LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Causes People To Feel Like They Need To Wear Diapers?

I am simply interested in what you guys think causes someone to feel like they need to wear diapers. There are a lot of theories as to why someone would feel a need to be treated like a baby etc. but what about people that are just into the diapers and not the baby part??

This seems to be something that most of us have all of our lives so why does it start in the first place? Is it biological or cultural or both? Any ideas?

I am a female diaper lover. So I also want to know why DLs are usually always men? Is the cause different in women than it is in men?

The same thing that causes people to think they "need" to take drugs, booze or even shop themselves into mega-debt. Nobody made it clear to them the difference between a need and a want. A need is a matter of survival, which if not met, will kill you. This lack of perspective was best put in the Journy soug lyric "Any way yo want it; that's the way you need it". In this case, If you go around with this fake "need" you cheat yourself out of the enjoymjent you would get, or should be gettingthg from something done from want because it becomes a "gotta do" instead of a "wanna do". It also gives folks the idea that since they don't "need" this, that you are an immature self-absorbed twit and is the point behind my phrase of two decades "You have to grow up before you can grow down"

I think that AB/DL have a desire to wear not a "need". The root of that desire is different from person to person. It could've been a tramatic childhood they want a second chance at, or maybe just being a bedwetter and finding comfort in wearing every night when they were younger. There is a huge list of reasons why this desire is with people. I'm sure that the reasons to wear could be different between genders as well but one theme I've seen over and over again is comfort and security. It seems that these are two things which diapers provide to both AB and DL, the reasons for those feelings can be very different however.

• Like 1

I think you might have well asked us to define what love is? We are emotionally driven to diapers for differing reasons that most of us probably can't truly explain the "why" part.

Personally I think it is a combination of biological and cultural of varying degrees just as much as being gay is. Yes, we are probably born this way, and yes we probably had a special exposure to it when we were young (maybe too young to remember even).

I could try going into giving reasons I think may have guided me to diapers, and even give an event or two that may have me stuck to diapers (or is it the other way around). Unfortunately, I don't think I could even explain to myself the underlying why of it. Trust me I've tried.

I think perhaps a better comparison than love, maybe because i'm a fairly un-emotional person, is just general likes and dislikes. I might as well ask "why is purple my favorite color?" or "why do I like tea?". You can come up with answers, for example my mother's favorite color is also purple. These answers though aren't particularly useful or likely all that accurate. People are complex things, it's very hard to work out why we do what we do. There's large numbers of people in various scientific fields trying and largely failing for decades to figure these things out.

On a related note, I also kind of think that "[insert whatever fetish here] are mostly men" is usually not entirely true. My evidence is no less anecdotal than a lot of the evidence I hear in opposition but I feel like it has more to do with the sexual repression placed more heavily on women than men in a lot of places in the world, a repression that's been slowly lifting for awhile now. It seems like more and more women are showing up in fetish communities because of it.

Here for example, still by no means anything more than a minority, there are still a pretty surprising number of females that post here.

Lastly to make a long post longer, I think maybe the OP's question has more to do with wanting some sort of explanation to ease distress at having such an "odd" fetish. If I'm off base at all I apologize. I'm sure many people who post on here have gone through similar things or are even going through similar things right now. For a long long time I was very un-accepting of my DL fetishism. It's easier said than done, but the sooner you accept it the happier you'll be. I don't really have any suggestions on how to overcome it. For me it just took time. I was interested in diapers from a very young age and it took until I was almost 30 (only 31 now) to finally accept it. I'm much happier now.

Last 3 days ive worn 24/7 cause my mouth hurt and dentist dosent seem to get rid of it so i found out that drinking cold water /having water in my mouth makes pain go away

So, instead of going to toilet every hour i just use diapers..

for me it was because I was forced into potty training before I was ready.

I wasn't ready to give up wearing diapers back then and i wanted to be able to get back into diapers since then.

thank goodness that for the last 6 years i have had a medical need for them.

