LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Services

9 minutes ago, DailyDiapers said:

Would you be more willing to embrace cloth diapering if diaper laundering services were still common?

Wouldn't change a thing (pardon the pun)

The look and feel of disposables IS what makes me a DL and cloth diapers just aren't the same and don't do anything for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, yes, it would make a serious diference in my choices. To be honest, would probably use disposables when out and about, just cause its a little easyer planing and working around with such, but cloth would be much more likely to be used if I was not having to wash my own. I know there used to be a service in the chicago area that did adult cloth diapers, but, they closed down allmost 20 years ago I think, and, sadly, with the love perents have for disposable everything currently, its not really something that is profitable in the US to run anymore.

No

6 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Wouldn't change a thing (pardon the pun)

The look and feel of disposables IS what makes me a DL and cloth diapers just aren't the same and don't do anything for me.

I fully agree with you Ashy!♥️😊 Cloth diapers just don't do it for me.

• Like 1

To be honest if I were to have it my way I wouldn’t wear anything else but cloth diapers and plastic pants. I really, really like the authentic look and the way they feel. It is just that changing cloth diapers while being at work or out and about is so much harder to do. Disposable diapers are much more convenient under those circumstances. So I switch back and forth between cloth and disposables. This said, as soon as I have the chance to change into cloth I most certainly will. I do not mind washing them it is part of the routine and I only use my diapers for number 1

• Like 2

No.  It's easier for me to wash my own.  I'd be supportive of such services being there though, if it encourages more people to change to cloth.  As an AB I don't care what nappies I'm in as long as they work properly.  As a part-time adult I feel I need to do my part for the environment and reduce landfill and plastic pollution as much as practical.

I can wash my own cloth.

What we lack is physical stores.
I have bought some cloth diapers, and not happy with the fit, so I have pretty much given up on cloth.  (Those all-in-one types)
I have ordered training pants, and will try that whenever they come. 

Disposable is just so much better in everything, except cost over time. 

Hiii!

I dunno, I think maybe yes? I use and love my crinklz but I do have a minimal urge to use cloth. My hold back is you can't clean the washer area between the drum and outer shell without a major disassembly, and you do get buildup in there even under normal use. So as they say on shark tank I'm out.

🧜‍♂️

There is also the matter of privacy. That was not an issue with baby diapers because cloth was the going thing and all babies were in that. I do not think there were adult diaper services or if they were, it was on the QT for medical reasons and under medical supervision. Even then, there was probably some internal gossip among employess. The medical use businesses were problably a branch of the baby diapers service companies since they would be able to command the resources. ABDL's, for the most part, want it private and once you get an outsicer involved, there is a chance that your business is in the street, unless everone involved is ABDL and there is still the general distaste for some not "of the body [personal level of intimacy] involved with your underwear. What would happen if a blackmailer penetrates that business? And if you have a washer and dryer, why pay the extra money and go through the extra work and inconvenience?. Also, you get the diapers and accessories you get at the price and availability. If someone were willing to produce the BabyDoll on a large scale, I wonder if there would be good money in it, Each diaper would be 4 layers with no soaker or the like. It was not a baby diaper, The original was a long-term use bedwetter diaper, the original was made for use from age 5 to 9

• Like 2

It's an interesting question. In theory, I love the idea of fresh diapers being delivered on a weekly basis, and maybe if the laundering process wasn't so arduous, I'd wear cloth diapers more often. But at the same time, if I subscribed to a service, I'd have to make sure I wore them often enough to make it worth while; I'd imagine they charge by the visit and not by the pound or by the diaper, so if, during a particular week, I had a lot of running around to do and wore primarily disposables, I could see my wife blowing a gasket when we paid $75 (or whatever) to have 3 cloth diapers picked up and exchanged. Maybe if I adapted my wardrobe to allow for 24/7 cloth diaper wearing, it would make more sense. 

However, I grew up primarily in disposables, so, convenience aside, I'd probably still want both options at hand, which might negate any savings one could realize via going 100% reusable. They have just banned single-use plastics up here in the frozen North, however - straws, cutlery, takeout containers, shopping bags. I suppose at some point they could come for our disposables, in which case I guess I'd be stocking up on pins and plastic pants and considering a diaper service... hopefully the vans are a little more subtle than the one in the picture. 

