LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you have a diaper bin (pail)?

So as a follow up to my past few posts, I've worn every day this week, not all the time (my brother heard the crinkles on the second day).

But I'm likely gonna pull my mum to the side or just try to keep a casual conversation and remind her of the few accidents I've had in the past (she probably knows) and mention I'm going to wear protection as and when I feel it's needed.

Over the span of this week though, I've basically half filled our outside garbage bin (apparently holds 240L) with diapers. 

It got emptied on Tuesday lol.

So yea, I'm gonna take a few out put them in a bigger bag and take them to a local litter bin thing and try to get them all in there. 

But do you have a diaper pail at home? How do you go about disposal?

I wear diapers every day but my husband knows it. It may seem like overkill but I put each days two diapers in a plastic bag (grocery store bag) and then put it in a scented trash bag. After a few days I Carry it out to the big trash can outside. 

I recently implemented the use of a diaper pail in my walk-in closet; I had been tossing diapers into our bathroom garbage can temporarily, but then emptying it daily into one of the garage bins, but, my wife assigned my younger daughter the chore of emptying the household dustbins once a week, and there have been some near-misses, so, I decided I needed a dedicated solution. 

I empty the diaper pail a couple of times a week, into cinched bags that then go into the garage trash cans. The smell is not inconsiderable, but, if I change it out fairly frequently, it's not uncontrollable, either. I'm the one who puts the trash out every second week (they pick up recycling on a weekly basis), so I don't have much concern about anything being noticed by my kids - even if one of them decided to do it (unlikely), all that would be involved is dragging wheeled bins out to the curb. No forensic examination would be warranted, or, I'm sure, desired. 

I do have one recurrent fear, though: we live in an area with abundant wildlife, including the ever-present trash pandas (racoons), that make a meal out of anything not secured in a hard container. As a side note, they played around with making our organics bins out of soy-based plastic a few years ago, until it was discovered that these were like tasty bread bowls to the racoons - the bins themselves were edible, in addition to their fetid contents. But back to my main point - every once in a while, my wife cleans out her office or her car or one of the kids' rooms or whatever, and comes up with a bag of trash, and she has, a couple of times pulled one of the big black industrial garbage bags out of one of the wheeled bins, stuffed her contribution into it, and then left it on the curb, if she thought that putting it back into the can would be difficult, or if the bag was too heavy for her lifting preferences. Our house is probably 500 meters from the local school, and many of my neighbours stream past us with their progeny in the morning, or they did, back when schools were open, and they presumably will again. What happens if my wife pulls a bag out, puts something in it, leaves it on the curb, and then it get eviscerated by the explorations of the noble trash pandas? Will there be a few Lil' Monsters and maybe a Bambino Teddy strewn about my driveway, and the road? 

I have a 10 gallon heavy duty plastic container, with a snap-on lid, that I put all my cloth diapers in. Since I usually only wear cloth diapers at night, for my bedwetting, it will hold 5 to 7 nights worth of wet diapers, depending on how thickly I diaper myself for bed. For my disposable diapers, I have a plastic trash bag next to my cloth diaper pail, and I put my wet diapers in there.

I usually wash my cloth diapers when my diaper pail gets to full to put the lid on. On the night before trash pickup day, I throw the bag of disposable diapers in the trash cart, when I put it out by the curb. I use to double bag my wet disposable diapers, so you could not tell they were diapers, if someone opened my trash cart. But for the last few years, I don't care if someone sees diapers in my trash, they'll just know I'm a bedwetter!

I wear 24/7.  A dedicated bin is mandatory in my opinion.  I have a flip-top bin in my study, the bin bag for which gets taken outside to the wheelie bin twice per week.   The weight of half a week's worth of wet adult nappies is not inconsiderable.  I use an enzymatic cleaner spray periodically on the bin interior to keep down any odour.  Cloth nappies are trickier.  I have a soaker bucket that is semi-hidden in the laundry but cloth nappies really need to be washed within 48 hours of use.

