LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Flushing money down the drain

$210 for a plumber to replace a $20 fill valve because I can't bend over long enough to do it myself. At least it's fixed, so one less thing on my mind. Now it's just rearranging the budget to pay for it, and the monster water bill that's coming from while it was broken.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Some cities will give you a credit for plumbing leaks if you show them the invoice. I've done it a couple of times in different cities I've lived in.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

$210 for a plumber to replace a $20 fill valve because I can't bend over long enough to do it myself. At least it's fixed, so one less thing on my mind. Now it's just rearranging the budget to pay for it, and the monster water bill that's coming from while it was broken.

I do repairs all by myself since I am a handyman that I can work on anything, even my own car.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, msjy said:

I do repairs all by myself since I am a handyman that I can work on anything, even my own car.

I try to do as much as I can for any repairs, but it appears you are 32 years old and per your picture, you look to be in good shape.  When you get old like me it gets harder ad harder to walk or bend down.  I can't do nearly the things around the house and on my car as I did 30 years ago.  Both Mikey and I have bad backs, and I have bad knees and ankles.  I'm sure Mikey and I both wish we had your youth, body and stamina!  (Oh, and your stash of diapers too!)

• Like 1

I hope the water company can cut you a break or at the very least offer you a pay-over-time/ break it down into smaller payments option. I also wish there were more resources available to help those that need it. :(   Do-It-Yourself is always great if that's an option- both the physical ability and the knowledge, skills, tools etc to do it. But not everyone has that option due to disabilities etc. 

• Like 1

Dang! If I was there I would totally do the job for you as long as we can have a beer after! 🙂 I had to replace one in my home earlier this year. It was my first time ever doing that job. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 3:20 PM, rusty pins said:

I try to do as much as I can for any repairs, but it appears you are 32 years old and per your picture, you look to be in good shape.  When you get old like me it gets harder ad harder to walk or bend down.  I can't do nearly the things around the house and on my car as I did 30 years ago.  Both Mikey and I have bad backs, and I have bad knees and ankles.  I'm sure Mikey and I both wish we had your youth, body and stamina!  (Oh, and your stash of diapers too!)

In my case, it's my eyes.  I can't see the stuff that I need to work, which makes it way too hard.   My days of doing things like that by myself are over.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2023 at 4:36 PM, tuffy said:

Some cities will give you a credit for plumbing leaks if you show them the invoice. I've done it a couple of times in different cities I've lived in.

I have been offered such a credit. Don't know if it will be partial or complete, but I sent in my bill and am awaiting a response.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

Water bill is in, $708.97!

1 hour ago, Crinklz Kat said:

That's staggering!  That's nearly twice what I pay for an entire year!

39 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Same here.

Maybe he uses the toilet a lot more than you.  Then again, maybe not :02_EmoticonsHDcom:

On 7/31/2023 at 5:19 PM, DailyDiapers said:

6 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

That's staggering!  That's nearly twice what I pay for an entire year!

5 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Same here.

Unfortunately, for me that's only about 7 month's worth of the city's water bill...  It's not due to the water usage....  Most of the bill goes towards the newer sewer treatment plant(s) that the government funded mainly through charges against water bills.

8 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

I have been offered such a credit. Don't know if it will be partial or complete, but I sent in my bill and am awaiting a response.

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞

18 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

@DailyDiapers

usually if you have some unforeseen circumstance where your water bill goes crazy or something is wrong and it's leaking, there can be exceptions so that you don't end up paying the entire bill on your own. When we had our flooding in July on July 11th, that ended up causing a lot of water to come into town because of rain storms and it just overwhelmed our drain systems causing a law of flooding all over the city and all over the state. I remember hearing that the city manager where I live, told people that he was willing to abate water bills if they show that most of the usage was due to things that are out of their control, such as leaking pipes or something like that, because sometimes people use water, and their normal usage is a 10th of what normally would probably be released in an emergency situation. The city has agreed to abate water bills when that is the case and they know that somebody's water consumption is outrageously high, because they also know that there are people out here that cannot afford high water bills. That is why when you have a leaking something, and you can prove that leaking something is the cause of your water bill being so high, usually they're willing to work with you. I hope that they are able to help you, and they are able to abate the $700 water bill, so that it isn't outrageous, or maybe what they will do is they'll charge you your normal water bill rate whatever it is for your water usage. When you have a leaking piece of equipment and you're not sure of what it is, sometimes what happens is exactly what happened to you and the water just keeps running, and you're not sure why it's running, or maybe you know what it is but you're in able to fix it. So hopefully they'll be able to abate most of that bill and they'll give you one heck of a discount, I know how it is just like you do when you live on a fixed income and you have to take care of things.

Good luck Mike!

Brian

On 7/31/2023 at 8:19 PM, DailyDiapers said:

Oh, I thought you meant public water. You are using Canadian Spring bottled water, right? 

Man! I am so freaking sorry! Uhg! 

I mean, running water like that? You have a porcelain fire hydrant?