I like being back in diapers and I plan on staying in them for the rest of my life.

stay diapered. :baby_smiley3:

• Like 1

In my case, I know it started as a sexual comfort. I was diapered when I was a child every night until 6 because I was a bedwetter. I think that having a diaper on, either when it was put on or how it felt as I was wearing it, or maybe even how it felt when I was subconciously wetting it in my sleep was sexually stimulating. They say that sexual traits can be established at a very young age. Somehow I got an interest in diapers through my childhood even though I never wore them past age 6 and diapers weren't always on my mind like with some people. When I was 11 I got a chance to wear my first Pampers even though they didn't fit. I had my first orgasum with those Pampers on and I know the feeling of it is what helped turn me into a DL. You can do anything, but when you have a positive reaction or positive inforcement in doing it, the desires to do it again and again only get stronger. A negative reaction makes you want to not do it again, which is how dogs get trained and kids get punnished into not doing what they aren't supposed to do.

For me it seems as though it started as just an unexplainable compulsion, then developed into more of a security and comfort thing, and now its a full-blown interest on top of the other two things. It's kind of like the Matrix movies for me. I can't entirely explain what drew me towards them in the beginning, but over an admittedly rather short time frame after watching it, it had become a full blown obsession for me to the point where my iPod is now softmodded with a full-on Matrix theme.

I started wearing because i was in the Hospital and i had a bad case of retention was in kidney failure and they called "my"(i've continued to see him) urologist who scopped me and said you have a giant bladder its almost three times what i would consider a normal bladder and he cathed me and drained it and got like 3700 of urine out and also told me that my prostate was the size of a jumbo grapefruit and he put me on Flomax and wrote an order for me to be massaged & cathed every 3 hours but from then on i constanly flood the bed repeatedly at night and during the day the same thing and i don't feel it until my diaper gets warmer than it was, i will be sitting in my chair talking to someone or wheeling down the road on my way someplace and i'll suddenly feel warmer than i was before and i'll know that i just went, the only thing that i am grateful for is the fact that i'm unaware of it so i don't make any kind of outward sign that i just took a leak well talking to someone,i can imagine that being an issue for someone.

nappy

I am simply interested in what you guys think causes someone to feel like they need to wear diapers. There are a lot of theories as to why someone would feel a need to be treated like a baby etc. but what about people that are just into the diapers and not the baby part??

This seems to be something that most of us have all of our lives so why does it start in the first place? Is it biological or cultural or both? Any ideas?

I am a female diaper lover. So I also want to know why DLs are usually always men? Is the cause different in women than it is in men?

for myself it really has to do with feeling in secure about things or stress most of the time. I seem to notice I wanna wear diapers when i'm stressed.

This is truly one of the biggest and yet (so far) incomprehensibles aspects of being AB/DL - thw question of 'where did this come from'. The answer is so far nothing more than the unhelpful 'I dont know'. Some people know, some THINK they know and others have no idea. I see it as three broad categories:

1) developmental. Something inside just doesnt quite develop right and childish/infant aspects remain strong inthe adult personality

2) incidental: something significant (not necessarily abusive, but often is) that cause people to either regress or fixate at a very young level

3) other reasons. the equivalent of 'I was born with it'

Those three groupings are hardly helpful tho. If I could get 1000 reliable people to do an extensive survey on this topic then we might get some insight but I think that for many people the reason will remain unknown and be part of category three.

The other point is to ask that if you DID know how it came to be for you, would it change anything? Could it even change anything? If ABDL is not causing you any grief now, then knowing where it came from will give you no more than an answer to your intellectual curiousity. If it IS giving you grief, then the answer may in fact cause you more greif and instead of providing help, make matters worse. Ignorance isnt bliss but nor is knowledge the same as wisdom. Id be careful about asking a question to which the answer may not bring anything but difficulty.

....The other point is to ask that if you DID know how it came to be for you, would it change anything? Could it even change anything?....

Knowing what the cause is may help you avoid triggering influences if that's what you want to do. It's like knowing that you have no resistance to candy and avoiding the candy aisle at the grocery store so you're not tempted ;)

....If ABDL is not causing you any grief now, then knowing where it came from will give you no more than an answer to your intellectual curiousity. If it IS giving you grief, then the answer may in fact cause you more greif and instead of providing help, make matters worse. Ignorance isnt bliss but nor is knowledge the same as wisdom. Id be careful about asking a question to which the answer may not bring anything but difficulty.

