LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Beer, Coffee, and Diapers

This is mostly directed towards those of us that are wearing 24/7 or as close to it as we want to. I acknowledge that many true incon sufferers have bladders that are irritated by caffeine or alcohol and understandably abstain from such activities 

Since  March of 2020 I’ve been mostly diapered 24/7 for wetting. I still have lots of control. I’m not actively trying to loose bladder capacity but I see a point where it would  degrade slowly as I continue to wear diapers as my primary style of undergarment  and drift into a dripping-very-often -phase as opposed to flooding every few hours. I’m entirely at peace with whatever comes but not rushing to become diapered dependent

An obstacle in deciding when to not wear is going to the bar or having  a few beers with friends. After roughly two craft ales of some variety I feel like I have to pee  constantly and high quality disposables and plastic pants can’t keep up. I don’t feel embarrassed to wear diapers in any public setting but usually opt not to in this scenario because it simply feels like a hassle. I’d really like not to feel this way and enjoy IPAs with buddies and use  my diapers as required while not drawing  attention to close friends who I’ve known for many years, or work colleagues, that I suddenly bring a bag into the bathroom. The same goes for a coffee in the morning. Anything more then a cup and my bladder goes off. Its almost as if those of us who enjoy diapers are destined to drink only one coffee a day. My best strategy so far if I’m at a bar Is to wear and use diapers according but also use the potty monster. This extends the life of my diaper under such heavy usage until I’m home or somewhere easier to manage a change. 

Most of the time, I’m used to peeing every five minutes and staying relaxed as possible. This works well except in situations outlined above where liquid intake is higher. I’m looking at the more experienced of us beer enjoying 24/7ers (1&2) for some insight here. After a few beers are you so used to dripping consistently always that your diaper lasts the duration or do you still flood in large volumes and or sneak away for a change as needed. All in all I concede this a minor inconvenience but this is maybe the last and only situation where I still opt for “regular”, non padded underwear?

• Like 2

Couple of things here, one obvious is that coffee,tea and alcohol are all dyuretics, which make you pee.....and dehydrate you. So this scenerio requires some "fluid management" 

1) wear a heavy duty diaper ( ie mega max) with a booster if needed.

2) this might sound wrong, but if you are planning a bar visit, stop fluid (water) intake earlier. The less you take in, the less you put out, making your preferred diaper last longer. You can catch up on hydration once you leave the bar....if you can....?

3) as mentioned above, use a booster, or 2, they hold a TON and really help the diaper you are wearing go a long way. I read in these forums some people using 2 boosters inside a mega max!! ?? now, to me, this is severe over kill, but then, they might also have a much higher out put than I do ( although I do try to drink at least 2 quarts of water a day) 

These are just my ramblings, your mileage might vary.....

Have fun!

Many things here, coffee, alcohol and tea will make you pee. It's why you watch what you drink because they can do a number on your diaper

3 hours ago, carsfan said:

Since  March of 2020 I’ve been mostly diapered 24/7 for wetting. I still have lots of control. I’m not actively trying to loose bladder capacity but I see a point where it would  degrade slowly as I continue to wear diapers as my primary style of undergarment  and drift into a dripping-very-often -phase as opposed to flooding every few hours. I’m entirely at peace with whatever comes but not rushing to become diapered dependent

It's why I wear diapers because I am diaper dependent, Incontinent and being an adult baby, I am required to be in them 24/7/365. I'm never gona be getting out of them anytime soon and I'm okay with that. It's why Diapers are my shorts and underwear that I wear.

One word, Boosters. I use them in my diapers and they help keep me diapered and I don't have to worry about having to constantly do diaper changes. 

• Like 1

I agree that it's all manageable, as long as you adapt.  Don't drink for a couple of hours before you go out to the pub.  Don't expect to get away with extended beer drinking.  I manage fine when I go to the pub for 2 or even 3 pints, but there's only a couple of hours between starting to drink and getting home again.  Eat something when you're drinking - that delays liquids getting through your system.  I drink wine if I think I'm going to be drinking away from home for a longer period.  Boosters of course.  And consider giving up coffee altogether.  I've not drunk coffee for decades.  It messes up your system in many ways, and makes your wee smelly too.

