LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers on an airplane?

BbBettie

3 hours ago, Ipmapants said:

I don’t know if you already went on your flight or not but if it was me and they took me aside for a search, I would just say that I am wearing a diaper and just leave it at that. They definitely encounter this pretty often. Whether that be people who wear them for medical necessity or whatever it may be. It’s only your business as to why you wear diapers and no one else’s!! 

They will still have to scan you, but if you're prepared than you're fine.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, spark said:

They will still have to scan you, but if you're prepared than you're fine.

Yeah I’m just saying that it’s okay if someone knows of you are wearing a diaper and if they do scan you or get suspicious you can simply just tell them. But that is understandably easier said than done for some people!!! But once you do it once it is actually fun to admit to a total stranger that you have a diaper on!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

I can't help thinking how, after Snakes On A Plane, Diapers On An Airplane would make a great name for a movie

The plot would center around a cargo plane en-route from a Kimberly Clark plant being hijacked by a fanatical cult of adult babies.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

The plot would center around a cargo plane en-route from a Kimberly Clark plant being hijacked by a fanatical cult of adult babies.

Cult of Depends...... hmm..... kinda implausible.   But then, Hollyweird has never been about plausibility anyway.

21 hours ago, Ipmapants said:

Yeah I’m just saying that it’s okay if someone knows of you are wearing a diaper and if they do scan you or get suspicious you can simply just tell them. But that is understandably easier said than done for some people!!! But once you do it once it is actually fun to admit to a total stranger that you have a diaper on!

What I was talking about being scanned is more about what I would called flagged.  By flagged, they need to frisk you.   I don't know the exact science behind it, but a wet diaper will be flagged, and that means they have to complete the frisk.   Just saying that you're wearing a diaper will excuse that.  

I'm TSA Pre, and have never had an issue in the USA, but I also wear Pull Ups through security and change into the diaper in the bathroom.  In Paris I was flagged, but she figured out I was wearing (I don't remember her frisking me- but it was no big deal).  In Doha, I went to a private screening.     But I think it was the screeners first day, and he was nervous as hell, because the private screener was done by a more veteran screener.  FTR- that screen was a very good quality diaper check.

FTR- that screen was a very good quality diaper check. 

??? FTR 

Any of the 4 or 5 times I went through they felt the waist band and I said its medical - I have MS and wear diapers, look in my medical carry on, they did, never took it any farther

• Like 1
On 1/26/2022 at 11:46 PM, PuraVidaDip said:

Anyone have issues with onesies and metal detectors or body scanners??

I got scanned at a professional sports game recently - no issues. Will report back after my vacation.

I might be on an airplane for the first time in June (I may have in 1978 but I was 3 and don't remember). Not a chance. I wouldn't run the risk of my family finding out and being disappointed. That would kill me inside.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:29 PM, Dartplayerinwvc said:

??? FTR 

Any of the 4 or 5 times I went through they felt the waist band and I said its medical - I have MS and wear diapers, look in my medical carry on, they did, never took it any farther

He gave that diaper a good squeeze.  It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience

• Sad 1
On 2/15/2022 at 12:29 AM, Dartplayerinwvc said:

??? FTR 

@Dartplayerinwvc

FTR, as far as I know means “for the record” ?

when I went through TSA I didn’t have any problem whatsoever, and I had two carry-ons in my wheelchair, and I don’t believe that I would have a problem getting through security if they question my wearing diapers by using the same reason you did, telling them that it’s medical.

Brian

21 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Dartplayerinwvc

FTR, as far as I know means “for the record” ?

when I went through TSA I didn’t have any problem whatsoever, and I had two carry-ons in my wheelchair, and I don’t believe that I would have a problem getting through security if they question my wearing diapers by using the same reason you did, telling them that it’s medical.

Brian

You have a visible disability, and I'm sure they have a standard procedure for screening wheel chair bound passengers.   You definitely wouldn't be questioned about the diapers, but I don't think I would either.  I don't believe TSA could legally ask why, because the why doesn't matter.   They just need to confirm that there isn't any explosives in my diapers.

I can recall commentary from somebody here once that if you are wet, you will need to somehow make yourself "dry" in order to clear security.  The story was that the TSA would not tolerate a wet diaper.  Perhaps somebody reading this will have the details?  I haven't traveled to the USA since March 2019 and back then, I ditched the diapers for the trip.  I doubt I could do that now though.

3 hours ago, oznl said:

I can recall commentary from somebody here once that if you are wet, you will need to somehow make yourself "dry" in order to clear security.  The story was that the TSA would not tolerate a wet diaper.  Perhaps somebody reading this will have the details?  I haven't traveled to the USA since March 2019 and back then, I ditched the diapers for the trip.  I doubt I could do that now though.

I would change before going through security.   I use a Pull Up and then change into a diaper after clearing security.

I've gone through with a wet diaper in the USA.  I have in Europe and been flagged.

3 hours ago, oznl said:

It's been a while since I've flown (in part due to Covid).  Due to reduced bladder capacity, I'm not safe if sleeping or wait too long.  As such, I have been wearing on vacation and trips, including on planes, and through TSA security.