I disagree. Knowledge may not bring comfort, but it always leaves you with a better understanding of what is going on. Even if you cannot find any causes, you will know that you've thought it through which will relieve your curiosity and help keep the question from popping up again ;) If something is causing you grief, then you'd darn well better try to understand it so that you can deal with it because it's not going to improve in your life until you do that :o I doubt that any of us has a full understanding of this in ourselves, just the same as I believe that nobody cannot find at least something which pushes us in this direction B) About the only time I would recommend not thinking about something is when you know it upsets you beca7use you think it's bad for you and you have not yet begun to act on the impulses. It's easier to not start something than it is to stop once you've started :whistling: Otherwise, the more you know about it the less power it has over you :groupwave:

Bettypooh

For me, I am pretty sure this started in my early adolence. I cannot remember any interest in it from my earlier childhood. I developed a curiousity about and fascination with urine. For example I wanted to know what happened if it evaporated. A friend of mine dared me to drink some, and I pretended to be grossed out, but it was actually something I wanted to do (convenient excuse). Nothing much happened for a long time with it. Then when the circumstances were right (was experimenting with plastic bags and etc), I bought a pack of baby diapers and tried to use them. Obviously that didn't work out. Then, it was forced into dormancy again until I saw some diaper pictures on 4chan. For me the diapers started as a way to hold urine, but they also developed an erotic charm of their own. I don't need diapers, but they are fun.

Knowing what the cause is may help you avoid triggering influences if that's what you want to do. It's like knowing that you have no resistance to candy and avoiding the candy aisle at the grocery store so you're not tempted ;)

I disagree. Knowledge may not bring comfort, but it always leaves you with a better understanding of what is going on. Even if you cannot find any causes, you will know that you've thought it through which will relieve your curiosity and help keep the question from popping up again ;) If something is causing you grief, then you'd darn well better try to understand it so that you can deal with it because it's not going to improve in your life until you do that :o I doubt that any of us has a full understanding of this in ourselves, just the same as I believe that nobody cannot find at least something which pushes us in this direction B) About the only time I would recommend not thinking about something is when you know it upsets you beca7use you think it's bad for you and you have not yet begun to act on the impulses. It's easier to not start something than it is to stop once you've started :whistling: Otherwise, the more you know about it the less power it has over you :groupwave:

Bettypooh

I disagree entirely, not because you are totally wrong because you are in fact partly right. HOWEVER, research has shown that information about the cause of a trauma is often of little to no good at all in treating the problem. In many cases - such as with children - focusing on the cause is actually counter-productive. Knowing the triggers for your behaviours is not the same as knowing what caused it in the first place. I absolute support discovering how to live with regressive tendencies in your life. After all, I wrote a book about it! However, the search for the genesis of it all is usually futile and even if you do find out, is of little benefit in changing who you are. It is built into many of us to 'want to know'. That doesnt however mean it is beneficial even if it were possible.

None of us probablyhas a GOOD recollection of when we wore diapers as a baby. But subconsciously it must have given us comfort and security back then. As adults, we are searching for those feelings again and apparently wearing diapers has stirred up some good feelings from our past. It's like tasting a food that is really good and we want to eat it again and again because of the pleasure it gives us.

I had younger siblings who were in diapers & plastic pants and I think for me I was jealous of the attention that they got from my Mom. I started wearing them when I could, when I was 5 or 6. I now can't wait until I get home to put on a nice warm diaper & some plastic pants. I also have always had a thing for panties and wear them every day too.

• Like 1

I have a couple of distinct memories that may have been important in my urge. I have a memory of having diarrhea when I was past 4 and being diapered. The other is having pee run down my legs when I was potty training. I think potty training may have been a traumatic experience for me, because there are very vivid in my first memories (around 4 years old).

I've only done the makeshift diaper thing now and then as of now, but have long-since fantasizedthought ;) of going out and about more properly diapered for the day or weekend. In my case at least, I've had a fascination with peeing (and to a limited extent, its counterpart), particularly in "unconventional" ways (e.g. not at the toilet, or in an unconventional posture) almost as long as I remember. Diapers are a logical extension of this. And it feels good--that's a good enough reason there.

The idea of waste elimination having an erotic or autoerotic counterpart seems to be something we gents have a predisposition to, not that the ladies are automatically ineligible of course. I've seen it brought up repeatedly here on this site during my lurking, and plenty of times elsewhere. I'm no exception to it. Maybe it's just one of those things that we don't want to admit, even in situations/conversations where it would be appropriate. And maybe our tendency to be attracted to potty humor and its ilk (while growing up especially) is, in part, a way of getting around it.

That's my take at least.