LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

my thoughts on Gas Prices

its ridiculous, i thought it was a nut punch to fill up at 3.69, but here it jumped to 4.29, talk about pain at the pump, OUCH! goods and services are gonna be more painful too, wouldnt be too bad if we still had that pipeline open....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Plain and simple: CAPITALISM. And you will never get the government to control prices--not since Jimmy Carter had a wage-and-price freeze during his administration If the prices are caused due to a shortage, then blame the people driving gas-guzzling SUV's and large pickup trucks when they don't really need to. A car that gets 35 miles to a gallon will get you there just as well as a gas hog that gets seven miles to a gallon.

• Confused 1

Inflation was in a drastically different situation back when Nixon/Carter were trying to curb it with the freezes.   Despite the consumer laments here, this is an entirely transitory effect.   In fact, oil is starting out lower this morning (go figure) and really nothing has happened except it's recovering form the panic of earlier in the week.

It's amazing the idiots out there however.   I had someone on one of my social media feeds try to tell me that Trump had America Energy Independent (which is only true in the gross effect and it actually was a carry over from the Obama administration).   We have never been independent on things that require petroleum (read cars and trucks).    It's not as if you can suddenly start burning coal or natural gas in your Camaro.   Even if it was electric, we're still not fully independent (but might be).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Inflation was in a drastically different situation back when Nixon/Carter were trying to curb it with the freezes.   Despite the consumer laments here, this is an entirely transitory effect.   In fact, oil is starting out lower this morning (go figure) and really nothing has happened except it's recovering form the panic of earlier in the week.

It's amazing the idiots out there however.   I had someone on one of my social media feeds try to tell me that Trump had America Energy Independent (which is only true in the gross effect and it actually was a carry over from the Obama administration).   We have never been independent on things that require petroleum (read cars and trucks).    It's not as if you can suddenly start burning coal or natural gas in your Camaro.   Even if it was electric, we're still not fully independent (but might be).

We were becoming one of the biggest NET exporters till Bidens policies. We consume closer to 70% of our own oil while using less than 30% of others oil under the Trump administration.

Regardless of anyone's opinion. Fact is gas has been steadily rising for the last 14 months under Bidens energy policies. 

My issue with radical green leftists is they want this renewable energy which is probably 200+ years away from being sustainable and will burn down ever other sector of energy to get it.

Not everyone here can afford an electric car for 60k plus, and are those really as clean... United States primary source of energy is coal plants... and last I check... thoae are not green by any means.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

My take away on most of this is, CORPORATE GREED! And it’s true, the Government does not, can not control business, sorry, it’s the other way round. Greedy Corporations control Government, and push there favorite policies, that suit their interests. 
Don’t leave yet, because it’s also true, the bad habits we all have, (like as mentioned before, and for one example), driving the big ass, gas hogging SUV’s, and high performance jobs. And there is much more, but I’ll leave it at that much. It’s just been to easy, to take the candy that’s available, and that advertising conditions us to think, we need these things, and can’t do without them. The system is bad, and we’re part of it ?‍♂️ Consumers need to drive the changes needed. You can’t expect greedy corporations, to say, no we don’t want more money! 

I wonder why so many blame corporate greed. We all refuse to do a job for less. I know as a Cisco Certified Engineer you won't catch me doing any work for less than 100k a year. That's just a fact. Why should we damn corporations for their bottom line.

We need less political red tape and more free market solutions. Problems will solve them selves with competitive pricing and competition.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've owned a PRIUS for several years.

I've been laughed at by friends, co-workers, family...

I get Road Raged because I accelerate slightly slower than gas guzzlers...

And now, my choice to help the Planet and my Wallet several years ago is paying off more and more.

All the Haters Chicken's are all coming home to Roost. (Whatever that really means...)

People say a Prius costs more upfront, which is true, but in the long run, they are cheaper.

Then they say that the materials used to make the batteries are bad for the Climate,

(But they don't have a problem getting a New Cell Phone every couple years...)

If you want to save Gas, there are some things you can do.

( 1. )   Park in the Sun in the Winter, and park in the Shade in the Summer.

( 2. )   Remove ALL "Dead Weight" from your vehicle.

( 3. )   Plan your Trips to use Right Turns Only, if you need to make several errands.

( 4. )   Consider flying to a far-away destination, instead of Road Tripping.

( 5. )   Turn off your Engine if you're parking for more than Seven Seconds.

( 6. )   Keep your windows UP while driving, and Dress appropriately for the conditions.

IE, instead of Blasting the HEAT, wear Layers and a nice SOVIET Hat.

