LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

did anyone else have a thing for plastic pants when they were little?

I did while I was still in them, around 3-4 years old I loved my gerber plastic pants, I was always touching them to feel the soft texture and looking down at the poof that they made. I have a love for them ever since and always tried get some when I was young, problem is they were too small. So has anyone else ever felt like this when they were young?

• Like 2

Absolutely, I still carry a vivid memory of myself, plastic pants on my head, running through the house, yelling RUBBER PANTS, RUBBER PANTS! I spent my whole childhood admiring plastic pants. When, and wherever I could see them, family, department stores, catalogs, magazine, wash lines, wherever. Later I bought my own, and would modify them to fit me. 

• Like 1

Who: Me?

Actually I did not like the Gerbers as they were made of the sandpapery material. I had real rubber and the smoother panties. They were all just cal "rubber panties". I am pretty certain that most persons of that time who dealt with them did from some of what I have seen.

Also, over the past 35 years, more and more companies have elected to make them of the smooth material. In 1980 those made of such material were few and far between. When DPF reached its height there were quite a few of them and now, they are pretty much the rule in the ABEL world

http://other.sandralyn.net/rppage-cont.html

Whenever we went to toys r us I would sneak off to the baby aisle to feel the 3 packs of Gerber vinyl pants. Always wishing I could buy and wear them. 

• Like 2

Yes, ever since about age 4 when I had to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night.  Pretty sure they were Gerber plastic pants.  My mom used to buy them in the local grocery store when she needed new ones with me sitting in the cart.  I always dreaded when she turned down that aisle (which also had soup, dog food and the baking stuff).  I never knew if she was going to stop in front of the baby food and pick a pair of the toddler plastic pants from the pegboard hooks above and put them in the shopping cart. 

I remember forcing myself into a real pair of amber rubber pants when I was probably four or so.    I can't remember why I did it.

Later on in my teens when I developed the interest in diapers, cloth diapers and plastic pants were the center of it (adult disposables handn't quite hit the market yet).

Hell YES!!! Did and still do. Until the internet, I stuffed into Gerber by cutting the side elastics. Thank God for the internet. I love plastics more than ever and have a large inventory. I'm always looking...

I have Loved plastic pants since as long as I can remember ,and had plastic fetish also all my life. A good plastic soft plastic will excite me.

No, didn't even know they existed until I heard about them from cloth diaper wearers in the ABDL community.

I'm more of a plastic backed disposable guy though and cloth diapers and plastic pants and all that aren't really my cup of tea.

• Like 1

Ive loved them from way back int he day. As a child of the 70s I was put into thick plastic Pampers and for extra protection at night it was those shiny white Gerber plastic pants. I loved the shiny textured surface of them and would make a nice swishy sound when rubbing the surface. They were my favorite plastic pants. I would buy some from Toys R Us despite being  slightly embarrassed adding some packs to my items. I would then sew together two pairs making them fit me batter. I then later found some online that were already adult sized which was awesome. They were exactly like the baby Gerbers ones. They now dont make them anymore but at least I still have several pairs today. They are showing their age a bit I still will wear them. My favorite plastic pants all my life.

• Like 1

II wonder what would have happened if the Girber panties were made of the smooth material, like the were in the early 2000's when I got some for my dolls at  Savers. The last new ones I got were Empire in 1985. All the ones I saw before 19555 were the smooth material as were most plastic items, and even after that many of them were still made in that. Some  brands included both, with the ones in smooth material being a bit more expensive. I was of the opinion that anything made of the grainy material were "trying not to be rubber" or cheap and chintzy. There were other thing made of PVC like crutains and bedspreads. It might be a good idea to revive that given the bedbug revival

was a bit strange, like Linda, I liked feeling them but not having to wear them, especially having them put on me. It was so humiliating. All littles hated them in that fashion from about the age of 4-1/2, It "makes you a baby". However given things like long trips and other things where a little girtl would be diapered, it was part of being a 1948-59 little girl (4-7), at least in my area. When I was 16 in '62,  I was visiting one of my autns' house and was down in the basement with her 9 year old daughter, Michelle. One of her dolls was their and under the doll's diaper was a pair of rubber panties but not over the diaper. I did not say a word. That was not new to me. Also, from the time I was 5, I noticed that sometime, after changing a baby, a mother would rub her hand on the infants derrier, I knw she was not adjusting the panties because the sshhhing sound was such that she could not have been pressing down on the material hard enough to be moving the panties. Again, I never said a word or changed my expression but I had a pretty good idea

I wore plain white over my cloth diapers.  Around 3rd grade, I found some frilly snap ones in my closet that I could fit into.  Those were fab.

To be brief, Yes! Most certainly.

I had at least one pair of Gerber pants, but had already developed a preference for a smooth surface, the smoother and softer the better.

21 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Whenever we went to toys r us I would sneak off to the baby aisle to feel the 3 packs of Gerber vinyl pants. Always wishing I could buy and wear them. 

