LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can’t shake the habit of looking for diapers in public

This my first post in many years after being part of this forum. I feel like I am a lot more experienced in life since I first started out.

But I am looking for anyone here to share their thoughts on this. Please refrain from replying if you plan on giving negative advice or having over reactions as this feels like a sensitive topic to me.

So when I am out in public I have a bad habit of looking around at people going past and always seem to do this weird check in my head to see if someone/anyone of all ages is wearing a diaper.

Now before anyone gets excited and calls me dirty or weird, I have 0 sexual reaction to this and my high dose of anti depressants do a fantastic job of killing any sex drive I have ever had. I don’t understand why I do this, but I just do. I don’t know if this something that comes part with being a long time DL or what. But once I do or don’t see someone is wearing one, that’s kinda it, nothing else happens.

But It still concerns me that I’m looking at places that I just shouldn’t be. I have had CBT in counselling for this in the past. I don’t know if this is just a relapse or what.

The thing that makes me most sad and depressed is I was spreading my mothers ashes this week at a seaside resort and I wanted my mind to be focused on this as I loved my mom to bits. Last thing I wanted was for my anxiety to be bad because of worrying about this again.

Maybe it’s because emotions were high or it was because the sheer amount of people around. But either way, id like your thought’s on this. Maybe someone has had a similar experience?

• Like 1

So when I am out in public I have a habit of looking around at people going past and always seem to do this weird check in my head to see if someone/anyone of all ages is wearing a diaper.

I have actually spotted 6 people in 40 some years that did and were obvious diaper layer showing or edges sticking up OR Depends were both and NOISY

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Solomon_Wishes said:

This my first post in many years after being part of this forum. I feel like I am a lot more experienced in life since I first started out.

So when I am out in public I have a bad habit of looking around at people going past and always seem to do this weird check in my head to see if someone/anyone of all ages is wearing a diaper.

Now before anyone gets excited and calls me dirty or weird, I have 0 sexual reaction to this and my high dose of anti depressants do a fantastic job of killing any sex drive I have ever had. I don’t understand why I do this, but I just do. I don’t know if this something that comes part with being a long time DL or what. But once I do or don’t see someone is wearing one, that’s kinda it, nothing else happens.

But It still concerns me that I’m looking at places that I just shouldn’t be. I have had CBT in counselling for this in the past. I don’t know if this is just a relapse or what.

The thing that makes me most sad and depressed is I was spreading my mothers ashes this week at a seaside resort and I wanted my mind to be focused on this as I loved my mom to bits. Last thing I wanted was for my anxiety to be bad because of worrying about this again.

Maybe it’s because emotions were high or it was because the sheer amount of people around. But either way, id like your thought’s on this. Maybe someone has had a similar experience?

Me too: I am always looking at people's butts.  In terms of statistics, it's maybe one or two  a month at a very busy mall on Saturdays.  I found some seniors, mostly women, are obvious.  Most I believe have pull ups on as I can see how they are wide and thick (white pants or lighter colors like blue make them obvious).  Those who are in their 60s often will try to make it not so obvious with darker pants or cover their rears.  The occasional lady will have a larger pad (most recently a lady had tan spandex on and it was practically an advertisement for what not to wear).  Often those are somewhat thick.   There is a news TV show that sometimes has a health segment and shows a senior man with  a walker and he has an obvious bulge in his rear.

I know these sightings are a huge turn on for me (in addition to any photos of similar nature).  Maybe I am  looking for some sort of validation that it is ok and normal as my wife does not support me too much (even though she offers if I need anything at CVS).  I don't have a lot of friends, so I might be looking for some form of friendship and common bond.  

I really felt awful for longest time after my mother had past and then shortly thereafter my dad.  That was pretty much all the family I had that I conversed with weekly.   My mother might have known that I was into pads, but not sure about my dad.  The thing that helps is remembering the memories and all the good times we had.  

Did your mother know?  Do others in your family know?

• Like 1

@Solomon_Wishes

You’re not the only one; I have the same bad habit except my habit has shifted from looking for people in diapers to people with braces, it's starting to annoy me that I keep doing it.

I still have a way to go in breaking the habit, but one solution that I find helps is to simply not look when I see a potential candidate who might wear diapers or braces or whatever.

