LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What food do you dislike?

DailyDi

What common foods do you just not like.

For me, Shrimp is a big one. Hate the texture of it. I'm not big on most fish, except white fish. I love crab though. And lobster but am mildly allergic to it (turns me red)

• Like 1

Parsley, watercress, chop suey, canned corn beef has (reminds me of dog food) and anything that tastes or smeells like they could pick me up with a magnet if I eat it

While I do not dislike pears or apples, I am just tired of them though I will eat a granny smith occasionally

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

For me, Shrimp is a big one. Hate the texture of it. I'm not big on most fish, except white fish. I love crab though. And lobster but am mildly allergic to it (turns me red)

@DailyDi

For me, my most hated foods are: beets, spinach, Brussel Spouts, and liver.  For one thing, the smell turns me off on all four. Beets are either too sweet, or too sour: they look awful when they’re just sitting there. One day I had a bowl full of something for lunch, and they had beets with it. Beats looked like they’re burnt or over cooked.

Spinach:  is one of the things that I don’t like: The only way I will eat this, is if it is made Within something. What I mean by this is: if my stepmother for example decides that she’s going to have lasagna, she will put in spinach within it. I will eat this all day long and have no problems at all because it is within the lasagna and it is not looking at me in the face looking like seaweed. When I look at spinach by itself in front of me, it is green, it smells bad, and it just doesn’t look 

Brussel sprouts: all they do is turn me off: they don’t even smell good nor do they look good at all: they might be healthy for you, and some people may like them, but I hate them. There are a few things that I hate but the ones that I listed above I definitely hate. My mother has taught me over the years that we should try everything at least once to see if we might decide that we like it. Mom has been right on several occasions using the strategy, because there are some foods that I thought I hated as a kid, that I love now.  I have tried each of these foods I have listed above several times, but I do not have a taste for any of the ones that I have listed. Brussels sprouts look like green cabbages that are too dark and they don’t taste very good either, and the smell is horrid. When I see this in my lunch I throw it away I take them right out of the package and throw them in the garbage. I know that you’re supposed to have vegetables every meal, and most of the time I do have vegetables, but having meals from the meal site has turned me off to most vegetables and I will tell you why.

Liver:  liver is something that I don’t think I would enjoy, because of the smell and the taste: my father apparently likes liver, and when my parents were together back in the 70s, my mother would make liver for my father on several occasions. She did not even like the smell of liver, so she didn’t make it that often. Because she didn’t like the smell of liver, we never had to eat it in our house, because my mom didn’t even wanna make it. I’ve tried liver before and I don’t like the taste and the texture or the smell. I am glad that my mom did not make us eat liver, because it seems like a lot of people ate liver a lot back then.  Thank God I was spared from this.

WHY?:  The reason why I despise all of these vegetables in my case, is because the meal  site decides that we need to eat a lot of those vegetables. I don’t like any of these vegetables, especially the brussels sprouts but the problem is that even when I complain about the vegetables that they use, they continue to serve them as if they were chicken and rice. These are things that I love, the chicken and the rice that is, but I do not like the vegetables Listed: they “Pound us“ with those vegetables, On such a frequent basis, that I WILL THROW THEM AWAY!

My  late friend, who used to run the mealsite downstairs, used to tell me stories about what she used to do as the manager of the school cafeteria where I went to school. When I came in as a freshman in high school, I found out that my friend Sylvia was in charge of our cafeteria, and when she found out that I was there, she came out to see me and gave me a big hug and that was a start/continuation of our friendship that started when I was six years old and she used to drive me to school on a handicap bus.  Sylvia told me a story one day about what she used to do when she used to meal plan. She would go in and look at all of her menus, and then she would see by standing next to a garbage receptacle what people were throwing away.

based on what she saw, and she used to go through the garbage, and I’m not kidding, she would not purchase these things again to serve us in the cafeteria. She said that it was a waste of money, and a waste of time, to make something that most of the kids would throw in the trash cans. When she found out what people didn’t like, she would remove it from the menu and she would not have it on the menu. I learned that when I was taught what the “center of the plate cost“ Was: this is the cost of your main entrée when you eat at a restaurant or an establishment. He would figure out how much it would cost for that piece of food that she would put in as her main dish, and figure out her cost that way. She would then be able to see what is more expensive or less expensive.