The ecological benefits of cloth diapers are highly debatable - a heavy cotton diaper requires thousands of gallons of fresh water to cultivate and manufacture, and then once they're in service, cleaning and drying them takes energy, water, and chemicals. Some estimates require an individual diaper to be used hundreds of times before it "breaks even." Drying them in the sun probably results in the lowest carbon footprint, but there are vast swaths of humanity who live in climates where drying a diaper outdoors is impractical for three quarters of the year or more. If your power system relies on coal or oil or natural gas, the carbon footprint of your cloth diapers might remain larger than using disposables. 

• Like 2

Firstly, I just wish there were "mainstream" adult cloth products available (as opposed to ABDL-specific garments) that worked, or at least worked practically.  I accept that my kite-folded 60" terries are bullet-proof but they're not exactly "daily driver" kind of garments.

The medical resuable adult nappies  I've found to date usually suffer from some combination of ludicrous expense, low absorbency, fragile product-integrated waterproof layers, even-more-fragile velco and drying challenges (to some extent, even many ABDL products suffer from these shortcomings but less so).

Even with all of that, the next challenge is that a laundry service (as convenient as it would be) would advertise my nappy-status to the entire street.

I wouldn't call myself a greenie but I do have some concerns at the amount of landfill I'm creating.  I try to use cloth for a couple of days per week (weekends) but the logistics of using cloth through a working week are just overwhelming to me.

I can see a future where some Governments may intervene in some way to inhibit the use of disposable products anyway.

17 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

The ecological benefits of cloth diapers are highly debatable -

Single-use plastic going straight to landfill is pretty bad at a range of environmental levels though.

25 minutes ago, oznl said:

Firstly, I just wish there were "mainstream" adult cloth products available (as opposed to ABDL-specific garments) that worked, or at least worked practically.  I accept that my kite-folded 60" terries are bullet-proof but they're not exactly "daily driver" kind of garments.

The medical resuable adult nappies  I've found to date usually suffer from some combination of ludicrous expense, low absorbency, fragile product-integrated waterproof layers, even-more-fragile velco and drying challenges (to some extent, even many ABDL products suffer from these shortcomings but less so).

Even with all of that, the next challenge is that a laundry service (as convenient as it would be) would advertise my nappy-status to the entire street.

I wouldn't call myself a greenie but I do have some concerns at the amount of landfill I'm creating.  I try to use cloth for a couple of days per week (weekends) but the logistics of using cloth through a working week are just overwhelming to me.

I can see a future where some Governments may intervene in some way to inhibit the use of disposable products anyway.

Single-use plastic going straight to landfill is pretty bad at a range of environmental levels though.

https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/Adult-Flat-Diapers-Gauze-Purity?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw8symBhAqEiwAaTA__P2q120LejKRNf7vB7quaaHmEpsyEmT1o2DQdHdXL6A2RoZD6DSKbBoC9oMQAvD_BwE

Not sure where you are, but these are simple layers, 2 or 4, of cotton. 

BTW there are cities out there that are now banning those cheap thin grocery bags. Those same bags that replaced the heavily reused paper grocery bags.

1 hour ago, ValentinesStuff said:

BTW there are cities out there that are now banning those cheap thin grocery bags. Those same bags that replaced the heavily reused paper grocery bags.

Another example of eco-paranoia at it's best. The "Sargasso Sea"s of plastic waste that we see, which are real, have zippo to do with the Western nations. They originate in Africa and Asia. Many persons use those plastic bags for trash. The problem is that they are thin and mostly, too small. If they were thicker and held more, they would be re-used like the heavy paper bags we used to have; and they would be better. There is nothing magic, good or evil, about paper and plastic. Paper bags used to come in different sizes, up to 4. If they did the same with plastic bags that would go a long way to making things better

On 8/9/2023 at 5:57 PM, ValentinesStuff said:

Yep.  Nice.  The challenge is that they aren't available locally and the shipping charges from North America to Australia are insane.  My last Babykins order, I think I spent about as much on postage as I did on product.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:57 PM, ValentinesStuff said:

They're already long gone down here as are plastic drinking straws and single-use plastic food containers.

I'd have loved to have had a diaper service.   Back when I was younger and couldn't commit to one, there were even two in my town.    Now they are gone most places in the country, but there are a few places they still exist.

Right after I got laid off, I switched to cloth diapers.   I had a bunch already and a lot of time on my hands to do laundry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that there is a diaper service nearby that would probably deliver to my house. My concern is the nosey neighbors who would want to know why we are getting a diaper service when our kids are grown.

There is a word that sounds like it comes from ancient Egyptian: "myob". Or just hand them a line, or see if the company delivers discreetly, which, if they service adult diapers, I think they would