LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What exact purpose do pull-ups serve?

Well pull ups are for people who want to be big boys or girls,  and bedwetters who are not heavy wetters.   Also, that one time a couple of days ago when I was in the hospital when the nurses didn't get to my bed soon enough to take me to the bathroom.

I have not slept in nearly 24 hours so this is the best answer your getting from me he he

• Like 3

I find them useless as well; they're definitely not meant for sleeping in, at least for adults - maybe all the "pajama pants" and "overnight underwear" on the market work for kids and adolescents, but I've never encountered a pull-up that I could sleep in reliably. Perhaps if one has a body of textbook proportions? I need the adjustable fit of a diaper. 

• Like 1

Pullups are for two things,

1) Light incontinence where the user can make it to the toilet most of the time,

2) For people who don't want to admit they need a diaper.

"IT'S NOT A DIAPER, IT'S PROTECTIVE UNDERWEAR....."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i used pull ups as normal underwear for my dribbling and occasional daytime accidents. they can be form fitting so im not self consious about wearing a diaper and i can take them off easily if im changing or actually using the big kid potty. theyre NOT diapers and thats fine. no one ever said they were. for playtime and in little space theyre fun for potty training scenes gone wrong. also theyre mega cute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Pull-ups are for babies that want to try to be big boys and not need diapers anymore. I personally hate Pull-Ups because the kind I wear to bed at night always chief my skin and leave me with a really bad rash. I would much more prefer being in a nice big thick diaper when it comes time for bed and to have all my baby toys with me. Diapers are just so much better then pull ups. They hold more pee-pees, they're more comfortable, they're thicker and so soft and make me feel like a baby. You really can't beat them in my opinion.

• Like 1

Simple answer:  For people who need some light protection if they leak when they sneeze, excersize, laugh too hard or may drip or dribble a little.  They are not diapers by any means.  For adults with weak sphincters or who have occasional leakage, the adult disposable pull on absorbent underwear serves a very good purpose.  They also help with potty training for toddlers (who some people here don't think should be potty trained in the first place).  They allow a child or toddler to be able to pull them up and down to learn to use the toilet.  They can't do that with a tape or pin on diaper and they are still useful to catch an accident during toilet training.

For anyone who is a DL or AB, I doubt they would get much out of them unless they want to still wear something but keep a really low profile when actual diapers may not be practical.  They can be worn discreetly at work or among friends and even handle some light wettings or bladder dribbles.  For those who are big time AB's or DL's, I don't expect you to like them or have much good to say about them as diapers are the only thin you ever want to wear.  Don't knock them just because they are not for you.  Keep with your diapers and let those who choose to wear disposable pull on underwear for their own reasons wear and enjoy them if they so choose to!  Maybe some of the disposable pull on underpant people think it's stupid to go around wearing thick heavy diapers with baby prints on them.

• Like 6

Pull ups are not diapers and shouldn't be used as such.  A diaper...IMO...is designed to contain a complete high volume bladder voiding.  Hopefully it is designed in such a way that it can contain multiple full bladder voiding.  A pull up is for minor bladder leakage at best.  Sure....some of them can contain a full bladder but I've only managed to do that if I pee into it slowly.  They are definitely a 'one and done' type deal.

• Like 2

I believe the sole purpose of pull-ups is to add to the embarrassment many people experience with incontinence. You can always count on them to leak adding to an already embarrassing situation.

I very quickly realized when I started having incontinence issues, you just need to man up and wear a real diaper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wear diapers every night.  I like wearing cloth diapers but Tranquility are my favorite.    I also like depend overnight.  They don't leak. If I don't wet at night, I wear them the next day.  They only come in gray, I wish in white.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
On 10/26/2023 at 3:02 AM, barnburner said:

Anyone who says they are useless are most likely flooding them and blaming the product.

To be fair there are some diapers that can't handle flooding either.  A lot of them are sold at the pharmacy that I work at.

• Like 1

They were invented for clildren prone to little accidents and those who were "too big" for diapers. ADult pull-ups are for ambulatory patients who are slightl IC or who want to be on the safe side. For the first week in the nursing home in '21 I had to be flat on my back and needed assistence to go to the bathroom. So, to be on the safe side, I wore pull-ups. Never had an incident where I needed them but it was good th have them in case the nurse could not make  it in time. They did leave a peculiar smell, though. Now that I am taking water pills in the mornig for swollen ankles, I might want some pull-ups unti noon or so

4 hours ago, Spiderman said:

To be fair there are some diapers that can't handle flooding either.  A lot of them are sold at the pharmacy that I work at.