My friend Sylvia died in 2020: maybe because of old age she was in her high 80s: I will always remember stories that she told us:  and I was very very happy to learn that in 1995 when I moved here to my current address, that my friend Sylvia had been hired by the Housing Authority to manage their Meal site.  When I found out she was in charge of the meal site, I asked the director of housing not to tell her that I was a tenant in this building. My rationale for doing this was twofold: I wanted to see her again, but I wanted to surprise her and I wanted to see her reaction when I walked into the building walked into her office and told her who I was: I didn’t have to do that, because when I walked in and said who I was, she got up out of her chair and walked over to me and gave me the biggest hug I have received since I was in high school. I then began a quest: working for her in an attempt to computerize all of the records they maintain, as well as the delivery routes, and other tasks that they wanted me to try to computerize. One of them was her “Kardex system“. She use this in high school to keep track of her costs and what was ordered and how much it was and how much was ordered. When I got done doing a simplified version of this system, there were several occasions where I caught increased cost of certain condiments and food items. One day I caught the cost of butter going from like $35 a case to about $95 a case, and I found out why by looking at all of our receipts and invoices. Sure enough, there was a huge increase in the cost of butter in this case, and I brought it to her attention, and she actually called them to find out why it went up, and it actually did. She told me that she was proud of me for noticing the difference in price and letting her know.

The moral of the story is, my friend Sylvia would never serve something in her program that she found out people disliked. As I had told you above serving things that people dislike waste your money, waste your time, and your resources, because you’re preparing things that people dislike. In my case, the current Director of the mealsite, Used to get bread from our local Food pantry, where I work at. I was informed to “tell him when there was bread and where it was” by the food pantry stuff, and I will always tell him, and he would always come in and smile at me and asked me how I was doing. Sometimes what I would do is I would ask him “what are we having for lunch?”  He would tell me something like “chicken, rice, and lots of: (insert any of my disliked vegetables here”) I sometimes wonder why they don’t get rid of some of these vegetables: I know that some people like them and I know there are a lot of people that live in this building, and because we are a mealsite for my area, we serve all of Central Vermont, so there are a lot of people who we end up delivering two that are shut ends aren’t able to get out. So, we have to deal with vegetables like this on a regular basis, which is why it’s a turn off for me.

I would rather have some thing that doesn’t look like it’s either dead, seaweed, or something out of a alien movie!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
5 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

For me, my most hated foods are: beets, spinach, Brussel Spouts, and liver.  For one thing, the smell turns me off on all four. Beets are either too sweet, or too sour: they look awful when they’re just sitting there. One day I had a bowl full of something for lunch, and they had beets with it. Beats looked like they’re burnt or over cooked.

Spinach:  is one of the things that I don’t like: The only way I will eat this, is if it is made Within something. What I mean by this is: if my stepmother for example decides that she’s going to have lasagna, she will put in spinach within it. I will eat this all day long and have no problems at all because it is within the lasagna and it is not looking at me in the face looking like seaweed. When I look at spinach by itself in front of me, it is green, it smells bad, and it just doesn’t look 

Brussel sprouts: all they do is turn me off: they don’t even smell good nor do they look good at all: they might be healthy for you, and some people may like them, but I hate them. There are a few things that I hate but the ones that I listed above I definitely hate. My mother has taught me over the years that we should try everything at least once to see if we might decide that we like it. Mom has been right on several occasions using the strategy, because there are some foods that I thought I hated as a kid, that I love now.  I have tried each of these foods I have listed above several times, but I do not have a taste for any of the ones that I have listed. Brussels sprouts look like green cabbages that are too dark and they don’t taste very good either, and the smell is horrid. When I see this in my lunch I throw it away I take them right out of the package and throw them in the garbage. I know that you’re supposed to have vegetables every meal, and most of the time I do have vegetables, but having meals from the meal site has turned me off to most vegetables and I will tell you why.

Liver:  liver is something that I don’t think I would enjoy, because of the smell and the taste: my father apparently likes liver, and when my parents were together back in the 70s, my mother would make liver for my father on several occasions. She did not even like the smell of liver, so she didn’t make it that often. Because she didn’t like the smell of liver, we never had to eat it in our house, because my mom didn’t even wanna make it. I’ve tried liver before and I don’t like the taste and the texture or the smell. I am glad that my mom did not make us eat liver, because it seems like a lot of people ate liver a lot back then.  Thank God I was spared from this.

WHY?:  The reason why I despise all of these vegetables in my case, is because the meal say decides that we need to eat a lot of those vegetables. I don’t like any of these vegetables, especially the brussels sprouts but the problem is that even when I complain about the vegetables that they use, they continue to serve them as if they were chicken and rice. These are things that I love, the chicken and the rice that is, but I do not like the vegetables Listed: they “Pound us“ with those vegetables, On such a frequent basis, that I WILL THROW THEM AWAY!

my late friend, who used to run the music downstairs, used to tell me stories about what she used to do as the manager of the school cafeteria where I went to school. When I came in as a freshman in high school, I found out that my friend Sylvia was in charge of our cafeteria, and when she found out that I was there, she came out to see me and gave me a big hug and that was a start/continuation of our friendship that started when I was six years old and she used to drive me to school on a handicap bus.  Sylvia told me a story one day about what she used to do when she used to meal plan. She would go in and look at all of her menus, and then she would see by standing next to a garbage receptacle what people were throwing away.

based on what she saw, and she used to go through the garbage, and I’m not kidding, she would not purchase these things again to serve us in the cafeteria. She said that it was a waste of money, and a waste of time, to make something that most of the kids would throw in the trash cans. When she found out what people didn’t like, she would remove it from the menu and she would not have it on the menu. I learned that when I was taught what the “center of the plate cost“ Was: this is the cost of your main entrée when you eat at a restaurant or an establishment. He would figure out how much it would cost for that piece of food that she would put in as her main dish, and figure out her cost that way. She would then be able to see what is more expensive or less expensive.

