LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is your priority when buying diapers and ABDL-related items?

Mysterion

51 members have voted

1. 1. What is your priority when buying diapers and ABDL-related items?

• Function
    • Fashion/Fetish
    • Finance

Function, fashion/fetish, or financial matters?

For me, it probably depends on the item. 
Sometimes I buy fancy/new diapers without paying too much attention to the price tag. 
Like the other day when I ordered a pack of Critter Caboose that cost almost 4,-€ each because I was curious about the 8000ml capacity.
So I was attracted by the "function".

But after testing it, I don't think it's much better than my favorite diaper the Mega Max, for which I would prefer this one again, especially since it's a bit cheaper.

• Like 1

I ticked off finance. I've noticed how expensive disposable diapers are. And being sort of a DIY guy, I thought I could decrease the cost exponentially by fashioning my own. And I also thought home made cloth diapers might be better for the environment.

• Like 1

None of the above for me. The number one thing is picking something that my Daddy and I love. Being cute for my Daddy is number one, the options presented are just things but having a happy Daddy who can't keep Himself from cuddling me, EPIC ????

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I usually look for the Tykables B grade diapers, because they are usually a very good buy.  I try to stock up with at least 80 diapers.  I just received my order for 80 Little Rawrs.  Price, absorbency and comfort are very important.

A combination of all 3 i guess. I do want a diaper that can hold enough and fits well, but i do consider the cost a lot to. As for the fasion i dont really buy to many abdl diapers becaus of the cost, but have bought some abdlish clothes that i really love.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried nearly every type and brand and homed in on Better Dry for overnight use. They even need a booster, but they are far better than any other diaper I have used. Yes, they are costly, but price versus getting up soaked or leaked through makes them a worthwhile for me. I'm impressed with Wellness briefs, since they actually DO work for 8 hours. I have used them overnight and no leaks. I'm using FitRight Extended Wear diapers, and they are good too. The only thing about them is that they are cloth-like, and the reusable tabs are great, but I still prefer plastic backing on diapers. Most of the nights I also wear a plastic pant over them, and they have some in handy several times. 

@Mysterion

I chose function and fetish in that order: my My deal is that I want to be able to have a diaper that works for me, and can hold whatever I am trying to release. far too often diapers are made so cheaply that there's no reason to think or believe that the diaper will do exactly as it says. diaper manufacturers need to understand why diapers exist and how they are used, otherwise what they will continue to do is put out things that won't even be able to hold anything that you're releasing. most of the stuff that they give now is just disposable underwear, and that is basically used by somebody who is just dribbling, or releasing a little bit of this and a little bit of that. These type of garments are not usable if you if you have a full bladder you cannot release it without on the floor. The reason why I ask for different diapers in my case was because that's exactly what I was doing, and I was expecting a diaper would be exactly what I thought it would be plastic backed and soft and able to deal with what I'm releasing.

Of course the best thing about being incontinent is that if you're incontinent and you like your diapers, that makes you also a diaper lover period from time to time I will put on a little for big diaper, that has all of the designs and everything else, just because I feel like doing it. I don't put those diapers on too often, because they're so expensive and you have to keep buying them 1/2 or three at a time from Amazon and that can be a little bit of cost prohibitive, even when you have A few diapers. I don't mind being in colorful diapers, and I don't mind looking cute, or feeling that way inside. however, a diaper is a diaper, and it should be built so that it can withstand to be able to hold whatever you need to release. most diaper companies don't understand that particular philosophy, and the insurance companies don't understand that you want quality, and not quantity. If you have to buy 300 diapers and use 100 of them To double up what you're wearing, then that doesn't make very economical sense. when I talk to Medicaid they just said you'll have to double or triple up, and I told them that that is not what I'm going to do, because that doesn't help anything. All you're doing is making it worse.

Irregardless of the survey, I need my diapers because of Incontinence: the best thing is to have a diaper that works for you, and that doesn't necessarily mean that the diaper I'm using will work for you either. sometimes diapers are more expensive because that's the diaper that you chose, but I'm still advocating for a type of diaper that is not really cheap but able to hold what you are releasing. it should have the quality of a megamax without the price, but that would be kind of ridiculous. even if you had a middle of the road diaper, the diaper should not be falling apart or causing problems for the wearer, because a diaper is usually worn For maybe two to three to maybe 4 hours, or at night you may put a diaper on and wear it all night. a Mega Max can handle all of that, because they have a 12 hour capacity. As I said, I don't mind cuteness and I don't mind looking cute, and I don't even mind wearing pink diapers, cause they are cool. my concern is that the thing is functional and that it works for me. Second of that is the fetish, because it is kind of cool, and the type of diapers I wear remind me of the diapers I used to wear as a kid, and no diaper that's ever out there now could ever be the same as a diaper I wore as a kid. Noted, that a diaper of the 70s probably doesn't have a third of the capacity of any diaper that's currently on the market to day, but nobody can ever tell you that a pampers diaper of the 70s or the 80s or the 90s even could hold a candle to the Pampers diapers that they have now. Of course a pampers diaper is designed for a baby, their bladders are going to be a heck of a lot smaller than mine as an adult, so they might release a lot less, but the problem is is that these new diapers don't have much plastic if at all, and even if they did I don't even think it matters because all the plastic does is probably hold The tabs to the diaper itself, and there's nothing really plastic about the entire diaper. My priority is to be able to use a diaper to its extent that it is usable, because that's what it's there for, it is not there to be a pretty wall hanging that you're wearing, you're wearing your underwear, you're wearing your bathroom, so you should be able to use it without fear that you're going to leak or you're going to cause a mess.

