LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Increase in AB/DL and/or infantilism.

TLDR; Any else notice or are aware of an overall increase in AB/DL or infantilism in adults? 

I haven't publicized it on this group but I'm very active with a couple non-profits that deal directly with families in need due to events such as disasters, job issues, and other reasons. I end up doing a lot of in person consultations and discussions. Often helping with arranging temporary or new living arrangements, getting clothes, financial and other social help. 

Encountering adults who have diaper needs is not new. Since I'm also incontinent, I'm acutely aware of the challenges. While my employer and co-workers do not know of my incontinence and diaper use, those who I work with in my volunteer activities DO know I'm urinary incontinent and wear diapers. And I've been asked to assist in the area of adult diapers and incontinences issues as needed.

Over the last couple of years, with a sharp incline over the last year to 18 months, I and others have noticed a sharp up tick in the numbers of adults as young as the mid 30s and up, to wear diapers and exhibit traits that could be called infantilism or regression. It is very strange with adults wearing diapers, or pull-ups, having "security blankets" or stuff animals and even pacifiers, bottles and drinking baby formula. No overt or "tv style" ABs but what seems to be adults who need these crutches as a coping mechanism. They seem to be across all economic demographics including college educated though most do seem to live with parents or other family. 

In addition, we have all noticed that youth bedwetting and has seemed to "last longer" with many more children aged 8-13 still wetting the bed and/or wearing nighttime pullups. In the past, it was very rare to find a child over 8 that wet the bed. But these days, it seems that most children we come across either still wet the bed or wear pull ups at 11. With a significant amount even until 13 and older. This seems to be a known fact as pull-ups are now available in larger sizes for older bedwetters. 

We have also had reports of young school-age children, up to Grade 2, still getting a bottle of baby formula at times. Especially in this area, I've notice the behavior of younger children to be "brattier" that I've noticed in the past. In families with babies, many older children up to pre-teens were still showing babyish tendencies of bed-wetting, pull-up or diaper use, having "accidents" and immature behavior. 

One more thing, an associate also pointed out that in the past, she notice how girls seemed to be "developing" as young as 10 and 11, she's now noticing the opposite where many girls at 16 and 17 that are barely starting to develop. And boys too see to be entering puberty later at 15 or 16. Word from grade school teachers is that pull up use is very common and the requirement that children being "potty trained" having been phased out. Though school staff will not change a diaper for non-disabled students. Of course the number of "disabled" (and mediated) students has also greatly risen. (I didn't even consider the possible link to pych meds.)  [A 4th grade teacher said that all but a handful wear pullups and she has to put up with a classroom that reeks of urine at times.]

This is completely un-scientific but I wasn't the first without our volunteer community to notice this. But once I started to look, it was easy to see just how common this is.

Of course everyone seems to have a theory. I have no idea what the deal is. I have also notice the children overall have terrible diets of mostly sugar, carbohydrates and chemicals.  The adults in these cases also have a similar diet and low activity level. 

Oh, childhood diabetes seems to be on the rise. They are certainly fattier and chubbier.

Just tossing this out. I don't know what this means if anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That some interesting observations.    Especially with the increase in comfort wetting, which is what I have.

In my case, this isn't necessarily something I would voluntarily tell somebody, so unless it was noticed- I wouldn't say anything.  If I ever was in the situation that you are describing, I would likely choose to be diapered, but would try to keep it discrete.   If asked about it, I wouldn't push and just say that I was fine.   You may not even get the opportunity to register me as one of those statics.

I suspect that the pandemic has a major effect on this.

A lot of stress for many people and kids are especially effected, not going to school seeing there friends , being told they have to wear a mask.

Lots of factors I'm sure 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Rachael-Little said:

I suspect that the pandemic has a major effect on this.

A lot of stress for many people and kids are especially effected, not going to school seeing there friends , being told they have to wear a mask.

