LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

UK CONDOLENCS

Lil Leo

She lived a long a rich life through so many decades, wars, scandals within her country, partisan groups, terrorists and economic troubles.  All that yet she was a shining example of someone who you always looked up to no matter how bad things seemed at the time. 

• Like 4

She was the head of state for 15 countries (commonwealth realms technically), not just the UK.

The six largest ones for which she was Queen are Australia, Canada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and of course, the United Kingdom (itself comprised of the countries of England, Norther Island, Scotland and Wales).

It’s quite a realm.

Although expected, it was quite a strange feeling waking up to the news.  Normal radio programs on the Government broadcaster here are suspended and even the commercial stations are generally doing something to mark the occasion.

As for most of us within the Commonwealth of countries, the Queen is somebody we have grown up with for all of our lives.  Things will be different from now.

I myself, am at heart, not a monarchist.  I cannot quite accept the concept of hereditary rule.  Having said that, if you have to have a monarch, she is my pick.  There was one level-headed, cool cucumber with a sense of obligation and duty larger than the Commonwealth she presided over and a longitudinal perspective that could unfailingly see past the political follies spawned by self-interest and the short term political cycles of the Governments beneath her.

I am sad to see her go.

• Like 4

I also send my condolences to everyone in the United Kingdom, because the queen of England was like the best thing that happened in my opinion, because she ended up teaching everyone many things, based on her experience. Many people may not agree with the queen, or the royal family, and they may think of something else to make it political, but I now stand with my friends in the United Kingdom, and say that I send my deepest condolences and my best wishes to everyone in the United Kingdom, and every realm that she had a part of. Queen Elizabeth the second it was an incredible lady, almost as tough as the Iron Lady, Baroness Thatcher, otherwise known as Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher: known as the Iron Lady, she got the stuff done, and Queen Elizabeth the second was the finest person that I could ever see in the history of the world. The reason I see that is because she has been widely known for 70 years on the throne. I'm still a little bit in a daze and shock, because there are a lot of people who will have to do a lot of traveling in the next 10 to 15 days. May the United Kingdom and the royal family gain a blessing from the Lord as we move forward, and as King Charles the third takes the throne!

Rest in peace your majesty Queen Elizabeth the 2nd Colin may you always be rest in peace, knowing that you have done your deed for your country and your countrymen and women. You are a fine example of a woman who decided long ago that she would make sure that everyone in the country was well taken care of

Brian

• Like 2
2 hours ago, oznl said:

She was the head of state for 15 countries (commonwealth realms technically), not just the UK.

The six largest ones for which she was Queen are Australia, Canada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and of course, the United Kingdom (itself comprised of the countries of England, Norther Island, Scotland and Wales).

It’s quite a realm.

Although expected, it was quite a strange feeling waking up to the news.  Normal radio programs on the Government broadcaster here are suspended and even the commercial stations are generally doing something to mark the occasion.

As for most of us within the Commonwealth of countries, the Queen is somebody we have grown up with for all of our lives.  Things will be different from now.

I myself, am at heart, not a monarchist.  I cannot quite accept the concept of hereditary rule.  Having said that, if you have to have a monarch, she is my pick.  There was one level-headed, cool cucumber with a sense of obligation and duty larger than the Commonwealth she presided over and a longitudinal perspective that could unfailingly see past the political follies spawned by self-interest and the short term political cycles of the Governments beneath her.

I am sad to see her go.

And there were quite a few more countries she was Queen of when she got the job!

Honestly, I can't stand the royal family but I liked the Queen enough I suppose. I think a lot of us who don't like the monarchy had a soft spot for the Queen but she was not all sunshine and roses either. A story came out last year that she forbade any minorities working at her residences for instance. There's a lot of things that belie the image a lot of people have of her as a cuddly granny.

With her gone it really should be the end of the monarchy. I imagine it will see a spike in popularity in the next few weeks but after that it will sink a lot. Charles isn't particularly liked. Harry is hated because he had the temerity to marry someone with brown skin, William is racist, Andrew is a pedo... It would be a great time to see the lot of them off.

• Confused 1

RIP your Majesty, thank you for your years of wisdom and wit, regardless of what all the nay sayers say...

??

Now the crown goes to an unwilling, unwanted, disliked, incompetent nincompoop!!!??

• Like 2

Its a shame some people feel the need to hijack this thread to voice their opinions about bigger issues, ill informed or not, could you have not chosen another thread for that sort of rant, and leave this as a respectful thread for people to pay their respects.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
5 hours ago, LilFozzyJ5 said:

Its a shame some people feel the need to hijack this thread to voice their opinions about bigger issues, ill informed or not, could you have not chosen another thread for that sort of rant, and leave this as a respectful thread for people to pay their respects.

Well said.

5 hours ago, LilFozzyJ5 said:

I agree.  It's like telling Mrs. Lincoln they shouldn't have gone to the theater! 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, LilFozzyJ5 said:

Well said could not have said it better.

• Thanks 1

Being a royalist  it's a sad time that we have lost our queen .

