LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who Can We Trust Anymore

I was on Ebay earlier and saw a lot of AB/DL related things way overpriced.

Some of these places have websites as well that claim to be "Aware".

I guess that mean aware that some of us may not know when we are being taken avantage of.

The biggest "come on" I saw was a number of sellers (including ABU & Bambino) selling 2 sample diapers.

I don't mind paying a little extra for a small quantity to try something new.

But it's beyond "a little" I think.

For example many sellers had Molicares, Abenas and the worst was Fabines.

If you added up the cost of the item plus shipping it was well over 5 bucks for one DIAPER!

And Fabines topped out at about $7 or $8 EACH.

I guess some people are willing to pay that much. I think it's a lot even for a sample. Am I wrong?

BTW... I found this little item as well...

Is this really a universal AB/DL symbol? Or just someone who wants it to be?

Edited by Kari
Getting rid of some old images

It does seem like a lot of AB/DL items are way overpriced and getting more expensive. Maybe part of the blame is the economy. Maybe some of it IS taking advantage of this lifestyle. Since I don't possess the talent of sewing, if I really want something ABish, I am at the mercy of the free market enterprise.

Has far as the AB symbol, I have always leaned towards the BabyPride symbol. I think it’s now more widely recognized and accepted.

http://babypridestore.com/

They know that people will pay for convenience. Small quantities paid for with paypal so nothing will show up on statements. If you compare the price of Depends at the drug store to decent diapers ordered online or from a medical supply store you see the same thing.

aware just means they know their product is going to people who enjoy role playing, dressing up, getting off in, etc...etc...etc.... it also means they know their product is highly desired by a niche group of people, and their product does not face much competition so they can have hire prices because this niche community will pay more for these things.

• Like 1

Sarah is right. Take notice of how high the bids go. I see many AB clothes, especially little girl AB clothes, start out at around $40 and end up around $120 or higher. I for one set a price limit on what I bid on, because I know where to get cute custom made clothing at half the price of the high end bids. To that end, I have not really found eBay to my liking as of late.

It's not only AB stuff on ebay that is price controlled, I have bid on cars and have been outbid for a price that no one would pay for it, just to get you to bid again.

It's simple, place your item for sale and have your friends place bids to run up the price, as soon as they get to the price they want they drop out of the bidding.

Same thing happens at auto auctions, people in the crowd bid up the car to get it where they want it, then they walk away, leaving the next bidder stuck paying what the owner of the vehicle wanted.

I know because I was one of those bidders who walked away when the car hit the right price.

It's not only AB stuff on ebay that is price controlled, I have bid on cars and have been outbid for a price that no one would pay for it, just to get you to bid again.

It's simple, place your item for sale and have your friends place bids to run up the price, as soon as they get to the price they want they drop out of the bidding.

Same thing happens at auto auctions, people in the crowd bid up the car to get it where they want it, then they walk away, leaving the next bidder stuck paying what the owner of the vehicle wanted.

I know because I was one of those bidders who walked away when the car hit the right price.

That thought had crossed my mind.

Yep, what Sarah said. It's not a matter of trust. It's a simple matter of supply and demand. If you don't wanna pay that much then dont. I know how you feel though. This month marked 10 years w/o a diaper. And the pin at babypridestore.com is the most recognized/accepted official symbol. I want one myself but I cant ship it here w/o suspicion from my brother whom I live with.

AB items are over priced because they have to make the outfits and that uses their time. So they will be pricey. Diaper samples are pricey too because they have to pay for the listing, pay for the shipping, and one of them even says so in their auction why they are pricey. Don't like the price, don't buy them.

When i bid on AB clothes, I put in the price I want to pay for and if someone outbids me, they were willing to pay more than I offered. There are people out there who are willing to pay a lot for an AB outfit.

Some of it is out own fault. Some of us are so skeered that they won't go to ABDL websites (or god forbid brick and mortar stores) where they think they might get 'caught'. Those overpriced online sellers cater to those people and like any business they sell at the highest price they can get :o Since Ebay buying-only accounts are so easy to set up with pretty good anonymity, that's where I've seen the worst of the price gouging occur :bash: and it's become so prevalent that I hardly visit there for ABDL stuff anymore <_<

Let them rip someone else off- I will not pay unfair prices :P Quality and special handling costs more, but at some price point it changes from a business deal to just another proof that PT Barnum was right :(

Bettypooh

I was on Ebay earlier and saw a lot of AB/DL related things way overpriced.

Some of these places have websites as well that claim to be "Aware".

I guess that mean aware that some of us may not know when we are being taken avantage of.

The biggest "come on" I saw was a number of sellers (including ABU & Bambino) selling 2 sample diapers.

I don't mind paying a little extra for a small quantity to try something new.

But it's beyond "a little" I think.

For example many sellers had Molicares, Abenas and the worst was Fabines.

If you added up the cost of the item plus shipping it was well over 5 bucks for one DIAPER!

And Fabines topped out at about $7 or $8 EACH.