I've known most of this stuff for Years,

and I'm posting it now for my Diaper Brothers and Sisters who might now

be interested in receiving this information...

And Most importantly,

DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Plain and simple: CAPITALISM. And you will never get the government to control prices--not since Jimmy Carter had a wage-and-price freeze during his administration If the prices are caused due to a shortage, then blame the people driving gas-guzzling SUV's and large pickup trucks when they don't really need to. A car that gets 35 miles to a gallon will get you there just as well as a gas hog that gets seven miles to a gallon.

I'm kinda surprised by this because people have demanded that the current administration to go their way in order to lower gas prices, even though I doubt it would be that easy.

4 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

You know who is LAUGHING AT US???

The Amish! With them 24inch wheels on their wagon rolling with 2 ponies!

@AwakenEvil

I believe my brother MIKE said that the price of gas is approaching $4.50 a gallon in Vermont. One of the things that everyone is probably worrying about is the fact when gas gets expensive, that it will Exceed five dollars a gallon. I’ve also heard stories of cash in the United Kingdom costing over five dollars a liter. Five dollars a gallon has never happened as far as I’m aware, and one of the things that I worry about is that without some sort of controls, gas will be $10 a gallon and everyone will be making a big killing on our dependence on oil. There are many things that we have done to improve our environment, and I have seen Toyota Prius cars myself.

for one thing, people who are doing exactly what @CodHero24Describes are road raging:  This behavior is not only stupid, confrontational, and a waste of time, but someone who is impatient, because a Toyota Prius does not accelerate to the same speed as a gas guzzling car, will cause an accident someday because they’re so impatient they want to step on the gas. I am all for trying to help the environment, as much as I can, and some of the things that I use for example, being batteries for my chairs, or my cell phone, or anything that I have that’s electronic, if they would make them so that the batteries last more than a couple of years, then a piece of equipment would last a lot longer, rather than dying real early in its life cycle.

everything @CodHero24 Gives us in his thread response above is good advice to try to help the gas crunch.  I believe the last time we saw prices and problems with fuel was back in the 70s. When people have to line up at gas pumps, and Long lines are forming, and then when they finally get to the gas pump they’re out of gas. I believe the way they fix this was to increase the amount of oil that was released, or maybe they went to OPEC. I wonder if one of these days, someone will get wise and decide that there is a way to take care of this problem without causing the price of gas to go through the roof. If OPEC has control of how much oil is released, or we have some of the power to decide how much to released from our oil reserves, then maybe this is what we need to do – the only problem is if we continue to release from our oil reserves and not restock, All we’re doing is postponing  the inevitable in the fact That eventually, we will have to find better ways to be able to get around. Gas will be expensive, and maybe this is a sign that we need to find a newer ways to take care of a problem. We have always been dependent on foreign oil, and we are not an oil producing nations as far as I can tell, or at least we can’t produce as much is OPEC,  or any of the other countries that have Oil. This is why we need to rely on other countries because we are oil dependent. Once we are able to solve that problem, we probably will see our gas prices possibly go down? Since we don’t know what will happen if we’re able to provide resources ourselves, we will be able to sit here all day and theorize what will happen, but we won’t know the truth until it happens.

It is my hope that whoever runs this country will understand that we need to be able to find better ways to do things. My pastor already has told us in our THRIFT STORE that we “have to find new ways to do things we used to do“ to that end, we have begun an assessment of what we need, what we don’t need, and we are going to be changing the way our store looks and the way it works so that it is easier to get around in, easier for me to move around in with a wheelchair, and be changing some of the rules that are in place so that we are helping more people in the community.  I guess it takes something like this, a major action like COVID-19, to make things change, and hopefully this will be for the better. At any rate, we need to find newer ways to do things we used to do, which means we meet the challenge and find a new sources of fuel – or find new ways to provide The same energy at a lower cost. This may be something that is a pipe dream, but America must find ways to provide energy sources that are safe, cost effective, and something that is abundant or able to be easily changed into energy that we can use.

it is my hope that this will happen shortly – or our gas will be $100 a gallon, and no one will be able to afford gas! When will our government realize that we are dependent on oil, and when this kind of stuff happens oil prices and gas prices go crazy?

I can only dream…..

