LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going to be talking to my doctor about wanting to be incontinent. Any tips?

So I'm going to be talking to my doctor about wanting to be incontinent. I've been wearing diapers for a long time when I can afford them. And that's also something I'm going to bring up. I'm also looking for some ways that I can get diapers so I can wear them for a whole month without it costing me like $400 to $700. Which I cannot afford on government benefits. Does anyone have any tips or advice or anything? I talked to my therapist and I'm probably going to talk to her again about it. There was a bit of a misunderstanding she thought I wanted to quit wearing diapers. So yeah just wondering if anyone has any advice?

2 hours ago, mewtwo said:

So I'm going to be talking to my doctor about wanting to be incontinent. I've been wearing diapers for a long time when I can afford them. And that's also something I'm going to bring up. I'm also looking for some ways that I can get diapers so I can wear them for a whole month without it costing me like $400 to $700. Which I cannot afford on government benefits. Does anyone have any tips or advice or anything? I talked to my therapist and I'm probably going to talk to her again about it. There was a bit of a misunderstanding she thought I wanted to quit wearing diapers. So yeah just wondering if anyone has any advice?

You cannot make yourself incontinent.  What are u going to do if it is 115degrees outside and losing control is a slow progress like most of us.

25 minutes ago, msjy said:

You cannot make yourself incontinent

I would beg to differ.  It’s not easy but it is possible.  It took me five years and I spent thousands on private hypnosis, and it’s been  an uphill battle.  Bladder control is a highly involved process, with layers upon layers of redundancy.  But it IS possible. 

That said, @mewtwo it’s a long shot for you to get diapers covered. Usually it’s a struggle just to get cheapo hospital grade pull-ups covered. Not only do you need to prove you need to wear diapers, but you also have to show why pull-ups are not sufficient, in favor of tape diapers. And even then, you’re not done. Even if insurance covers tape diapers the chances are slim to none that they will only cover generic low quality tape diapers with poor odor protection and no leak guards. So you not only have to make the case that you need tape diapers, you also need to make the case you need high quality tape diapers.  As with everything it’s not impossible, but expect it to not be easy. 

• Thanks 2

Yes. DON'T!  unless you want to be referred for psychological counselling and evaluation or trying to run an insurance scam or both. I see at least two red flags. Once you get involved in that kind of stuff, your life is not your own for a long time, not to mention that it could bring DD under some kind of scrutiny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

I would beg to differ.  It’s not easy but it is possible.  It took me five years and I spent thousands on private hypnosis, and it’s been  an uphill battle.  Bladder control is a highly involved process, with layers upon layers of redundancy.  But it IS possible. 

That said, @mewtwo it’s a long shot for you to get diapers covered. Usually it’s a struggle just to get cheapo hospital grade pull-ups covered. Not only do you need to prove you need to wear diapers, but you also have to show why pull-ups are not sufficient, in favor of tape diapers. And even then, you’re not done. Even if insurance covers tape diapers the chances are slim to none that they will only cover generic low quality tape diapers with poor odor protection and no leak guards. So you not only have to make the case that you need tape diapers, you also need to make the case you need high quality tape diapers.  As with everything it’s not impossible, but expect it to not be easy. 

I have a friend who got insurance to cover crinklz.

19 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Yes. DON'T!  unless you want to be referred for psychological counselling and evaluation or trying to run an insurance scam or both. I see at least two red flags

I wonder why you think a doctor would think that? Not that it's any of your business but I do have plenty of documentation on health issues of the mental kind. And at the moment I'm looking at getting a psychological evaluation to see if I qualify for certain services. And I wouldn't mind talking to a psychologist about this. But of course you wouldn't be telling me this if you didn't already have a doctorate in Psychology and understanding of the medical field in the United States.

56 minutes ago, msjy said:

You cannot make yourself incontinent.  What are u going to do if it is 115degrees outside and losing control is a slow progress like most of us.

not really sure what loosinb control is a slow process and the weather have to do in common. But I'm not outside in 115 degree weather anyways. It's called getting an Uber or at most waiting 5 minutes for a bus.