My friend Sylvia died in 2020: maybe because of old age she was in her high 80s: I will always remember stories that she told us:  and I was very very happy to learn that in 1995 when I moved here to my current address, that my friend Sylvia had been hired by the Housing Authority to manage their Meal site.  When I found out she was in charge of the meal site, I asked the director of housing not to tell her that I was a tenant in this building. My rationale for doing this was twofold: I wanted to see her again, but I wanted to surprise her and I wanted to see her reaction when I walked into the building walked into her office and told her who I was: I didn’t have to do that, because when I walked in and said who I was, she got up out of her chair and walked over to me and gave me the biggest hug I have received since I was in high school. I then began a quest: working for her in an attempt to computerize all of the records they maintain, as well as the delivery routes, and other tasks that they wanted me to try to computerize. One of them was her “Kardex system“. She use this in high school to keep track of her costs and what was ordered and how much it was and how much was ordered. When I got done doing a simplified version of this system, there were several occasions where I caught increased cost of certain condiments and food items. One day I caught the cost of butter going from like $35 a case to about $95 a case, and I found out why by looking at all of our receipts and invoices. Sure enough, there was a huge increase in the cost of butter in this case, and I brought it to her attention, and she actually called them to find out why it went up, and it actually did. She told me that she was proud of me for noticing the difference in price and letting her know.

The moral of the story is, my friend Sylvia would never serve something in her program that she found out people disliked. As I had told you above serving things that people dislike waste your money, waste your time, and your resources, because you’re preparing things that people dislike. In my case, the current Director of the mealsite, Used to get bread from our local Food pantry, where I work at. I was informed to “tell him when there was bread and where it was” by the food pantry stuff, and I will always tell him, and he would always come in and smile at me and asked me how I was doing. Sometimes what I would do is I would ask him “what are we having for lunch?”  He would tell me something like “chicken, rice, and lots of: (insert any of my disliked vegetables here”) I sometimes wonder why they don’t get rid of some of these vegetables: I know that some people like them and I know there are a lot of people that live in this building, and because we are a mealsite for my area, we serve all of Central Vermont, so there are a lot of people who we end up delivering two that are shut ends aren’t able to get out. So, we have to deal with vegetables like this on a regular basis, which is why it’s a turn off for me.

I would rather have some thing that doesn’t look like it’s either dead, seaweed, or something out of a alien movie!

Brian

Liver and Brussels I totally agree with. I actually like spinich cooked or raw. My mom puts it in her lasagna too!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Liver and Brussels I totally agree with. I actually like spinich cooked or raw. My mom puts it in her lasagna too!

That sounds good buddy!? I like spinach too, especially on pizza and sandwiches!???❤️?

Actually, I like beef liver and onions as well as chicken livers.  I also like brussels sprouts and they are a staple at every thanksgiving dinner as well as when I roast a chicken or cook turkey legs.  I do not like tomatoes but I do like tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce.  I do not like cucumbers but I like dill pickles.  I never cared for coffee.  Uncooked fresh spinach in a salad with warm bacon dressing is good but I don't like cooked canned spinach.  I have never been a fan of asparagus (so I don't have to worry about smelly pee) but I will eat a little now and then, maybe one small piece.

2 minutes ago, LilFozzyJ5 said:

Brussel sprouts, bananas, offal, string beans/ grean beans, sea food.

Processed peas, coconut and cherries

Oh and an egg mayo sandwich. Revolting.

Gee!  I pretty much like all of the above, except it depends on what type of offel.  I like liver and heart but not sure I would eat brains or kidneys.

Brussel sprouts have always been a dislike, like how i would expect garbage to taste. Bananas its the smell, the texture, the taste..basically all of it. Happy eating the flesh of a beast, but none of the organs that processed piss. No thanks.

Like garden peas, fresh coconut and fresh cherries... hate all of the once they have been processed.

Like boiled eggs, like mayo...mix em together and ill projectile vomit if you make me eat it.

Most veggies.  It's easier for me to list which ones I do like.   Also, not a fan of seafood for the most part. 

Oh... and "Buffalo wings".   Absolutely revolting.

39 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

This may get me kicked out of the Little's Club, but I can't stand Mac n cheese. Bleach.

