LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not ready to announce to my neighbourhood that I am incontinent

1 hour ago, babykeiff said:

The green bins (according to UK listings) are for general waste, and are chargable. Some councils charge by weight while others charge by the count of times it is collected. As a result, you, or more correct, your group home is paying taxi fares to transport used nappies to some incinerator plant or some landfill that take 500+ years to decompose. Other destinations are being dumped in the sea. In Wales, however, there is a company that converts used nappies to roads. As a result, there is some truth in the statement that the roads in Wales / UK are sh*t!

????? they really are!!!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Little Belle said:

????? they really are!!!!

@Little BelleI know... I've driven on some of them. A number of years ago, in Ireland, a survey was commisioned to calculate the area of pot-holes that existed here. It was published, and within a day or so, retracted. The reason - the combined area of potholes exceed the total area of Ireland. I heard that similar survey existed in UK, which again have similar errors.

Today, the car tests in both UK and Ireland steering alignment test is not as accurate as lets say Germany or similar. Why?... cause if it was, a vehicle would never pass as the tracking would drift too far between being set in a garage and driving to a test centre.

Also, in both countries, one cannot prosocute the council etc. for a pot hole... only for a faulty repair. As a result, council's don't repair pot-holes... they replace the road at cost factors x10/20 of fixing/ filling in a pot-hole.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:17 PM, Little Belle said:

@nappylover78 it's definitely a problem if you're 24/7 like me. 4 to 5 nappies a day, every day soon mounts up to A LOT of heavy wet nappies! I'm dealing it with it (for now) by always taking a couple out with me when I go out somewhere in the car or when I walk the dog and dump them in public bins. If I can dispose of 2 or 3 every day it makes a huge difference to the weight of the bin at home. The downside to this is that it's a very time consuming faff to have to plan this out - plus the weirdness of what I'm doing isn't lost on me.

I could take a bag of them once a week to the local refuse site like you suggest but it's a fair old journey for me (about 20 mile round trip) so again, it's not really a sustainable solution and one I don't really have time for either.

Yeah, I'm lucky that mine is just around the corner I guess...

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Little Belle said:

Thank you. It's the only aspect of my 24/7 lifestyle that bothers me. But the pluses make up for it 10 fold!

Yep.  I'm usually in cloth nappies, but for the past month I've been in disposables as our tumble-drier has been out of action.  The dustbin just got too full, and I suspected it wouldn't be emptied because of the weight of it (we get a fortnightly service).  So I had to take them to the council tip, along with other stuff we needed to get rid of.  The first tip had attendants who were much too attentive - they were helping to unload and checking contents of bags.  So I unloaded the rest of the rubbish there, & took the nappies to a second tip, where I managed to unload them safely into the right container.

Anyway, the drier was fixed the other day, so I'm safely back in cloth nappies again.  Which is a considerable relief.?

2 hours ago, Stroller said:

Yep.  I'm usually in cloth nappies, but for the past month I've been in disposables as our tumble-drier has been out of action.  The dustbin just got too full, and I suspected it wouldn't be emptied because of the weight of it (we get a fortnightly service).  So I had to take them to the council tip, along with other stuff we needed to get rid of.  The first tip had attendants who were much too attentive - they were helping to unload and checking contents of bags.  So I unloaded the rest of the rubbish there, & took the nappies to a second tip, where I managed to unload them safely into the right container.

Anyway, the drier was fixed the other day, so I'm safely back in cloth nappies again.  Which is a considerable relief.?

That sounds like a right faff too!

To be fair, I did contact the council and asked them about bin weight due to incontinence products and they said that they wouldn't refuse to empty it due to weight even if I'd been offered a bright yellow nappy bin and choose not to have one.

Obviously your council may be different but you could always check with them. 

I'm still trying to keep the weight down a bit though with disposing elsewhere (it still gets heavy enough) but maybe I just need to take them at their word and put them all in it!

On 11/21/2022 at 8:16 AM, Goerge said:

I think I wrote similar here some years back with my problems with my supported housing manager wanting a Clinical waste bin on our property for my used Nappies. In my county the clinical waste bins are all yellow and you are given clinical waste bags which are also yellow to dispose of your nappies. I wasn't happy with that idea as my house is a terrace house that leads right onto the street and the clinical waste bins are normal height bins but bright yellow so anybody in the know will know they are used for incontinence waste, and my street is quite a busy road. So I told the manager I wasn't happy about the prospect that my IC would be known to other people outside the supported living complex. Also people would assume our house is a care home for the intellectual disabled which it is in a way but it's set for for supported living so independence is the main goal.

