LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Green Bean Casserole

DailyDi

If made right, it's OK.  They must be french style green beans, some Wouschasire sauce, cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom and then the Frenches fried onions on top and baked so they are not soggy.  Still, not my favorite. 

I actually like it, depending on how it's made. 😆  Like Rusty Pins said, gotta be french cut grean beans. From a can. With slivers of almonds.  and the Frenches fried onions on top.  I've never tried it with cream of chicken soup. That sounds tasty! But then again, green beans (french cut so they're nice and thin) are one of the few vegetables I'll eat. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

I actually like it, depending on how it's made. 😆  Like Rusty Pins said, gotta be french cut grean beans. From a can. With slivers of almonds.  and the Frenches fried onions on top.  I've never tried it with cream of chicken soup. That sounds tasty! But then again, green beans (french cut so they're nice and thin) are one of the few vegetables I'll eat. 

We have made it with cream of chicken soup for years . I don't like mushrooms , and my son cannot eat them. The taste is really good . I have not tried to add almonds that sounds like a good add.

Never had it, but I'll give it a ride. The only thing that seesm out of place is the soy sauce, which is fine in Chinese. What I will not touch is sweet potato casserole

On 11/20/2023 at 4:37 PM, rusty pins said:

If made right, it's OK.  They must be french style green beans, some Wouschasire sauce, cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom and then the Frenches fried onions on top and baked so they are not soggy.  Still, not my favorite. 

So I'm not saying that I'm fanatical about making it exactly the way I want, or that it mysteriously comes out spicy.

HOWEVER...

French style green beans into a strainer so that they dry off fully. Into the big glass pan. Season them heavily and stir them before doing anything else.

Cream of mushroom soup, and stir. But less than half as much as most people use. You barely want it to coat each bean as you stir it. A puddle of gunk with green beans in it is just shy of a crime.

In the oven at 350. After about ten minutes it'll get a layer of semi crisp on top. You want that, it's got a very strong flavor. Stir the beans to distribute that flavor. This is where you taste it to find out what seasonings to add, you don't get to fix it later.

Repeat stirring the crispy layer on top in until it's all fully bubbling.

Then sprinkle your fried onions on top and bake until the onions are crispy and fun to pick off and eat like chips. You should feel mischievous while stealing them off the tp of your own dish.

Serve.

I genuinely and very strongly dislike the vast majority of green been casseroles because someone just dumped cut green beans into like a half gallon of lackluster soup. Green bean casserole deserves to have a strong flavor, a variety of colors, and a bit of crunch. It should never be disappointment in a pan.

(I get enthusiastic about cooking sometimes. Sorry.)