So did I.

19 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Yes, ever since about age 4 when I had to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night.  Pretty sure they were Gerber plastic pants.  My mom used to buy them in the local grocery store when she needed new ones with me sitting in the cart.  I always dreaded when she turned down that aisle (which also had soup, dog food and the baking stuff).  I never knew if she was going to stop in front of the baby food and pick a pair of the toddler plastic pants from the pegboard hooks above and put them in the shopping cart. 

I had the same thing at age 4 in the store, my mom would grab the blue and white box and I would get scared, but I was still in cloth training pants and only had to wear plastic pants at night or naps. One of the times we were in the checkout and the the lady checking us out held up the plastic pants box and said to me are these for you? I did not say a word, but when we were just leaving my mom said said come on lets go home and try on your new plastic pants.

• Like 1

There is a sort of club for this

Funny, it wasn't until I was probably in my late teens or early 20's that I discovered the Sears catalog had adult cloth diapers and waterproof pants.  I never ever thought there would be plastic pants sized for adults.  It wouldn't have done me any good anyway because as a teen there was no way I could order them even if I had the money.  I do remember around age 12 or 13 going to K-mart.  They had a free standing shelf by the pet area that had diapers and plastic pants and they had one peg hook that had the biggest pair of plastic pants I had ever seen in my life!  They were called "Super Size".  They could easily fit a 200+ pound person and I wondered who would have a baby that big (longing for a pair of them for myself).  Of course, later in life (before I even learned about AB/DL), I realized there were teens that probably still wet the bed, and even later adults that might need them for the same reason.  I wasn't thinking old people, mental incapacity or incontinence, just some who may still wet the bed.  Naturally, you wouldn't expect them to be in the Men's wear department next to the boxer shorts or tighty whities, this being the early 1970's, but I'm sure those who needed a size that huge would know where to find them in the store.  All these years later when AB/DL is so prevalent, I wonder what those teens felt like when their mothers went and picked those super sized plastic pants off of the BABY rack!  Same for the adults who needed them!  This was years before home computers and the internet so there wasn't many options for buying adult sized plastic pants.  Makes me think an adult bedwetter or one who has continent issues may have got a bit of a start on AB/DL from having to buy their adult sized plastic pants from the baby department at K-mart. 

• Like 2

I have one memory of going down for a nap and my mom had me in plastic pants but no diaper.  I was 4 years old.  By the ime I was 5 or 6, I wanted to be back in those plastic pants but there were none to be had.  Whenever I saw another toddler in their wonderful puffy plastic pants it would drive me crazy that i could not be wearing them too.  Of course, I wanted the whole treatment...cloth diapers, pinned on with J&J baby powder and those adorable plastic pants.  Going into Woolworths in the 1950s was magical to walk down the aisle where baby items were displayed.  I would be mesmerized by all the Gerber pants, diapers and assorted items for babies.  It would be a long time before I was able to finally purchase plastic pants that actually fit my grown up body.  They were the snap on kind ( 4 snaps to a side )  and flannel lined but I didn't care.  I was in DL heaven.

I'm 75 years old now and the thrill of beng diapered with my "baby pants" on is as strong today as it ever was. 

• Like 4

i have loved plastic pants for as long as i can remember. i had a friend who was a bed wetter into his teenage years and wore the snap on plastic pants that had a snap in liner i think they came from sears. i found his stash by accident. i used to drive to medical stores far from my home in search for salks pro 450 snapon plastic pants that came in a box.  in a medical supply store a women asked me what she could help me find i asked her for snapon plastic pants for my grandfather she pulled them out and said i think they should fit you. do you think she knew they were for me?

• Like 2
On 3/23/2024 at 7:51 PM, Apache Raccoon said:

No, didn't even know they existed until I heard about them from cloth diaper wearers in the ABDL community.

I'm more of a plastic backed disposable guy though and cloth diapers and plastic pants and all that aren't really my cup of tea.

Me too. I've never really cared for plastic pants all that much either. I love plastic backed disposable diapers. I grew up with those, so I'm a huge fan of them. I always loved how they would crinkle with every movement I would make when I was little.

• Like 2

Very much so.  I was not potty trained until i was in kindergarten. So, i remember going to preschool in cloth diapers and plastic pants and getting changed there, and at church in the nursery by my mom, or my caregivers, in the early 70's.  I was a bedwetter until 8, so i wore cloth diapers at night too.   I was medically required to start using diapers around the time i was 43 (Now 56) and have been 24/7 since then.  I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants at night in bed.  

The first adult size panties I ever saw was at Shepherd's in Providence RI in early 1964. They were Kleinert's and made of a soft smooth white plastic. By 1980 that had become a somewhat grainy milky white

Yes I did and still do as a matter of fact, I absolutely love the feel of plastic pants over my cloth diaper. Preferably new plastic pants with a grainy texture in the color white. I love every sensory aspect of it, the looks, the feel, the sound and the smell.