Also Mayonnaise, mustard, and salad dressing, plus all their derivative foods.

Whaaaaaaaattttttt???????      Well, if your experience is with that stuff in a box with the nuclear orange powder, I can fully understand.   Used to eat that stuff all the time when younger, but I tried some a few years back after a long time and found it really disgusting.

Any type of fish, rice, some types of beans, pastas like mac and cheese and spaghetti,egg, wild meat, most bird based foods, mustard, japanese and Chinese foods(too slimey), body parts from a cow or pig(dont get me started eeeuck), brussle sprouts

the list of things i dont like would take too long to list, but among them

salmon, any fish but the batter deep fried stuff at long john silvers, most veggies(i like corn, taters, peas, carrots), pears, lettuce, cabbage, might as well add all the other veggies in that(except some beans, i like pinto beans, great northern, baked beans, kidney when i make chili, the hell with the rest), meatloaf, sausage, deli meat, most cheeses(i like sharp cheddar, colby, mozzerella, american, wont touch any other), cottage cheese(how the hell does anyone stand that stuff?!) sour cream, sweet taters, salads, salad dressings, most soups(i like my own, or just plain cream of chicken, chicken noodle-canned or my own, my own tater soup, canned tomato soup but we wont be having that for a really long time), prunes, coffee, canned chicken and dumplins, butter milk(again i cant see how any drinks it, but mom likes it and it helps rule out cardiac trouble, if a glass of it settles down her chest pain its thankfully not her heart, i thank God for the idea to try that with mom), wheat bread, chunky peanut butter, coke, anything made by tyson foods, anything that came from a krogers store or subsidiary(not even allowed in the house)

52 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

Any type of fish, rice, some types of beans, pastas like mac and cheese and spaghetti,egg, wild meat, most bird based foods, mustard, japanese and Chinese foods(too slimey), body parts from a cow or pig(dont get me started eeeuck), brussle sprouts

Are you serious??????!!!!!??? That's like every food. LOL!???

About the only thing I can't abide is normal cooked peas.   Snow peas, pea soup, etc... are OK, but the smell of regular peas causes some emetic reaction in my brain.   I must have gotten sick after eating them as a small child or something.

There are things I'm not overly fond of (sea urchin tops the list), but it's not something I can't eat.

Snails are great if you have garlic butter to go with them.   I've got the plates and tongs and a bunch of shells (reusable) and several cans of "slugs" in my pantry.

Most food I am pretty good with. Since my Stroke however I don't do well with spicy stuff but that doesn't really mean I don't like it. The yuckies though my caregiver Miss Jen usually doesn't give me except for cooked carrots and pears. She says they are good for me and she does give them to me sometimes and I get grumpy and throw a temper tantrum sometimes. I end up eating them though because she will usually start feeding them to me because she sees when I start to fidget with them and start to make more of a mess then I usual do with my food because I have terrible hand/eye coordination anyway because of my Stroke. 

On 10/23/2021 at 5:46 PM, DailyDi said:

Also not a big fan of fish. Also dont like the texture (taste of some to but its mostly the texture that is the problem?), but i do like white fish. Not sure about crab becaus i have never had it, mostly becaus of the not liking fish part. 

16 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Whaaaaaaaattttttt???????      Well, if your experience is with that stuff in a box with the nuclear orange powder, I can fully understand.   Used to eat that stuff all the time when younger, but I tried some a few years back after a long time and found it really disgusting.

Nope, didn't like it as a kid, even when my mom made it homemade. I would get a bowl of macaroni with butter, while everyone else ate Mac n cheese.

I don't like other "liquid" cheeses either.

I've been thinking.  The diversity of food likes and dislikes amazes me, especially that so many people hate things I like.  There has to be a big reason overall.  Let's say everyone liked Brussels sprouts.  There wouldn't be enough grown for everyone.  That is the same with anything including fish, chicken, corn, beets, any food.  God had to make people with a diverse like and dislike of different foods so there would be enough of all kinds to feed everyone!

On 10/23/2021 at 9:59 AM, DailyDi said:

Have you ever had Spinach Pie? Now there's something good. Pizza dough for the base and top, With Layers of Fresh Spinach, Tuna, Onions, Mushrooms, usually repeated 2-3 times, Looks a bit bulgy when you stick it in the oven, but flattens out as it cooks (About 15-20 mins at about 350 degrees)... And yes, thats the whole recipe.. so simple, most of the work is rolling the dough and placing the filling. 

As for my Dislikes - Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts and Cabbage (the 1st 3 which I can't eat at all, make me vomit, some natural chemical in them that doesn't agree with me), I will still however eat cabbage depending on how its prepared (In egg rolls for example and "Maybe" some homemade Sauerkraut w/sausage (Not that horrible canned stuff my mom liked), I hear homemade is so much better.