LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has anyone tried the Protecbrief?

I did not see it in the review section am I blind ,all you can find on the net are reviews approved by the company ( and we know what that usually means !) .

anybody using it as a cover and are happy , satisfied is it worth the price of admission ?

2 hours ago, willnotwill said:

When diapers alone are not enough?

I can see this helping with side sleepers who use disposables.  I've been using lined plastic pants for this same reason for quite a while now.  This looks like another solution.  Might even breathe a bit better too.

8 minutes ago, drynot said:

I can see this helping with side sleepers who use disposables.  I've been using lined plastic pants for this same reason for quite a while now.  This looks like another solution.  Might even breathe a bit better too.

These are similar to the Garywear products some of us employ; they seem a bit bulky for day wear, but I agree, they'd be great for side-sleeper who wear disposables. I haven't had a lot of problems with diaper leaks overnight because I'm not a very frequent nighttime wetter, and also, I sleep on my stomach, but I am aware that I am but one incident away from potential marital discord. 

These are also lauded by caregivers for people with special needs, sometimes pared with locking sleepers. Some people on the ASD spectrum (and other intellectual disabilities) disrobe spontaneously, and if it happens overnight, there could be an unholy mess in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

These are also lauded by caregivers for people with special needs, sometimes pared with locking sleepers. Some people on the ASD spectrum (and other intellectual disabilities) disrobe spontaneously, and if it happens overnight, there could be an unholy mess in the morning

@Little Sherri

I agree with this sentiment. There are some people who are on the autism spectrum who are profoundly autistic and May end Up disrobing any chance they get, which is why they are set up in the garments they cannot remove themselves.  If this is allowed to happen, a caregiver could wake up to a big mess, a big puddle, or something all over the walls or something worse. It’ll depend on the person’s disability level and ability to comprehend. If you are high functioning autistic, this is unlikely to happen, but there are people on the spectrum who require the type of nighttime wear that cannot be removed without a caregiver’s assistance because of the fact that they may end up leaving a mess behind.

1 hour ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Get bigger, thicker Diapers! That are WAY MORE crinkly and noisy!??☺️???????????❤️??

@BabySpiderBoy

if a person is high functioning on the autism spectrum, that is one thing. If someone is profoundly disabled and autistic, then you have another issue because you may not be able to communicate with someone who is autistic without communication device, and sometimes an autistic or disabled person cannot communicate at all because of their condition. Remember that autistic individuals sometimes are “in their own World” and sometimes it is difficult for a caregiver whether it be a parent or a professional to be able to communicate with her child or their friend without a lot of training and a lot of understanding and care. I have two friends that are autistic: They both use an iPad for communication purposes, but one of them is more able to communicate than the other. I am not one to say that I understand what a person that is severely or profoundly autistic is going through inside their heads, but I do know that it has been proven that people who are profoundly disabled autistic have the propensity to remove their clothing, and if they are diapered, this could be a major mess for the caregiver, so that is why special clothing such as what is been described above is used.

When you are severely or profoundly autistic it does not matter how many diapers you use, how thick they are, or how crinkly they are. When you are disabled like this, the idea is to make the person as comfortable as possible, and keep them as dry as they can possibly be. It looks like this product is based on that need, and I am glad to see that there are companies and products that can be used for those who have the propensity to leak. Remember that if someone is mildly autistic, it may not be as bad as if someone is profoundly autistic. It’s just like Cerebral Palsy:  Some of us are mildly affected, some of us are moderately affected, and some of us are severely impacted and affected. It all depends on how bad a person is. Person with mild CP will need maybe a small amount of assistance, while a person that is moderately affected may need more assistance, and while a person is profoundly disabled with cerebral palsy they might need 24 seven care, but it depends on the severity of the disability. Mildly affected autistics may not disrobe like this, so there may not be an issue, while there are people who are severely autistic who may have the propensity to do this. The reason why clothing like this is used is because they do not want to have a mess to clean up afterwards. Think of a baby that you put a diaper on: the diaper may end up staying on, because the baby hasn’t learned to take it off, but eventually the baby may decide to take its diaper off, and then mommy or daddy has a huge mess to clean up. Same thing with disabled people like this:  you want to keep the individual clean and comfortable throughout the night, so that they will be able to sleep, and in some cases people who have autism do not sleep, Child or young adults parents have to be on guard and ready for almost anything that can happen, and if it can happen, it usually does.

