LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trans cartoonist with nappy fetish art ‘kink’ invited to speak to children at library

‘Serious red flags’ raised as Canadian artist Sophie Labelle set to talk at Sheffield Central Library

ByLouisa Clarence-Smith, EDUCATION EDITOR21 February 2023 • 8:00pm

Sophie Labelle says people have 'created all sorts of rumours about my work', which she says 'aims to empower trans youth and illustrate trans joy' Sophie Labelle says people have 'created all sorts of rumours about my work', which she says 'aims to empower trans youth and illustrate trans joy'

A council is facing a backlash after agreeing to allow a trans cartoonist with a “kink” for nappy fetish art to speak to children at a library.

Sophie Labelle, an artist from Montreal, Canada, is due to speak at Sheffield Central Library on Monday evening about her book, The Best of Assigned Male, her art and activism, and her experience growing up as trans.

Ms Labelle, who identifies as a woman, has spoken publicly about her nappy fetish art, known as “diaperfur art”. It has been defined as images related to someone with an interest in anthropomorphic animal characters and an interest in wearing diapers, typically as part of a baby roleplay.

She wrote on Twitter in 2021 that she has “made some diaperfur art”.

She said: “I have a kink I indulge responsibly and I refuse to be shamed for it.”

The Sheffield library event is advertised as being “suitable for adults, teens and families”. 

Characters in her book include Stephie Bondu, a school pupil who tells her classmates: “I transitioned over the summer and now you have to use ‘she’ to talk about me. It’s mandatory.”

'Serious safeguarding red flags'

Miriam Cates, Conservative MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge, has written to Sheffield City Council calling for the event to be cancelled or for an age limit of 18 to be imposed.

She wrote: “Even the most cursory background checks on Sophie Labelle throw up serious safeguarding red flags.

“In no way can the work or ‘activism’ of this author be considered suitable for children. It is widely agreed by child safeguarding experts, and across society, that it is wrong and deeply damaging to expose children to sexualised material.

“No one who seeks to normalise sexual fetish or who associates children with sexual arousal should be allowed anywhere near children, and they certainly would not pass any recognised safeguarding checks.

“I strongly urge you to investigate this matter urgently and to act to safeguard children and prevent Sheffield from being brought into disrepute.”

Ms Labelle said: “Some people have been busy at work defaming and disparaging me, and they created all sorts of rumours about my work, which aims to empower trans youth and illustrate trans joy, which is more than needed in this anti-trans political climate.

“Since 2014, I have created over 1,600 strips with that intent, which don’t feature any nudity or sexuality (besides a high school character having a boyfriend). I have also done several hundreds of talks and public events in youth groups, libraries, schools - from kindergarten to university - without any incident (besides one or two transphobe-hurling insults).”

Council refuses to impose restrictions

Sheffield City Council has refused to impose restrictions on the event.

Richard Williams, chairman of the communities, parks and leisure policy committee at Sheffield City Council, said: “Sheffield Libraries hosts a varied programme of events. One of our speakers is Sophie Labelle, an acclaimed Canadian cartoonist, author and public speaker who visits cities around the world.

“In Sheffield, it is a sold-out ticketed event for guests to hear Sophie speak about her art, and growing up trans. 

“Sheffield is a diverse and inclusive city and it is right that our programme of activity reflects that. The evening event is aimed at teenagers upwards, but we know that some families do attend Sophie’s talks and did not want to exclude them.”

• Thanks 1

She has been caught tracing or at least referencing pictures of actual children for babyfur art. While not illegal, the red flags are most certainly there and warranted and I don't fault anyone who raises an eye in concern to it in the slightest.

• Like 3

This is one where I need more information.  The question is: Why? 

I'm wondering what her audience is, and what the message is going

It's a difficult issue, and we know that completely ignoring any sexual taboo with people under 18 has disastrous consequences.  I'm not just talking about a TG, or even fetishes.   I think letting youth (15-17) know that fetishes and gender dysphoria are natural phenomena and not something to feel guilty about.   However- the message shouldn't the message should be more informational and not self-promotion.    The question is: is she guilty of sexualizing children, or or does she portray younger characters- but not in a sexual way.   It's a very complicated issue.

