LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Vanillas really hate wearing diapers, don’t they?

Some background:  I wear 247 and am incontinent after years of rigorous unpotty training.   My immediate family knows and they are cool with it  

Anyways one of my sibs was in for the weekend.   At one point we were being silly and I asked her the question I posed in the Incontinent Desires group: 

Would you rather: (A) Have a memorable pee dream and wake up wet; or (B) have no memory wetting and wake up wet? 

Her response was, “Not wet the bed.” 

I clarified that in this scenario she has a diaper on so it’s not really wetting the bed. 

Her response was, “I know!”  ?

I realize that’s just one person. Though  I suspect her response is typical.  I dunno maybe I shouldn’t be surprised. 

To me, it’s funny because most nights I have no memory of wetting, just a wet diaper (B), and I feel a tad guilty, like I’m cheating because I don’t have to get up at night to pee.  But I guess most people would still prefer to get up to pee at night rather than use a diaper, even if they could. ?‍♂️

43 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

and I feel a tad guilty, like I’m cheating because I don’t have to get up at night to pee.  But I guess most people would still prefer to get up to pee at night rather than use a diaper, even if they could. ?‍♂️

No need for that, I don't see anything wrong with using diapers for their intended purpose if you can afford them and you're able to keep on top of the extra hygiene requirements that diapered people need to take care of.  Sleep is important and disrupting it with bathroom visits is avoidable if one follows the correct procedures.

57 minutes ago, TinyBunny said:

No need for that, I don't see anything wrong with using diapers for their intended purpose if you can afford them and you're able to keep on top of the extra hygiene requirements that diapered people need to take care of.  Sleep is important and disrupting it with bathroom visits is avoidable if one follows the correct procedures.

True!  It costs hundreds of dollars per month to wear 247, not to mention all the hassles of traveling with diapers.   I put much more effort into waking up dry than continent people. 

I’ll have to explore my feelings of guilt a little more, I guess. 

For sure, @Enthusi. I've heard people say things like "I'd rather be dead than in diapers", and I remember an article I read a couple of years ago about a lady who was suing her doctor because of a botched uterine mesh installation, where one of her principal complaints was that, as a result of the malpractice, her life had been ruined, because she now had to wear diapers all the time, so she no longer left the house, basically, and her enjoyment of life had been destroyed. Now, the purpose of the lawsuit was to extract money from the doctor's insurance company, so It's it's likely that she may have been coached by her legal team into somewhat exaggerating the impact of all this on her. Although, that said, I'm sure being rendered unexpectedly incontinent would be a disaster for a lot of people. But I wished I could have reached out to her and said, hey, your life isn't over - you can work and have friends enjoy socializing and travel while wearing diapers - there's a whole community of people who share their experiences and solutions, and who have figured out how to live full and enjoyable lives, with plastic underwear on. 

• Like 1

I had one of my friends who knows I where diapers remark, “How in the hell can you wear diapers, aren’t they just cold and clammy and just plain uncomfortable?”  I guess people base there opinion on misinformation  or things they don’t understand. 

I enjoy the feeling of humiliation when I wear a diaper. The reason it is humiliating is that most people would hate wearing one. So the fact that most vanillas don’t like diapers is the reason that I do like them. 

Adults wearing diapers infringes upon multiple and deeply-held societal taboos.

I recall a legal case where a patient pursued her local Government all the way to the high court in an effort to obtain a Government-funded overnight live-in care person so that she should not have to wear diapers in bed (she failed, making her technically a court-ordered bed wetter).

The necessity of being diapered is frequently cited in media reports by unwell patients as a prime situation they wish to either escape from or avoid by euthanasia or suicide.

The venom and depth of social sanction unleashed upon some ill-advised ABDL efforts to mainstream their predilections is well known to most of us.

It’s a testament to me of how deep our wiring faults run that this should be a thing for us.

The irony of course is that if you can get past that social conditioning thing, securely-fitting WET diapers are rather comfortable, neither automatically unhygienic nor smelly.  Furthermore, making them wet is shockingly convenient and can actually feel rather pleasant.  My own slow drift into bed wetting was absolutely painless and quite convenient.

Why would someone who is vanilla and doesn't like diapers love to wear them?  That doesn't make any sense!  Naturally if they are that vanilla and not into diapers, why wouldn't they hate the idea of wearing them?  Naturally an incontinent group would answer they would rather not wet the bed.  An AB or DL group would probably answer differently.  The difference is AB/DL like wearing diapers.  It's their fetish.  Maybe some incontinent people have learned to like them, but I'd wager the majority of actual incontinent people would rather be continent again.  That question, put to a group of incontinent people at a support group would most likely not go over that well.

• Like 1

What is interesting is that it appears that wearing diapers as an older kid or as an adult isn’t a neutral topic. For most people, as others have mentioned, it sounds horrible, even unacceptable to a lot of people. And on the other hand, it’s rare, but there are people like us who feel the opposite way. 

I think it’s rooted in conditioning during potty training years. It’s hard to teach a kid to learn to simultaneously recognize he or she needs to go and then to hold it. It’s even harder when the kids are obstinate and simply do not want to potty train. 

I think that leads to a lot of parents to really have to lead and convince kids why they shouldn’t want to wear diapers and to use the toilet. I think that’s enhanced when the parents get desperate and downright neurotic about it. However, I think it also happens when parents are more laid back and are using a child-led approach. 

Whether people remember their potty training experience or not, I think that’s why diapers for older kids and adults are so taboo. 

7 hours ago, toddmdl said:

Whether people remember their potty training experience or not, I think that’s why diapers for older kids and adults are so taboo. 

