LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing at the doctor

I know this topic has been discussed, but I wanted to add my recent story.

I had eye surgery on Monday which was an out patient procedure and went under a local anesthetic.   I choose to wear a Crinklz diaper for convenience and as a security blanket.   AFAIK, my opthamolgist doesn't know about my diaper usage, so I wanted to be discreet.  It wasn't that big of a deal because I wore some sweat pants and had the gown over it, and the sweat pants were necessary in the ER because it was so cold.    

Typically in situations like this I wear but tend to moderate my usage.  However I had to pee after being hooked up to the IV and was waiting for my procedure, so I was thankful for the padding.

I probably should have used the diaper when I was released and resting at my friends house.   I went to use my friends bathroom and my aim was off due to the fact one eye was blocked.  I missed the toilet.

I haven't worn to the doctor....but I have worn to the dentist.  Just yesterday I wore an Abena L4 to my dental cleaning.  Everyone in the office is still required to wear masks so even odours aren't really a thing right now....

I wear to the dentist all of the time because not wearing one is not an option. I also wear a t shirt onesie to keep everything snug and close to my body. Most visits go off without a hitch, however one time I was having a root canal.  It was a ninety minute procedure and as I am laying there my diaper begins to swell and the bulge became quite noticeable, at least to me.  I caught the dental assistant look down at my crotch then look up at the dentist and kind of squint at him then look back down. All the while trying not to be detected by me.  Nothing was said, they are professionals after all and with the health laws, what could they say?  But I know they know, I wear diapers....

I've worn to the doctor's often, it's only come up a couple times.

Once an x-ray tech said he saw something odd on my x-ray. I asked if it could be my diaper, nope it was the big honking wire in body.

The other time I was asked what kind of underwear I wear by a Urologist PA. I told her diapers. She didn't blink, and suggested something more supportive. Note the problem there led to the big honking wire being put in my body.

My DL friend passed away 3 years ago this month from cancer, but he once told me he had to go to the VA to get some scans.  He wore his cloth diapers and plastic pants thinking it was going to just be an upper chest scan, but it turned out to be a full body scan!  They put him in one of those short hospital gowns that tied in the back and he told me he had to stand out in the hall waiting his turn.  He said he stood with his back to the wall but obviously was unable to hide that he had a diaper on when he turned around to go in for his scan.  I knew him for 10 years and he was not one for public humiliation or letting his diapers show.

• Like 1

Loads of times. From basic appointments. To standimg in nothing but my nappy. X rays and scans with open back gowns. 

No one battered an eyelid.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:30 PM, drynot said:

I haven't worn to the doctor....but I have worn to the dentist.  Just yesterday I wore an Abena L4 to my dental cleaning.  Everyone in the office is still required to wear masks so even odours aren't really a thing right now....

I wouldn’t be so sure about the masks ability to filter poop smell.  

Last week I had physical yearly check up. My Family Dr office got new Dr and staff from last time i was at the office. It was all good till the nurse ask me to pee in a cup and i looked at her and ask how i am incontinent and wear diaper. She was like ok we will skip that. I did not even have to take my pants off, I don't think the Dr wanted to deal with the diaper. I left my family Dr to go to my next Dr appointment to see my surgeon with no time to stop and change. I lasted 6 hours in NorthShore Supreme I could hear my self crinkle at times but i would have thought the nurses could have noticed i was wearing but i guess not. 

I am self-conscious on smell, if i think i smell i change. But some people - patience's  in the Dr office Just need to take a Bath and wash there ass and some just need to use deodorant.

3 hours ago, technomonkey said:

Last week I had physical yearly check up. My Family Dr office got new Dr and staff from last time i was at the office. It was all good till the nurse ask me to pee in a cup and i looked at her and ask how i am incontinent and wear diaper. She was like ok we will skip that. I did not even have to take my pants off, I don't think the Dr wanted to deal with the diaper. I left my family Dr to go to my next Dr appointment to see my surgeon with no time to stop and change. I lasted 6 hours in NorthShore Supreme I could hear my self crinkle at times but i would have thought the nurses could have noticed i was wearing but i guess not. 

I am self-conscious on smell, if i think i smell i change. But some people - patience's  in the Dr office Just need to take a Bath and wash there ass and some just need to use deodorant.

They are nurses. If they noticed, they aren't going to say anything.

• Like 1

It depends on the Dr office and the nurses when i was going to University of Michigan Hospital I had a few nurses ask if i needed an under pad or anything. I gave that question like what do you mean, they would say are you incontinence? i just tell nurse i am good don't need anything. I am sure my charts might have had it noted. I know the neurosurgeon was not a fan of diapers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 2:08 PM, technomonkey said:

Last week I had physical yearly check up. My Family Dr office got new Dr and staff from last time i was at the office. It was all good till the nurse ask me to pee in a cup and i looked at her and ask how i am incontinent and wear diaper.

I always carry  an intermittent catheter  just in case i need to pee in the cup.

• 6 months later...