Lots of factors I'm sure 

I've read so many articles on this.   Some mention teens and adult going back to older hobbies.  I've never seen one that directly links covid to potty training regression, and I'm quite sure nobody has done a study on adult regression.

It’s an interesting thought.

I can’t say that I’ve directly noticed an uptick in the visible presence of ABDL within the general community but for sure it’s easier to find if you go looking for it.

Does this reflect an increase in ABDL tendencies within the general population or a moderation of the repression-response to ABDL over time?   Certainly as a society, we are a lot more tolerant of (some) divergent behaviours than a few decades ago (and we are the better for that I believe).  Consequentially, we’re going to be seeing a generation reaching adulthood without being exposed to the kind of social sanction older generations would have endured.

I don’t know.

There has been journalism around a perceived, contemporary reduced sense of urgency (no pun intended) in toilet training children with an associated spill over (again, no pun intended) of diapers into the school environment.  My personal take on this is that it’s a lapse in parenting, possibly confused by an over-focus on the supposed “rights” of the trainee.  This to the point where an Australian child rights activist proposed that parents should "seek permission" from their infants before changing their nappies (yes, seriously...)

Either that or possibly simply parental laziness.  There is a certain operational convenience in letting semi-toilet-trained toddlers marinate all day in high performance disposables relative to the clothes-and-carpet-imperiling drudgery of toilet training.

Does that late training drive ABDL?  I don’t know.  There’s lots of anecdotes but I’ve never seen a science-class causality for ABDL traits.  I’m a 24/7 DL and I was toilet trained spectacularly early (something I am ironically now well down the path of reversing, perhaps as a kind of Freudian “up yours” to an overly enthusiastic mother).

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ThomasInWVa said:

TLDR; Any else notice or are aware of an overall increase in AB/DL or infantilism in adults? 

I haven't publicized it on this group but I'm very active with a couple non-profits that deal directly with families in need due to events such as disasters, job issues, and other reasons. I end up doing a lot of in person consultations and discussions. Often helping with arranging temporary or new living arrangements, getting clothes, financial and other social help. 

Encountering adults who have diaper needs is not new. Since I'm also incontinent, I'm acutely aware of the challenges. While my employer and co-workers do not know of my incontinence and diaper use, those who I work with in my volunteer activities DO know I'm urinary incontinent and wear diapers. And I've been asked to assist in the area of adult diapers and incontinences issues as needed.

Over the last couple of years, with a sharp incline over the last year to 18 months, I and others have noticed a sharp up tick in the numbers of adults as young as the mid 30s and up, to wear diapers and exhibit traits that could be called infantilism or regression. It is very strange with adults wearing diapers, or pull-ups, having "security blankets" or stuff animals and even pacifiers, bottles and drinking baby formula. No overt or "tv style" ABs but what seems to be adults who need these crutches as a coping mechanism. They seem to be across all economic demographics including college educated though most do seem to live with parents or other family. 

In addition, we have all noticed that youth bedwetting and has seemed to "last longer" with many more children aged 8-13 still wetting the bed and/or wearing nighttime pullups. In the past, it was very rare to find a child over 8 that wet the bed. But these days, it seems that most children we come across either still wet the bed or wear pull ups at 11. With a significant amount even until 13 and older. This seems to be a known fact as pull-ups are now available in larger sizes for older bedwetters. 

We have also had reports of young school-age children, up to Grade 2, still getting a bottle of baby formula at times. Especially in this area, I've notice the behavior of younger children to be "brattier" that I've noticed in the past. In families with babies, many older children up to pre-teens were still showing babyish tendencies of bed-wetting, pull-up or diaper use, having "accidents" and immature behavior. 

One more thing, an associate also pointed out that in the past, she notice how girls seemed to be "developing" as young as 10 and 11, she's now noticing the opposite where many girls at 16 and 17 that are barely starting to develop. And boys too see to be entering puberty later at 15 or 16. Word from grade school teachers is that pull up use is very common and the requirement that children being "potty trained" having been phased out. Though school staff will not change a diaper for non-disabled students. Of course the number of "disabled" (and mediated) students has also greatly risen. (I didn't even consider the possible link to pych meds.)  [A 4th grade teacher said that all but a handful wear pullups and she has to put up with a classroom that reeks of urine at times.]