It’s definitely seen as a sign of poor parenting if your kid is typically developing and not potty trained on time.  

Though there may also be an evolutionary reason why toilet training is so critical.  Back when we were hunters and gatherers, animal predators can track humans based on their urine. So it would be dangerous to have an individual peeing all over the place.   Plus of course there are hygiene considerations.   

Even so, there are plenty of other things we do that wouldn’t be to our advantage for survival that aren’t as taboo as diapers.  

12 hours ago, toddmdl said:

What is interesting is that it appears that wearing diapers as an older kid or as an adult isn’t a neutral topic. For most people, as others have mentioned, it sounds horrible, even unacceptable to a lot of people. And on the other hand, it’s rare, but there are people like us who feel the opposite way. 

I think it’s rooted in conditioning during potty training years. It’s hard to teach a kid to learn to simultaneously recognize he or she needs to go and then to hold it. It’s even harder when the kids are obstinate and simply do not want to potty train. 

I think that leads to a lot of parents to really have to lead and convince kids why they shouldn’t want to wear diapers and to use the toilet. I think that’s enhanced when the parents get desperate and downright neurotic about it. However, I think it also happens when parents are more laid back and are using a child-led approach. 

I feel much of the animosity, if you want to call it to call it that, comes from what is stated above. Part of the "potty learning" process, at least in the past, is cooersion, and shaming. Parents resort to such comments as "only babies wear diapers" or big boys and girls use the potty, and you are big enough, and dont need to be in diapers anymore"  "pooping/ peeing in your pants is gross..... Only babies do that sort of thing" " look at your friends, they all use the potty, and wear big kid underwear" etc.

So, things like this remain subconscoiusly, yet get people to behave the same way their parents did, with aversion and revulsion and disgust with regards to diapers, and the people who wear them . Incontinence is never brought up never mind discussed, so vanillas, when confronted or asked about adult "DIAPERS" ? act like it is some kind of taboo subject..... Something to be reviled and avoided.... Unless they happen to be an ABDL type....then it is just a hobby..????

1 hour ago, square_duck said:

I feel much of the animosity, if you want to call it to call it that, comes from what is stated above. Part of the "potty learning" process, at least in the past, is cooersion, and shaming. Parents resort to such comments as "only babies wear diapers" or big boys and girls use the potty, and you are big enough, and dont need to be in diapers anymore"  "pooping/ peeing in your pants is gross..... Only babies do that sort of thing" " look at your friends, they all use the potty, and wear big kid underwear" etc.

So, things like this remain subconscoiusly, yet get people to behave the same way their parents did, with aversion and revulsion and disgust with regards to diapers, and the people who wear them . Incontinence is never brought up never mind discussed, so vanillas, when confronted or asked about adult "DIAPERS" ? act like it is some kind of taboo subject..... Something to be reviled and avoided.... Unless they happen to be an ABDL type....then it is just a hobby..????

@square_duck just this evening I was talking to my one brother on the phone.  He was bitching to me he had to find a bathroom as he was driving.  I said to him I Khadijah just went pee while sitting in my car at the drive thru at Taco Bell.  He immediately said your gross!  I just laughed and said at least I’m not hunting down a bathroom!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@square_duck just this evening I was talking to my one brother on the phone.  He was bitching to me he had to find a bathroom as he was driving.  I said to him I Khadijah just went pee while sitting in my car at the drive thru at Taco Bell.  He immediately said your gross!  I just laughed and said at least I’m not hunting down a bathroom!

That's so true Eddie!?? Hahaha! The jokes on your brother though.??? And so what? It might be gross, but then again lots of things are gross. And to be honest with you, I've never really thought it was all that gross to begin with. Just taboo! And if there's one thing I could do, I would go back in time and refuse to be potty trained and try to stay in diapers for as long as I could.????❤️?☺️?? Considering I was kinda forced to grow up quickly as an little kid.?? I would also try to hang on to my pacifier as long as possible too and I would be more immature for sure, and embrace being an child more, instead of trying to be an adult at that age.????????☺️???❤️

• Like 1

We need a bit of controversy.

Bumper stickers saying "Elon Musk starts training for space flight by wearing Diapers"  ought to open things up.

My wife is totally vanilla and would never wear a diaper voluntary but when she had a bad case of a bladder infection  she asked me for one so she would not have to get up to the toilet every few minutes at night.I asked her afterwards if it was so bad and she answered that if she had to use them permanently she would survive needing them.Since then she has never worn again.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:17 AM, Rachael-Little said:

When I do wear to bed, I would love not waking to wet like knowing as I fall asleep that I don’t need to get up to pee.

Yet I know that’s just not likely but still wetting as I wake up then back to sleep is nice.

As I've gotten older the need to get up 2 or 3 times a night to pee cropped up.  Once diagnosed with sleep apnea and using a cpap, that need has dropped down to once....or none depending on the evening.  However....I found myself lamenting the need to get up to pee this very morning.  I didn't want to leave my warm and comfy sheets just to take a leak.... :(

Definitely in those instances I'd rather sleep right through and wet a diaper.

5 hours ago, drynot said:

As I've gotten older the need to get up 2 or 3 times a night to pee cropped up.  Once diagnosed with sleep apnea and using a cpap, that need has dropped down to once....or none depending on the evening.  However....I found myself lamenting the need to get up to pee this very morning.  I didn't want to leave my warm and comfy sheets just to take a leak.... :(

Same here... though I wasn't getting out of bed since I almost always go to sleep with a diaper on anyway. 

• Like 1