• Like 2

im guilty of this too hahah the worst for me is if someone clearly already has a big butt and then their pants/shorts look odd too. i get like lost in my head being like "well depends pull ups dont really poof like that....but megamax does have that definition like old baby diapers..." and then i snap out of it realizing ive been staring at a strangers butt for like 5 minutes hahah

• Like 2

I think that this is a normal situation for those of us who hang out here. Consider a couple of related examples.
1. My late wife worked in the drapery department at Sears Roebuck for a while. We were visiting someone's house and I noticed her feeling the drapes in their living room. I didn't say anything then but razzed her a bit on the way home.

2. You buy a new car...say a Mazda 3, and now when you drive you really notice how many Mazda 3's there are.

I think it's a normal reaction for people to look for a common interest.

• Like 3

Youre not the only one I also do it and since I got hearing aids I also started looking at peoples ear to see who else wears them I think it is totally natural for us to do it so not to feel out that  we are the only ones that wear or need them,seeing others justifies our own wearing to us.

Impulses are hard to navigate, especially ones built up over time. When it comes to habits, I've found you can't really "remove" them, but you can replace them. For example, I had an impulse to check my DeviantArt and Tumblr pages first thing every morning, and now I do yoga and that has squashed the "need" to check on them. If you're out in public and can feel the "need" to check for nappy wearing, try replacing it with noticing something else. It could be anything: what's on the shelves, the sound of people chatting, the colour of the walls. It may help to swerve the impulse to check for nappy wearing by focusing on checking something else.

• Like 2
On 8/20/2023 at 10:31 AM, vvp39 said:

I think that this is a normal situation for those of us who hang out here. Consider a couple of related examples.
1. My late wife worked in the drapery department at Sears Roebuck for a while. We were visiting someone's house and I noticed her feeling the drapes in their living room. I didn't say anything then but razzed her a bit on the way home.

2. You buy a new car...say a Mazda 3, and now when you drive you really notice how many Mazda 3's there are.

I think it's a normal reaction for people to look for a common interest.

I do not have that problem at all. What they show in diaper departments over the last 30 years is of zero interest to me. It might as well be bras or dog supplies

2 hours ago, oliver d said:

Youre not the only one I also do it and since I got hearing aids I also started looking at peoples ear to see who else wears them I think it is totally natural for us to do it so not to feel out that  we are the only ones that wear or need them, seeing others justifies our own wearing to us.

Yeap.. my hearing aids pickup rustling clothes to.. that's the Depends one I mentioned

I look for diapers as well. And the listen, but a lot less of that if late with the cloth backed diapers. Heck, people have allways been doing that, I have known women that could tell you after a few momants how many men in a room where wearing a wedding band.

Far as I can figure, it does not reach creepy, unless you are really stareing, or spending a good amount of time with your gaze focused on someone's crotch or, well anything to be honest. Its a little weird as there is no real standard, and a lot is based on what people think they see.

Actualy had some crazy lady call the cops on me cause she thought I was looking at her. Basicly, I was sitting there thinking about something, paying no mind, and not really paying attention to what was infront of my eyes. This lady walks past and stops infront of me, and as I was not paying attention to her,  she called the cops and claimed I was watching her.

Ended up, she got  told if she kept accusing people of crimes they did not commit, she would be charged for it. Seems like she did stuff like that a lot.

Goodness, that was a long time ago. 

I live in a smaller city with a lot of people my age and 10 years older. I see a lot of both men and women I know they are wearing diapers, I don't usually hear them, ( I have a constant ringing in my ears 👂, ) But I can spot a diapered but, it's interesting that when you are diapered , or say you have a certain car etc, you seam to notice it more. I think 🤔 I was kinda wanting to see how much a pull-up was noticed, but now I am looking all the time. It's normal to see young kids and babies that kinda goes without saying. But here it's mostly elderly that I see. I will sometimes tell my wife that Person is diapered .

I do notice the diapered butt, because they and I don't have a crack in the middle like a non diapered person. But I do get to see what others are seeing behind me LOL

• Like 1

I don't make it a point to look, but a few years ago I spotted a likely wearer on the train. It was packed full and they were standing directly in front of where I was sitting. The apparent diaper bulge was very noticeable. Only other diaper wearers notice these things. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Babygeebee said:

I don't make it a point to look, but a few years ago I spotted a likely wearer on the train. It was packed full and they were standing directly in front of where I was sitting. The apparent diaper bulge was very noticeable. Only other diaper wearers notice these things. 

I have a friend that for a short while we were at a couple different churches together, and we sat behind them for awhile but one day they decided to sit in front rather than behind us, and I had noticed he was wearing diapers so I had the thought maybe he was self conscious about it?? I never said anything because that's how we do with friends, if they want us to know they will tell us.

