LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Crinkle deafness is real!

Enthusi

It could be that you block the crinkles out, or as in in my case you have some hearing loss. But it’s very possible to not be aware how loud you are to others.  Record yourself walking sometime.  

Im not trying to scare or deter anyone from trying the 247 lifestyle.  In fact there are tons of tips out there on how to mask the noise.  At this stage in my life, I don’t really care what people hear or think they hear when I walk by.   

But wow is that what I sound like to others? ? 

As @Little Sherri found, we may not be that stealthy. Or are people really polite? Do my folks hear it when I visit them? 

Certainly at home in jogging bottoms they are very loud, but it seems quieter in tighter jeans with the plastic pants and the onesie holding it down....

Am I ready to not care? Hmmmm......

unless you are in a quite rom with no ambient noise no one will no one will notice hut even in a quiet room wear a onesie to help keep the diaper inplace and they will be next to no sound if any my favourite is Tykables plain coloured romper 

3 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

As @Little Sherri found, we may not be that stealthy. Or are people really polite? Do my folks hear it when I visit them? 

Certainly at home in jogging bottoms they are very loud, but it seems quieter in tighter jeans with the plastic pants and the onesie holding it down....

Am I ready to not care? Hmmmm......

Yup, as @BabyJilly_S has said, I had reached a point where I thought that nobody could hear my diaper but me. On the one hand, I know that under certain circumstances, certain diapers can be pretty loud. I recall walking along my driveway late at night, and it almost sounded like my diaper had an echo. I was wearing something big and plastic under maybe jogging shorts or light weight athletic pants. I live out in the country a bit so at night it can be pretty silent, however, it's impressive when the loudest thing for hundreds of feet is your diaper. But on the other hand, a lot of my diapers seem to go pretty mute under a onesie and a pair of jeans. I had just gotten to the point where I believed that only I could hear the sounds coming from below, when my wife commented, apropos of nothing, that the InControl Active Air I was testing was "really quiet", and that maybe "I should wear more diapers like that." That got my attention. 

Now, she may have been messing with me a bit; she's tolerant of my wearing diapers but she's not exactly enthusiastic about it, and she has taken subtle and not-so-subtle jabs at me before, including once asking the wife of a good friend of mine to examine my butt, essentially, in support of her contention that my jeans were too large for me. Which of course they were - I had planned it that way, because under them, I had a diaper on. Which she knew. So, asking someone to examine my pants closely was, at best, insensitive, and at worst, evil...

19 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

For me also, outerwear that slightly compresses the nappy helps a lot. 

I usually wear plastic pants and a compression pant.  The noisiest nappy I have right now is the Rearz Elite Hybrid (Barnyard).  It's probably about 60% quieter under that gear.  Still, outdoors, I don't think it's significant.

Well the many years of drumming in a band have definitely affected my hearing, but I can still hear the noise of my diaper when I am walking around in my house or at the office. Even though I am taking maximum precautions like wearing cloth backed Tena slips, thick and soft plastic pants like the ones in my profile picture and a thick cotton onesie under my pair of jeans, I can still hear my diaper when moving around. That is why I really don’t like climbing the stairs at the office when there is someone right behind me. I am pretty sure they will hear it and also find out that it is my padded butt making the noise. 

Fortunately, the topic of adult diapers is still taboo and for many people the idea of an adult wearing and using a diaper is pretty disgusting. I think that's why no one has ever confronted me with that. Such conversation would be rather awkward. 

For me it is all part of the deal. If I want to be incontinent and go out in public I will have to accept that people might notice that I am wearing diapers. 

• Like 1

Mummy tells me if she thinks I'm a bit too noisy, which is how it should be, of course.  It's usually when my plastic pants are pulled up too far at the front and there's a couple of inches of the pants above my belt.  She's only bothered if there are other people around of course - I can run around in my nappy if it's just the two of us.  I never notice anything.

2 hours ago, oznl said:

For me also, outerwear that slightly compresses the nappy helps a lot. 

Personally, I am not a fan of compression pants as they tend to reduce the absorption capacity of the diaper I am wearing, don’t you think?

24 minutes ago, cathdiap said:

Personally, I am not a fan of compression pants as they tend to reduce the absorption capacity of the diaper I am wearing, don’t you think?

Can't say that's my experience, and I use them frequently. They are about as compressing as a pair of skinny jeans that I also wear on occasion.

Although even if they did, at work I would trade a loss in capacity for more discretion. Working with people all day, I've no desire for my nappy to make itself visible.

I have never tried compression pants, to me it would take away some of my enjoyment in a wet diaper. I like the bulge of a wet and messy diaper, as long as others don't know. Cloth back disposable diapers sag quite a bit when wet. and I am waiting for a pair of printed cotton/lycra diaper pant to arrive that I ordered on Etsy from BigTots. Tracking says delivery should be today.

47 minutes ago, Moochie said:

I have never tried compression pants, to me it would take away some of my enjoyment in a wet diaper. I like the bulge of a wet and messy diaper, as long as others don't know.

I think you will find they will only add to the enjoyment (assuming we're not talking about actual strong compression garments). They hold the nappy right against you, even the cloth backed ones that tend to sag. They don't prevent nappies swelling or anything in my experience. Rather, they'll help to hide it from others.

I can second or third this! Compression pants are excellent for slimming your figure; I've used them a few times with dresses or skirts when bare-legged and biking somewhere, and they're great for making things fit under jeans discretely. 

But, I will caution that if you have a varicocele like me that you should limit it to only when necessary. I wore them continuously when I started, and after a week it brought back loooots of pain. I tried ice and it didn't help; it wasn't until I stopped using the compression pants that the pain went down. Looking forward to nuking that stuff after SRS, haha! ?

16 hours ago, cathdiap said:

If anything, my experience is that compression pants lower the risk of leakage by keeping my nappy gently against me.  There are less gaps to allow escapes.  I'm aware of a study that suggested that compression pants might slightly reduce diaper capacity but diaper capacity is rarely exercised in real world conditions.  Other factors generally get in the way of fully saturating a diaper before changing.  I know that with compression pants, the frequency of me getting wet outerwear is reduced considerably.

For my Abena L4, I don't think I could get by without them - they just get too saggy towards the end of their shift (I try to use only 2 nappies per day so each nappy gets thoroughly used).

This is just gentle "shapewear" stuff.  A lot like the "fixing pants" that are actually sold by some diaper vendors.  We're not talking about engineering-class compression here ?

13 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

They hold the nappy right against you, even the cloth backed ones that tend to sag.

Yep, exactly that ^^

I will say it is real, I’ve had people say things about the crinkles actually. One time i’l never forget was getting a drink at night and my roommate was behind me going up the steps and he’s Iike “why do you sound like a shopping bag” i by some kind of other worldly powers had a wrapper in my pocket I was able to blame it on but it was actually a ABU space that wasn’t exactly dry that late at night 

the other day i was home wearing a boosted megamax, a PUL pocket diaper/cover and a t-shirt. only thing i heard in my relatively quiet house was a faint rustling. wearing nearly anything over my diaper silences it nearly completely. my covers from nicediaper are a PUL outer shell with a soft bathingsuit liner-like material inside, so maybe the extra fabric has something to do with it. i also have a bunch of gary active-wear pants, and they make more noise against a diaper than my PUL covers. maybe rubbing materials have something to do with noise levels. could be some interesting experiments lol

I don't mind the crinkle my self. The wife is somewhat hard of hearing but strangely she can hear a diaper crinkle very clearly. Must be the frequency of the sound.

Yea she is aware and normally will call out 'Diaper boy' when she notices the crinkle.