We are lucky that we have 4 normal bins between 5 people but these do get very full and heavy. We never had a complaint of the dustbin collectors about this being heavy but I've seen them struggle with them. Also if you were to use a yellow clinical waste bag in the normal bins they dustbin collectors won't take the bin.

And my closing statement if you were to have a Clinical waste bin it would quickly spread that you wore nappies, it would become very obvious.

If, between you there are four bins, how are any of the the members of the public that are interested, going to know that they are your nappies in the Yellow Bin ?

5 hours ago, Wet Knight said:

If, between you there are four bins, how are any of the the members of the public that are interested, going to know that they are your nappies in the Yellow Bin ?

Because on the yellow lid in big embossed letters it says 'NAPPIES ONLY IN THIS BIN' ?

• Haha 1

@Wet Knight @Little Belle

1 hour ago, Little Belle said:

Because on the yellow lid in big embossed letters it says 'NAPPIES ONLY IN THIS BIN' ?

Because people use nappies every day, it's an everyday occurrence for many that are used to it. But even if you are used to it, there are certain things I would not want to advertise to the entire neighborhood, even if everyone knew everyone knew about it. There's always some idiot, and I've run into a couple of them, that would take that information and use it against you, or make it look like you are the bad guy. I don't mind wearing nappies and I don't mind using them, I don't mind disposing of them, everyone around me knows about it, but there's just something silly about having a bright yellow waste bin, that screams as @Little Belle says "NAPPIES ONLY"

the reason I say that, is because it's almost the same as if someone were to see someone running around in their underwear, and they happen to see them in a place where they shouldn't be doing it, or where they don't think they should be doing it, and everybody finds out about it all at once, then they hold a secret and they can use it against you.

My brother will pick on me sometimes because of the fact that he thinks I'm a nudist, because there are several times when I might not be wearing anything at all, because I might be airing out or because I feel comfortable that way, but I keep telling him that as long as I do it within my house, no one is gonna say anything, because that is my private business And this is my private space. If someone were to knock on the door, the first thing I would do was ask him to answer it if he's here, and then while he's doing that I would be taken care of the fact that I am naked. Many people don't understand that there are people who like to take trivial little matters like we believe they are common and blow them up into things that aren't really that important.

Sure there are many things in society that we shouldn't be doing, or we should use common sense while we're doing it. However, I can understand people's resistance and reluctance to have a big yellow topped recycling bin that screams that all over the neighborhood, even if people are used to it. Most people don't even care, most people shouldn't, because they don't have to deal with the ridiculousness of having the problem that they have to deal with, the stigma that they have to deal with, and all of the things that people say about people that wear nappies because of whatever reason.

I'm very very proud of the fact that I have many people that understand the reasoning for wearing them, and the reason why I chose to wear them and use them. I'm not getting any younger, but I'm not ready to be thrown into a nursing home yet, and I'm not going to go willingly. There's no reason in the world why a guy cannot enjoy life the way it goes, and sometimes what happens is you end up with a bump in the road that you have to deal with. Some bumps are very small ones, some bumps are huge, and some of them are insurmountable, because you can't figure out get across, that's why you need good friends and good family members that help you. You also need someone who is going to be understanding of your situation in your plate, regardless of how good or how bad it gets. It's the worst thing in life that happens is that somebody wears diapers or somebody likes, or they make them feel good, and they're not doing drugs and they're not causing trouble in the streets, and they're not that aren't theirs, or hurting someone, then I think that wearing diapers is a plus.

I used to worry about people finding out, I used to worry about what people would think or what people would say, I used to be scared I used to be worrying about things that I would think what happened, and even after I had a discussion with my mom, Some of my fears were based on things that I thought that were in my head, I thought mom thought one way, I thought mom believed something another way, and I ended up thinking that for some reason I had my signals crossed, because sometimes what happens in your life is you're so used to getting attacked with an arrow, that you, that you always try to duck them, or always try to find a way around them, and sometimes the best thing to do is just to accept what is there, but sometimes it's still really hard. When you were a kid that has grown up half your life, and you've dealt with almost everything imaginable from surgery to therapy, from hospitals to rehab centers, from trying the so hard that you feel like you've done a 10 yard marathon, when somebody may do a 10 mile marathon, for a guy with CP, the little things count the most.

