LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mixed opinions on new Goodnites

So I got my free sample of large and Extra Large Goodnites in the Mail on Thursday but had to wait until today to try them out. So here are my thoughts on them:

I think they are softer, and on first try seem more absorbent. They are only slightly larger than the old L/XL but the sides are definitely stretchier and they don’t seem to pinch like the old ones. The rise is still a little too low for my taste but I will probably buy a pack just for when I want something more discrete. They are a tiny bit thicker then the old ones. Biggest complaint I guess I have is that they aren’t any wider in the crotch or butt, so it doesn’t feel as secure as a diaper or an adult pull-up. For the record, I am 5’11” inches and 148 pounds with a 29 1/2 inch waist. Technically I fall within the targeted weight range for these but I guess they still aren’t counting on adults in that range to buy these but rather less defined body shapes of young teenagers. 

all in all they are better than they were but not going to replace my diapers any time soon.

7443E357-2173-4CB8-ADB5-2B17292C1A01.jpeg

19 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

Honestly these are meant for children. Our kids are just getting fatter by the day.

I know, which is why I don’t understand why baby diapers, pull-ups, and bed wetting pants just keep getting smaller. I still have some of the vintage pre-2000 all white Goodnites and they fit me perfectly. Plus they are wide enough, tall enough and 3x thicker 

14 minutes ago, Babyqtboy said:

I know, which is why I don’t understand why baby diapers, pull-ups, and bed wetting pants just keep getting smaller. I still have some of the vintage pre-2000 all white Goodnites and they fit me perfectly. Plus they are wide enough, tall enough and 3x thicker 

I am sort of shocked the ABDL market hasnt made an actual pull-up

50 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

I am sort of shocked the ABDL market hasnt made an actual pull-up

It's been looked into, and Bambino even tried (printed version of current adult pullons style), but the machine to make adult sizes goodnite-style pull-ups does not exist and would have to be made from the ground up at a cost of a million bucks.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

It's been looked into, and Bambino even tried (printed version of current adult pullons style), but the machine to make adult sizes goodnite-style pull-ups does not exist and would have to be made from the ground up at a cost of a million bucks.

Good to know!??

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

My friend that made the SeaSide Princess diapers did look into it, and thats what he mentioned that the RnD/Machine work would make the same package of diapers 3 times as much since none of it was setup yet.

• Like 1

@AwakenEvil@DailyDi

I am assuming that the reason for this HIGH cost is because you have to take a baby diaper, and be able to copy it as close as possible, and then make it sized for an adult, and in order to do this, there is a lot of RnD/Machine work, as @AwakenEvil says, and that is due to the fact that you have to make many adjustments to the machine(s).  It does make sense that the larger sizes need to be watched more closely and monitored to make sure that they are made well, and the bigger the diaper you make, the more RAW MATERIALS have to be used to make the products, and hence, the price is higher, because you may not be able to run a lot of them where you can "set it and forget it" for a while.

@DailyDi says that it would cost a MILLION DOLLARS to do that?  WOW - That's a LOT of Green, Mikey!

Brian

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

@AwakenEvil@DailyDi

I am assuming that the reason for this HIGH cost is because you have to take a baby diaper, and be able to copy it as close as possible, and then make it sized for an adult, and in order to do this, there is a lot of RnD/Machine work, as @AwakenEvil says, and that is due to the fact that you have to make many adjustments to the machine(s).  It does make sense that the larger sizes need to be watched more closely and monitored to make sure that they are made well, and the bigger the diaper you make, the more RAW MATERIALS have to be used to make the products, and hence, the price is higher, because you may not be able to run a lot of them where you can "set it and forget it" for a while.

@DailyDi says that it would cost a MILLION DOLLARS to do that?  WOW - That's a LOT of Green, Mikey!

Brian

Likely several millions. I used to work in the plastics industry as an IT guy, and I remember working along side an engineer with those machines. Any new bottle we created that needed a whole different process, and mold making machine was several million to build and the RnD research in the 3d printing was ridiculous. Some of our 3d printers alone were around a million dollars.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

Likely several millions. I used to work in the plastics industry as an IT guy, and I remember working along side an engineer with those machines. Any new bottle we created that needed a whole different process, and mold making machine was several million to build and the RnD research in the 3d printing was ridiculous. Some of our 3d printers alone were around a million dollars.

@AwakenEvil

WOW - It is incredible what we can do with technology these days - I can understand the reasoning for having the higher costs, because you have to make either NEW machines, NEW processes, or you have to MODIFY the current machinery to be able to do the jobs you need to do:  When I got my first computer that was a PC in 1991, it cost me $1,500 for the monitor, CPU, mouse, Printer and software.  Nowadays, you can pay like $550+ for a machine like that, and you just get windows 10, a CPU, a monitor and a keyboard.  YOU have to buy all the software, or subscribe to MS 365 or whatever.

Those 3-D printers are amazing, and they can do a lot of things:  I won't be getting one, because of the sheer COST of the device:  I don't doubt that the machines cost HUGE amounts of GREENBACKS, and THAT is why you don't see a lot of adult diaper companies willing to do the "ab themed" stuff without having to charge more for the products they make.