I use black 100 liter trash bags, that I only fill halfway at max.
1 per week.  Throw them out the day before pickup, which is currently every 2 weeks, but in 2022 they are changing that to once a month, so then I have to figure out another way, and throw them in public bins, or pack them differently as the dump only take clear trash bags, as they are nosy and want to see what people throw away. 

(Once a month cause they want everyone to recycle, so we get 4 bins; trash, paper, metal/glass, food waste, and plastic bags for plastic.)
No dedicated bin for diapers, so I get screwed as I can fill the current bin in 2 weeks.

Normally I use two plastic buckets with lids.  One's in the bathroom, & the other's in the outhouse by the washing machine.  Once they're both full, ie every two days, they go in the washing machine.  At the moment one of our daughters is here, so instead of buckets I'm using a big drybag (as used for canoeing etc), which I stash in the secret cupboard under the bath.  Every morning I sneak it down to the outhouse & empty it into the washing machine or one of the buckets, which are hidden.

When we're away I generally wear disposables, but I still try to minimise the number of plastic bags I use.

If I am in a cloth diaper and plastic pants mood I rinse my wet diaper and put it in a diaper pail until I put a load in the wash. I hand wash the plastic pants and let them air dry. For disposable diapers whether wet or messy I just wrap the soiled diaper in a plastic grocery bag and then in the garbage bin outside. Trash pick up is on Wednesdays.

I have a Diaper Dekor+ that I have in my bathroom and I put my diapers and my wife's menstrual products in it. Nobody goes in that bathroom, so nobody is paying attention to what is in it. Our daughters' diaper pail is an Ubbi which we keep next to the changing table in the nursery, but only baby diapers go in there. 

23 hours ago, Dubious said:

1 per week.  Throw them out the day before pickup, which is currently every 2 weeks, but in 2022 they are changing that to once a month, so then I have to figure out another way, and throw them in public bins, or pack them differently as the dump only take clear trash bags, as they are nosy and want to see what people throw away.

What on earth are parents of babies supposed to do?  Or incontinent adults?  You can't be alone facing this problem surely.

4 hours ago, oznl said:

What on earth are parents of babies supposed to do?  Or incontinent adults?  You can't be alone facing this problem surely.

You can deliver the trash at the "dump" for free, but you have to use clear trash bag. (Throws it in a big container)
They have never checked what's it it, just that its clear bag, so my guess is that it gets sorted at some bigger place.

or pay more money and get a bigger bin.

2 hours ago, Dubious said:

or pay more money and get a bigger bin.

AAAND, there's the answer: follow the money...  Happens down here too, "green washing" of initiatives really designed just to extract more money from people for the same or less service.

I would sugest the Ubbi Steel Odor Locking bin, it uses normal bin liners so safes you money, I have not used this one myself but have heard good stories.

As a Parent (and DL) I have noticed that the plastic bins start to smell after a while. We have a Tommee Tippee Diaper bin, it's become a little smelly over time but as we still have those propriatary bags we will keep using it till finished.

I slip mine in too on ocasion. ?

On 6/13/2021 at 10:59 AM, cathdiap said:

Not yet, but as soon as my youngest son leaves the house I will have it all for myself and then I will buy this one and place it in the closet of my bedroom.

http://janibell.com/products/m330da

Over here in The Netherlands it costs about € 43 ($ 52).

I found a short tutorial on YouTube:

In follow-up to my previous post, this is the one I have, it works real good in containing odors. A very wet NS Supreme or Dry24/7 (size large, rolled-up) drops right in. IMO, doesn't take up too much space. The first couple of times replacing the liners can be difficult, but gets easier one you've don it a few times.

@megaaaan

I don't have a "Bin" per say - I use either white or black (preferably black) trash bags with drawstings (usually Hefty bags or equivalent) and when I take a diaper off, I put it in a bag that I place in the bay of my shower.  When it gets full, I just take it to the trash Chute, and drop it in.  I don't think I would get a diaper "bin" because if you leave them in there too long, I would be afraid that it would smell bad, but most of these GOOD ones have ways to deal with the odors.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information

I started with an ubbi and it works well but the opening isn't sufficient for a full adult diaper.  I now just use whichever bin I'm closest to when I change and take them all out with the regular trash.

• Like 1