Brian

I can't believe how many people just don't care about MPG on the highway.  They're doing 80 to 85.  That's a 20% plus reduction in mpg.  I set  my cruise control to 64 and get anywhere from 33 to 41, depending on hills.  Treat the gas pedal like an egg and don't press soo damn hard on it.  I can even get 30 mpg doing 25 (in a 25 zone).  Think about your next need to brake, do you really need to floor it to go 200 feet only to stop?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 2sail2 said:

I can't believe how many people just don't care about MPG on the highway.  They're doing 80 to 85.  That's a 20% plus reduction in mpg.  I set  my cruise control to 64 and get anywhere from 33 to 41, depending on hills.  Treat the gas pedal like an egg and don't press soo damn hard on it.  I can even get 30 mpg doing 25 (in a 25 zone).  Think about your next need to brake, do you really need to floor it to go 200 feet only to stop?

I was going 90mph in 6th gear getting nearly 30mpg going to Teddycon in my 1000hp Mustang a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

I do like beer

There was a third meme about it's now cheaper to start a coke habit and walk everywhere but I couldn't find it ?

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Huggybutt said:

There was a third meme about it's now cheaper to start a coke habit and walk everywhere but I couldn't find it ?

I've seen so many meme. I was hoping for more of that with this thread instead of a civics lesson on supply and demand!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

Bout sums it up... us 93, Race Fuel, and E85 guys are feeling the pain!

You run E85 or 93, or 110?

3 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

We were becoming one of the biggest NET exporters till Bidens policies. We consume closer to 70% of our own oil while using less than 30% of others oil under the Trump administration.

Regardless of anyone's opinion. Fact is gas has been steadily rising for the last 14 months under Bidens energy policies. 

Alas, you're basing your opinion on political rhetoric rather than facts.   There was a major perturbation in oil because of COVID, so you can't even ascribe much of the fluctuation over the past 18 months to Trump or Biden's respective policies.   In fact, of late domestic production has raped up quite a bit.   About the only "policy" that has been done by the current administration is holding up certain oil and gas leases for federal land.   This is a drop in the bucket.   There was an attempt to regulate some other things, but those were shot down by the courts (much of which blocks the administration from factoring in cost impact of climate change when setting policies).

What is true is that the administration did increase the taxes on oil and that is the stem of much of the industry (and hence their congressional toadies) complaints.

I can't wait until the electric cars and buses all need new batteries.. Lithium hates the cold.. ask any contractor with a lithium ion battery how we they work and charge on a very cold day. The idea of electric cars is a very short thinking idea.. its will be worse then trying to get rid of the spent fuel rods from the nuke plants. The burden all those electric cars and buses and trucks will put way too much demand on our already maxed out coal fired grid. This whole idea is going to explode in all of their faces. I will stick with my gasoline car and hope we get someone in the office that will open the strategic reserves and start the oil wells back up.. The united states needs to be energy independent. we have the means, but the tree huggers have an agenda. They won't be happy until we are dependent on nothing but other nations to feed us.. just like little babies. We need more people to get very very upset and vote republican. hopefully in the mid-terms we see a sea of red come election day. 

• Like 3

I owned an Chevy Bolt for 3 years, if it wasn't for the battery fire issue I would still be driving it, I asked GM to buy me out instead of waiting for the battery program to start.(got all my money back so why not)

I have owned tons of different kinds of cars,  I never had a car that cost me so little to drive, it cost me 20 to 30 a month to drive, in 3 years I put on 17K miles.(includes the car sitting in the garage doing nothing during the pandemic)

Typical summer week of driving I charged the car on sunday only, in the winter I had to charge it 3 times a week because I liked my car hot inside (you learn to regenerate power let the car make power while you are driving, every hill is an opportunity to make more power.

Typical summer week driving the Mercedes SLK I bought was at least $30, typical week in winter driving my wrangler $50 in a snow storm forget about it.

Supposedly GM will start building Bolts in April, at that time I have to make up my mind, do I wait until Subaru brings their car out ( I put a deposit on the Subembecause its a AWD although the Bolt did excellent with snows on all 4, it surprised me how well it worked) but I do live near top of a mountain.

If take care of these EV batteries they have the potential to last 15 years or more, take notice chevy Volts their batteries are still working years later.

Potential gas money savings could buy you a new battery.

Would I buy another EV dam right I would, side note, the instant power is addictive its like driving a powerful car but on an EV the power comes on instantly, no waiting for a gas engine to build power.

I surprised a few cars with the off the line power of the Bolt, I have made believers out of people that didn't know EV's moved that fast.

Am I buying another, dam right I would,  as soon as I can get my hands on the one I want.

• Thanks 1

I've had a Volt for about four years now.    Cold is not usually a problem for most of us.   The batteries in these things have both heaters (for the coldest/lowest use) and cooling (for most of the rest of the time).   What remains to be seen is the efficiency of reusing the ones that are coming out of the cars.

• Thanks 1