Brian

• Like 2
On 11/2/2022 at 6:46 PM, Sailor Snow said:

A combination of all 3 i guess. I do want a diaper that can hold enough and fits well, but i do consider the cost a lot to. As for the fasion i dont really buy to many abdl diapers becaus of the cost, but have bought some abdlish clothes that i really love.

You ailed it!!!!

• Like 2

I'd rank them in this order:

Function

Finance

Fashion 

When I started out I used to buy cheap diapers because they were easy to get my hands on, and, every once in a while I would splurge on something ABDL, cute, and usually expensive, and my purchase was driven primarily by how much I liked the way the item looked. 

Now, wearing diapers 24/7, function comes first practically all the time. Diapers (or any other accessory) are useless to me if they aren't reliable and functional. Next in line comes the cost, because I go through a decent number of diapers in a week, but I give more consideration to the use cost than to the unit cost, and I find that, in many cases, more expensive diapers cost less because they last a lot longer. I'd rather spend $4 on a diaper I can wear all day, than $1.50 on a diaper that I have to toss every 3 hours. 

Fashion still plays a role in my decision making; I have an AB side for sure, and I wear printed diapers probably 50% of the time. Sometimes I will even splurge on a more expensive product, because the design calls to me, BUT, only if they also work well as diapers. Examples would be Rearz' Critter Caboose or Mermaid Tale, or the ABU Little Kings/Alphagators - in Canada, these come in at like $6+ per diaper typically, but, they're all decent diapers. Whereas there are some products on the market that are designed strictly for "play" - they look cute, maybe like vintage Pampers or whatever, but, you need be sitting on a towel and you can't leave the house if you're wearing one. They're more of a diaper costume than they are an actual diaper. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I'd rank them in this order:

Function

Finance

Fashion 

When I started out I used to buy cheap diapers because they were easy to get my hands on, and, every once in a while I would splurge on something ABDL, cute, and usually expensive, and my purchase was driven primarily by how much I liked the way the item looked. 

Now, wearing diapers 24/7, function comes first practically all the time. Diapers (or any other accessory) are useless to me if they aren't reliable and functional. Next in line comes the cost, because I go through a decent number of diapers in a week, but I give more consideration to the use cost than to the unit cost, and I find that, in many cases, more expensive diapers cost less because they last a lot longer. I'd rather spend $4 on a diaper I can wear all day, than $1.50 on a diaper that I have to toss every 3 hours. 

Fashion still plays a role in my decision making; I have an AB side for sure, and I wear printed diapers probably 50% of the time. Sometimes I will even splurge on a more expensive product, because the design calls to me, BUT, only if they also work well as diapers. Examples would be Rearz' Critter Caboose or Mermaid Tale, or the ABU Little Kings/Alphagators - in Canada, these come in at like $6+ per diaper typically, but, they're all decent diapers. Whereas there are some products on the market that are designed strictly for "play" - they look cute, maybe like vintage Pampers or whatever, but, you need be sitting on a towel and you can't leave the house if you're wearing one. They're more of a diaper costume than they are an actual diaper. 

Well shoot, not much more I can add that you haven't already said! I'm in the exact same boat, nearly word for word.

I think the only other bit I'll add is that while I like pretty print diapers, and would *love* to use them if they were affordable, but they're usually so expensive I just don't feel like it's worth bothering. Plus whatever diaper I use is almost-always wrapped in a cover of some sort, so that's where I usually put the pretty prints if I want them; reusable and colorful, and functional like I need it.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 9:28 AM, Thickpasticpants said:

I've tried nearly every type and brand and homed in on Better Dry for overnight use. They even need a booster, but they are far better than any other diaper I have used. Yes, they are costly, but price versus getting up soaked or leaked through makes them a worthwhile for me. I

Same here, but for some reason I don't use a booster. Perhaps that would help cut down usage from two a day to one. Do you need the booster to extend change time or just to prevent leaks? I've only had one/two leaks since I switched to Better Dry.

the "all/none" did not have its own checkbox, which left is sort of attached to "Financial"