40 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Coffee isn't really a diuretic.
Neither is beer.

Actually,  they are.  Caffeine is a very mild diuretic though.    Alcohol on the other hand, inhibits vasopressin which is what tells your kidneys to conserve water, so yes it is a diuretic.   Of course, the large amounts of water in both  increase the amount of urination notwithstanding the diuretic effect.

• Like 2
On 7/17/2022 at 8:22 AM, BabyJune said:

It pickles your insides, causes drunk driving fatalities and domestic abuse.

I don't drive when drinking. I dont hit or abuse my wife, nor pickle my insides

• Like 1

This is one of thoes times you need to deside how your going to want to move forward from here. You still have control your saying, thus, you could just hit the bathroom requently.  Thats one way at lest. Another is to except that you need to wear diapers. Bring a diaper bag with some spare diapers, and expect that your going to have to change at lest once when your out drinking. Third option is to basicly give up on drinking/nights out.

Really it depends on what your wanting to do with your life, if you want to be in diapers, and go out drinking, plan for it, take a diaper bag and a couple spare diapers. Except that someone will notice eventualy, cause it will happen. Heck, comer up with excuses, such as, 'Just in case' or lots of other posabilitys. To be honest, most people will never notice. The ones that do, most will not care, but there will be a handfull that will maybe want to try and make fun of you over it. If your carefull you can turn it around on them, heck, one or two might even be smart enough to see the conveniance of wearing a diaper when out and about.

Heck, know some norms that started to wear diapers when they go to the theater, just so they do not have to run to the bathroom in the middle of a movie. Its actualy becoming common in some places for commuters to wear diapers on there commute, cause trying to make the bathroom when you in  packed crowd, well, people get tired of wetting there pants. There was a news report about the people at the new years eve thing in NYC wearing diapers as well, just because of how hard it was to make it to a bathroom.

Its not 30 years ago when diapers where total taboo, considered a horrable kink.

7 hours ago, Dartplayerinwvc said:

I don't drive when drinking. I dont hit or abuse my wife, nor pickle my insides

If drinking alcohol was good for you, then your doctor would prescribe it. My doctor is pleased that we don't drink...or smoke.

3 hours ago, BabyJune said:

If drinking alcohol was good for you, then your doctor would prescribe it. My doctor is pleased that we don't drink...or smoke.

Doctors recommended you drank alcohol in the olden days, and its still healthy to consume a little alcohol.

ONE glass of wine or A beer is fine, but people rarely stop with just one.. 

3 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Nobody said it was good for you.  Just that not everyone who drinks is a spouse beater or a reckless driver.

There are friendly drunks and mean drunks.  Your disposition when drunk is your true personality, since your sober inhibitions are removed.  A drunk spouse-beater was a bad person with major issues to begin with.  And yes, those people shouldn't drink.

To the actual question at hand, do the crime, do the time.  Once you master discreet changes and have the confidence to carry a bag to the restroom, you can change whenever you need it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I'm glad I saw that comma in the title of this forum.  All I could imagine is beer coffee.  YUCK!  The worst craft beer ever made!

How about "craft coffee" --- made from the beans eaten by some animal, then pooped out!    ?

15 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I've actually seen the recommendation to drink one glass of (red?) wine a day.  Dr. agreed there was some potential benefit, but also was fine with how I handle things.  I also don't drink alcohol.  Only exception is when it is in the Christian Eukerist / Communion setting.

6 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I'm glad I saw that comma in the title of this forum.  All I could imagine is beer coffee.  YUCK!  The worst craft beer ever made!

I'm more of an IPA man myself, and I don't know if there has been a coffee-flavored IPA.  It might suck.

But: I'd happily try any of on this list.

https://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/best-coffee-beers/