I was worried that king Charles the III wouldn't make a good king but after his speach and him meeting the public  I think we are in a safe pair of hands 

Love live king charles the III

• Like 1
On 9/9/2022 at 3:42 AM, Dee Cee said:

I know there are millions of people , who loved and are mourning, her death , but I think that the “royal family” should have been cut off the payroll , after ww2 , they are a huge drain on the economy , over there , and don’t do , anything , but eat , drink , the best of everything , shit , and give the people , at least some of them , a group to look up to ! Yeah right , tell me 3 things they did for anybody , in the world lately , I’m just a yank , so what do I know ? In lighten me !

What an ignorant, stupid post. They are not a ‘drain on the economy’, far from it. They generate huge income for the country and cost almost nothing. If you really want three things, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, The Princes Trust and the preservation of the amazing history of our great country. 

Do us all a favour and go and read something about the Royal family and the history of the UK, good and bad, then make you judgement, then keep it to yourself.

• Like 1

My perspective through all of this is clouded by what was going on with me personally at the same time.  At the same time, the Queen was nearing her last moments, my dad (11 years younger) was brought to the hospital  at the same time, so my emotional energy was with him- but fortunately, his scare is over.

Once my scare is over, I can begin to process her death.   As a liberal American, I shouldn't worship a nobility- but she had a job- and did it well.   I don't know if she trully understood the life of Mrs. Johnstone, but I sense the many of the characters would be mourning QEII's death.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:39 AM, Dee Cee said:

The royal family , are just like the Jefferson’s on tv here back in the 70’s or 80’s , what’s all the big fuss about ?

Yeah , he cheated on his wife , and maybe had her killed , bow down to him , yeah , not on yer life , how in the hell did I get here ? 

He marriage  to Diana was queen mum and Barbara cartland doing he should of married camilla  in the first place. Which he had the choice to   I dont think diana  would of made a good queen she wanted the limelight to much  

• Like 1

R.I.P. Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, Queen 1952-2022, and respected by most, including here in Ireland.

In relation to Charles taking over, I personally don't think the he, or his partner Camilla, have the respect of the people to take that role. It would have been better if his son, William was crowned King, with Catherine Middleton as Queen. Time will tell.

7 hours ago, babykeiff said:

R.I.P. Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, Queen 1952-2022, and respected by most, including here in Ireland.

In relation to Charles taking over, I personally don't think the he, or his partner Camilla, have the respect of the people to take that role. It would have been better if his son, William was crowned King, with Catherine Middleton as Queen. Time will tell.

Probably.  It's a hard act to follow, the longest reigning queen in the history of England.  People loved Diana, Gorilla Parker Bowles, not so much.  I would bet after 70 years anyone would not be able to measure up to the queen in the eye of the nation.  At his age of 73, King Charles probably won't be King for more than 20 years or so, then William can take over.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:39 AM, Dee Cee said:

The royal family , are just like the Jefferson’s on tv here back in the 70’s or 80’s , what’s all the big fuss about ?

Yeah , he cheated on his wife , and maybe had her killed , bow down to him , yeah , not on yer life , how in the hell did I get here ? 

Interesting, but whereas I know who the Royal family are, I have never heard of ‘theJefferson’s’. Rather telling don’t you think. 

You could educate yourself by reading some history and you may understand their significance to the UK and the world.

13 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Probably.  It's a hard act to follow, the longest reigning queen in the history of England.  People loved Diana, Gorilla Parker Bowles, not so much.  I would bet after 70 years anyone would not be able to measure up to the queen in the eye of the nation.  At his age of 73, King Charles probably won't be King for more than 20 years or so, then William can take over.

Yes, the Queen would be a hard act to follow, she was an exceptional lady, but your ‘gorilla’ comment is unnecessary, she is  a very gracious lady who works in the background behind King Charles, so I doubt you have much of an idea as to what she does. Don’t dismiss Charles so quickly. It has been he who has tried to get the world to listen re climate change. He has encouraged thousands of kids, many from troubled backgrounds, to better themselves and learn new skills, through the Prince Trust. He is no slouch!  As for Diana, you say ‘people loved Diana’, but I did not, she did not behave so well her self while Charles gets all the blame. She has been put on some pedestal because she died in a car crash.

Look at the times that Queen Elizabeth lived in. World war, IRA bombings, etc, we don’t have those events to contend with at the moment, but if we did King Charles and the whole royal family would behave in the same way, (except possibly Harry and Megan). I would hope that the rest of the nation would also, but I am not sure. Unfortunatly the ‘republicans’ among us do not understand what the royal family stand for and how they unite this country through their longevity and the history of the UK. It is not a perfect history, but who’s is? Just look at France, Russia, Germany, Spain, Italy etc, but through it all the Royal family have given the UK gravitas and status. Many are jealous of the wealth or the fact that they are unelected, but we have an elected head/government that operate the state, but we have a bonus of our history. ‘The Firm’ as it is know, bring in fantastic wealth to the country from tourism. People come to see the great artworks, palaces, military pagentry etc, which you don’t see anywhere else in the world. These things did not happen over night, they have been created over considerable time, through ages when we all behaved differently. If they had not been collected and collated we would not be able to see/enjoy them now. 

I wish King Charles a long and happy reign. I thank Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth for all her long reign, wisdom, stoicism and optimism.