Not a Doctorate. I havd discussed my Abnormal Psych class and as recent as yesterday, about going to college

You made it my busienss when you posted the topic for all to see and asked for comments

Doctors have a strict code of ethics. If you talk about anything that has the slightest chance of you doing anything that may harm yourself physically, a conscientious physician would be all over that. Talking about "making" yourself incontinent could be taken to infer that you might try something physically harmful, and since telepathy does not exist, a doctor would want to be sure that you do not do  that kind of thing. Also you would, if successful incur medical expenses. If that were done frivolously, that could lead to to problems in medical ethics. There are such questions as What if you got your wish and did not like it? or the fact that money is tight in the system and you might be taking  from those who have real involuntary needs. That is just two things I can think of and I am not an insider so I do not know the ins and outs, of which I am sure there are many. One of my eye doctors has discussed with me about peorsons who try to destroy much of their eyesight so they can go on the dole and not have to work. I can tell you, they are in for severaly nasty surprises. The first of which is what it as like foing from fully sighted to very low vision (which I have been all my life). Just wait until they lose their driver's license

I have wanted DD to have a resident medical docto and mental health professional for many years. Tommy at DPF had persons he could turn to for advice on such things

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mewtwo said:

I wouldn't talk to a phsyician or medical professional until you have a note from your therapist about it and getting the go ahead there. Others have talked to professional. I don't know of anyone who has actually succeeded in getting anything done.

• Like 1

If you don't currently have an issue with continence I'm not sure what you can expect a doctor to do. I'm not being negative against the whole concept of desiring incontinence (as it's a rule not to do so!) but I'm talking practically, I'm not sure what he can be expected to do. He isn't going to "make" you incontinent, he isn't going to refer you to a surgeon or someone who can do that either. The Hippocratic Oath prevents doctors from damaging bodies for what is, for all intents and purposes, no reason. That isn't to say I don't thnik there isn't some sketchy place soewhere that would do that sort of thing but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

If you are having problems affording diapers already I don't know how that would be helped by wearing full time. I suppose you could get a prescription for the diapers but you aren't going to be getting good ones and from seeing other's experiences on here they don't always last long enough. If you did want to wear all the time without the cost you could try cloth diapers, I suppose.

But the most prominent point in my mind is just what you expect the doctor to do with the information that you want to be incontinent?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, DAQ said:

I wouldn't talk to a phsyician or medical professional until you have a note from your therapist about it and getting the go ahead there. Others have talked to professional. I don't know of anyone who has actually succeeded in getting anything done.

@DAQ I did it back in 2008 it is possible but they give the worst diapers going.  So not recommended.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Elfy said:

If you don't currently have an issue with continence I'm not sure what you can expect a doctor to do. I'm not being negative against the whole concept of desiring incontinence (as it's a rule not to do so!) but I'm talking practically, I'm not sure what he can be expected to do. He isn't going to "make" you incontinent, he isn't going to refer you to a surgeon or someone who can do that either. The Hippocratic Oath prevents doctors from damaging bodies for what is, for all intents and purposes, no reason. That isn't to say I don't thnik there isn't some sketchy place soewhere that would do that sort of thing but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

If you are having problems affording diapers already I don't know how that would be helped by wearing full time. I suppose you could get a prescription for the diapers but you aren't going to be getting good ones and from seeing other's experiences on here they don't always last long enough. If you did want to wear all the time without the cost you could try cloth diapers, I suppose.

But the most prominent point in my mind is just what you expect the doctor to do with the information that you want to be incontinent?

25 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@DAQ I did it back in 2008 it is possible but they give the worst diapers going.  So not recommended.

did you both miss the part where I said my friend gets crinkles on insurance? The exact same insurance I get. State issued insurance. Not saying I would get prescribed diapers but he is able to get crinkles.

1 hour ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Not a Doctorate. I havd discussed my Abnormal Psych class and as recent as yesterday, about going to college

You made it my busienss when you posted the topic for all to see and asked for comments

Doctors have a strict code of ethics. If you talk about anything that has the slightest chance of you doing anything that may harm yourself physically, a conscientious physician would be all over that. Talking about "making" yourself incontinent could be taken to infer that you might try something physically harmful, and since telepathy does not exist, a doctor would want to be sure that you do not do  that kind of thing. Also you would, if successful incur medical expenses. If that were done frivolously, that could lead to to problems in medical ethics. There are such questions as What if you got your wish and did not like it? or the fact that money is tight in the system and you might be taking  from those who have real involuntary needs. That is just two things I can think of and I am not an insider so I do not know the ins and outs, of which I am sure there are many. One of my eye doctors has discussed with me about peorsons who try to destroy much of their eyesight so they can go on the dole and not have to work. I can tell you, they are in for severaly nasty surprises. The first of which is what it as like foing from fully sighted to very low vision (which I have been all my life). Just wait until they lose their driver's license

I have wanted DD to have a resident medical docto and mental health professional for many years. Tommy at DPF had persons he could turn to for advice on such things

well I am a long ways off from surgery. Not even sure if that's really what I even want. maybe just being able to wear diapers 24/7 would be enough for me. Also thanks for the tip I will tell the doctor I do not intend to cause myself any harm. And I'm not going to do anything like perform surgery or anything on myself. It's interesting you mentioned wanting daily diapers to have a medical doctor and mental health professional. Not sure how it's done over there where you live but in America they wouldn't be able to really do much. in America a doctor couldn't prescribe anything or really tell you anything more than go and talk to your regular doctor if they were on a forum. And even then that might be too much.