I will note this: I had a true sex education unit in 5th, and they never talked about masturbation.  I didn't understand that was normal until I was older, and I'm not sure if that is healthy.

• Like 1

uh...yeah fuck this pedophile. I don't care if she's trans or not if you trace actual pictures of children for your kink art you should be crucified and stabbed with spears.

5 hours ago, minachan16 said:

She has been caught tracing or at least referencing pictures of actual children for babyfur art. While not illegal, the red flags are most certainly there and warranted and I don't fault anyone who raises an eye in concern to it in the slightest.

uh...yeah fuck this pedophile. I don't care if she's trans or not if you trace actual pictures of children for your kink art you should be crucified and stabbed with spears. I wish the worst and hope only misfortune and pain follow her through the coming years.

3 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I think that minors should only be allowed in if accompanied by their parents.

minors should not be allowed to be around this pedo-fuck even with parents 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I see nothing wrong here. ALL artists use reference materials. A picture of a kid is no different; you can find millions on Google Images lol. ?
Maybe I'm just biased though because I'm trans with an ABDL kink. I suggest people make less ASSUMPTIONS and do some actual research. ?

• Like 2

I know nothing about this person, but a cursory look at some of her art on Google suggests that it is very cartoonish and not overtly (or even remotely) sexualized. Maybe Google leaves out things she's done for select audiences (such as art depicting furies in diapers or whatever), but I'd imagine that if she's doing an event in a library, she'd likely leave that out too, just as one imagines that maybe Liam Neeson doesn't bring up The Grey or Ted 2 when he's signing things for kids at a Star Wars convention. I'd say that it should be entirely up to the parents if they want to take their kids to meet her, or not, and they should act accordingly, rather than imploring some local politician to make sure that there is no opportunity for any kids to meet a person like this. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, TinyBunny said:

Yeah, that's not bunny-approved.  The MP is right to say that there should be an age limit.  This will be a step backwards for Sheffield culture.

@TinyBunny

I would also agree. A person who has a fetish like this, it would be one thing if she was just doing art coming Had nothing to do with her fetish, But if she is dealing with children, that to me means that she may expose somebody that doesn't need to be exposed too our lifestyle, who probably don't want to be exposed.

Not to mention the fact that we're talking about children, a library, which is a public place, and there are people that are concerned about what's going on! I don't mean to be mean, But people have to realize that when you're dealing with a public place like a library, you're dealing with children, you're dealing with art, having a fetish and having art in the fetish could be a considered a problem.

I believe the MP is right to wonder if this is appropriate, and according to tiny bunny, I don't think that it would be a good idea to have this person doing this with children. Something tells me that I might be wrong, but it just doesn't seem right to me. She wants to show her art, then you would have it as an adult event age limited, if she wants to be able to show children her art, and it doesn't have anything to do with diapers or the fetish, I think that would be appropriate, because you're not exposing the child to our lifestyle, and then you won't get the weird looks and all of this who people think about us being crazy.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

She draws diaperfur art?

Ive never seen them draw it. They draw trans comics but only once Ive seen them draw a comic about abdls. Im a former furry of 9 years, I would have known by now if they drew diaperfur.

Umm, yea...sounds like the media is scraping the bottom of the barrel here for a insult.

• Thanks 4

It's time to recognize that context is a thing.  Yes, most people have sexual interests of some form or another.  No, most people do not talk about them in front of children.  The presenter was following this same logic far as I could tell.

By comparison, one could say that any events regarding christianity should be banned or advised for "mature audiences only" because christians have a habit of murdering LBGTQ people, Native Americans, etc.

• Like 4

I also think we're missing critical context.  The article didn’t address if her school presentation material included the diaperfur kink stuff or not which for me is a huge red flag as to its journalistic integrity.

If she WAS proposing to share kink art with the kids then I’m going to say “nope…”

If this was NOT on her agenda and some folk want her shut down just because there is that aspect of herself in the public domain then that’s a “nope” too. 