I wear diapers to my Dr. She knows all about my incontinence and my needing to wear diapers. During the exam she will check my bottom and diaper area to look for any rash or irritation. Sometimes even she or one of her nurses help me into a new diaper if needed after the exam.

I wear my diapers to my doctors appointment’s and many of them know I’m incontinent and diaper dependent. Even they’ll check my diapers to make sure I’m not leaking or developing a diaper rash. If I do need a diaper change, the nurse’s will change my diaper for me.

• Like 1

I wear my diapers to the doctors, dentist, or any other type of appointments that I actually attend. The doctor and the nurses that work with me, are fully aware of my incontinence in my diaper dependence, and it is in my records that I am incontinent both ways, because it says in my Records “continuous leakage of urine, fecal incontinence with fecal urgency”. I believe that also covers my IBS as well, because sometimes my IBS and my diverticulitis can cause trouble. This can happen if I eat the wrong things, or if I eat something that is full of seeds. The doctor told me that this can cause my diverticulitis to be worse. I am trying to eat better, and I have been feeling a lot better, so diverticulitis should not be as bad as it used to be. In 2019 I was wondering what the heck was going on, because I was just releasing things all over the place, and that is when I decided I had enough of it and way went to diapers 24 seven.

@Kawaharu and I also wear diapers to all appointments. For some reason, I am in a doctors office, and I think I am leaking, or they believe that there is a medical problem, when they examine me, they will make note of it and probably help me. I am sure that if I needed help in that regard, a nurse would be able to come in and do it, but I’m not sure if that would be something the doctor would ask, or if it would be something that I would have to ask. The reason why I asked them to write that I was totally incontinent both ways, is because of the fact that I thought I need diapers in the hospital, there would be no medical reason to deny me, and there would be no physical reason to deny me either, because of the fact that I would just release whenever it felt like releasing, and I would not be in control of what releases.

One of the things that I always do if I have to go into a hospital, is to carry my own diapers on board. This is because that we all know that most of the hospitals would give you diapers that are subpar, and unable to handle what you are releasing. If you bring your own diapers in, you have the ability to be comfortable in them, know their capacity, and probably feel better about yourself.  I believe I have even use the diaper while I was in the doctors office in his presence, and now that it is so easy to do it, it is something that I do without even thinking about it, and when I go into the doctors office, I always add the Garywear incontinence underwear over the top of my mega max. This is one of the things I do when I know I’m going somewhere, and I’m not sure when I’ll return, or how much I will release. It comes in handy when you were working seven hour days, and you’re not sure when you’ll be able to stop and change. Most times, I also add my boosters, and I add two of those to the diaper. I can guarantee you if you have a booster in your diaper, you will have enough capacity because it makes your diaper a little bit thicker, and a booster is supposed to end up allowing the liquid that is released to go down into the diapers padding, and since it allows the liquid to pass through, it makes the diaper last longer. The last time I was in the ER, was in the midst of the 2020 pandemic, and I didn’t have anything to worry about: I don’t think anybody is going to tell me that I can’t wear a diaper, or that it is wrong to do it, and I’m sure that if I needed it someone would be able to help me. The only thing that I can’t do is have my support people changing my diapers, because that is not something that is in my allowable plan. If I needed that type of assistance, I would have that Level of care, and that would be on my plan, I’m glad I have the plan because that tells me what they can do, what they can’t do, and that gives me the ability to ask if I need something and let’s say the plan is ambiguous, or does not really say one way or the other whether it’s allowable: in that case, I would always call them and ask. It is always a good thing to ask rather than to assume. That is the agreement that I have with my support providers, because that way I don’t get in trouble, and neither do the people that assist me.

There are even a couple of times when I had to change at work, because I had to used my diaper.  Thank God that we have a fully accessible handicap bathroom in the basement next to my office. When I have to change, I just go in there, lock the door, and then do my business, change, and then clean up and deposit the waist in a bag and then take the bag and deposit it in the main can.  I’ve done this several times, no one has a problem with it, but everyone that I work with knows of my incontinence and my issues, so there is nothing to worry about.

Brian

• Like 1

I am not technically incontinent, but I do occasionally have issues when prevented from going to the bathroom (e.g. stuck in traffic, stuck on a aircraft with the fasten seatbelt sign lit, etc.).  I started wearing 24/7 about 2 years ago.  Last year was the first year I wore diapers to doctor visits, which included a urologist visit. No one mentioned a thing last year. 

I get massage therapy, and I asked the massage therapist beforehand if she had any issue with me wearing a diaper during the appointment. No issue.  Out of curtesy, I always ensure I have a clean, dry diaper at the appointment.

Today, I had a doctor's appointment, and although my doctor didn't question the diaper, this time he asked if my prostate medicine was doing its job. I told him I thought it was, and then realized that he was asking about my diaper. So I explained that I had no medical reason for wearing them. He was aware of the rare accidents, but I made it clear that I was an AB/DL and that I wore because it is a comfort thing. He said it wasn't hurting anything and if it relieved stress then ok. I think he was particularly understanding because he knows I am still dealing with losing my wife last year from illness. 