You can wear diapers all the time if you want to anyway

Given the rather exotic nature of what you have said so far, I do not know if the doctor would just let it go. As I said telepathy does not exist so he or she may decide it is better to be safe than sorry under such exotic condition

At any rate, my advice to not bring up wanting to make yourself incontinent (your worlds, not mine) is to avoid opening a can of worms in which you could find yourslef trapped for some time to your chagrin, finally saying "How did I get in this mess", hence "a closed mouth gathers no foot". In the end, what you do is your business and taking the consequences is also your business. Nothing will happen to me from you doing so. You did solicit comments.

Given the exotic nature of such a request may tell a doctor "all bets are off with this one". Even if you say you are not thinking of surgery, telepathy does not exist and who knows what you will be thinking tomorrow? I witnessed a situation where a friend of mine who ran a music store got hold of a written item by a customer that said that a new nation and society in keeping with his beliefs would come about as a result of violence, of which he apporved. He did not say if he would participate in it or instigate it. My friend was in a quandry over what to do. It was scary, well, nothing happened but it looked pretty dicey. A doctor is charged with seeing to the health of the patient and he o she has probably been made aware of some pretty bizarre things, either through reports or direct experience. Not knowing what is in store, I would not tempt fate

1 hour ago, mewtwo said:

did you both miss the part where I said my friend gets crinkles on insurance? The exact same insurance I get. State issued insurance. Not saying I would get prescribed diapers but he is able to get crinkles.

well I am a long ways off from surgery. Not even sure if that's really what I even want. maybe just being able to wear diapers 24/7 would be enough for me. Also thanks for the tip I will tell the doctor I do not intend to cause myself any harm. And I'm not going to do anything like perform surgery or anything on myself. It's interesting you mentioned wanting daily diapers to have a medical doctor and mental health professional. Not sure how it's done over there where you live but in America they wouldn't be able to really do much. in America a doctor couldn't prescribe anything or really tell you anything more than go and talk to your regular doctor if they were on a forum. And even then that might be too much.

No need to be rude. I assumed from your post that you were looking to get some sort of procedure or surgery to make yourself incontinent.

Personally if you want to have something physically done to yourself. More power to you. But to dip into government assistance in my opinion is crossing a line. You can either afford it, or you can't

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, DAQ said:

No need to be rude. I assumed from your post that you were looking to get some sort of procedure or surgery to make yourself incontinent.

Personally if you want to have something physically done to yourself. More power to you. But to dip into government assistance in my opinion is crossing a line. You can either afford it, or you can't

Okay so let's say I talked to a therapist and they agree that diapers would help my mental conditions whatever that is. Why shouldn't the insurance I'm already on be able to pay for them? I just don't really see a difference between this and something else that I need like eyeglasses just in a little different fashion. I mean I might not physically need diapers but maybe mentally I do. At least that's kind of what I'm getting at. And it's still the same I mean to be completely honest I highly doubt anything is going to come of this. But I don't know I don't see any harm in asking.

@mewtwo I ought to clarify. Yes when it comes to getting insurance to pay for diapers for urinary incontinence, it government insurance is more likely to approve them than commercial insurance.   

So yes, it is *possible* to have diapers covered by your insurance. But it relies on your doctor going to bat for you, making sure the prescription and diagnosis code are done properly, appealing to get high quality diapers, which will almost surely entail some sort of letter of medically necessity. And that’s  assuming your doctor agrees they are medically necessary for you. 

Personally speaking, my doctor knows I’m incontinent and okay managing with diapers (though not the untraining or abdl stuff). I was going back and forth in my head if it’s ethical to ask my doctor for a prescription for diapers as they are medically necessary for me. Finally I did. My doctor wrote a prescription, but it was promptly rejected by my commercial insurance, at which point he referred me to urology.  Now I’m going for all sorts of testing to get a more accurate diagnosis, which  is fine because I am vaguely concerned about my long term risk urinary retention.  But it all started when I asked my doc for a prescription.   Ironically, I’m not even interested in having my diapers covered by insurance any more.  