One thing I always remember is the day that I had a friend of mine. I'll always remember, because he always was supportive of me, even if I don't see him that often any more, he's always been a part of my life, and I have been lucky enough to see him on about 10 separate occasions. this gentleman, regardless of what happens would always help me, similar to how my stepdad does now, and he always made sure that my exercises were done, he always did my exercises with me, and he pushed me hard to make sure that I would make progress. one day, he came to me and said something that I'll never forget. he told me that I was gonna walk across the room. I didn't have my crutches, I didn't have my Walker, but he told me that I was gonna walk across the room.

He was asking me to walk without any of my assistive devices. The only thing I had was my braces. I told him that I thought I would Fall on my face come and he said that he knew that it possibly could happen, but he had faith in me that I could do it. I kept telling him that there's no way I can do it, and he kept telling me that I could. well, I swallowed my pride and prayed to God that I wouldn't fall down. I took one step And by the time I had taken that step, I taken another, and another, and another. I stopped. I hung on to something else, and then when I was ready, I did it again and again and again. by the time I had done that I had walked the room twice the whole length from one side to the other. him on one side, my mother on the other, and boy I'll tell you I was tired, but I must have walked 100 feet.

For many people getting up and walking across the room is no big deal, you walk hundreds of feet everyday when you end up doing your job. when you have cerebral palsy and you're told all your life that you can't do it, there are things that make you want to do it, and you wanna try harder and harder. If I hadn't had a person that was willing to push me just a little bit every single time, I would have never been able to do that, and I did.

As I said why did I put this example in: The reason I did is because I believe I believe that people wearing nappies is like dealing with small potatoes. for people that wear nappies it's something as easy as getting up and walking across the room. We take it for granted because it's something that we always do and always have done, or something that we like or always have like, My parents always used to tell me that the small things can turn into big things, if you put your mind to it and if you try hard. People may think that what I said was silly, but my small victory, is something that is important to me because somebody may take for granted they don't have to wear nappies, they don't have to worry about changing themselves every few hours, they don't have to worry about messing themselves or wetting themselves. we all have challenges.

Whether it be cerebral palsy, autism, down syndrome, or any other disability, challenges that we accept and we roll with.  Sometimes in life we have to make sacrifices to make things happen the best we can. sometimes we have to wait for those things that might be trivial to somebody else, but very important to others. I don't take lightly the fact that I had done those challenges and I had won, certainly now I probably wouldn't be able to do it as best as I could, because I'm not as light as I used to be, and being older I'm afraid to fall in my head and hurt myself, because as a kid I used to be able to bounce. what I'm trying to say here is regardless of what the challenge is, we always try to find a way to beat the challenge. diapers help many people with these challenges, and they shouldn't be made to be like a Circus Act, because they are not. sure we can joke around about it and that's fun If we can make light of our situation and we understand why, but there's always people who around us that might take something is trivial, being a small potato, and making it into a huge snowball, that will hit you in the head.

Wearing diapers is a minimal challenge:  compared to me having to walk at 10 foot or 100 feet or whatever it was I walked, it was nothing compared to the things that everybody else does, because everybody can walk 100 feet or so they think. Well, I walked those 100 feet and more, and I'm so damn glad that somebody was there to help me, didn't judge me, didn't think any less of me if I were to fall in my head and have to be picked up. Regardless of what the challenges we meet head on all the way and we don't give up, or at least that's the way I was brought up: giving up is not part of your vocabulary system: you give in when you absolutely have to, And sometimes you have to make the choice to stop, But that doesn't necessarily mean you give up.