Confining yourself to sampling the creative output only from those people whose views are 100% aligned with your own is VERY self-limiting.  I don’t like cancel culture irrespective of which side of the left/right divide it comes from.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This should be an adults only event. It is clearly related to sexuality and just like kids are not allowed in night clubs with or without parents, kids should not be allowed to attend this talk no matter what their parents think or want. 

I got into this fetish as a young kid without any information from books or television and the internet didn't even exist back then. And for over forty years I've been struggling to get this diaper demon/incontinence desire out of my head. It has destroyed my marriage, my children's childhood, and my confidence in future relationships. And here I am incontinent in my diaper reading about a freak like me who wants to lure children into lives that may very well end up like mine. No, thank you.

Children must be protected against forces that push them away from natural sexuality. If they really have a different sexuality, like me, it will manifest itself anyway. There is no need to trigger children who would otherwise have developed a natural sexuality. 

• Thanks 1

Wow, has this drawn out a lot of hate and vitriol. Within the first few posts we see acusations of pedo and worse.  WTF folks? A lot of the arguments against this person I am hearing are the exact same arguments used by the people that hate abdl, and diaper lovers. Add in the accusations about tracing to make 'adult' art and more. I hate to say it, people are being reactionary, rather than thinking. Or at lest that is what I am seeing.  The original artical was clearly ment to be inflamitory, and to incite hate and anger against the person doing the presentation. Yet, you really want to know what I took from it? A trans activist is going to talk to children, and might encurage children to express there desire for a non standard gender role.  Here are some random accusations that this person is not an artist, but actualy traces phtographs for make there pictures, and they use pictures of children to make art of furry children in diapers, therefore they must be a pedophile, cause they did art of a furry in a diaper. 

Now I will be blunt, I do not like the idea of someone activly incuraging children to transition, not because I am against trans, rather, because children do not have the ability to properly concent. There are a number of people that have transitioned, then turned around later in life and talked about how they wished they had never gone down that rabbit hole. No I am not saying do not let children be trans, or anything like that.  Rather, I am saying that before they can do the surgery they need to be mature enough to truely except what they are doing to themselves. On the other hand, it is also very good for children to learn about trans, as it can help children deal with there own difacultys dealing with there gender, and there socialy assigned gender roles, that are pushed on them.  Can also help them to understand and except themselves if they feel they are in the wrong gender as well.

I am sorry if I am a bit scatterbrained about this, but, I am seeing so much hate thrown at this subject, and very little in the way of fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Exposing what you, yourself admits is a kink to children is awful. I'm sick of people like that in this community. I don't give a fuck if they're Trans, cis, non-binary, or anything in between. Don't bring that shit up in front of children!

• Like 1
On 2/24/2023 at 4:45 PM, Ellie Jean said:

ALL words are made-up. Case in point, I have no idea what a "Zoomer" is. ?

A zoomer is the opposite of a boomer, a young Gen Z’er If I had to guess ?‍♂️

• Thanks 1
On 2/28/2023 at 2:04 PM, Alyeskabird said:

Wow, has this drawn out a lot of hate and vitriol. Within the first few posts we see acusations of pedo and worse.  WTF folks? A lot of the arguments against this person I am hearing are the exact same arguments used by the people that hate abdl, and diaper lovers. Add in the accusations about tracing to make 'adult' art and more. I hate to say it, people are being reactionary, rather than thinking. Or at lest that is what I am seeing.  The original artical was clearly ment to be inflamitory, and to incite hate and anger against the person doing the presentation. Yet, you really want to know what I took from it? A trans activist is going to talk to children, and might encurage children to express there desire for a non standard gender role.  Here are some random accusations that this person is not an artist, but actualy traces phtographs for make there pictures, and they use pictures of children to make art of furry children in diapers, therefore they must be a pedophile, cause they did art of a furry in a diaper. 

