LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Single, double, or triple tape tabs. What’s your Preference?

Dapperdan

Single is kinda cool, the kiddos from ABU are single tape and they are kind of neet!! ??   I had my doubts, but after trying them.....I really like them!?

Double tapes are basically standard for adult .... "briefs"....

Tripple tapes ( think depends here) are useless.....the bottm tape does nothing but bind your upper thigh, which might be fine for someone who is in bed or chairbound but for active people, the bittom tape just gets in the way, and adds stress to the rest if the diaper and is just........ugh!!

Worn depends, and learned, the 2tapes work well and are pretty standard, and single (wide) tapes are really great..... If that is your thing....

• Like 2

I definitely have a nostalgic preference for single-tape diapers, because that's what I grew up in, although the reality of adult body proportions dictates that most of what's out there on the market are double-tab diapers. Having tried a couple of the rarer, single-tab ABDL diapers out there, I have to say that, aside from the trip down memory lane they provide, for the most part, double-tab diapers offer a better fit. I've tried a couple to triple-tab brands as well, but I agree with what @square_duck says about them - that third tab isn't of much use, and it just turns the diaper into plastic gym shorts, in terms of appearance. I tend to tuck up the third tape and preserve more of a traditional appearance and fit.  

One thing I am curious about is how those of you who wear them fasten your cloth diapers. I have some cloth diapers and plastic panties in my inventory, although I don't tend to wear them very often - they're a lot of work, and I find that they pick up an ammoniated pee smell a lot faster than most disposables, which always makes me self-conscious around my spouse, because if I can smell my diaper, then I know that it has to be even more noticeable to other people. They are very comfortable, though, and unsurpassed in terms of side-leak prevention in particular. When I do indulge in wearing one, I fasten it using one safety pin on each side, so, essentially, I wear it like a single-tab disposable. Do any of you use two pins on each side, or, other techniques? 

• Like 1

I used to wear Attends back in the day with the triple tapes and can remember thinking they were the best.  Nowadays I enjoy both double and single tape diapers and I wouldn't really go out of my way for triple taped ones.  I get some really good fits with single tape diapers for some reason.  Sometimes better than double taped ones.

16 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I definitely have a nostalgic preference for single-tape diapers, because that's what I grew up in, although the reality of adult body proportions dictates that most of what's out there on the market are double-tab diapers. Having tried a couple of the rarer, single-tab ABDL diapers out there, I have to say that, aside from the trip down memory lane they provide, for the most part, double-tab diapers offer a better fit. I've tried a couple to triple-tab brands as well, but I agree with what @square_duck says about them - that third tab isn't of much use, and it just turns the diaper into plastic gym shorts, in terms of appearance. I tend to tuck up the third tape and preserve more of a traditional appearance and fit.  

One thing I am curious about is how those of you who wear them fasten your cloth diapers. I have some cloth diapers and plastic panties in my inventory, although I don't tend to wear them very often - they're a lot of work, and I find that they pick up an ammoniated pee smell a lot faster than most disposables, which always makes me self-conscious around my spouse, because if I can smell my diaper, then I know that it has to be even more noticeable to other people. They are very comfortable, though, and unsurpassed in terms of side-leak prevention in particular. When I do indulge in wearing one, I fasten it using one safety pin on each side, so, essentially, I wear it like a single-tab disposable. Do any of you use two pins on each side, or, other techniques? 

I usually use two Dritz https://www.dritz.com/product/baby-safe-diaper-pins-3/ pins side by side on each side. It's for extra holding, so it is much like a single pin.

I don't like single tapes at all.  Most diapers these days are double tapes so that's what I get, like them or not.  I do admit that with the old Attends triple tape I get a good fit like drynot said.  It took me years to figure out the best way was doing the bottom tapes first, then the top tapes and when you got that done and the diaper on, doing the middle tapes just solidified the fit!

This should be a poll. For me, absolutely 100% triple tapes. I get the best, most secure fit with these and it truly helps to prevent leaks. I am lucky that I still have some triple tape diapers on hand (Attends and Depends). If some of the good AB/DL diapers would produce triple tapes, I'd be so happy!

14 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Hey! Thanks for the quote.....glad to (possibly) be of some semblance of help ?

As for pinning cloth diapers, I found some bigger 3 inch pins and I only use 1 per side, the way they are normally used for kids....why not adults?? 

At this moment, I am wearing a contour fit cloth "prefold" from changing times with a booster and folded microfiber towel insert, pinned one (1) on each side....covered by sapphire blue snap on plastic pants.....works great!!! A bit bulky though, (more than I intended) but I am still tinkering with theses contour cut diapers to get the right fit/ performance out of them. 

Basically though, for me 1 pin on each side works fine.. ??

I wish I could say the two tapes (1 each side). They are my favorite appearance wise. However, I find they often don't stay on well, so I opt for four tape (2 each side). 

So appearance wise two tape, practicality four tape.

Question: I've often seen references to six tape diapers (3 each side) but I don't think I've ever worn them, or seen them either in stores or on abdl diaper store sites. It seems a bit excessive, it would need to be very high backed. What brand looks like that?

Single tapes are really cool, like the ABU Kiddos! I will say, though, that they do end up feeling really loose through the legs, which makes sense. 

I’d say I definitely prefer two tapes because of fit.

• Like 1

When I initially read it, I wondered what would have 6 tapes. Then I remembered the Attends and Depends from the late 90’s. As for now, it’s mostly four tape that I use. I do have the Super Dry Kids and another from ABUniverse, but I’m not remembering either good or bad. Sometimes, the two bottom tapes seem to stick to something other than the diaper after a while. (Sleeping mostly). I may have to actually see.  

Just one pin in the center. I do not have to put up with any of that and the nonsense that goes with it like trying to git the thing right. And it lasts for 12 hours or more AND not innate tendency to leak and I do not have to replace them after each use so I ALWAYS have a supply ready to go

I like the wide single tapes and seem to usually get a good fit on them, though they always make me mentally feel a little more small - which sometimes isn't a bad thing. Two tapes are also fine, but a little more likely to pop on me. I find a third tape pretty useless the few times I've worn a diaper with them.