• Like 1

From a pschycological perspective...

We, as humans have animalistic instincts always checking out others in how they look, how they dress, and how they act. It is part of a concept of group / part of a team. Humans are not solitary creatures and need the company of others even strangers. We seek to be accepted for us, and for us AB/DLs seeking if another is wearing a diaper, it is not sexual or amorous, but more of confirmation of ourselves that others also wear.

Possibile Problems

This same animalistic instincts get us into trouble sometime where we attempt to become the leader of the pack by identifying anothers weakness etc because us doing same is attempting to hide / disquise our very own weakness.

It is natural to compare your clothes / acting / behaviour to another. Due to the fact that you wear diapers, you also compare your diaper to others where you notice the subtle signs of the other wearing diapers. This can extend to comparing your diaper to that of a child / baby - and growing envious of the care / attention that the child / baby is getting from its career - and for some, it makes them stronger in their goal to find a 'maternal / paternal' figure. For others, it reminds them of how lonely they are. The difference is in your choice. You can either be an optimist and gain strength, or a pesimist and throw your strength away.

The Elephant in the Room

This behaviour of admiring others that wear diapers be it adults or children, and maybe getting aroused, does not make us peodofiles as we have the free choice to admire and not touch / interfere. Peodofilia is all about crossing bounderies not specifically about the people involved. The terms rape and peodofillia is interchangable but the difference is about age of consent with the victim. Admiring from afar and/or wishing one to be in the position of the baby / child / diaper wearer is natural and NOT crossing any boundaries.  

Epilogue

Simply, the OPs behaviour is natural, and not to be shunned, and I respect the OP for having the courage to post here about this.

I do the same thing when I go to thrift stores and other random stores it's like safari hunting in a way because once in awhile you might find something from the old days because nowadays they're not made the same as far as commercial available grocery store disposable diapers. When you do find that good all elusive like plastic backed '90s attends it's almost like finding a double stamped date coin in circulation it happens but not a lot. 

I feel like when I share something or tell someone of a store where I saw something good everyone goes and snatches everything up it kind of pisses me off,

Laughing my ass off..

It's like finding a good deal at a garage sale and there's lots of disposable diapers and random medical supplies there and you tell your friends about it they go there and buy it all up before you can get back there

I found I guess some secrets are worth keeping lol🙂

pyrotechnicshobbiest 

I'm always looking for evidence of people wearing diapers too.  Looking at people's butts and groins for diaper bulge. 

Sometimes, I get diaper vibes around people,  like they wear diapers even when there isn't any evidence of them being in a diaper. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Sometimes, I get diaper vibes around people,  like they wear diapers even when there isn't any evidence of them being in a diaper. 

I know what you mean. You just know. I guess you could call it DIAPAR. 😊

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spanky said:

I'm always looking for evidence of people wearing diapers too.  Looking at people's butts and groins for diaper bulge. 

3 hours ago, Babygeebee said:

I know what you mean. You just know. I guess you could call it DIAPAR. 😊

Yeah, as humans we are transceivers. We emit and receive electromagnetic energy that contains information. The type of information/energy that we are tuned into comes in clearer. 

I'm not highly psychic but I've seen enough of the abilities in certain others to believe that we have great potential when it comes to psychic intuition. And that brings me back to the original topic. If you could read the thoughts of others so acutely that you could determine what kind of underwear they are wearing and why, do you have a responsibility to tune it out?

There are certainly those of us who have sought professional help for gazing at others and trying to see if they are wearing a diaper (I know because I'm one of them). And intention is a significant variable (sexual or non-sexual, just relating to others, etc).

So psychic awareness is another level to this that can be discussed. From my experience, I know that energetic vampirism should be avoided. This can be achieved by noticing it and bringing conscious awareness to it  (https://youtu.be/CaH0GGwJhwE?si=qBHaXOoqOTiJc-1L).

Other than that isn't it just up to your personal moral compass? For me, I feel like there is a reasonable expectation of privacy when it comes to certain aspects of our clothing and sexuality. But just because I think that doesn't make it so. To the pure, all things are pure.

• 1 month later...

I rarely if at all have ever really spotted anyone say older wearing a diaper in public. I do remember a customer doing electrical for was elderly and I could hear his crinkly diaper but it wasnt overly obvious visual wise. Also walking in a crowd down in Coney Island a few summers ago spotted a teen girl in front of me . I could see the diaper waist band showing abover her jeans and it wasnt too discreet either . Her shirt was short and could see her bare waist . So it seemed she didnt mind the diaper showing.