• Like 2

I get disability benefits for my intellectual and mental health disabilities. Thats more than enough to cover all my nappy needs.

my advice is not to do this. as others have warned you, they may very well get psychiatrists involved, and that can become dangerous quickly. people have absolutely had their human rights removed for less at that point. us telling you about the risks, and the justifications that will be used to abuse you, does not equal us endorsing these abuses. it is merely trying to warn you that they DO happen.

insurance will be the least of your worries if things go poorly in this type of situation. i promise it's not worth risking.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:59 PM, mewtwo said:

Then you should do what your friend did.  

You could be getting 24 karat gold Fabines and the answer will still be NOPE ,” free” diapers aren’t free when they involve degrading yourself permanately in the eyes of family friends and the medical types you will need in years to come , one entry in your entire history will distill down to the essents of how you’ll be treated Malingering / diaper lover / paraphilic infantalist , the exact words will be known only to god and only the true cost of those free diapers paid by you .consider yourself warned . Everyplace that does adult daycare by taking away your rights is lining up with there crinkles offers. I hear if you sign up for the involuntary high dose  antipsychotic of the day combined with ECT you can get Rears and be incontrol

My advice for cheaper diapers would be to start frequenting your local second hand stores. I find lots of diapers at goodwill and places like that. They are going to be typical store brand diapers mostly and on occasion I have seen molicare and attends. They usually sell them for $5 a pack. 

I had thought about talking to my doctor about it but chickened out. Admitting I wore them for comfort and anxiety reasons was enough for me when they seen my waist band lol.  I have achieved my own version of incontinence though through using a stent. 

I have put a lot of thought into talking to a doctor about becoming incontinent though.  I don't thing my family practice doctor would be open to helping out on something like that however, have you thought about consulting a cosmetic surgeon or the type of surgeon who performs body / gender reaffirming type surgeries. I think those type doctors would be more open and understanding than Primary physicians 

On 7/2/2023 at 7:18 AM, Diapered Dave said:

Then you should do what your friend did.  

Not sure how to respond to this so I will respond in joking fashion if you know a way to get multiple sclerosis and you're holding out on us feel free to share.

14 hours ago, CountryRandy said:

My advice for cheaper diapers would be to start frequenting your local second hand stores. I find lots of diapers at goodwill and places like that. They are going to be typical store brand diapers mostly and on occasion I have seen molicare and attends. They usually sell them for $5 a pack. 

I had thought about talking to my doctor about it but chickened out. Admitting I wore them for comfort and anxiety reasons was enough for me when they seen my waist band lol.  I have achieved my own version of incontinence though through using a stent. 

I have put a lot of thought into talking to a doctor about becoming incontinent though.  I don't thing my family practice doctor would be open to helping out on something like that however, have you thought about consulting a cosmetic surgeon or the type of surgeon who performs body / gender reaffirming type surgeries. I think those type doctors would be more open and understanding than Primary physicians 

13 hours ago, Oscar Stern said:

If you get Depend Fresh Protection that'll help you be Diapered. Also remember that Diapers/Pull-Ups are for everyone cause it helps them let go & relax.

not sure why you guys want me to waste money on cheap diapers

On 7/4/2023 at 12:42 AM, mewtwo said:

not sure why you guys want me to waste money on cheap diapers

Because you asked how to keep costs down. "I'm also looking for some ways that I can get diapers so I can wear them for a whole month without it costing me like $400 to $700." 

Don't ask people for advice if you are going to be an azz to those giving it. 

• Like 2
On 6/30/2023 at 10:43 PM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

One of my eye doctors has discussed with me about peorsons who try to destroy much of their eyesight so they can go on the dole and not have to work. I can tell you, they are in for severaly nasty surprises. The first of which is what it as like foing from fully sighted to very low vision (which I have been all my life). Just wait until they lose their driver's license

I guess I'm like you -- with almost no vision at all. I can relate. My insurance makes no provision for coverage. I get premium Better Dry diapers for about $100/case (60 diapers total). One order per month covers the needs. I buy a couple other cases of Crinklz and InControl Elites in case I run out of Better Dry's but that almost never happens. Plus, if I do get short, I can always switch to the 6-8 cloth diapers I have in stock. Love the twill contour from CTDC. Rivals a disposable.

I had that discussion with my insurance and they said they would cover cloth. Why should they not? It is a bargain. I do not want to think of what it would cost per year. For the price of a year, I could have a layette that would not quit and the next 3 years would be almost zero