LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Black Card

Taking a stab at trying to get a little healthier, physically and mentally, so went to Planet Fitness today and signed up for a black card. Did a mile on the treadmill, took 10 minutes in a tanning bed (good for my skin condition) and a fiver in the nicest massage chair ever!

Mile isn't much, but didn't want to do that thing where I try to do 5 or 10 miles, blow out my legs and never go back.

No big diet, nothing crazy, just going to try and move more and get out of the house a bit.

(The Black Card is their name for the upgraded membership with the massage and tans included. $19 a month right now, not bad at all.)

I really should try and start getting more exercise... The other day I did about 10 minutes on the rowing machine and 5 minutes of jogging on the spot in my apartment. Not much at all I know, but I am very unfit so its a start!

I'm not keen on joining a Gym though, I am very intimidated by them and don't think I would fit in! I do need to use my rowing machine and jog more often though... I've tried before but always give up :( I'm lucky I have good metabolism and despite not eating healthily or exercising much at all I am small and actually find it very hard to put on weight, that said, I know I am very out of shape.

So... I'm going to try and exercise at least semi-regularly (every other day or so) and as long as you keep up your exercise, I'll keep up mine! :P

Sounds good Elfie! Every little bit helps. I'm never going to be skinny as I simply won't give up my sugary drinks... but healthy can be achieved even by bigger folks!

I chose PF because it's a place where I can fit in. Most of the people there were my size, and they have strict rules against gym rats (what they call Lunks) so there's no muscle tees, loud grunting or free-weight slamming. Just rows of treadmills, rowers and bikes. But it sounds like you have what you need already :)

I have recently also been on a health kick, jogging and pushups that is my morning medicine. Getting up early is the shits, but you have to beat the heat, and early is the way to do it.

I've put some weight back from my dieting. Got back to snacking but not as much as before. If I quit the ciggies I'd be in great health other than the worn-out/damaged/broken bits of my body :(

Work provides my exercise; day-long aerobics I get paid to do instead of paying for, otherwise I'd be in trouble. A friend my age loves to dance; that's his aerobics and I'm sure he enjoys the time with his dance partner too B) Find something you enjoy and you'll continue doing it. I'll never be young again but I'm much more careful with my health now because it hurts too much when I don't. Hard to beat that for motivation, just wish I'd started sooner :whistling:

Bettypooh

Taking a stab at trying to get a little healthier, physically and mentally, ...................so went to Planet Fitness today .................

I'm in. I did really well but with PTSD I stress eat so it's always a battle. I also just had Cataract Surgery so I couldn't do any thing that would raise my heart rate for 3 weeks so I'm out of the gym habit again. Feeling a bit sluggish.

Didn't make it to the gym today, but had to run errands so there was quite a bit of walking anyway, and with a 103 degree heat index I was sweating by the end of it!

Saturday will probably be a day off most weeks since they have limited hours on the weekend and are extra busy. Going in the morning - have already told the fam it'll be a me-day.

Love to join in the exercise program. Right now I'm doing 3 miles of brisk walk on the treadmill with a 15% incline daily, really kicks the calorie counter into high gear. The gym really isn't my thing, but exercising at home does allow me to be diapered, just need a little lotion to avoid chafing.

I recently removed caffeine from my diet completely to get better sleep at night. Something I have realized is I get much better sleep and wake up much less groggy when I live a healthier lifestyle. When I eat fried foods at dinner time for instance, I feel like crap the next morning.

Heat index has been something else up here in VA, too....very much a limiting factor on exercise.

I have a pedometer app on my smartphone, one called pacer...and use it to track steps during the day...the goal is 10,000 steps, roughly 4 miles....which has fallen apart because there's no longer a dog in the house to force me to do it!

And, $20 a month for massages???

Edited by Dill_Pickle

Using the apps on my iPhone and watch to track progress. Mainly for motivation since I'm not taking the actual routine of it too seriously. More import than I get up and make the effort, than how much I actually do each day. Doing what feels comfortable until I get my energy up and heartrate down a bit.

I miss being able to do running and cardio workouts. Especially coming from the Marines. Unfortunately when you've got bad knees and legs like I do there is much you can do. Don't take it for granted and keep up those workouts!

Tomorrow will be an off day. Had to run errands and do shipping after the gym today so pretty beat and have some stiffness in my back, so don't want to push it. 2 on, 1 off i think is a good rhythm to start with - unless I can't sleep again tonight, then I might go for a short walk in the middle of the night and hit the massage chair or table to loosen up.

Got some extra gym towels, tees and such coming from Amazon and PlanetFitness tomorrow to make laundry a little less taxing.

I'm still not worrying about calories or dieting, just increasing output and overall health. When I start to feel better it'll be easier to tackle weight than right now when my sippy cup of juice is needed to make me happy :)

1.3mi today. Calves are a little sore so didn't want to push it. Resting heart rate is down 30 points, and average 25. Probably most important, my max heart rate is down 19 since I started. Amazing how little effort it takes to start seeing an improvement in heart health.