The point here is that everybody makes a big deal out of wearing diapers and wearing incontinence products, and sometimes people are very very mean and condescending when it comes to those people that have to. I've even had people pick on children who are less fortunate than I, and some of my adult friends now, when they were going through the same thing in school, there were people that were very ruthless and heartless, they'd pick on people that didn't understand the things they understood the way we or they understood it. If people understood what it was like to have to live in the body of somebody that can't think or can't remember, or doesn't do things the way everybody else does because they can't understand it, in their education has to be modified so they can understand it, then it makes a difference. Some children can't learn the way others do, and they have to learn different ways. I remember a situation where I had a friend who had this situation where he got into trouble. Punishing him in the normal way like we always would be like being told no, being scolded, being spanked, those things weren't effective. so in a way that they understood, they were set up in a situation where they were put up against a chalkboard. they were given an eraser. and they kept on standing up erasing the board sitting down, And this was repeated over and over and over and over again. after while, their legs would get tired, and then they would realize that they wanted to stop. my friend Steve was one of the teachers there, and Steve would always ask them are they ready to stop, And when they are, he would calmly explain what it is that they did wrong, and told them that if they did it again, they would end up having to do be punished this way.

I've seen it happen right in front of me, but then there are people that were in my class for example, or other people that were heartless, Because they walk up to these kids look at them, make faces at them Pick at them, and make them feel bad.

Then... I happen to be walking out of the bathroom one day, and I saw these guys picking on these kids. Most of these guys were my friends, even if we didn't get to see each other on a daily basis because I was in mainstream classes and they were not. every week I would go to gym class with at least one of these kids, And then what would happen is we would all go swimming on one day of during the week, one day that we would be able to enjoy that but we had to make sure our work was done. So back to the story: I get out of the bathroom, and these idiots are sitting there laughing at my friends making fun of them, so I ended up giving them some grief telling them how dare they do that, and they kept on doing it. I was so mad, that I went back to my hormone teacher and I actually asked her to step to step in and make these guys go away and not cause any trouble. let me tell you, when she got done, every single one of those home teachers was allowed to know what was going on, and every single one of those gentlemen got exactly what they deserved: they ended up having to spend one are two afternoons and a couple of recesses even, doing exactly what my friends who are punished were doing: standing up and sitting down erasing chalkboards, until their legs hurt, and then they understood the reasoning behind it!

There are times when things should scream trouble, and there sometimes when things shouldn't scream at all. if we're all used to wearing nappies that's one thing, but I can understand people as reluctance to have something that actually advertises that they wear nappies. regardless of whether they wear them or not, or how they manage it, wearing nappies is not something that is the end of the world, and that is a small price to pay, because of the bigger price is a person's not going to be as confident as they would be should they have them on, and they wouldn't be able to live their life to the Level they want. People who pick on or make fun of or chastise people for wearing them to take have to take stock and what is going on: there are reasons why people do things, we may not understand them, we might not agree with them, And sometimes you just have to stand in and you have to stick up for what you think is right. my friends in that example above needed someone to stand in for them, to fight for them, and I made sure that even though I couldn't do very much about the situation, the teacher were alerted So this would never happen again.

Point being that I understand why people may not want to have that thing emboldened with the word Nappy's only, and most of these people that are garbage collectors are very professional individuals in the understand. I'm sure they go to hospitals, day care centers, nursery schools and other places where diapers are used, or any other type of incontinence product, and they just deal with it. One of the things that I didn't like about my situation is when somebody tried to out me in front of all of my friends, by ending up doing it by the telephone. I was so embarrassed the day that it happened, I was afraid that everybody would be upset with me, but a quick discussion with everyone in my office put that to rest, and then everybody in my church was very supportive and said that wasn't a good idea for them to do that, but they all agreed that it was wrong. People need to be empathetic to those that have to wear them, and by that I mean you have to understand that there's a reason for it, we might not agree with it We might not understand it, it might take us long time to understand that, but it happens everyday.

I agree that those darn things can be very heavy! I just took out one yesterday for example, And the thing must await at least £5. some of my diapers that I've even put in the disposal bags before I put them into the disposal can feel like they weigh 5POUNDS. So I can understand why @Little Belle @Little Sherri and others may end up taking a bag of diapers out with them when they go somewhere, and place them into a particular bin, so they don't have to have a huge heavy ben have to be rolling around. The only problem with this is the fact that some places don't look kindly on others sticking garbage into others trash bins especially around here. that is because people have to pay to have their garbage removed, and if they end up filling their own garbage Dumpster that's one thing, if they fill their own garbage dumpster with someone else's trash, that might be a problem. I remember a time when our family had a rental unit, and there were always people that were sneaking garbage into our containers, and then we would have to pay for someone else to remove the bins like we normally would, but we'd be paying extra because our bins were being filled up by not us, but everybody else. I don't mind people throwing garbage into bins as we move along, That's not the problem, But when you have people who around here fill up garbage cans that makes a difference, especially if it is not your garbage.