Regardless, it isn't a big deal. medical professionals see a lot of stuff, and this doesn't get them too worked up. While I agree it isn't good to inflict our kink on others, I don't see this as the same. I wear these 24/7 and I am not going to stop. When I see a medical professional, or a massage therapist, or go to the gym, I will be discrete, respectful, and still be who I am.

• Like 2
On 7/15/2021 at 12:07 PM, spark said:

I know this topic has been discussed, but I wanted to add my recent story.

I had eye surgery on Monday which was an out patient procedure and went under a local anesthetic.   I choose to wear a Crinklz diaper for convenience and as a security blanket.   AFAIK, my opthamolgist doesn't know about my diaper usage, so I wanted to be discreet.  It wasn't that big of a deal because I wore some sweat pants and had the gown over it, and the sweat pants were necessary in the ER because it was so cold.    

Typically in situations like this I wear but tend to moderate my usage.  However I had to pee after being hooked up to the IV and was waiting for my procedure, so I was thankful for the padding.

I probably should have used the diaper when I was released and resting at my friends house.   I went to use my friends bathroom and my aim was off due to the fact one eye was blocked.  I missed the toilet.

I lost an eye when I was 11 years old, when it happened I never had a problem with missing the toilet as the hospital put me in diapers after I wet my bed the first night .

By the time I was released from the hospital 3 months later I has a problem keeping my pants dry as I got so used to just going without worry, and my parents would not allow me to wear diapers once I got home, was an interesting year in school that fall.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

I lost an eye when I was 11 years old, when it happened I never had a problem with missing the toilet as the hospital put me in diapers after I wet my bed the first night .

By the time I was released from the hospital 3 months later I has a problem keeping my pants dry as I got so used to just going without worry, and my parents would not allow me to wear diapers once I got home, was an interesting year in school that fall.

Really?? what happened buddy, could you elaborate? After you got out of the hospital did you tell your parents you liked to wear diapers? Did they make you re-potty train?????☹️?

Yeap and being an adult baby, I am required to wear my diapers all the time. Like @~Brian~ I am diapered to all my medical appointments and it's even on my medical records that I am Incontinent and required to be kept in diapers. Many times Nurses will diaper check me to make sure I am not leaking or developing a rash. Often they will diaper change me.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Kawaharu said:

Yeap and being an adult baby, I am required to wear my diapers all the time. Like @~Brian~ I am diapered to all my medical appointments and it's even on my medical records that I am Incontinent and required to be kept in diapers. Many times Nurses will diaper check me to make sure I am not leaking or developing a rash. Often they will diaper change me.

Do you have a daddy to take care of you?!?????????

• Sad 1

I actually planed this post with its own topic, but it fits in here, perfectly:

To show or not to show…
I doubt weather Shakespeare had all these adaptions in mind, when he wrote his Masterwork Hamlet. And actually, the first headline for this post, that popped into my mind was: “To shame or not to shame…” 

But here is the story:
A couple of months ago I, made a visit to my dermatologist, because of some skin irregularity at my head. And to make it short: I ended up with my clothes off, only wearing a pull-up diaper and a PVC-Cover.

How did it happen?
In the morning I already thought about the date and wondered what to put on. I wear pull-ups for some years now and for many months every day. And I didn’t plan to change it for this day. 
I only wondered which cover I was supposed to wear. First, I put on a black PU-Short, but switched to a semi-transparent light-blue Suprima-PVC-Short. 

The only “naughty” thought I had in the morning, that maybe a little piece of the pants may show while sitting on a chair, waiting for the examination.

But it happened that the female doc not just had a look at the thing on my head, but also asked me if she should check my whole body for other marks and spots, as it had been quite a while ago since last time.

I really didn’t have the whole body check-up in mind when I chose my underwear outfit in the morning. But when she asked me, I (pretty) immediately said, Ok, why not.
And while saying it, almost regretted it again. 
But I also knew, if I backed out now, I would regret it even more. 

And in order to calm me a little and not to make the doc feel uncomfortable, I told her before I undressed, that I was wearing incontinence underwear and if that was OK.
She said, no problem and I undressed and just stood there in my undies.

Because of Corona, the doc and I were wearing masks and it was hard to tell about her reaction.
But I think she was pretty cool with it and didn’t mind it at all.

But one thing I definitely didn’t have in mind when agreeing to the examination:
After I had put off my clothes, a young female assistant came into the room and helped the doc.

Around 15-20 Minutes I had to lie down on a bed, had to turn around and finally to sit on the bed for the feet-examination. At this point I could see the eyes of the assistant looking at my pants, which she probably hasn’t seen before.

The weeks after the appointment I wasn’t sure if I liked the experience or not. If I would repeat it or if I shall look for another dermatologist for the next time.
But today, I think it wasn’t that bad (or me). After all, they are docs and have sure seen something similar before – maybe not someone my age (56).
Next time I’d only wear pull-ups with normal underwear and leave the PVC-pants.

• Like 2

I had a malignant melanoma removed and have had to have skin checks ever since. I'm incon so I go in a diaper and it's still somewhat awkward even after 10 years. The Dr. is really good about it and I have to get it done but it does cause some stress.