LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to put a Brief Diaper on Yourself

I have always had trouble putting brief diapers on myself. Maybe that's why I wear pull up diapers exclusively now. Anyone else have trouble putting brief diapers on themselves? I can't do unless I lie down and even then it's difficult for me. If I could tape the diapers up properly on myself then I might wear brief diapers more often. That's why I stick with pull up diapers right now.

• Like 1

I primarily use the but the diaper behind me and back up against the wall (or something convenient) to hold it there while I bring it up between my legs and do the tapes.

Sometimes I can just hold it between my legs and do it without other assistance.

• Like 3

When i put my Diaper on i pull up between my legs as close as possible to my crouch. Hold between my  legs, back up against the wall and stick bottom tapes as close to the front as i can, then then top tapes i usualy start from the right first. Then ajust the diaper guards. But first i fold a new diaper guards to guards fluff a bit and leave before wear usual a few days before wear. Hope that helps Mike78

• Like 2

@Mike78

What I do is a modified version of what you would do for a young child when you put a diaper on them. I will wait on a high surface like my bed, and before I put the diaper on I will flush it out by folding it in half like a banana. Then after I flatten it out and make it look like an hourglass shape, I will pull the front and the back of the diaper out a little and that activates my Leak guards.  

then I will lean back as far as I can on the bed and roll myself back.  It has the effect of raising my butt off the bed, and then once that happens I stick the diaper underneath me and pull it up between my legs.  I then have the diaper in between my legs, and I pull up so that it is between my legs. Once that is done I reach for the back of the diaper pull it up to about the center of my rear end, and then I extend the tapes on the back so that the back wings are unfurled. Once I set the back tapes in position, I didn’t spin around so that I am laying flat on the bed. Then, I just pulled a left and right sides together so that they look like they are about even and then I will attach the bottom tapes first left and right, and then I will attach the top tapes, after I make sure that my “assets“ are pointing down so that they do not squirt out of the top of the diaper when it is being worn.

of course you can use any way that works best for you to put it on, including having someone help you put it on if you are so lucky. I am small enough and wide enough so that I can roll all the way back and stick the diaper under me and then do it that way. The most important thing that you have to do is make sure that your diaper is flushed out and that you pull on the front and the back of it to extend your lead guards otherwise what will happen is you will have your first release and it will flood out of the leg holes and it will make a mess. You also want to make sure that the tapes are not covered with anything like powder lotion or anything like that. If your hands or the tapes get covered by lotions or topicals then the tapes become useless and will not stick properly.

If I have to use a topical, I will put the diaper on in position first and then roll myself to the left and right sides to be able to put on the topical that I need, and then I will make sure that I wipe my hands off before I take care of the tapes. The tapes should end up being done this way: bottom tapes pointing up, top tapes pointing down. Be careful that you don’t overdo it and tighten it so tight that it feels uncomfortable otherwise your tapes were pop!

if I have to use a topical, I will put the diaper on in position first and then roll myself to the left and right side to be able to put on the topical that I need, and then I will make sure that I wipe my hands off before I take care of the tapes. The tapes should end up being done this way: bottom tapes pointing up, top tapes pointing down. Be careful that you don’t overdo it and tighten it so tight that it feels uncomfortable otherwise your tapes will pop.  Also want to make sure that when you are pulling on them that you won’t rip the tape off the diaper and then you will have to throw it away and get another.

good luck!

Brian

• Like 1

I'll take my M-4 and open the diaper and stretch it out, pulling top and bottom. Then open the wings and smooth them then fold in half lengthwise and squeeze it all over, fluffing it and waking up the fluff inside. Then smooth out flat. 

I lay down and slide the diaper under me to a certain point and then grab the tapes on the bottom of the diaper and pull them up to ensure they are even and where I know they are at my hips. 

Then bring the front up and make sure it's even then lay the wings out and start to tape up the diaper starting with the bottom tape on each side then the top tapes making sure they are tight. All done laying down in bed 

• Like 1

I used to only put my diaper on by lying down on it, either on the bed or on a bath mat that we had on the floor of our previous bathroom, and then applying the lower tabs, and then the upper ones. However, in our new bathroom, the orientation of everything makes it harder to stretch out on the floor, and anyway, it's never terribly convenient to have to lie down on the floor 2-3 times a day. Doing it on the bed only works when nobody is home; my wife has seen me in my diaper a thousand times, but she hasn't watched me put my diaper on, and that's firewall I'm not in a hurry to breach. It's like looking at sausages, versus watching them being made.