Sometimes I long for the time when you wouldn't have to worry about this. You wouldn't have to be watching to make sure somebody wasn't sticking something that wasn't yours or from your in your own trash dumpster. unfortunately times change and we have to be extra careful, because sometimes what you stick in a dumpster while it your trash, might be something that could hurt someone else. We've come that far, But it's a sad situation! I never thought it would come to the day when we'd be worrying about who puts what in our garbage dumpsters, but I understand the reasoning, because for example my landlords do not wanna be paying extra money for someone else's garbage that just walks up to it and throws it in. I understand there's people that do that, and there's receptacles to do that which is no problem!

Brian

5 hours ago, Little Belle said:

It would be different if it was embossed "Goerge's nappies only in this bin", but one yellow bin among 4 is only a 25% chance of guessing the nappy user.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Wet Knight said:

It would be different if it was embossed "Goerge's nappies only in this bin", but one yellow bin among 4 is only a 25% chance of guessing the nappy user.

Agreed but in our neighbourhood, you put the bins on the edge of your property on collection day and they have to have your house number on too ?

• Like 1

I think what he is trying to say is even if the bright yellow nappy bin right in front of your house with your house number on it, indicating that the nappy bin belongs at your address at the curb of your specific house, how is anyone who sees it to know that you particularly are the one who is wearing all the used nappies that are in that bin.  It could be any person who is in that house including the idea you may have an elderly person you are caring for in your home who is the one needing the nappies.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I think what he is trying to say is even if the bright yellow nappy bin right in front of your house with your house number on it, indicating that the nappy bin belongs at your address at the curb of your specific house, how is anyone who sees it to know that you particularly are the one who is wearing all the used nappies that are in that bin.  It could be any person who is in that house including the idea you may have an elderly person you are caring for in your home who is the one needing the nappies.

I know what you're saying but we are a close neighbourhood where everyone knows each other. I'm just not ready to be that open about it. And neither is my husband as he definitely doesn't want people thinking it's him!

• Like 1
On 1/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, Little Belle said:

That sounds like a right faff too!

To be fair, I did contact the council and asked them about bin weight due to incontinence products and they said that they wouldn't refuse to empty it due to weight even if I'd been offered a bright yellow nappy bin and choose not to have one.

Obviously your council may be different but you could always check with them. 

I'm still trying to keep the weight down a bit though with disposing elsewhere (it still gets heavy enough) but maybe I just need to take them at their word and put them all in it!

@Little Belle, unless the standard council bin is charged for by weight, I would fill it up to just before the top with used nappies, and put something like fire ash or similar on top - just to hide the contents from prying eyes.

Everyone - in a small cul de sac / single street / small (less than 10 houses) road, everybody tends to know each other, and also, where young children / babies live. As a result, are aware, to a certain extent, who wears nappies/diapers and who needs the yellow "I WEAR DIAPERS" bin. In certain areas in the UK, there is a specific bin for this, but it is similar to hanging a 20ft sign outside ones house stating "WE WEAR DIAPERS HERE". In some areas where there are many houses / apartments that share a comunal bin, without covert actions, really nobody knows who is putting the used diapers in the bin - but in this mad crazy world, there usually is one or two pathetic nosey people that will spy on their neighbours just to find out who is putting used adult sized diapers in the bin.

Privacy in relation to diapers, and the wearing and using of same should really be a concern for us all - due to the way media twist everything to their advantage, and at the cost of us.

How I deal with diaper disposable :- Place the wet one in a nappy/diaper bag (yes, one can squash an adult diaper into a nappy/diaper bag) and place that bag into another nappy/diaper bag to completely seal the diaper. A soiled one is first emptied (as much as possible) into the potty monster, and it is then placed into a nappy/diaper bag. These are then either put in with the regular rubbish, or into a black bag where, when half full, dropped to a dump / recycling centre. The people in the recycling centre are used to me droping them in, bit presume (since they suggested I get a specific bin) that I take care of a dependant relative. I misled them to state that the relative lives in a comunal bin area, where individual bins are not allowed. What the recycling centres here has for this is a specific 'medical waste bin'.