Now I will be blunt, I do not like the idea of someone activly incuraging children to transition, not because I am against trans, rather, because children do not have the ability to properly concent. There are a number of people that have transitioned, then turned around later in life and talked about how they wished they had never gone down that rabbit hole. No I am not saying do not let children be trans, or anything like that.  Rather, I am saying that before they can do the surgery they need to be mature enough to truely except what they are doing to themselves. On the other hand, it is also very good for children to learn about trans, as it can help children deal with there own difacultys dealing with there gender, and there socialy assigned gender roles, that are pushed on them.  Can also help them to understand and except themselves if they feel they are in the wrong gender as well.

I am sorry if I am a bit scatterbrained about this, but, I am seeing so much hate thrown at this subject, and very little in the way of fact.

Very well-said for someone who's probably largely ignorant on trans issues lol. ?

The only things I disagreed with, (shown in red), is the notion that children don't have the ability to consent to transitioning, (i.e. they aren't capable of knowing what gender they are), when studies clearly show otherwise. MOST children have a sense of Self and gender identity. The next sentence is technically accurate; there are a number of people who have transitioned, realized it was not for them, and decided to de-transition. What you may not know though is that "number" is extremely small, and most detransitioners detransition due to societal pressure and stigma. I've even considered detransitioning and just pretending to be a man, but I think I'd honestly rather die. ?

The next highlighted-in-red sentence neglects the fact that the possible risks and complications of any medical treatment is thoroughly discussed between physicians and patients before going through with it. It's not an easy, spur-of-the-moment thing you can do, and the requirements for children are even MORE strict. For example, you will probably never see a child getting "the surgery" or ANY surgery for that matter, (there's numerous surgeries; even more if you weren't allowed to take puberty blockers and switch to cross-sex hormones when your puberty would normally start.) I'm super envious of trans girls who figured out who they were early on and were able to avoid having their bodies masculinized with testosterone; it's going to take years and numerous surgeries for me to undo the damage that my biological puberty caused, and some things just can't be fixed. ?)

• Like 1

@Ellie Jean I have been considering how to respond to this, and I am unsure if there is any way to do so without being attacked for being against, or for. Considering that, to be blunt,  I know more about trans that your assuming. I have had friends that are trans for like 40 years. I used to sew clothing for trans people, cause it was fun, and they where people that I knew. I will admit, I also would make stuff for drag queens, cause OMG that was so fun to do. I thought long and hard about the whole thing for myself, and figured out that such a thing was not for me. Not because there is no interest, or desire for such, rather because there was no way to truely do such a thing.  Skys the number of times I had to tell one friend to go shave, or remind them to adjust there breasts. Or another friend that transitioned, and was freaking out about telling me. *chuckles* She had created this huge drama over the whole thing. My responce, 'So?' To be blunt, her body, her choice. It did not bother me in the lest. And as I told her, the only reason I would have had any right to even consider any sort of fuss would have been if I was romanticly involved with them, and even then, that would be something to talk about, not to get angry about. *chuckles* She also had not known that I had allready made some clothing and costumes for her, with another friend.

I still do not know why people allways assume I am that sort of person. Hell, I would go to gay bars and people would try and force me out cause they thought I was anti-gay or something. Seriously, sitting there trying to pick up a handsome stud, and people are angry at me cause I am straight at a gay bar. No clue how I look so damned straight when I am most definatly not.

On 3/14/2023 at 8:25 AM, Alyeskabird said:

@Ellie Jean I have been considering how to respond to this, and I am unsure if there is any way to do so without being attacked for being against, or for. Considering that, to be blunt,  I know more about trans that your assuming. I have had friends that are trans for like 40 years. I used to sew clothing for trans people, cause it was fun, and they where people that I knew. I will admit, I also would make stuff for drag queens, cause OMG that was so fun to do. I thought long and hard about the whole thing for myself, and figured out that such a thing was not for me. Not because there is no interest, or desire for such, rather because there was no way to truely do such a thing.  Skys the number of times I had to tell one friend to go shave, or remind them to adjust there breasts. Or another friend that transitioned, and was freaking out about telling me. *chuckles* She had created this huge drama over the whole thing. My responce, 'So?' To be blunt, her body, her choice. It did not bother me in the lest. And as I told her, the only reason I would have had any right to even consider any sort of fuss would have been if I was romanticly involved with them, and even then, that would be something to talk about, not to get angry about. *chuckles* She also had not known that I had allready made some clothing and costumes for her, with another friend.