When I was a kid, I used to be diapered while standing up a lot of the time, but I thought for a long time that you could only really get a good fit if you had someone helping you. However, I put this exact question out to the collective here a couple of years ago, and a few of you suggested what @willnotwill describes above, and this has now become my primary methodology. I open up the diaper, do a "hot dog bun" fold down the middle of it, put baby powder in it, and then I trap the back of the diaper against either a wall, or a countertop, or - and this is my favourite - a heated towel rack we have in our ensuite bathroom. I make sure I'm centered, and that the back and the front are aligned, then I attach the bottom tabs, left and right, and then the top ones. I find this fit to be as good as the one I get lying down. 

• Like 1

I put mine on standing up and have never had to lean against a wall.  I hold my diaper up in the middle in back with my left hand, pull it up between my legs in front with my right hand and have no problem at all moving my hand around to the lower left tape and taping it on.  Once that lower left tape is on, I can easily tape the lower right tape.  No problem pulling the diaper tight at the top and taping the upper left, then right tapes.  I may need to re tighten the lower left tape, but I can do it all standing in the middle of a room if need be.  Never had to use a wall to hold my diaper up while putting it on.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I put mine on standing up and have never had to lean against a wall.  I hold my diaper up in the middle in back with my left hand, pull it up between my legs in front with my right hand and have no problem at all moving ly hand around to the lower left tape and taping it on.  Once that lower left tape is on, I cam easily tape the lower right tape.  No problem pulling the diaper tight at the top and taping the upper left, then right tapes.  I may need to retighten the lower left tape, but I can do it all standing in the middle of a room if need be.  Never had to use a wall to hold my diaper up while putting it on.

I use the same procedure as demonstrated in this Abena video –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Pjcx6qahg

Laying down on the bed is easiest for me too. I spread the diaper out, that front half of the diaper hanging over the edge of the bed. I sit on the back part, make sure both sides are even and flat, then pull the backside up against my back, if it's high enough to cover my butt and touches my lower back then I'm good. I lay back and get a feel of where my sides are then tape both lower tapes then do both too tapes. Lastly I stand and pull it up as one does underwear to make sure it's snug against me. Standing up diaper changing is hard, but I found doing it in front of a full length mirror helps greatly.

• Like 2

I started diapering myself while standing awhile ago, and never looked back.

Top right tape, then the top left tape.

Bottom right tape, then the bottom left tape.

It helps if you know exactly where the top right tape needs to go.

You can use a Sharpie to mark the ideal taping spots.

Some Diapers have marks on the landing gear to help get that perfect fit.

Standing in front of a mirror while you do it also might help.

Overall, I think diapering while standing gets you a better fit, and is a valuable skill to acquire as some changing situations will require standing.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

I started diapering myself while standing awhile ago, and never looked back.

Top right tape, then the top left tape.

Bottom right tape, then the bottom left tape.

It helps if you know exactly where the top right tape needs to go.

You can use a Sharpie to mark the ideal taping spots.

Some Diapers have marks on the landing gear to help get that perfect fit.

Standing in front of a mirror while you do it also might help.

Overall, I think diapering while standing gets you a better fit, and is a valuable skill to acquire as some changing situations will require standing.

Do your parents know you love to wear diapers?? What got you into diapers in the first place?????

• 1 month later...

i have a several step process that is almost second nature to me

1- unfold, fluff, add any boosters and "taco" diaper, set aside

2- don disposable gloves, apply cream to diaper area (enough to coat in a thin layer), then apply powder (enough to remove most of the stickiness of the cream), and remove and dispose of gloves

3- take the diaper and place it between backside and wall/door jam/some vertical surface and lean back to secure diaper

4- pull diaper up between legs, adjusting leg guards for a proper fit and diaper front and back to be even. take a minute or two (or more) to do this, leaks suck! having a mirror helps, too

5- pull right front wing back and secure lower right tape, then repeat on left (or other way around, whatever's more comfortable for you)

6- the wall is no longer needed, so now stand upright. add more powder if desired, shaking diaper lightly to distribute

7- secure top tapes in the same order you secure the lower ones

8- make final adjustments to the diaper. pull wings up or down, double check leg gathers, etc etc

9- get dressed! plastic pants are in my wardrobe and great for the occasional leak, then whatever else over that. for me usually some comfy stretchy lounge pants/shorts, sometimes just flip my shirt back down, snap my onesie up, whatever!

10- enjoy being diapered! 

To put a diaper on laying down is all about position.