• Like 1

Look at it this way, where I live, I have neighbors who are totally accepting and totally cool with me being diapered. They see me all the time when I take out my used soiled diapers in a diaper and t-shirt or onesie on. On many occasions they are cool with me being around the neighborhood with just a diaper and t-shirt or onesie on. I especially have a neighbor who's a nurse practitioner who knows I am AB and Incontinent. Whenever she sees me, she diaper checks me and even advocates for me being diapered around neighborhood.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

Look at it this way, where I live, I have neighbors who are totally accepting and totally cool with me being diapered. They see me all the time when I take out my used soiled diapers in a diaper and t-shirt or onesie on. On many occasions they are cool with me being around the neighborhood with just a diaper and t-shirt or onesie on. I especially have a neighbor who's a nurse practitioner who knows I am AB and Incontinent. Whenever she sees me, she diaper checks me and even advocates for me being diapered around neighborhood.

That is fine for you and your open AB/DL lifestyle, but not everyone has that outlook on the diapers they wear.  So many of us wear diapers but want to totally remain in the closet about it, therefore while it's fine with you that everyone knows you wear diapers and why, most of us don't want other people, coworkers and neighbors to know anything about our privet kinks.

• Like 3

@rusty pinsI understand your desire to be in the closet and I can respect that. Your life, your choice. I think where I disagree with you is your calling it a kink. For you it is a kink and your desire to shield the public from your kink is honorable. The problem is your expectation that all of us here must shield the public from our incontinence. I could be wrong but I think for @Kawaharuand many others on here it's not sexual and not a kink so why should they shield themselves from the public like it is a sexual kink? I think you tend to project your feelings on others here and that isn't fair. I do think you are trying to be a positive influence on here but maybe this will give you a different perspective.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 3
5 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

@rusty pinsI understand your desire to be in the closet and I can respect that. Your life, your choice. I think where I disagree with you is your calling it a kink. For you it is a kink and your desire to shield the public from your kink is honorable. The problem is your expectation that all of us here must shield the public from our incontinence. I could be wrong but I think for @Kawaharuand many others on here it's not sexual and not a kink so why should they shield themselves from the public like it is a sexual kink? I think you tend to project your feelings on others here and that isn't fair. I do think you are trying to be a positive influence on here but maybe this will give you a different perspective.

Hugs,

Freta

For me, being an adult baby, Incontinent and being kept in diapers permanently. I don't ever see diapers as a sexual kink or fetish. Maybe @rusty pins does and he thinks that people like me should I hide my diapers from public view. I think and tend to believe he projecting his feelings about people like me who are ABDL and Incontinent and who don't see diapers as a sexual fetish or kink. Being diapered to me is something that's normal and that I have to wear because of my medical incontinence.

Just coming back in here to say that I understand all of @rusty pins, @FretaBWet and @Kawaharu POV's on this and it highlights how different we all are and how different our reasons for wearing are. Long may we share and celebrate that diversity ?

However, this is a sub-forum for medical incontinence which is why I posted it here. I have no choice but to wear nappies 24/7 and, to be honest, I'm pretty shy about it. I have a problem with how I can discreetly dispose of my nappies from home and was looking for some advice (or probably really just to have a moan about my local Council! ?).

Deciding not to care who knows about my IC is a big and complex step which I am likely to never take. But thank you for sharing your advice and support.

Love Little Belle ?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

Hugs,

Freta

11 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

For me, being an adult baby, Incontinent and being kept in diapers permanently. I don't ever see diapers as a sexual kink or fetish. Maybe @rusty pins does and he thinks that people like me should I hide my diapers from public view. I think and tend to believe he projecting his feelings about people like me who are ABDL and Incontinent and who don't see diapers as a sexual fetish or kink. Being diapered to me is something that's normal and that I have to wear because of my medical incontinence.

First, my mention of the phrase "kink" may not be appropriate for everyone.  i know for many it's a lifestyle, some a medical necessity and others a fetish or kink.  I will gladly admit my usage of that word as not being for everyone.

Where I strongly disagree with you, Freta, 110% is when you say, "your expectation that all of us here must shield the public from our incontinence".  Nothing could be further from my mind!  Whoever wants to let friends, neighbors, coworkers and family know they are either incontinent, are adult babies or just people who love to wear diapers is 100% fine with me!  It is their life and they are free to do as they please.

