorry but "premium" diapers should not normally need a booster for use during the day. Amor and SDK look awesome, and even perform decently, but unfortunately they are not premium.

Well, I had hoped this would not start a my-diaper-is-better-than-yours trollfest, but I suppose some people can't help themselves.

In concordance with most people above, I would recommend a premium diaper - if you've never worn a diaper before you will most likely flood (pee at a higher rate than your diaper can handle) which will cause you to leak. Better diapers can generally absorb faster.

If Bambino Bellissimo are available in your country I would recommend those; if not, Abena M4, or Tena Slip Maxi (if you get the European-style ones - American Tenas are different).

17 hours ago, Kaliborio said:

In concordance with most people above, I would recommend a premium diaper - if you've never worn a diaper before you will most likely flood (pee at a higher rate than your diaper can handle) which will cause you to leak. Better diapers can generally absorb faster.

I had this very problem the first few times I wore and pee'd in my diaper (for recreation as an adult).