LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What goes on a hotdog?

On 7/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, DailyDi said:

It's a big grilling weekend in the states. Which brings me to ask: What goes on a hotdog?

For me if it's a plain dog I like some ketchup. If available I always go for a chili dog or dog with meat sauce.

@DailyDi

On Mine, I put ketchup and mustard:  I use French's or Guildens Mustard, and when available, like onions on mine ;)

HAPPY 4th ;)

Brian

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

On Mine, I put ketchup and mustard:  I use French's or Guildens Mustard, and when available, like onions on mine ;)

HAPPY 4th ;)

Brian

Me too!??????

• Like 1
12 hours ago, square_duck said:

To answer the OP, I prefer brats over 'hotdogs' , but what I put on it will differ. I really like saurkraut, cheese, mustard( of coarse) relish, or pickles,onions....onions....and onions!!??, ketsup.....meh, maybe if in the mood....and of coarse (((((((C*H*I*L*I))))))))))!!!!! if you want fart fuel!! ??

Thats just me, ymmv..

If you're ever visiting DC, you MUST try out Bens Chili Bowl.  The Half-smoke with chili is simply AWESOME!  Along with the chili-fries (no cheese).

But... on the topic of hotdogs... I'd rather have smoked sausages.  Not a fan of brats.  This is my current go-to.  They do have a "hot" variety.  I tried them once but didn't care for the taste. 

parks-beef-sausage.jpg

• Thanks 1
On 7/3/2021 at 10:55 AM, DailyDi said:

It's a big grilling weekend in the states. Which brings me to ask: What goes on a hotdog? 

My other answer would be, 2 lips,..... The only thing that goes on MY hotdog!! ?

6 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Chili and sauerkraut is my jam.  But lacking those things, skip the bun, cut it up, and throw it in some beans!  

Beanie Weenies for the win!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

My mom makes the best beanie weenies!??????❤️?

If she uses Nathan's or some other kosher, skinless dog, I totes get why!  

45 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

If she uses Nathan's or some other kosher, skinless dog, I totes get why!  

She knows how to make it really good. It's delicious!

3 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

How about the dog itself?

https://uproxx.com/life/best-grocery-store-hot-dog-2021/

YMMV.

They lost me when they ranked Ball Park Angus over Nathan's.  

Ball Park dogs have literally no flavor to them at all.  I bought those once, ate a couple, and threw the rest in the trash.  

Also, in terms of esoteric deli dogs, the fact that he failed to even hunt down Schonland's (https://kayemcommerce.com/products/schonlands-20-franks-2-5-lb-box) before he made this list is somewhat appalling.  

5 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

They lost me when they ranked Ball Park Angus over Nathan's.  

Ball Park dogs have literally no flavor to them at all.  I bought those once, ate a couple, and threw the rest in the trash.  

Also, in terms of esoteric deli dogs, the fact that he failed to even hunt down Schonland's (https://kayemcommerce.com/products/schonlands-20-franks-2-5-lb-box) before he made this list is somewhat appalling.  

Gotta love hotdog snobs!!! ? much of this is both regional, and personal. For many out here on the west coast, the BEST hotdogs are Dodger dogs at Dodger stadium ( regional) but people in the midwest or east or anywhere else have never had one, so no point of reference. Others on the East coast swear by Coney Island dogs.....Personally I never had one, so no clue there. Heck, I go to Costco andget the $1.50 special, a hotdog and soda.....and dress it up as I want *shrug* but thats just me. There is a place out here called "The dog haus", which has "specialty" dogs, brats and such, which are actually pretty good!!! but EXPENSIVE!!! I have only been there a couple of times, Since I don't want it to become a habit..

4 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Gotta love hotdog snobs!!! ? much of this is both regional, and personal. For many out here on the west coast, the BEST hotdogs are Dodger dogs at Dodger stadium ( regional) but people in the midwest or east or anywhere else have never had one, so no point of reference. Others on the East coast swear by Coney Island dogs.....Personally I never had one, so no clue there. Heck, I go to Costco andget the $1.50 special, a hotdog and soda.....and dress it up as I want *shrug* but thats just me. There is a place out here called "The dog haus", which has "specialty" dogs, brats and such, which are actually pretty good!!! but EXPENSIVE!!! I have only been there a couple of times, Since I don't want it to become a habit..

Ever have a Schonland's hotdog? They are amazing! I'd forgotten about them as no one around here carries them.

14 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Ever have a Schonland's hotdog? They are amazing! I'd forgotten about them as no one around here carries them.

Nope, never even heard of them. Again, must be a regional thing, but I'll look for them, if they are available out this way.?

On 7/6/2021 at 1:45 AM, square_duck said:

My other answer would be, 2 lips,..... The only thing that goes on MY hotdog!! ?

As my grandmother would say "This is not dinner-time conversation!" :roflmao:

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Ain't they though?  I grew up eating them.  Linkee was included if you have an itch for some.  I already ordered a couple boxes.  :D 

• Like 1