Kawaharu said, "Maybe @rusty pins does and he thinks that people like me should I hide my diapers from public view".  Again, you are wrong and totally missing the point of this thread.  I really don't care if you want to be open about your diapers or not.  I'm not telling people they have to hide their diapers from anyone.  If that is how they want to live their life, all power to them!  The point I'm making is Little Belle is the one who posted this thread in the incontinence forum stating she, herself is not ready to let neighbors know about her need for diapers.  Just as you do want everyone to know about your diapers, she does not!  That is the point here, not anyone telling someone they should hide their diapers from everyone.  You do what you want, but the same applies for her.  You shouldn't tell Little Belle not to hide her diapers and instead be open and let everyone know. 

Freta said, "I think you tend to project your feelings on others here and that isn't fair. I do think you are trying to be a positive influence on here but maybe this will give you a different perspective".  What I am saying is when a person posts that they are not ready to announce to people they are incontinent, wear diapers, (or are AB or DL), we need to respect their points of view and not try to convince them to do the opposite, just go ahead and let everyone know they wear diapers and live that lifestyle.

Case in point.  You seem a bit upset or put out that I bring up how some people say not to worry about it or whether people know you wear diapers, just embrace it and let everyone know about it.  Where is the understanding of the other point of view, when someone needs to wear diapers for medical reasons or has a fetish or AB/DL lifestyle and wants to keep it secret and to themselves?  There are two sides to every story and yes, I get irritated when people in the forums ask, "How can I keep my diapers from being found out by someone", only to have people say, "Just tell everyone and enjoy it".  That may work for some people who are really open about their lifestyle, BUT IT'S NOT WHAT THE PERSON WANTS OR IS ASKING HELP FOR!! 

We will respect the wishes of those who have an open lifestyle to let everyone know they are AB, DL and wear diapers and dress like a baby, but it is a two-way street.  Those with open lifestyles also need to respect the wishes of those who want to keep their fetish, kink and lifestyle privet and to themselves and not let anyone know about it.  When you say, "I think you tend to project your feelings on others here (not projecting my feelings, just stating an opinion) and that isn't fair", it works both ways.  Someone who does not want others know about their diapers also shouldn't have people project their own opposing feelings on them as that is just as unfair.

Little Belle seems to agree based on her above post.  This is an incontinence forum for people with medical needs as opposed to AB/DL forums and I reiterate my point that if someone here in this forum is asking for help on how to hide their incontinence and diapers from the neighbors, we should be supportive of that need and not offer up opposing ideas to just live an open lifestyle and let everyone know that they wear diapers.

• Like 3
On 11/16/2022 at 3:50 AM, Little Belle said:

As a 24/7 wearer, responsible and discreet disposal of my nappies is something I've been concerned about for months. I'm in the UK so we have wheelie bins for general waste (and others for recycling) which get collected every 2 weeks. I checked with the council when I started using nappies and they said that all adult incontinence products should go in general waste. Fair enough - we all know nappies are tragic for the environment.

The problem is, 14 days of 24/7 wearing is A LOT of wet nappies. And wet nappies are HEAVY. So for a while, me and my partner have been worried that one day the bin collection guys will tell us our bins are too heavy, assuming we are literally putting rocks or bricks into it(!) and not empty them.

So I got in touch with the council and they said that I needed to get a special bin for the nappies. I need a note from my doc to say I have special medical needs (not a problem) and they would send me a seperate bin within 10 days. Sounds like a plan BUT the bin has a bright yellow lid which says NAPPIES ONLY on it. We're a friendly street in the middle of a housing estate and everyone knows everyone. Everyone also knows that there are no babies living at our house, so if we get a nappy bin which we have to leave out on bin day, EVERYONE who passes our house will know that either me or my partner is wearing nappies.

Isn't that really bad that the council haven't thought through that people may want to be more private than that? Or am I just being over sensitive? I am autistic so don't always see things the way others do.......

I prefer strangers discovering I'm incontinent and need diapers without having to announce. The employees  from my building made me the favor. They realized I wore diapers because of all wet diapers at trash everyday and also receiving diapers packs by mail for me. They love to gossip and ASAP they spread to the neighbourhood that the guy from 2nd floor wears a lot of diapers. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, anned said:

In the US, a bin with a yellow lid and the words diapers on it would be a violation of HIPAA.

https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publications/topic/hipaa.html

That's actually really interesting - I might have to speak to the Council again about this and provide this as an example of whynthey shouldnt be expecting us to agree to it. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1