This is completely un-scientific but I wasn't the first without our volunteer community to notice this. But once I started to look, it was easy to see just how common this is.

Of course everyone seems to have a theory. I have no idea what the deal is. I have also notice the children overall have terrible diets of mostly sugar, carbohydrates and chemicals.  The adults in these cases also have a similar diet and low activity level. 

Oh, childhood diabetes seems to be on the rise. They are certainly fattier and chubbier.

Just tossing this out. I don't know what this means if anything. 

I agree with the pandemic lasting for as long as it has many people have changed to be less stressed.  That seems to b done by abdl and other comforts.  I'd say as long as no one is getting hurt their should not be a problem

@spark Of course I can't say for sure but I'm very good at creating trust and getting people to confide in me. Add the fact that I'm first involved during a period of physical, mental, emotional, and financial stress, its normal for me to connect very personally with people in a private setting. Most people tend to go out of their way to "confess" very personal and or intimate details about themselves. I belive it may be because I'm able to actually listen to the person themselves and easily establish a personal connection. One reason that I decided to post here is that a late 40s year old man who just lost his trailer in a flood and was living with his mother told me all about his "addiction" to baby formula and a bottle and would sometimes wet the bed. To look at him, you would never expect such a masculine man to have such a coping mechanism.

Many times, older children can admit to me of bed wetting and other issues or poblems that they can't or won't admit to parents or gardians. When required, the appropriate social and legal agencies are contacted. (Only for important issues. Immigration or such status is not our concern.)

The main reason I continue to volunteer is that so many people sometimes just need someone to listen and not judge them.

Oh, I like your term of "comfort wetting." I'm going to mention that term with the other volunteers. It exactly describes it. - Thanks. 

It would be interesting to see just how many new members we are getting here and compare that to a year or two ago.  I know on Diapermates I used to see 10 or 15 new members on a regular daily bases a year or two ago.  Now what I see in about 2 or 3 average per day.  I'm not sure if that means an overall drop in AB/DL or if people just aren't joining AB/DL websites as much as a couple years ago.

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

It would be interesting to see just how many new members we are getting here and compare that to a year or two ago.  I know on Diapermates I used to see 10 or 15 new members on a regular daily bases a year or two ago.  Now what I see in about 2 or 3 average per day.  I'm not sure if that means an overall drop in AB/DL or if people just aren't joining AB/DL websites as much as a couple years ago.

There could well be a demographic trend here against your "classic" web-based bulletin board (which is largely what DD is).  As astounding as it may seem, I do have a life outside of diapers (albeit that I'm already diapered).  I've noticed that a couple of my "hobby" web forums have been in decline for some time.  The general consensus here is that a younger demographic is shifting to other platforms such as Reddit or even something more generic such as Facebook.

10 hours ago, ThomasInWVa said:

Oh, I like your term of "comfort wetting." I'm going to mention that term with the other volunteers. It exactly describes it. - Thanks. 

Thank you;  every once in awhile I get one right?

I think that's what describes my issues.   It interesting how you described the one guy as macho, and you would never guess what is going on in his mind.

In my case- I have rather strong social anxiety, which is something that people who know in person would never guess.  The funny thing is that I'm not introverted, nor am I shy.   I'll talk with strangers, and don't mind engaging in conversation.   I always talk with my Uber drivers.   However- just the act of being around people takes so much energy, and I found wearing diapers allows me to cope with pressure.  

And in my case- this is very private thing.    But I'm sure it would be relief to talk with somebody about it.   You obviously are doing a good thing with your volunteer work.