Requirements

1. Felt tip marker (trade name Sharpie)
  2. Measuring tape - a cloth (tailors) one is ideal. If you don't hace a tape, get a length of string that is long enough to go around your waist.
  3. Two paper clips / bull-dog clips
  4. Balloon / football / Large plushie
  5. Diaper

Process

1. Unfold the diaper so you can get it flat.
  2. Fold it in half length ways
  3. Use the crease to mark the centre of the diaper with the felt tip marker / sharpie.
  4. Use the string / tape to measure your waist from your belly button and all around to your belly button. Cut the string (take a not of the measurement) at where it meets itself. As a result, the string is your waist length.
  5. Now, with the diaper in your hand, use the paper clip to hold the rear left and the rear right.
  6. Put the balloon / football / plushie in the diaper.
  7. You should now have a ballon / football / plushie in a diaper with the diaper being held by paper clips / bull-dog clips
  8. Place the string around the diaper, and adjust the diaper smaller or larger so that the string just fits around. Once you are happy with the size and the flaps are centred, mark the edges with the felt tip marker / sharpie

Now, you have the centre of the diaper marked, and the edge where the flaps should be positioned. To save this measurement, cut the piece of string to be that length (from the centre mark to the edge mark) and keep that with your diaper supplies.

Now, lie down on the diaper. This will take practice to do this correctly. You want the position of the top tapes just above your hip bone, and the top of the front of the diaper to just touch your belly button. Wiggle up or down to get the position. This will ine up the back and front of the diaper. The centre lenght-ways fold mark / sharpie / felt tip marker mark lines up with your belly button.

Now comes the tape on bit.

If you are right handed, tape up the left top tape first. The positon of this flap should already be marked on the diaper, where the back of the tape position should cover it and the front of the tape should almost be straight across. Now the top tape right hand side. This is where you can tighten the the diaper at the waist, but the tape should be in the same line as the left side tape.

Slide the diaper left or right to line up the center mark with your belly button if it has moved.

The bottom tapes. Since the diaper is folded, push the elastic leg gathers into the crease of your legs before taping up the bottom tapes. Pull out the left tape and tape it slightly downwards (away from you) on the left hand side. You can pull this tight. Do the same of the right hand side. When you stand up, the diaper should be on corredctly.

If this is how you want to wear the diaper, you know now exactly, (the length of the string from the centre fold to the edge) where your tapes go. If it is a little loose / off-sided, mark the new location, and cut the string to that length.

After doing this a few time, you will remeber exactly where the tapes are supposed to be for you and will not need to mark it with the felt tip pen / sharpie. You will always need to fold it lengthways before putting it on, as should everyone before putting a diaper on.

1 hour ago, babykeiff said:

To put a diaper on laying down is all about position.

Requirements

1. Felt tip marker (trade name Sharpie)
  2. Measuring tape - a cloth (tailors) one is ideal. If you don't hace a tape, get a length of string that is long enough to go around your waist.
  3. Two paper clips / bull-dog clips
  4. Balloon / football / Large plushie
  5. Diaper

Process

1. Unfold the diaper so you can get it flat.
  2. Fold it in half length ways
  3. Use the crease to mark the centre of the diaper with the felt tip marker / sharpie.
  4. Use the string / tape to measure your waist from your belly button and all around to your belly button. Cut the string (take a not of the measurement) at where it meets itself. As a result, the string is your waist length.
  5. Now, with the diaper in your hand, use the paper clip to hold the rear left and the rear right.
  6. Put the balloon / football / plushie in the diaper.
  7. You should now have a ballon / football / plushie in a diaper with the diaper being held by paper clips / bull-dog clips
  8. Place the string around the diaper, and adjust the diaper smaller or larger so that the string just fits around. Once you are happy with the size and the flaps are centred, mark the edges with the felt tip marker / sharpie

Now, you have the centre of the diaper marked, and the edge where the flaps should be positioned. To save this measurement, cut the piece of string to be that length (from the centre mark to the edge mark) and keep that with your diaper supplies.

Now, lie down on the diaper. This will take practice to do this correctly. You want the position of the top tapes just above your hip bone, and the top of the front of the diaper to just touch your belly button. Wiggle up or down to get the position. This will ine up the back and front of the diaper. The centre lenght-ways fold mark / sharpie / felt tip marker mark lines up with your belly button.

Now comes the tape on bit.

If you are right handed, tape up the left top tape first. The positon of this flap should already be marked on the diaper, where the back of the tape position should cover it and the front of the tape should almost be straight across. Now the top tape right hand side. This is where you can tighten the the diaper at the waist, but the tape should be in the same line as the left side tape.

Slide the diaper left or right to line up the center mark with your belly button if it has moved.

The bottom tapes. Since the diaper is folded, push the elastic leg gathers into the crease of your legs before taping up the bottom tapes. Pull out the left tape and tape it slightly downwards (away from you) on the left hand side. You can pull this tight. Do the same of the right hand side. When you stand up, the diaper should be on corredctly.

If this is how you want to wear the diaper, you know now exactly, (the length of the string from the centre fold to the edge) where your tapes go. If it is a little loose / off-sided, mark the new location, and cut the string to that length.

After doing this a few time, you will remeber exactly where the tapes are supposed to be for you and will not need to mark it with the felt tip pen / sharpie. You will always need to fold it lengthways before putting it on, as should everyone before putting a diaper on.

That's hilarious ??