I guess some people are willing to pay that much. I think it's a lot even for a sample. Am I wrong?

BTW... I found this little item as well...

Is this really a universal AB/DL symbol? Or just someone who wants it to be?

So if you think the price is too high, don't buy them. This is capitalism. Someone is trying to make a profit. If the mark-up is too high, the business will die and the owner will be stuck with the excess inventory.

I use to be one of those people who didn't care about the cost of something like an AB item on ebay. Of course I was younger in my 20's then. And I knew I wanted AB items like sleeper's, rompers, onsie's, footed sleepers, etc. I'm a DL but wasn't sure about being AB, so I decided I want to explore the AB side of me. I wanted to feel like a toddler again and I couldn't believe it was possible to get in possession and own something every baby would have but as an adult. It was mind blowing to me. I admit paying too much for some of the stuff I own now all of which I care less about today. I enjoyed it, but realized the AB thing is not for me anymore. It's only fun if you have a partner like a GF or a mommie that's wiling to join in (you know) and it's not fun when don't have a partner (for me anyway). I don't have my GF around anymore. We split up. I had my fun and I don't think I'll ever get into the AB thing again. I decided to just be a diaperlover only. I don't go to ebay anymore for AB items or even searching anything related and certainly will not buy my diapers from ebay either.

I think i'm lucky in that I grew up with the internet and as sites like ebay, amazon, and stuff came into existance was the time i was starting to make my own money, so I have always know how to internet shop around.. so i found things like onesies on amazon on sale for like $15, and I have found footie pj's for $8 at kmart and walmart online (i'm plus sized so clothes are always more expensive, but you can still find them cheaper), so the most expensive thing i have bought were bambinos, but you can't really shop around for those... i mean only one place makes them...

Has far as the AB symbol, I have always leaned towards the BabyPride symbol. I think it’s now more widely recognized and accepted.

I've wondered if there might be a place for a DL symbol? Maybe something that reflects the AB\DL balance that many of us feel? I like the simplest of these images without lettering.

AB items are over priced because they have to make the outfits and that uses their time. So they will be pricey. Diaper samples are pricey too because they have to pay for the listing, pay for the shipping, and one of them even says so in their auction why they are pricey. Don't like the price, don't buy them.

When i bid on AB clothes, I put in the price I want to pay for and if someone outbids me, they were willing to pay more than I offered. There are people out there who are willing to pay a lot for an AB outfit.

Not only that, but consider the current cost of gasoline, food, electricity and other items. The profit over the cost of matierials that the person making these items had to go up to fairly compensate them for their time. I don't see people complaining about waitstaff wanting 18% instead of the 10% I remember them getting when I was a kid. Oh yeah, the price of dinner when eating out got a lot higher to. If a waiter/waitress is worth an 18% gratituty from you, why isn't a skilled seamstress or tailor worth a fair wage and a decent profit? If not, don't shop!

Sarah is right. Take notice of how high the bids go. I see many AB clothes, especially little girl AB clothes, start out at around $40 and end up around $120 or higher. I for one set a price limit on what I bid on, because I know where to get cute custom made clothing at half the price of the high end bids. To that end, I have not really found eBay to my liking as of late.

As someone who sews my own toddler clothes, I can assure you that material is expensive. Sewing is also time-comsuming; it takes me an average of four to six hours to complete a basic dress. An outfit with a pinafore or extra ruffles takes several hours longer. If I were to sell what I made, I'd have to turn a profit. Even if I charged $10-15 per hour for sewing, the minimum labor would add up to $40-60. I pay on average $8.95 a yard for fabric. Then there are notions such as trim and thread. Lace runs close to $20 a roll. As for homemade diapers and waterproof pants, diaper flannel is about $4 a yard, but waterproof PUL is $10 a yard. (One yard yields a couple pair of pants). I'm actually surprised at how inexpensive some adult baby/sissy clothes are online because I know the cost--without labor--of making outfits.

As someone who sews my own toddler clothes, I can assure you that material is expensive. Sewing is also time-comsuming; it takes me an average of four to six hours to complete a basic dress. An outfit with a pinafore or extra ruffles takes several hours longer. If I were to sell what I made, I'd have to turn a profit. Even if I charged $10-15 per hour for sewing, the minimum labor would add up to $40-60. I pay on average $8.95 a yard for fabric. Then there are notions such as trim and thread. Lace runs close to $20 a roll. As for homemade diapers and waterproof pants, diaper flannel is about $4 a yard, but waterproof PUL is $10 a yard. (One yard yields a couple pair of pants). I'm actually surprised at how inexpensive some adult baby/sissy clothes are online because I know the cost--without labor--of making outfits.

I know what it costs, because I know what it takes to get the fabric. Unfortunately, you cannot reasonably ask for 120+ dollars for a simple pre-made cloth baby dress with a fabric you get from a Disney store or what have you. I am sorry, but I can find the same items that are custom made for half that price. That price, IMO, is actually getting close to the silk and lace quality range.