I still do not know why people allways assume I am that sort of person. Hell, I would go to gay bars and people would try and force me out cause they thought I was anti-gay or something. Seriously, sitting there trying to pick up a handsome stud, and people are angry at me cause I am straight at a gay bar. No clue how I look so damned straight when I am most definatly not.

I said what you said was very well-said, and I then used the word "probably" in reference to your ignorance (or lack thereof) on the subject due to a couple of dated, misinformed assumptions I perceived you to be making that transphobes tend to use in order to justify discriminating against us. They hide behind the pretense of protecting children in order to deny gender-affirming care to transgender children, and they imply that transgender people aren't aware of the risks involved, which is simply a blatant falsehood. I was merely trying to politely point it out to you, because I felt you were simply ignorant on those particular issues; not transphobic. I actually expected you to reply with something closer to, "Thanks for informing me; I'll try to be more conscious of that in the future." or some other thing an actual ally would say. Not what I basically got instead, "I know lots about trans people; I have a lot of trans friends and I know a lot of drag queens!" Lmao, that's how transphobes usually act; they're super defensive and not super open to constructive criticism. ?

Anyhoo...I'm so sorry if I offended you; that must be super fucking hard for you! ?

Oh skys, the whole 'think of the children' thing. Good gods, I generaly want to drag the idiots that scream that argument through the mud. That phrase has been used to cause more harm to children than most anything else. Hell, I think that was used when some group of pranksters got some cali township to ban dihodrogenmonoxide as being a danger to life liberty and children.

But no, I was really serious, it was fun making stuff for drag queens, they would want the most insane outfits, it was cool and challanging to meet there desires. Had one that was pretty close to me in size and shape, so I ended up being a standing dummy a couple times for polishing things off when working with a friend. Costuming was something I was big into for a while, partly how I met so many trans folks when I was younger. Had to think about it for a while, and, really, if I am totaly honest about it. The fuck should I care? It is there body. Ultimatly, they should have the right to make that call. Not me, not some asshat who won a popularity contest by paying off the judges, or shit like that.

As for the children thing, I have not been keeping up to date on things. I have seen a very few articles about it, one that was very for the idea, one that was very against the idea, but I think that was about some study or other done in the 90s. It might have been biased, as a lot of studys are, but, one of the big things in that article was that a lot of the children that had transitioned, as adults eather wished they had not, or where violently angry with there perents for letting them do it. Only found the article as I was looking for examples of girly cloths on male children when looking for a costume idea. 

On the other hand, I have not been following the shitshow that the sudject has become. In part because I see lies and accusations coming from both sides, and little in the way of truth. I am also quite used to being attacked for not being violently pro, or against something. I allready know someone will want to attack, reguardless of what I might say, cause I disagree with the slightist bit with what they might say. I am tired of the bullshit. I am tired of the pro group making things up, and even more tired of the idiotic antis making even worse shit up.

All I can do is vote what I feel is right, and put my money where my mouth is.

Also to be honest, does not help that a friend who is transitioning right now keeps ranting and raving about things in a very disjointed manor, and screaming at everyone around cause of some bs some asshat did somewhere. I understand its important to them, but, them coming up and wanting to rant and rave about some asshat pulling bs that I never heard of, it gets old, and I do not have the time that they do to track that kinda shit. So you are kinda getting a little backlash from me dealing with the frustration of getting randomly yelled at for shit I got no clue about.  Hell, I normaly don't even poke this forum but maybe once a month or so normaly, my frquency of late has been rather unusual. 

Humm, and if transphobes are claiming to have trans friends now, they must have really changed, they never would have even admitting to knowing one, other than as a subject of hate back then. Weird how times change.

• Like 1