Missing was "Authenticity". If you are from a time more than 50 years past, you are going to have to use current things to stand in for things no longer in existence. Example; The majority of modern babydolls look nothing like a little girl would be put int  in 1952. If it is enve a real babydoll, the panties are little more than a G-string. Part of why a girl was put in a babydoll at 5 years of age was to train her to hide her panties. A proper babydoll was at least half-way to the knee to be "decent" and the panties were very full and with about 5 or 6 rows of lace ruffles that went all the way around, although more often than not, the panties would be omitted in favor of a thick diaper and rubber panties to really drive the point home. That is the point where function and 'fashion" met. The "ideal" babydoll had a certain look to it, high-wasted, loose-fitting and cute. try to find that today. That is a casw where "function"; just barely decent to cause the person to have to think about her panties showing, "fashion"; short, full-circle or loosely fitting skirt and full , somewhat frilly panties,  and authenticity, late '40s to early '60's would meet. In terms of rubber panties, full cut would be best so they could fit over multiple or bulky diapers would be very functional Estetically they would "look right" in the AB/Little world. As for authenticity, may of the late '40's to early '50's did not have "forward facing" leg holes but were like to rear halves put together and when worn looked like full panties with wide crotches and very short bloomer legs or something out of the late Middle Ages or early Rennassance  and could gobble up 3 diapers or 2 very thick ones. Printed rubber panties did not come out in significant numbers until at least 1955 or so. This would bear on "authenticity". Nothing that let the panties or diaper show would be put on a little girl since the parents that did that would be the subject of "discussion" all over the neighborhood and may get a talking-to by one or two of the neighbors about being a pig. Panties and diapers were kept hidden from sight

zmy priority is authenticity, which includes function and fashion

I buy diaper flannel, terry cloth and Zorb3 and make my own diapers/soakers and PUL waterproof pants. Unfortunately, my fabric supplier got bought out by Amazon so I'll have to see where I can get my supplies next time I need to make more diapers.

• 1 year later...

Strangely enough, I actually buy my diapers on Amazon so I can use my cash back points on my credit card and pretty much get my diapers for FREE!  That said, I also choose diapers that I can have delivered on specific days.  I only get to wear Monday night - Wednesday Evening (while Hubby is away) so if I am low on diapers, I want them to arrive while he is gone so I have less explaining to do.  Free Shipping with arrival on Tuesdays.

Aside from that, I like my diapers to be functional but I don't want to wear boring Hospital/Medical grade diapers either.  If I am going to be a baby girl, i want to dress the part right down to my pretty pink bum cover.  Most of the time my diapers are covered up by my clothing anyway, but knowing I am wearing a squishy pink wet diaper under my jeans just makes me happy so WHY not if they cost the same?

• Like 1

Before people got "too rich" , mostly through the debt machine called "consumer credit", and the memories of the Depression were fresh. Most of these were inter-related. Form followed function. The reason why rubber panties are so full-cut, and were more so in the late 1940's and early '50's was to accommodate thicker or up to 3 diapers. Dresses and skirts and the new babydolls were short to accommodate changing. Thus , full-cut panties and short, often full-circle skirts became iconic and fashionable for toddler and very little girls. If you were going on a trip to Grandma's house, some 4 hours away, even at almost 8, it was often in a diaper, rubber panties and a short, full skirted dress and this was accepted as "fashionable". As I said, the memories of the Depression were still fresh in the minds of 20 - 35 year old parents so you wanted more bang for the buck and knew how to get it. Disposable systems existed as long ago as 1939., but it was understood that you did not have money to, litterally, piss away, which is why throw-aways did not become common until the late 1960's, used by the Baby Boomers who, for the most part, grew up in the prosperity that started in the very late '40's and who were spoiled rotten. Then, to make it worse, two things happened. The "sexual revolution" which made it all right for one's panties to show, which started the sexualixzation of children, and consumer credit, which, by making debt no longer a thing of shame, enabled persons to indulge in the delusion of living like the rich by living beyond their means. This severed the connection of form, function and finance, with the modern situation of persons being up to their eyeballs in hock, also made worse by the increase in taxes as a percentage of expenditures. Some time look up the components of Cost of Living over the last 70 years and wee which has risen the most. Also, the declining birth rate means that baby items are not to be expected to suffice for more than, at most, 2 children, where, before, it was expected that they should last for 3 or more. However prices for such things have still risen

For me, the keyword is "authenticity", which looks back to a time when form, function and finance were integrated in the decision. Consequently, I do better financially and what I have looks like what was around then (1948-5). people were thrifty so they got what worked best, which then looked "right" and became the fashion standard

I picked all three. I like my diapers too work very well,  hold a lot and not leak. I try to get them on sale. I don't want to spend more than I need to.  And, I  like certain prints on my diapers. 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:07 AM, Spanky said:

I picked all three. I like my diapers too work very well,  hold a lot and not leak. I try to get them on sale. I don't want to spend more than I need to.  And, I  like certain prints on my diapers. 

Same for me