LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What exact purpose do pull-ups serve?

• 4 weeks later...

I currently use Tnea overnight pullup, with a tena overnight mens pad booster, with a split in the back so it transfers to the pull up slower). Works very well for my needs (occasional full on wetting), and at night I add a second Mens pad, also split. Held up for 3 full wettings overnight.. 

Ordered Northshore's overnight pullup, in pictures it looks more 'underwear' ish than the Tena with the scrunchie mesh waist. will see how those work. Would be nice to not have to use the pad booster to help with cost. 

and as for why I don't just go full diaper? I would, but wife, to put it bluntly, is NOT a fan...

Tnea *Tena* overnight pullup, with a tena overnight mens pad booster, with a split in the back so it transfers to the pull up slower). Works very well for my needs (occasional full on wetting), and at night I add a second Mens pad, also split.

Would love to know if the SAP falls out on you... Photos of how you are splitting it?

I like Abena Pants Level 3 (I know, Depends are in my photo, but they suck, in my experience).  It is not as good as a good tabbed diaper, but it can hold the biggest voids and stays up very nicely.  I do not love multiple voids in a diaper if I am active.  Other than driving or sitting on the couch, I change soon after I wet.  So they work great for my weekdays.  Also, I am DL, not AB, so I could not give a fuck about the prints or colors, I just need something to absorb 30 ounces of piss!

I agree they are terrible for bedwetting.  Even the high end Abenas are good for sleeping if you only have little leaks.  Actual bedwetting is out of the question with pull ups (unless you want the mess).

Diapers are more expensive, less comfortable, cause sweating, and need to be held up after they get wet.  I like both, they just suit me differently in different situations.

Edited by Therapeee
Disclaimer on my brand choice differing from my profile photo, lol

Pullups. more correctly are the pull on diapers for children. Pullups was actualy a brand name for one of the early ones, and people jumped all over it. Pampers I think? It was marketed more as a potty training aid than as a real diaper. There was also the feel and learn pullups, and a couple other things that where ment to help kids understand that they where wet and should have used the potty.  Then came the sleep pants, basicly bigger pullups for kids that had problems bedwetting, so they would not feel ashamed that they had to wear diapers to bed, and to alow them to have sleepovers with other kids. THey where not really ment to be an overnight diaper, rather, something that would be quickly and easily changed when you had an accsident.

Then the adult market got in on it too, mostly playing off the shame of having to wear diapers.  If I am being fair about it, its not a bad idea. its just the exicution of the idea in the adult market has been rather poor. The early pullups had a poor fit, where quite fragile, and the clothlike cover would seep at the first wetting, never mind that they had very low absorbancy. A lot of the bad has to deal with the law, to some extent, there are rules that effect how often people in say an old folks home have to be changed. Why put them in a diaper that can last 8 hours, when they gotta be changed every two hours anyways? The other thing t hat they where marketed for, a lot, was light bladder leakage, dribble, and the like. Not people that would have a full bladder void.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Alyeskabird said:

Pullups. more correctly are the pull on diapers for children. Pullups was actualy a brand name for one of the early ones, and people jumped all over it. Pampers I think? It was marketed more as a potty training aid than as a real diaper. There was also the feel and learn pullups, and a couple other things that where ment to help kids understand that they where wet and should have used the potty.  Then came the sleep pants, basicly bigger pullups for kids that had problems bedwetting, so they would not feel ashamed that they had to wear diapers to bed, and to alow them to have sleepovers with other kids. THey where not really ment to be an overnight diaper, rather, something that would be quickly and easily changed when you had an accsident.

Then the adult market got in on it too, mostly playing off the shame of having to wear diapers.  If I am being fair about it, its not a bad idea. its just the exicution of the idea in the adult market has been rather poor. The early pullups had a poor fit, where quite fragile, and the clothlike cover would seep at the first wetting, never mind that they had very low absorbancy. A lot of the bad has to deal with the law, to some extent, there are rules that effect how often people in say an old folks home have to be changed. Why put them in a diaper that can last 8 hours, when they gotta be changed every two hours anyways? The other thing t hat they where marketed for, a lot, was light bladder leakage, dribble, and the like. Not people that would have a full bladder void.