I just wish some of these companies that make Low Quality "Junk" would realize that the cheaper they make it, the cheaper it may COST, but it cost guys like US (consumers) because we have to find out that the products we TRUST and the companies we TRUST to give us "Quality Products" are driven to make things cheap, because the State Medicaid Programs won't PAY for the good stuff anymore, and instead, you get BAD or SUBPAR products, and they are no better than putting a Bounty Paper Towel on your BUTT - Shameful.

Glad I have the Mega Maxes - I have only had one issue, and the company fixed that for me ;)

I saw a post last night that had to do with 3-D Printing of Catheters - (3D Printing

@kasarberangmakes good points about the safety of anything that is 3-D printed that has the intended purpose of being wearable.  You can usually print PARTS for projects, but I doubt I'd wear anything printed ;)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 1
On 3/8/2021 at 9:26 AM, Babyqtboy said:

I used to wear them when they came out in XL. Granted, I was 20 years younger, 40+ lbs lighter, and maybe a couple waist sizes smaller. Tried to wear them back in 2012. They fit okay, but had to be really careful about using them. I’m kind of hopeful for the newer XL size. 

On 3/8/2021 at 10:16 AM, DailyDi said:

I ended up buying 2 packs of those. They didn’t seem to be well recieved. I thought they were okay, with the understanding that they weren’t made for flooding necessarily. I didn’t care much for the design, but were good for wearing where I normally wouldn’t  have. 

Having said all that, I would love to have Goodnites like they were in the late 90’s, early 2k in a size that would fit me. But I don’t think it’s going to happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

i'm 5'3 100lbs and I felt like the new goodnites were almost too big. They were so stretchy on the waist that they sag really badly when wet and side sleepers beware because they have a major gap where leg and crotch meet if you are skinny enough to not stretch the elastic all the way. love the new pattern with the flowers though, the stripes look kinda gross. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

they must be a big hit- I went to three stores today looking for more XLS and all of them were sold out! crazy. ended up with some family dollar brand kidgets to sleep in wich I love the pattern but the fit is so tight even on me. 

On 3/25/2021 at 2:09 PM, Bbbird said:

i'm 5'3 100lbs and I felt like the new goodnites were almost too big. They were so stretchy on the waist that they sag really badly when wet and side sleepers beware because they have a major gap where leg and crotch meet if you are skinny enough to not stretch the elastic all the way. love the new pattern with the flowers though, the stripes look kinda gross. 

You are so petite, you can probably wear baby diapers.

• Like 1
On 3/8/2021 at 9:16 AM, DailyDi said:

*eye rolls* Really? Hmmm....

Not going to spoil it anyways.

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

I was very excited to see them finally hitting shelves by us!  I'm a fan, as I tried the sample pack a short while ago.

The sides are distinctly stretchier.  I feel like the old L/XL always had a risk of ripping (I have 36in hips) whenever pulling on.  I had to kind of gently stretch out the elastic, which meant I couldn't wear them after a shower/bath.  The fabric stuck too much and was impossible.  These ones went on easily.

Absorbancey is the same/comparable.  No leak problems, though I also rarely push them too much.  They're just a pull up; one and done unless you're asking for trouble.

And to be fair I can't argue the price.  The 9 count is $10.99 (1.22 each) and the 28 count is $26.49 ($.94 each)
Comparably, Always Discreet is 28 for $19.29 ($.69 each).  Though a little cheaper in price, you're also losing look and feel factor.  I personally would pay the extra $6 knowing that I'll use a high-quality long-term diaper when I'm home and comfortable, and a single Goodnite when I'm in my workplace and find using the restroom is easier.

• Like 1

Can anyone verify if the new sizes are finally available in Canada. I'm in the range of the new XL according the package but its been so long since I purchased Goodnites. How do you tell if you're buying the new version compared to the older one?   

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 11:42 PM, carsfan said:

Can anyone verify if the new sizes are finally available in Canada. I'm in the range of the new XL according the package but its been so long since I purchased Goodnites. How do you tell if you're buying the new version compared to the older one?   

Walmart claims to have them on their website but I have not gone in to verify. I have not seen them in any other stores and I have looked.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, messyman said:

Walmart claims to have them on their website but I have not gone in to verify. I have not seen them in any other stores and I have looked.

For anyone else who cares about this I had the day off work and had a few arrends to run. I went to Walmart, Superstore and Save on Foods in my city (Vancouver) as they are all right next to one another. Only Superstore had the updated sizes on the shelf but atleast someone is carrying them in Canada. Hopefully they become available everywhere in the not too distant future.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, carsfan said:

For anyone else who cares about this I had the day off work and had a few arrends to run. I went to Walmart, Superstore and Save on Foods in my city (Vancouver) as they are all right next to one another. Only Superstore had the updated sizes on the shelf but atleast someone is carrying them in Canada. Hopefully they become available everywhere in the not too distant future.

Interesting - I'll have to have a look. The old L/XL size was my go-to very early on in my DL "career", before I discovered "real" diapers. Trying on the XL size would be a novelty for me - their capacity likely still leaves much to be desired, even if they fit a bit better.