i’m not saying that it happens with all people who are disabled, but there are people who need this type of assistance, and need this type of clothing.  As I said it doesn’t matter how thick the diaper is, if it is on you, and it can be removed by an autistic or very disabled person, it can happen. Imagine having to clean up the mess: it wouldn’t be pretty!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Edited a word
  • Like 2

Did anyone notice in the link Apachie provided none of the photos that showed the adults wearing a Protectbrief showed them actually wearing a diaper underneith?  Very obvious as there isn't any bulk or even hint of a diaper.  Only ones where you could tell they had a diaper on were the toddlers.  I agree, plastic pants, a lined plastic pant or similar will catch the leaks if you have a good enough diaper to begin with.  Waste of money.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Did anyone notice in the link Apachie provided none of the photos that showed the adults wearing a Protectbrief showed them actually wearing a diaper underneith?  Very obvious as there isn't any bulk or even hint of a diaper.  Only ones where you could tell they had a diaper on were the toddlers.  I agree, plastic pants, a lined plastic pant or similar will catch the leaks if you have a good enough diaper to begin with.  Waste of money.

@rusty pins

I also agree with you here: if you have the proper diaper, which is the most important thing that you could possibly have, then you have the proper covering over the top of your diaper, then you will be mostly all set. This does not mean however, that you will not leak, or have an occasional blowout, or deal with any of those types of issues. I’ve had to deal with it myself a few times, especially when you come in and you think that you were all set, and the next thing you know the back of your pants, or something else is wet including where you’re sitting.

it is ********PARAMOUNT******** but you have a good incontinence protection. This is why I am vehemently opposed to anything that is considered a diaper, that is not designed to handle what people release. If you can use a pull-up diaper, and it works for you, then I have no problem with this, and I don’t have any problem with anyone using such a product. What I do have a problem with is that a company decides to make their products the cheapest possible way that they can get away with, and then state Medicaid or Medicare cover only The cheap stuff until you were able to prove that you need better products. When I did my research, I found that it was almost impossible to get the “better products” because they tell us “we don’t even sell this stuff“ and they say “no one does“ when I inquired further, my response was “nursing homes change diapers every two hours, so that means we don’t have to give you the best products available“. When I found out this was going on, I was flabbergasted, and I was livid: how the hell do people who are severely incontinent survive if they cannot get the best products available and, to top that all off, I ended up spending almost 2 1/2 months in what I consider to be “bounty paper towels“ while I was peeing all over the place flooding all over the place and making a mess when trying to deal with the situation that has been getting worse.

it seems that everyone that I talk to during my “research“ agrees that the products they sell don’t even hold a candle to proper products. This is one of the reasons why I advocate very very hard for myself, and I push so that I get what I need. I have already stated in another post that if I need to use my disability to get what I need, I will not hesitate, because that is the reason that I have the services I have, and I don’t see that changing, unless my disability gets worse.  If I don’t have to use my disability, I don’t, but that is always an option should the need arise, and when I’m dealing with incontinence I must use my disability to make a point, and get what I need no questions asked.

Brian

I agree with you Brian. I am so bent at the bastids in our govt health care who feel that the best solution is always the cheapest. It messes with my serenity.

That said, back to the original topic. That looks to me like somebody made bloomer style panties out of a real thin neoprene. (diving suit material) I see nothing "new & improved" about those.

• Like 1