And that's why I'll never wear a pull-up because pull-ups imply that I am being potty trained. Being Incontinent and AB, I know I can never be potty trained and pull-ups are a trap into adulthood. Besides, Pull-ups would not last on me and I would leak all over them. It's why I am kept in diapers instead of Pull-ups.

I cannot get diapers to stay up.  I have to make them pretty darn tight, which I do not like tight clothing.  Ya, I can use stretch pants or plastic over them, but those are still tight and hot.

On 12/1/2023 at 8:44 AM, 2sail2 said:

I cannot get diapers to stay up.  I have to make them pretty darn tight, which I do not like tight clothing.  Ya, I can use stretch pants or plastic over them, but those are still tight and hot.

Then you have to do what I do... tape around the waist - front and back - tighten up so that they don't fall off - start one side then pull towards the other side

405470342_7043610022353983_7850811250293865751_n.jpg

406043262_269805475687783_6286321296613359818_n.jpg

• Like 1

Ill keep some pull ups on hand for when i need a change now but i also want to be starting a dry diaper for something soon, the small capacity means im not wasting it with one wetting and the lack of tapes mean im not wasting it if i take it off clean since i can easily set it aside for text time i have a use for one

For a abdl if true adult pullups exist would serve these purposes

-Much higher capacity then store pullups

-Some abdls like myself dont take #2 in them so these are used instead for usage

• Like 1

Funny, thats my user name. But that was from back in the day when I would buy kids pull ups at the store, and options were non-existent. I tried some of the adult specific ones as well, I believe it was Bambino that released some? Anyways, tape diapers are just better and cuter.

I like the Northshore Go Supreme pullups because for me they're the most absorbent pullup that I've tried, they come in black, and pullups are good for when I want to be discrete, protected, and have access to a toilet without needing to undo my diaper all the time. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

I like the Northshore Go Supreme pullups because for me they're the most absorbent pullup that I've tried, they come in black, and pullups are good for when I want to be discrete, protected, and have access to a toilet without needing to undo my diaper all the time. 

These are also good on shorter airplane flights, for the times you just can't wait. I always wear these when traveling.

23 hours ago, Three Rivers said:

These are also good on shorter airplane flights, for the times you just can't wait. I always wear these when traveling.

I have Samples being delivered today

On 12/7/2023 at 5:34 PM, Cute_Kitten said:

Pullups are fine for little leaks, which the wearer would want to stop as soon as possible. AB's DL's prefer to let go of a full bladder, the experience of which, in a decent nappy is amazing, stays warm, comfy  and generally won't cause those cold leaky areas which a  pullup would after the same wee.

Pullups are excellent for pants pooping!

I bought a pack of pullups once, to find that they couldnt manage a full wee. I kept them and tried them for pants pooping when I wasn't going to wet myself (much). Their light and discrete form felt just like wearing and pooping normal underwear and pants, the warmth and bulk was easily accommodated without excessive straining, its feedback wasnt masked by a thick nappy and it was better contained than some underwear could manage. The bonus was that they could manage the sometimes unavoidable small squirts of wee as one tries to have a full and complete pants pooping, allowing more comfortable time to be spent in this naughty situation with dry outer pants and no stains finding their way through, even when sitting down!

Some may say that smell is contained, but we all know that's impossible, it's escape is only delayed and pants will get stinky too. Wearing and pooping pull-ups as disposable underwear makes cleanups much easier,  with only very occasional slightly messy outer clothes in need of additional laundry effort.

Wearing one now from a package I had way back in my closet.  I'll maybe be in it for an hour to an hour and a half before I change into a boosted Betterdry and plastic pants for my annual Christmas shopping.  It's not meant to take the place of a diaper and I am sitting on a washable waterproof chair pad so when I let loose, I don't really care if it leaks this time.

I think that pulls ups are convenient sometimes, for instance if I want to change just before bed but know that I have to get up early the next day and would have to waste a nearly or completely unused diaper before getting in the shower. (Wearing at work is not an option for me unless I actually had to.)

That said my main gripe with them is that the leg guards are very narrow on every brand I've tried and easily lead to skin irritation. I have been unable to find any pulls ups with wide enough leg guards to prevent this from happening. I'm not sure why they are made this way since I can't imagine that being comfortable if you had to wear those on a daily basis. I just keep a pack of them around for occasions like the one mentioned above.