6 hours ago, oznl said:

There could well be a demographic trend here against your "classic" web-based bulletin board (which is largely what DD is).  As astounding as it may seem, I do have a life outside of diapers (albeit that I'm already diapered).  I've noticed that a couple of my "hobby" web forums have been in decline for some time.  The general consensus here is that a younger demographic is shifting to other platforms such as Reddit or even something more generic such as Facebook.

It is interesting because I post regularly in a sports based forum, as well as here.    I don't think I've noticed much of a reduction in postings (the sports one is way more active).

If I've noticed anything on this forum- there seem to a lot less of the 'checking this out' posters, and the posts seem to be from more of the regular posters.  For what it's worth- I've had a stressful year, and notice that I post and come here more frequently when I'm getting stressed out.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:27 AM, spark said:

You obviously are doing a good thing with your volunteer work.

Thank you. I recommend volunteering it to everyone, it does make a difference. And it also changes you as a person. I'm able to connect to people much better than before I was a volunteer. I think that it one reason people are likely to confide in me very personal and intimate details they wouldn't tell others.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:58 PM, rusty pins said:

I think the people I'm seeing are not your usual AB/DL types. I don't think they see it as a fetish or roleplay situation. From an outsider's point of view, let me explain. (I'm not an AB or DL.) An AB may age or role play and would have adult sized but child-like bottles, big safety pins on exaggerated diapers. A DL gets a kick out of wearing and using diapers or having leaks. 

Whereas the older guy using formula used a bottle for feeding small animals like a calf or deer. A larger bottle with a bigger and longer nipple. It was about being able to actually suck baby formula or just suckle the larger nipple. The older women comfort wetting used absorbent pads and not diapers.  

I don't think these people would be the type to seek out an internet group. It was all very personal and private. In these cases, it is some sort of private coping mechanism or escape from reality. I don't see anything even remotely sexual either. 

In 2 decades of volunteering, I've only come across 1, perhaps 2, actual obvious AB/DLs, 1 group of furries (living together), and only a handful in an LBGTQ+ category. But incidents of this new infantilism, is much, much higher than anything else. I thought it might be my confirmation bias but once I brought it up, others agree. 

On 8/26/2021 at 3:58 PM, rusty pins said:

@DailyDi what is your thoughts?  @rusty pins Came up with an interesting question here!

There has been a decrease in the number of registrations both here and on diapermates. I suspect this is partly due to changing internet trends (people joining different platforms) and ABDL being more publicly known so not as many "new" folks are discovering us.

I will say, that if you look on our member tracker, there is a huge lurker contingent among us. We average 55 members live on the forums at any given time, but another 150 "guests" reading stories and checking out topics while lurking.

@DailyDi

I agree with the trends that she say that change happens. When I was an IRC chat operator in 1995, IRC was probably waning.  Back in the heyday of 1993 or 1994, there were a lot of us that were probably 12 to 16, And possibly younger that were using the system. This was one way that we are able to keep in contact with many of our friends just like people do here on DD. As the times change in the technology changes so do the trends.  Possibly, because people understand some thing that they did not, or they have other things that they are doing and are not hanging around as much as they used to. This does not mean that the technology is dead, it just means that time change. I happen to like forums like this, because it gives me an opportunity to be able to state my opinion or to be able to post my viewpoint or tell my story and leave it here for others to read. Part of the disadvantage of the technology change is that the changes so fast that sometimes good technology is left in the dust.

Yes, it appears that we have a lot of people that lurk, and I was no different 25 years ago. However, because of DD, and because of the good people here, I now understand why I feel the way I do or what caused me to feel this way. I understand that there are individuals who like this lifestyle and I understand more about this lifestyle and the different types of people that we have here as users.

because of this place I have become a better person because I can understand others viewpoints and the way people feel.  I have also accepted who I am and why I feel the way I do and what was going on.  Technology will always change, the problem is that sometimes technology changes so fast that you cannot keep up with it and therefore something is lost in the translation or the shuffle. It is my hope that this place will be here for a longer period of time then a technology change, because technology changes so fast.