• Unopened Talc (baby) powder will get caught on the x-ray machines and require secondary tests (using their chemical detector).  It will pass, at least the last time I went through security.  I now make sure the talc bottle is out of my carry on and separate before submitting to the x-ray machine so they only have to check that and I don't have to watch them tear apart a carry on bag to find it (without them knowing what they are looking for and wanting to empty the bag, or at least go through more of it).  We shall see how long my supply of talc power lasts since I would now have to take a trip to Europe to get more.  I don't know if corn starch would have the same issue, but I suspect it would.  And unfortunately the creams that I might substitute would either need to be declared as a medical item and/or have to meet there liquid requirements.  (One time I had cough medicine prescribed with me, and had that prescription filled in two separate bottles so I could keep the volume of each bottle below TSA limits.)
  • Because when it hits while sleeping, or potentially while napping, it is a full capacity flood, I wear heavier protection.  And (until recently) needed cloth diapers to handle the flow and volume for containment.  I don't have TSA Pre-check, but have had that applied at least once to a ticket when they were trying to encourage folks to purchase pre-check in advance....  With pre-check, you normally just go through the metal detector.  With jeans on (which have some metal grommets), if the metal detector is set real sensitive (vary rare), then secondary is a hand wand metal detector, and I have no issues.  The diaper pins tend to line up with the grommets and they don't go any further.
  • Going through normal TSA checks, you end up in the newer scanner and that one is a problem for me.  I rarely can get thorough that check without a secondary screening of some sort.
    • Between a medical condition (that might throw an exception in what the scanner sees) and the extra cloth layers of my diapers, and with the sweat the accumulates (especially in warmer weather), I will usually get flagged (yellow on their screen, if you look behind you after going through the scanner), in the padded area.  What they do next can vary.
    • The worst was flying home from Orlando, leaving Disney World to catch the flight home.  I had been wearing sun screen due to being mostly outside.  With sweat and my thicker diapers, they went with a required private screening, where I did need to open up my pants enough for them to see.  And they used their chemical swab at that point, which had an initial trigger on the sun screen.  I got cleared and made my flight, but this is still a headache over what should be routine items for them.  Only recommendation they had was to call ahead so they could have a extra person available to assist me through the check point when going through the next time....

So, with (slightly damp from sweat?) cloth diapers, and multiple layers (thicker than they expect for "normal" clothing), expect to get flagged for secondary screening.

From what I've seen posted elsewhere, some disposable diapers may have an easier time with the scanners, and others not. 

• 3 weeks later...

Back when i last worked, i was more worries about failing the check for explosives and not my diaper. i worked with ANFO and had to be very careful I did not cross contaminate what i wore to work with what i wore flying.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:46 PM, PuraVidaDip said:

Anyone have issues with onesies and metal detectors or body scanners??

Update: I wore my onesie with 5 metal snaps on a plane twice last month with no issues. Went through TSA metal scanners. I happened to be dry because I changed right before security, but it didn't matter.

I've worn almost every flight over the years.  I'm precheck now so it's usually the WTMD but I've been through the nudovision many times with a diaper.   Always dry.   Never a problem.  I've gotten the "random selection" for the grope a few times but they never mentioned the diaper.

4 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I've worn almost every flight over the years.  I'm precheck now so it's usually the WTMD but I've been through the nudovision many times with a diaper.   Always dry.   Never a problem.  I've gotten the "random selection" for the grope a few times but they never mentioned the diaper.

I wouldn't be surprised that seeing an adult in a diaper is not unusual for most agents (at least once a week).   So they don't react when they notice the diaper when they frisk.

My experience in Doha was with a guy who was brand new.   He was defecating ceramic prisms before he started the initial frisk, and wasn't the guy who did the up close and personal search. 

On the same trip I cleared at CDG (Paris) with a diaper that was damp.  I heard the beep, I looked up at the older lady manning the station (older than me).  I assume she noticed my padding, figured it was incontinence protection, and waved me through.

While the experience in Doha wasn't pleasant, it wasn't a huge thing.

There was only twice when I was nervous and it was when they were looking at my carry on bag.   One time the agent opened the bag looked at the diapers inside (couldn't miss them) smiled and zipped it closed.    The other time it came through the xray machine and the guy says "Do you have powder in here?"    I had to think about it.   He opened the bag and sure enough I did have some.   Fortunately, it was athlete's foot powder and not baby powder.   Turns out powder is OK, but it looks like liquid/gel which you have to put in the ziplock yada yada.

• 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G6PD4i7NAsw?&ab_channel=Calvin%26Habs

If you can't hold it before takeoff or landing, the airplane will have to hold it.
This causes unnecessary delays, which won't make any of the other passengers happy, and it will cause the plane to burn extra fuel, releasing extra CO2 and NOx emissions.

So go green. Fly diapered.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:41 AM, Diapered Dave said:

I've never seen diapers on a plane... I HAVE seen Snakes on a plane though... It was a stupid movie. ????

"Don't call me Shirley!"

On 4/28/2022 at 1:15 PM, DiapersOfTheStorm said:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G6PD4i7NAsw?&ab_channel=Calvin%26Habs

If you can't hold it before takeoff or landing, the airplane will have to hold it.
This causes unnecessary delays, which won't make any of the other passengers happy, and it will cause the plane to burn extra fuel, releasing extra CO2 and NOx emissions.

So go green. Fly diapered.

Before I started wearing diapers on flights, I flew from St. Louis to Milwaukee.   We get on the play and i have to pee, but the plane is boarding- and I can't.  I waited until we reached cruising- which was halfway through the flight, and they started service- no peeing allowed.   By the time that is over, we are in descent, and no peeing is allowed.   I did end up using the bathroom before we exited the plane. 

Now, I would have a wet diaper, but I would be uncomfortable.