LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
Sign in to follow this  
thatsmymango

Why do people hate Depends?

If it weren't for Depends, it might have taken a lot longer for me to buy my first ever pack of diapers back in 2003 and the few packs after that.

There are still Depends with side tapes? If that's the case, I might reserve my opinion of them until I try one. 

There are! I get mine at K-Mart, where they seem to go on sale fairly regularly for around $11.99 for a pack of 20. They're white, with a greenish waistband and greenish leak guards, still have a plastic cover (fairly noisy but not awfully so), and three tapes per side. Absorbency not so amazing (not much fluff), capacity pretty good (a bunch of SAP). The whole "lots of SAP" thing means you can pretty much tell when you've wet even if you normally can't tell when you've wet because you can actually feel the darned things swelling up. They're not any premium diaper by any means, but they're the highest end of the low-end diapers, and they're still plastic backed even when a lot of the premium, non-ab/dl diapers are going to leaky, weepy, cheap "cloth-like."

There are still Depends with side tapes? If that's the case, I might reserve my opinion of them until I try one. With the exception of one disastrous experience with a pull-on, I haven't worn Depends since the days when they were still green. When I made my original statement, I assumed they only made the pull-on briefs these days. That's all I seem to see in the stores.

Yes, you can still find the traditional tape-on (real diaper) Depends. Many larger pharmacies and even Wal-Mart will typically carry them in Small/Medium size, which comfortably fits up to a 32" waist. If you are bigger than that go for the Large size, which can be harder to find but are still available on the shelf if you know where to look. I had been purchasing mine from the medical supply specialty store attached to the local Medical Center, which was a bit pricey, but have recently found one Rite Aid in town which still carries them and has a much better price. Every time I go in there I make sure to let the store associates know that they are the ONLY place in town outside of the specialty store that still stocks the Larges. The pharmacist has assured me that as long as they continue to sell they will continue to be stocked, and with my own usage I know I'm not the only person buying them. Also, if you can't find any locally check E-bay, I've seen cases on there go for like $40.

A bag of backups I keep around for emergency's (I still like them with two baby diaper stuffers) This is what the tape on ones are called and look like now.

BTW the label says S/M, Waist from 19" to 34" and then 26" to 41" Hips, 170lbs and under.post-2568-0-40900000-1407938782_thumb.jp

post-2568-0-40900000-1407938782_thumb.jp

A bag of backups I keep around for emergency's (I still like them with two baby diaper stuffers) This is what the tape on ones are called and look like now.

BTW the label says S/M, Waist from 19" to 34" and then 26" to 41" Hips, 170lbs and under.attachicon.gifCAM00001.jpg

And those measurements are completely insane.  I tried them for my babygirl once in a pinch - the damned thing swallowed her up, and she's 29W/32H.  They have no f-in' idea what it fits.

The thicker the diaper the less changes you need!  I can wear an abena for many hours before really needing a change.  So, typically I can change once or twice a day in an abena! 

Maybe that is just because I like being in a wet diaper :blush:  :wub:

The thicker the diaper the less changes you need!  I can wear an abena for many hours before really needing a change.  So, typically I can change once or twice a day in an abena! 

Maybe that is just because I like being in a wet diaper :blush:  :wub:

Bambinos are no slouch either. One of the two in the sample pack I recently bought lasted through eleven--count 'em--eleven wettings. But then, lately it seems I'm going less at one time and not flooding the diaper as much.

Guest Toaddy07

comeing from a U.Ser i donte like depends caus well

1 they do not hold much they leak easily

2 they donte have much comfort compared to other brands 

3 i hate how they look and feel like paded underware 

And those measurements are completely insane.  I tried them for my babygirl once in a pinch - the damned thing swallowed her up, and she's 29W/32H.  They have no f-in' idea what it fits.

I get ya, but it's odd, I am about the same measurements give or take each month. But they fit me fine in the smaller department. And as I said still give me the room to fill them a bit with stuffers. The three tape thing is the problem with smaller wearers I found, sometimes I don't even bother with the top tape as the rise may be to much for some. Many members like them for that purpose to cover up to the belly button, but there is no padding up there so I can find no use for it, as the waistband is a useless function IMO.

They made an overnight back in the early 2000's that was decent. It was pretty much just a big baby diaper.

They made an overnight back in the early 2000's that was decent. It was pretty much just a big baby diaper.

They still do, they just changed the name to protection with tabs. The quality hasn't change much either- ie. Very low.

I don't really think that everyone here necessarily hates Depend, but like everything else, I think that there's a specific group of AB/DLs that they appeal to more than others. The people who like to wear frequently and flood their diapers aren't going to get anything out of wearing Depend, because the cost in the long run is going to be more than the cost of buying something like Bambinos and flooding it multiple times. On the other hand, the AB/DL that only gets a couple hours of diaper play at a time is probably wasting their money on anything better than Depend, and so is anyone that changes right after a single wetting. The AB/DL that wants to feel wet is probably going to enjoy Depend more than the AB/DL that wants to get hours out of a single diaper with multiple heavy wettings. It's really just a matter of what's practical for any given person's situation. The people who seem to "hate" Depend are typically people who've gotten spoiled by better diapers and who no longer have an interest in a diaper that's good for squeezing in a couple of hours of quick playtime.