Technology will always change, the problem is that sometimes technology changes so fast that you cannot keep up with it and therefore something is lost in the translation or the shuffle. It is my hope that this place will be here for a longer period of time then a technology change, because technology changes so fast.

Mikey, thank you for everything you do around here and for all of those of you who help him make this place the best place in cyberspace.  You all are awesome individuals and very unique individuals and I am glad to know many of you, and be able to converse with you. You guys are all awesome! 

Fondly,

Brian

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

because of this place I have become a better person because I can understand others viewpoints and the way people feel.  

I certainly agree to this statement. When I first realized AB/DLs were a real thing, I had some pretty negative views about it and the people who were part of if. But over time, I see it as very benign. And I've learned a lot of information about adult diapers that was available no where else. This was a big help in figuring out what worked and what didn't. I'm sure I saved a lot of money and avoided a lot of stress and problems along the way. 

I've learned to be very tolerant of other people's view here. Who am I to judge someone if they want to use diapers? Even if I wasn't incontinent and had to wear a diaper or an invasive and painful catheter? Or if someone wanted to have purple hair? What harm or problem was it? In some cases, being different is just someone's idea of creativity. 

The AB/DL lifestyle while much different than my own, is just a form of play that some people enjoy. The fact that they have a form of play they can do all the time is very interesting. 

I'd even say that having such an attitude is a very positive way to approach life.  And millions of time more healthy, cheaper, and safer than drugs.

• Thanks 1

The reason for the increase might be because this generation's amount of babies that grew up in diapers our increasing too. Due to baby diapers being more comfortable and absorbent than they were back when we were babies.? oh boy, I would love to be a baby again so I could try them!? Another reason for the increase might be become of lazy and lax parenting nowadays. Hehehe!?? Which is again, good news for us. So as a result of that those people might be becoming diaper lovers and adult babies, especially because I'm finding out that there's a lot of young people in our community. I'm glad there's an increase in the number of babies and little ones in the ABDL community! I love making new baby friends!?? I'm glad we're becoming more well known too in terms of the public. The more of us there are, the more diaper parties we can have!????❤️???❤️ Our family always continues to grow!!!!☺️?❤️???❤️☺️????

barry-allen-need-more-diapers.gif

• Like 3

I think the downward trend on many sites is due to the growing usage of sites like facebook, instagram, or reddit.   So we can't necessarily look at membership #s as a correlation to the growth/decline of AB/DLs.   Myself...  I can't stand the format of reddit and will never supplicate myself to "big" social media.   Sadly, I've seen similar declines on other forums and now it's mostly us "old guys" keeping the lights on.  

On 8/25/2021 at 10:53 PM, spark said:

I've read so many articles on this.   Some mention teens and adult going back to older hobbies.  I've never seen one that directly links covid to potty training regression, and I'm quite sure nobody has done a study on adult regression.

You would be surprised.  I did a search on ABDL journal and research papers via my university library and there are 1257 results with titles such as :

"Etiological Perspectives of ABDL Behavior from Members of an Online ABDL Community" and "Exploring asexuality within an adult baby/diaper lover community" (the last one was even peer reviewed).

I was amazed at how many thesis and papers have been written about this community.  Often with no clue what they were talking about lol.  

18 minutes ago, InD said:

You would be surprised.  I did a search on ABDL journal and research papers via my university library and there are 1257 results with titles such as :

"Etiological Perspectives of ABDL Behavior from Members of an Online ABDL Community" and "Exploring asexuality within an adult baby/diaper lover community" (the last one was even peer reviewed).

I was amazed at how many thesis and papers have been written about this community.  Often with no clue what they were talking about lol.  

That is interesting @InD

• Like 1

I think there are many more kids, especially boys wearing nappies and pull ups at a a much later age than they used to. Perhaps not all the time, but on days out and travelling and in bed. Bedwetting for kids under five is now considered normal and like the post said kids are wearing and wetting much longer. Stigma about bedwetting is still there, but it is normalised now and judging by the socks of bigger nappies in supermarkets - lots of kids are wearing