LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you prefer plastic-backed or "cloth" disposable diapers?

Plastic backed or "cloth" backed disposable?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer disposable diapers with plastic outer shells or "cloth-like" outer shells?

• Plastic backed
    • "Cloth-like"
    • No preference
  2. 2. What do you like about plastic-backed diapers ?

• They feel better to wear, are more comfortable
    • The noise they make
    • They are more reliable (they leak less)
    • The tapes are more reliable
    • They remind me of my childhood diapers
    • Other reason (leave comment)
    • Not applicable ... I prefer cloth-like
  3. 3. What do you like about cloth-backed diapers ?

• They feel better to wear, are more comfortable
    • They are quieter than plastic-backed
    • They are more reliable (they leak less)
    • The tapes are more reliable
    • They remind me of my childhood diapers
    • They are more like today's baby diapers
    • Other reason (leave a comment)
    • Not applicable ... I prefer plastic-backed

I actually like cloth, mainly because of the refastenability of the tabs to get the perfect fit. However, I do think that plastic is more reliable in terms of leakage protection. There are some highly absorbent cloth backed diapers out there but none of them compare in leakage protection to that of an M4 or Dry 24/7.

Nothing says waterproof more than plastic to me. Cloth diapers are what I grew up with and they are covered with plastic pants to seal in the wetness.I know technology changes and improves things, however cloth backed diapers when really wet begin to wick and that is a potential for leaks. I would be inclined to wear a pair of vinyl pants over them to make sure they didn't leak and that defeats the purpose of a disposable diaper and adds cost.

I am profoundly urinary incontinent and have been so since 1985. As a child Mom only used pinned classic Curity 21x40 gauze diapers. Our family hugged trees, so we were anti-disposable. In 1981 when I was getting ready to leave home for a university dorm I had to learn to use and sleep in Attends disposables. Of course those were classic poly-plastic backed with sticky tapes.

We should have another option for cloth diapers with a diaper cover.

Given just cloth-like and plastic, it's plastic all the way for me. As far as I'm concerned, cloth-like simply doesn't work any where near enough to be called a real diaper. They are not water proof on the sides or around the legs, typically do not have enough capacity to hold even one major wetting, and often fall apart or sag within a couple of hours of normal, active wear.

I grew up in the early 1970s when there was a large shift from cloth diapers and plastic pants to plastic backed disposable diapers. I wore diapers late into childhood and my Mom used both types on me, preferring double cloth and plastic pants at night for added absorbency and disposable diapers during the daytime for convenience. I grew to prefer plastic backed disposable diapers and got attached to them as a diapered child. Today, I have the same preference because they remind me of happy times, I.e. I love the look, feel, and crinkle of the pampers I wore as a child that I now get from wearing AB diapers like bambinos. I only wish that I could get the same smell I remember from a freshly opened box of pampers that often permeated my room as a child.

Plastic backed cling to your body better. One thing I find with cloth backed is they kinda 'swish' around and make a noise anyway when you walk. You also can't get them to fit as tight as plastics.

The side sleeping in a cloth is another issue.

BUT:

When it's roasting hot outside and you've got to do some chores or go for a walk cloth is far cooler. They're fine until you start filling them the.n they tend to stretch and fall down a little.

I bet as children that wore cloth-backed diapers as babies grow up and frequent this site, the number of those that like cloth will increase.

Grew up with cloth diapers and rubber/plastic pants but still prefer my diapers to be plastic and not cloth.I have worn cloth backed one and they wernt that bad .if there will be no more plastic ones I wont have a proplem switching to cloth like ones.