LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone else besides me find it sickening how people take advantage of this fetish for $$$?

Like the diaper spa and the ridiculous amount of money they are charging or these professional mommies charging what they charge. Truthfully it's rather sickening stuff in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with it myself.

I have no idea how much pro mommies or the diaper spa costs but exchanging money for goods and services is how it usually works so I'd expect it to come with a price tag attached.

• Like 5

I understand it's expensive, but I am not sure if saying that they are taking advantage of our fetish is what everyone is doing. It really depends on what they are offering, like if they have the diapers for you to use, furniture that is custom made, food during your stay, plus the salary of the caregiver's and everything else. They're all expensive, especially now. 10 years ago I lived in an apartment that wasn't that great, but it wasn't bad and it was two bedroom, I was paying just under $600 and the water was in the rent, all i paid for was the electric which, with just my wife and two young kids ran about $100 a month, now a couple of weeks ago I lived in a one bedroom apartment, around 520 square feet, and it cost me $715 a month, my utilities which I made to the city and was water, electric and some other stuff I didn't understand, ran me $150 a month on my own. Plus, these people are doing something that is a small market and a lot of people want so that also drives the price up because they don't really have anyone to compete with. And all that doesn't even include all the legal fees they probably have to deal with, both between them and the clients and them and the city or private citizen that want to sue them for just being there.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity I googled the cost of day spa packages locally. The prices ranged from $200 - 750 for a full day. These included full body massages, facials, pedicures, and a haircut. None listed a time element.

Now I have no idea exactly what the Diaper Spa actually offers in services. I doubt they are offering the beauty treatments, but if they offer diaper changes and feedings, and other interaction they prices aren't out of line. Especially since you aren't going to be sharing facilities with random strangers. I think regular spas have multiple customers in the building at the same time.

Still not going to go there.

• Like 1

They charge what the market supports. If people weren;t happy to spend the money they are pricing their services at they would lower it. Clearly people ARE willing to pay for the service.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Out of curiosity I googled the cost of day spa packages locally. The prices ranged from $200 - 750 for a full day. These included full body massages, facials, pedicures, and a haircut. None listed a time element.

Now I have no idea exactly what the Diaper Spa actually offers in services. I doubt they are offering the beauty treatments, but if they offer diaper changes and feedings, and other interaction they prices aren't out of line. Especially since you aren't going to be sharing facilities with random strangers. I think regular spas have multiple customers in the building at the same time.

Still not going to go there.

I look at the prices, and they don't seem unreasonable.  $300 for a spa treatment is about what you would expect.   $1,500 for a night might seem excessive, but it is all-inclusive they'll change your diaper.    I don't think it's that excessive for an all-inclusive 24-hour experience.     I'd rather travel, but they are not charging exorbitant prices.

• Like 2

It's a luxury. Nobody is going to die if they don't go to a professional Domme or a diaper spa. I don't see it as them taking advantage of anything. If people don't like the prices It's simple, don't go. If they were charging high prices for a medicine or essential service that would be different but it's not, it's a luxury.

Personally I'd never spend that money as I'd rather have my Wife or Daddy baby me but for people who don't have a partner they may be willing to pay it and that's their choice. If the market supports high prices for luxuries, which it does, then that's what they cost.

• Like 3
On 2/6/2024 at 3:25 PM, iweardiapers said:

Like the diaper spa and the ridiculous amount of money they are charging or these professional mommies charging what they charge. Truthfully it's rather sickening stuff in my opinion. 

Babyfurs have the same issue. Theres artists who will draw for them but turns out are not abdls and charge a arm an leg but no one else.

16 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Babyfurs have the same issue. Theres artists who will draw for them but turns out are not abdls and charge a arm an leg but no one else.

What would be a fair price?

43 minutes ago, spark said:

What would be a fair price?

40-50 is average price for babyfur art but the non artist want to charge something like $150 on adverage

24 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

40-50 is average price for babyfur art but the non artist want to charge something like $150 on adverage

That makes sense.  I'd say a 200% increase is price gouging.

Often they are drawing something outside of their comfort zone so they charge as a way if compensating for that discomfort. As an artist they don't have to draw what they don't want, they don't owe anyone anything. Again, babyfur art is a luxury, if people don't like the price then don't pay it. I have a hard time classifying the examples as gouging because it implies some form of right to access which isn't how luxuries work.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 2/6/2024 at 6:25 PM, iweardiapers said:

It doesn't bother me at all.  If people want to pay for that, who am I to tell them how they're allowed to spend their money?

We live in a free society.

On 2/7/2024 at 11:30 AM, Elfy said:

They charge what the market supports. If people weren;t happy to spend the money they are pricing their services at they would lower it. Clearly people ARE willing to pay for the service.

You're exactly right.

There's nothing wrong with expecting compensation for services. If my job asked me to work for free, I probably would look for a different one.

• Thanks 1

From what I saw poking around online, it looks like that spa was shut down or will be.

Keep your clothes on in public, dress normally in public, don't draw unsolicited attention (bad publicity is bad), and don't give people reasons to be wary of us. Acceptance is earned, not a right.

14 hours ago, horrorfan said:

From what I saw poking around online, it looks like that spa was shut down or will be.

Keep your clothes on in public, dress normally in public, don't draw unsolicited attention (bad publicity is bad), and don't give people reasons to be wary of us. Acceptance is earned, not a right.

AFAIK, it was in private.   It's a spa, which is private.

Yeah the spa is a case of a private venue being put on blast by moral crusaders. They were trying to make a private space for adults to pay for a specialized wellness service. 

Regarding the price, that actually seems reasonable. Similar prices to higher end day spas in major cities. This is a niche market, I don't think they're price gouging. I'd like to go to a place like that some day, I hope this controversy doesn't scare off other entrepreneurs from trying more low key variants in more open minded areas.

6 hours ago, spark said:

AFAIK, it was in private.   It's a spa, which is private.

They were advertising playing on the front porch and in the yard, walking trails in the adjacent forest, access to a nearby beach, shopping, and trips to that local park as things to do. While inside might have been private, at lot of the activities were not.

i think that the only other place that will change your diapers is a nursing home or a hospital when medically required and they get expensive quick   

10 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Yeah the spa is a case of a private venue being put on blast by moral crusaders. They were trying to make a private space for adults to pay for a specialized wellness service. 

Regarding the price, that actually seems reasonable. Similar prices to higher end day spas in major cities. This is a niche market, I don't think they're price gouging. I'd like to go to a place like that some day, I hope this controversy doesn't scare off other entrepreneurs from trying more low key variants in more open minded areas.

If you think about it, they raise valid concerns which must be addressed before we can gain public acceptance. If we can't do that, then providing and promoting services which cater to us is more of a risk and far less likely to be a reality.

On 3/30/2024 at 5:59 PM, ValentinesStuff said:

They were advertising playing on the front porch and in the yard, walking trails in the adjacent forest, access to a nearby beach, shopping, and trips to that local park as things to do. While inside might have been private, at lot of the activities were not.

In that case, I agree.  If it is visible in public, then it is not private.