Personally I stick to my GoodNites. I like they way they feel, I like the way they fit, and the hold one good wetting which is all I ask. I don't need them to take five wettings or to last half a day before I change them, so they work for me. Depend will work for others, and something else will work for an entirely different group of people.

I started with the Depends real fit underwear for men and they were fine for small surges, but once I started to flood with out warning I had to change to a taped diaper and Depends taped briefs were my first batch. They were thin but noisy, I then discovered this site and a few others and researched different options I then found the local distributor for Dry 24/7's and they recommended Abena air plus M2's for my day time diaper and I haven't looked back since. Once you try a premium brand diaper Depends look and feel cheap and a discount brand

I'm wearing the depends for men flex fit right now and they are comfortable but they can't hold that much. I did soak it pretty well though.. it says max absorbancy but it's probably only meant for a light wetting.

I don't mind them, but the pull up leg gathers are a little tight and pretty scratchy.  For now the remedy is to split the side a little to relieve the pressure, though I am afraid they will split all the way up (I guess I could pin it).  And for the scratchiness, I put on some lotion around the leg gather area.

I don't mind them, but the pull up leg gathers are a little tight and pretty scratchy.  For now the remedy is to split the side a little to relieve the pressure, though I am afraid they will split all the way up (I guess I could pin it).  And for the scratchiness, I put on some lotion around the leg gather area.

I do believe this is a clear sign you are wearing a diaper that is too small. Try going up to the next size, I'm sure you'll find it won't fit quite as tight but will still work every bit as good- probably better.

only seen them once many years ago at a chemist in Portsmouth UK, they had 3 tapes either side which was unusual and the best elasticated waistband i have ever experienced.

only seen them once many years ago at a chemist in Portsmouth UK, they had 3 tapes either side which was unusual and the best elasticated waistband i have ever experienced.

They still do have three tapes and the best elastic waistband (which they copyrighted). Unfortunately their biggest problem is the lack of absorbency which over the years has been getting worse and worse.

Unfortunately their biggest problem is the lack of absorbency which over the years has been getting worse and worse.

Depend diaper + Abri-let Maxi stuffer = great fit and great capacity. Use a snug fitting pair of underwear to keep the whole thing in place when wet (it does get heavy) and it does quite well. I use this combination pretty frequently, used to do it with Attends too, but now the Attends are worse than Depend IMO.

I sometimes will use a baby diaper, and glue it in place.  That way you can stretch the baby diaper out a little bit and it makes for a really tight fit, (obviously cut slits in the back of the baby diaper for leakage into the depend diaper.)  It absorbs like mad then.

Absorbancy on the ones in the US(i live there) is 15% less then the absorbancy on the best baby diapers on the market which the best baby diaper ones is around 850ml-1100ml. Depends absorbancy 'round 600ml mark.

These are made for the adverage consumer who buys diapers for their adult's that they take care of or for those who have min. incontience. I fit into them just fine but totally hate how paperthin Depends are. Depends are made not for wetting but for craps(litlarty).

I supose if your starting out as a DL or a AB I chose these but be warned. They suck

The only good thing I seen come out of Depends is their comericals. Trying to get adverage people into diapers is a dam crazy idea but hey! It works!

I've used the plastic backed Depends diapers off and on since the late 90's and really do think they are thinner than in the past. Plastic backed diapers are hard to find where I live but sometimes Walmart carries them or can get 1st Quality (made by Prevail) at a local medical supply. I keep some of these cheap diapers on hand for when I want to wear something discreet or if I don't have a lot of time to enjoy wearing. My main complaint about Depends, aside from only holding 1 moderate wetting, is the tapes suck. There may be 6 of them, but you can't get a snug fit without a few popping lose in no time. It does compare well with the 1st Quality diaper though. Both hold about the same amount. The Depends is more comfortable, however 1st Quality has 4 very strong tapes that will norally rip the plastic before coming off. I will continue to use both as I like to have a lot of verity in my potty panty selection. I wonder if Depends realizes the growing market of superior incontinence products that they are missing out on. I do appreciate their commercials that help reduce the stigma of wearing diapers.

Well the US version is nothing like an Abena or AB universe....they are like pull ups with tapes.  I like them because they are discreet under my pants and I use them for casual outings, just so I know I have a diaper on. I love the plastic back....very babyish as well as the green waistbands, like a pamper.  Now if they took the same exact materials and colors of these US depends and made them like an Abana and thick....would be the ultimate AB diaper IMO.