I know what it costs, because I know what it takes to get the fabric. Unfortunately, you cannot reasonably ask for 120+ dollars for a simple pre-made cloth baby dress with a fabric you get from a Disney store or what have you. I am sorry, but I can find the same items that are custom made for half that price. That price, IMO, is actually getting close to the silk and lace quality range.

THIS.

It's what is wrong with America today... everybody wants things dirt fucking cheap and doesn't care that someone somewhere actually has to make a living producing and selling whatever it is they are buying. Materials aren't getting any cheaper and the items take several hours to produce. Those of you working out in the private sector... what do you bring in a day? $50? $100? Is it unreasonable that someone working from home making specialty items should be able to bring in that much?

My wife used to make custom cloth diapers... figure $10-$20 for the material depending on size, thickness, pattern, etc. and it takes a couple of hours to crank one out... even at the modest labor rate of $10/hr there's another $20-$30. So you are looking at $30 - $50 for the item itself. Now it has to be packaged and shipped... another $10 minimum for any kind of decent box and reliable shipping service with tracking. All that's not even counting wear and tear on her sewing machine... which was a big up front investment and will eventually need to be replaced.

Very few people understand the value of domestically produced goods anymore, and fewer still are willing to pay for it. Which is why our markets are flooded with low quality imported crap from overseas.

THIS.

It's what is wrong with America today... everybody wants things dirt fucking cheap and doesn't care that someone somewhere actually has to make a living producing and selling whatever it is they are buying. Materials aren't getting any cheaper and the items take several hours to produce. Those of you working out in the private sector... what do you bring in a day? $50? $100? Is it unreasonable that someone working from home making specialty items should be able to bring in that much?

My wife used to make custom cloth diapers... figure $10-$20 for the material depending on size, thickness, pattern, etc. and it takes a couple of hours to crank one out... even at the modest labor rate of $10/hr there's another $20-$30. So you are looking at $30 - $50 for the item itself. Now it has to be packaged and shipped... another $10 minimum for any kind of decent box and reliable shipping service with tracking. All that's not even counting wear and tear on her sewing machine... which was a big up front investment and will eventually need to be replaced.

Very few people understand the value of domestically produced goods anymore, and fewer still are willing to pay for it. Which is why our markets are flooded with low quality imported crap from overseas.

I think this is an assumption that is easily proven incorrect. Sure, I have seen some ebay stores as well as other places from sellers in China selling, on average, slightly cheaper AB dresses, but that carries a heavy shipping cost, at least about 4 times what you would normally pay for shipping in the U.S..

The sad part in regards to what you guys are saying is the fact you are undercut by the same type of seller you describe yourselves as. I think they are more efficient from what you guys are saying and they are not selling on eBay. For example, you can almost cut your shipping cost in half by using envelopes instead of boxes. Most AB dresses can fit into an envelope, like those flat rate envelopes at USPS. Those only cost $5.95 for shipping.

I used to be a (non-AB) seller on ebay and I gave up because ebay was determined to gouge as much as it could from its sellers thru exorbitant fees and unfair policies and practices. Fees have quadrupled and everyone is forced to use PayPal which is 4 times the cost of providing a credit card facility and even more expensive that direct debit. So where is the surprise that prices on ebay are higher than you would expect? ebay is a great place but it is not a 'service'. It is a business and one that has no hesitation in charging or penalising its sellers. And all of this has to get passed on to buyers.

I dont sew particularly often and I dont have the time anymore to make my baby the clothes she needs. Ebay AB clothing is usually significantly cheaper than most AB websites and the quality is certainly variable. We bought a lovely chinese dress at a good price but the zipper was substandard and is jammed thus rendering it unwearable until I replace it. Some other garments have been wonderful but I have noticed over the years that the proces of AB clothing has dropped, probably in part from chinese manufacturers and I suspect a number of great sellers have given up because of the small margins left.

Ultimately, until the day comes where you can go to Target and find the Mens, Womens and Adult Baby sections, AB clothing and items will always be more expensive. ON that subject, can you imagine a day where AB attire and equipment is found in regular stores and discreet AB wear is acceptable in public?

Not in my lifetime Im afraid and probably not for decades - if ever.

I used to be a (non-AB) seller on ebay and I gave up because ebay was determined to gouge as much as it could from its sellers thru exorbitant fees and unfair policies and practices. Fees have quadrupled and everyone is forced to use PayPal which is 4 times the cost of providing a credit card facility and even more expensive that direct debit. So where is the surprise that prices on ebay are higher than you would expect? ebay is a great place but it is not a 'service'. It is a business and one that has no hesitation in charging or penalising its sellers. And all of this has to get passed on to buyers.

I quit selling on eBay too, for the exact same reasons. I now sell locally on craigslist and have done fair in keeping up with the bills.

I know people who sell AB clothing on etsy. You makers of AB/DL accessories may be interested in trying that website. Cost is 3.5% of selling price. It also seems even Amazon might be cheaper than eBay, so there are plenty of other avenues. No one has to sell on eBay.