LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nocturia and Bedwetting

Hi All. This might be a bit of a strange question. I've developed some stress/OAB issues about a year and a half ago, for reasons unknown to my doctor, which disrupted my life a decent amount. I manage during the daytime through strict living and am currently working that out on its own, but my nighttime issues are a bit different. I developed nocturia thanks to the oab and now wake up at least once most nights to a full bladder and have to tip toe to the bathroom which just gives me a poor sleep cycle and leaves me fairly tired. I've asked this on other forums, but want to get as much advice as possible, since the consequences are pretty big.

What I wanted to know is if I decide to wear pullups at night to deal with this, will I end up becoming a bedwetter? I'm not really ready for that. Also, if I did use protection at night, would this effect my daytime issues at all?

It generally takes a significant amount of time when trying to become a bed wetter.   It's going to depend on what your plan is.  If you are going to wake up wet the diaper then go back to sleep over time it might become a habit and could become a bedwetter.  this usually takes months if not years to accomplish.  I don't see how the pullup would be beneficial if you are going to wet and then change still gotta get out of bed.  Loss of continence in one area can defiantly effect it in others.

• Like 1

You need to make a choice,

If you want to achieve Better Sleep Cycles, stay Hydrated, and wake up feeling Fresh and Fully-Charged,

You should put on a Diaper before bed,

And when you wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee,

Release all the urine directly into your Diaper, and then almost immediately you will be able to fall back asleep.

I STRONGLY suggest you also invest in a Re-Usable Absorbant Underpad,

(NorthShore makes a Great one.)

As well as comfortable waterproof sheets.

Keep in mind, Pullups are more expensive, and don't typically hold a full bladder release.

Non-ABDL style Diapers are the most economical.

Request some sample sizes and when you find your size and brand,

Try Ordering a Case if you're happy with how you feel waking up

in a Diaper every morning.

I Promise you it's a million times better than you might think.

I have to say, if your waking up with a full bladder, well, a pull up will not cut it. They are only good for, well, minor dribble, anything more and its not going to hold it, and will leak all over the place.

If your serious about wanting to get good sleep, and being able to stay in bed rather than hoping up and running to the bathroom, your best bet is going to be a diaper. Specialy if your going to be able to wet, turn over and go back to sleep. Me, I tend to get up 3 times a night with the need to pee, being able to wear a diaper means I am able to get right back to sleep. On the other hand, you might need something better than the horrable store brand diapers. They are expensive, but, get something that will last you the whole night, and a little more. Umm, look for a 10 hour diaper, if you sleep an average of 8 hours a night. If thats more than you need you can start lowering the absorbancy of the diaper your using, tell you get the one thats just right for your issue.

My "fun" started off with occasional nocturia.  Then an illness hit, and between the illness, medications used to get over it, and the way my body was made, it switched it to nocturnal enuresis - bed-wetting...   After hitting every night on the medication, it switched to occasional nocturnal enuresis after I got off it.  Doctor expected it to go away.  It never did.  Now with reduced bladder capacity as a result of BPH, if I get a good nights sleep and stay properly hydrated, I'll be in a wet diaper in the morning with no knowledge of when it happened....

So if you start using your diaper at night (while awake) to get better sleep, don't be surprised if you eventually get to the point of not waking to perform the act....  If how you sense things (nervous system) is better than mine (i.e. closer to "normal"), it might never happen or take a while.  If  you have trouble with how you sense / feel things, it could set in fairly quickly....

Best wishes....

Not much to add really except for that my direct, lived experience is that after several months of deliberately voiding in my diaper in bed during the night as comfort required, bedwetting appeared.  It was rare at first but slowly became more common over time.

As plenty of others have said though, with a pull-up, you really WILL be "wetting the bed".  The pull-up won't cut it.  On the one hand, dealing with wet bedding will be annoying but on the other hand, I suspect confidence in your diapers is a prerequisite for developing sleep wetting and with pull ups, you won't have that ?

• Like 2

I agree you would need actual diapers if you want to just wet in them instead of getting out of bed to pee.  Over time it could cause you to wet in your sleep.  Get used to it at age 25.  The older you get, the more you will need to pee in the middle of the night.  At age 64, I average getting up to pee anywhere from 3 to 6 times a night on average, and no, I do not want to wear diapers to bed or have to depend on wearing them to keep my bed dry at night.  I try and get a full 8 hours of sleep and when IO wake up to pee, I do so and back to bed and back to sleep.  Another option would be a portable urinal pee bottle with a snap on lid.  Keep it on your night stand or dresser and when you wake up to pee, use it instead of having to go walk to the bathroom to use the toilet.  I often do that even though my bathroom is right across the hall from my bedroom.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:07 PM, CodHero24 said:

I STRONGLY suggest you also invest in a Re-Usable Absorbant Underpad,

(NorthShore makes a Great one.)

Request some sample sizes and when you find your size and brand,

Try Ordering a Case if you're happy with how you feel waking up

Good advice. It helps too when you give multiple sources for obtaining diapers. Some of them are LL Medico, XP Medical, Babykins, etc. Any other places where you like to get your medical/ABDL diapers? The more, the better.

I'd echo most of what has been said. If you plan to wet "in the bed", rather than wetting "the bed", pull-ups will not do, good sir. You need diapers, and decent ones, ideally with a cover as well, depending on what position you tend to sleep in. Cloth diapers are the iron-clad best for side-sleepers, although they involve a lot of follow-up work, obviously. 

I've been wearing diapers to bed for about 4 years now. Early on in this adventure, I slept in them just because I liked to, and because it was a way to spend half my time in diapers, before I made the leap and went 24/7 about 3.5 years ago. Back when I was just "cosplaying" wearing diapers, I'd wet them here and there, but not habitually. However, once I started wearing them everywhere, all the time, and my "cruising range" started to decline because I got into the habit of peeing every 30 minutes or so, I began deliberately using my overnight diapers because it was way more convenient then getting up. And, gradually, I started finding myself occasionally waking up in a wet diaper that I didn't remember wetting. Particularly while drinking. 

These days, I pretty much have to sleep in diapers, because I can go two or three weeks without wetting the bed, but then wet it twice in two days - it's unpredictable. So, wearing and using diapers in bed will possibly lead you down the path of needing to wear diapers to bed. I do not believe that will bleed over into your daytime continence, however. I've been wearing diapers for a long time and I can still hold it (uncomfortably) during the day. Not for as long as I used to, but, I am by no means incontinent during the day. At night... sometimes. Not that I mind. I was getting irritate with having to wake up and pee. 

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

Good advice. It helps too when you give multiple sources for obtaining diapers. Some of them are LL Medico, XP Medical, Babykins, etc. Any other places where you like to get your medical/ABDL diapers? The more, the better.

I've recently started to use cloth diapers with a diaper cover, which works best for me.  In the past, the hassle of cleaning the used diaper, the fact that they are expensive on an individual basis, and the difficulty I had with getting a good fit.   I think what I use now might work, so each use is lowering my per unit cost.   I used a prefolded diaper with velcro fasteners and they started to deteriorate in about ten uses. which made it more expensive.  They are now used as stuffers for the diapers that I use now.

I don't know how environmentally efficient they are compared to the disposables.  I run then through a speed wash in the morning to rinse out the pee before putting them in the diaper pail.  If I don't the smell is terrible, and definitely not worth it.  Cloth diapers work, but they aren't a good product for newbies.