And those diapers are ALWAYS cheap and flimsy. I HATE diapers like that. In my mind you should be able to flood your diapers 10 times over and still be able to keep your skin dry without any leaks. That's the mark of a good diaper in my opinion. Plus it adds to the feeling of being a baby cuz babies don't know how much they've gone pee-pees in the diapers and they just go whenever. And I bet it feels amazing and liberating to have that level of security and comfort with your diapers.

4 hours ago, Baby Helix said:

And those diapers are ALWAYS cheap and flimsy. I HATE diapers like that. In my mind you should be able to flood your diapers 10 times over and still be able to keep your skin dry without any leaks. That's the mark of a good diaper in my opinion. Plus it adds to the feeling of being a baby cuz babies don't know how much they've gone pee-pees in the diapers and they just go whenever. And I bet it feels amazing and liberating to have that level of security and comfort with your diapers.

They may be cheap, but there still is a market for them thats a step up from pull ups, the average user still isnt flooding them, they might not even be very mobile, they might be confined to bed. I think a main aspect for using taped diapers on a bed confined person is so that a caregiver doesnt need to take off the persons pants/pajama pants all the way.

You say it adds to the feeling of being a baby, the average cheap diaper user doesnt have those same feelings like us.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, barnburner said:

They may be cheap, but there still is a market for them thats a step up from pull ups, the average user still isnt flooding them, they might not even be very mobile, they might be confined to bed. I think a main aspect for using taped diapers on a bed confined person is so that a caregiver doesnt need to take off the persons pants/pajama pants all the way.

You say it adds to the feeling of being a baby, the average cheap diaper user doesnt have those same feelings like us.

That's true. I guess for some people functionality is all that matters to them. But I was just explaining why I personally can't stand cheap medical diapers like that, as I had to wear them when I was a kid and they didn't feel comfortable at all, especially on my skin.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Baby Helix said:

But I was just explaining why I personally can't stand cheap medical diapers like that, as I had to wear them when I was a kid and they didn't feel comfortable at all, especially on my skin.

I am more than sure that many of us on here feel the same about the cheap ones, but, for many of us, they were most likely our firsts.

If I had to, I would buy a cheap pack of Depend or Attends just to fulfill my desire, But I hope it never comes to that ever again.

We are the informed, we have seen the light, that light has a capacity of 9500ml or more, costs more than $3 each and sometimes has pretty colors and cute prints.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, barnburner said:

When I first arried at the nursing home in '21, it was without underwear and that was a no-go so they threw abrief on me, what it adds to the feeling of was being medically institutionalized and they were uncomfortable and did not feel like a diaper. They did not use any kind of medication with it so I guess they did not expect me to use it, which I did not and I could wear the pull-ups, which I ditched after the first week, not needing to be flat on my back anymore, under regular underwear. The whole experience was neither little nor feminine

On 10/25/2023 at 5:10 AM, longislandguy said:

Bought a box on Facebook. Thought they were diapers, but, whatever. Overnights. Wore them to bed with a booster, plastic pants, and a pad underneath. Two days in, woke up with wet sheets both times. What’s the deal??  I guess they just suck??

What brand?

I was DL for many years.... I use Pullups DAILY / diapers on long drives - and with MS now and colon issues they work just fine. NOT intended to take on everything you can throw at it.. these are just as stated.. protective underwear. MS doesnt let me know when I have to go sometimes and these pull ups let me get to a restroom with the appropriate time allowed

• Like 1

I use the over nite pull up for my daytime diaper, so if I leak too much before I get to a safe place to make a diaper change, and that is sometimes on the road when my wife is driving,,,,, I can cover with a baby blanket to make my change into a tape up. It is a little bit hard to change into a pull up in a car...... So that's when I will use a tape up for daytime change...

Pull-up's could be a thing if only companies made a decent one. We used to have a decent one from Incontinenceshop.com in the UK called DryLife pants Maxi, but they got "improved" and now they are terrible like the rest. The all seem to suffer the same two problems:

1. Manufactures want to make them fit a huge range of waste sizes, so you get like a 28' to 44' waste. So if you're a 32' inch waste like me there is just a ridiculous amount of horrible frilly nonsense.

2. The pad ends far too low at the front for men. If you're not stood up when you have an accident, it will pour up over the top.