LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hook & Loop style tapes

Mark84

I’ve been a huge fan of Tykables diapers for a long time - especially since they went to the hybrid “hook and loop” style Velcro tapes. I’d been wanting to try out ABU’s DinoRawrz for some time and I gotta say I really enjoy them so far. The fit is much better for me. I fall somewhere in between Tykables Medium and Large sizes, but the Large size for ABU is almost perfect! 

What do you all think? What are your favorite diapers with the hook & loop style tapes? I tend to prefer them over the typical plastic tapes because I don’t use my diapers very often. I like to just wear them.

• Like 1

I've had good luck with hook and loop taping systems. Before bed, I usually rub my finger over each tape maybe 5-8 times to make sure all of the hook material has grabbed part of the diaper material and call me crazy but I haven't had a tape yet come loose or pop off. 

• Like 2

I didn't like the hook and loop fasteners at first.  This was only because I could not fold and tape a soiled diaper.  It wasn't long before I got over that.  The benefit of being able to refasten the diaper for better fit changed my mind.

• Like 1

If I had to choose, I'd say that I prefer tapes, as long as they are able to survive being moved a couple of times. I find they tend to shift less. Hook-and-loop tab systems on economy diapers are typically awful, often pulling loose on their own, and, if you remove them deliberately, they take so much of the surface flock off of the front of the diaper that they won't hold onto anything afterwards. I am looking at you, Tena. 

I've worn both hook-and-loop diapers and taped diapers; I used to like hook-and-loop more, before I went 24/7, when I would, as @Mark84 describes, take them on and off a few times, as I would try to squeeze at least a couple of sojourns out of each of my diapers, back before I could buy them openly and get them in the mail and buy them with credit cards. I used to have to drive to Rearz, back when they had a store, and pay cash, so each diaper was precious. Now, being in them all the time, they don't come off nearly as often prior to a diaper change. 

That said, the best ones out there in my experience are:

1) Rearz Elite

2) Bambino Magnifico 

3) For value diapers, the Prevail 360 Breezer has an excellent tab system, reminiscent of Pampers - they stay where you put them and survive multiple removals. 

• Like 1

I too prefer sticky tapes to "velcro".  But I found the ABU Dinos actually held pretty dang well!   Better than the Bambino Bellisimo V2 I tried.  The top tapes on those held OK, but the bottoms had issues.  Haven't tried Tykables since I got some original overnights in XL (they haven't had an XL size until the Camelots came out). 

• Like 1

For plastic backed diapers, I prefer tapes, especially premium diapers that have 2 tapes for each tape.  If one is not positioned just right, I have a second tape I can use rather than try to carefully peal off the one that was not position just right, usually tearing the plastic on the diaper rendering that tape useless.

For the cloth backed diapers, hook and loop tapes are necessary.  Plastic tapes won't stick to the cloth backing and the side panels will stretch over time.  It makes it so easy to peal back a tape, pull the diaper tight and re-stick the tape, even if I have to do it several times.

• Like 1

Just for the sake of clarity: I don’t wear too often, and most of the time when I do, I don’t use them. This stretches out my time for wearing them pretty significantly (I can typically wear one diaper 3-4 times for about an hour or so each time over the course of a week or two). So for me, diapers absolutely are a once in a while thing, so I feel I get my money’s worth even at the $4/per diaper break down. I’m sure that’s not the case for most here, and frankly, if I was an every day wearer, I’m sure I’d go with a more fiscally responsible diaper.

1 hour ago, diaperedboilerman said:

what am I doing wrong besides tossing and turning all night I guess! :P

Nothing... I've had similar issues, and why I stay away from any "cloth backed" products.  I was even reluctant to try out any plastic-backed hook/loop products, but the ABU "tapes" have definitely held up to my abuse.

There is no better fitting / fixing nappy than a Tykables hook and loop nappy.  I have worn everything there is to wear and Tykables come out top every time.  No gapping and if they slightly move in the night, because of the hook and loop, they do up a little tighter with no issues.

Best nappy after any Tykables are ABU Peakabu / Simple Ultra.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Mark84 said:

frankly, if I was an every day wearer, I’m sure I’d go with a more fiscally responsible diaper.

It's this.  If you are burning through 2 - 3 of these per day, day in, day out, the cost becomes far more significant than for the odd recreational bout of use.  I know that there are some pretty awesome ABDL nappies out there but due to cost, I steer clear of them (with a limited exception for ABU).  If they had good case pricing, I'd reconsider as I order by the case.

If I really had my preference, I'd wind back disposable use considerably in favour of cloth (at least at night) but I don't get my preference...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

There is no better fitting / fixing nappy than a Tykables hook and loop nappy.  I have worn everything there is to wear and Tykables come out top every time.  No gapping and if they slightly move in the night, because of the hook and loop, they do up a little tighter with no issues.

Best nappy after any Tykables are ABU Peakabu / Simple Ultra.

I love Tykables, but ever since they redesigned everything to the Waddle Cut, I find myself now somewhere oddly in between their medium and large sizes. I’m a size 36 waist, but the mediums are just a little bit tight for me, through the legs. The larges have so much extra material, which honestly can be kinda fun in little space to feel like I’m trying to move up to the next size diaper, but I’m still a little too small. The previous model of Overnights were my favorite diaper, hands down. 

As an occasional wearing and someone who does not pass solids into a nappy the hook and loop premium disposables are perfect for me.

I initially loved the Bambino version but now wear predominantly Tykables 

• Like 1

For whatever reason my body type works well with hook and loop. I’ve tried Barn Yards and enjoy them for capacity and comfort. The hook and loop style comes in handy to make tighter as I wet more or if I have to mess and can’t do it on my diapers. No complaints from me 

I recently bought a pack of the Beyond XP5000 diapers. There are great! I was a little hesitant about getting them since the hook and loop ones in the past haven’t been great. Never been in the Tykables so I can’t speak for those but these things hold tight. Never had one come loose. The fit is a little different than the Northshore MegaMax and Dry 24/7 that I am used to. The XP5000 is a lower rise diaper. However, for a plastic diaper they are very quiet. Definitely worth a try. Just get some sample to get the fit just right. 

On 1/22/2021 at 8:47 AM, gmcchamp99 said:

I've had good luck with hook and loop taping systems. Before bed, I usually rub my finger over each tape maybe 5-8 times to make sure all of the hook material has grabbed part of the diaper material and call me crazy but I haven't had a tape yet come loose or pop off. 

I do the very same thing, just to make certain I have 100% attachment. And because of that, I have never had an issuing with loosening or popping off.?

• Thanks 1

I love the hook and loop style and have come to see the Rearz Incontrol Elite Hybrid diapers to as my favorite dip. Probably m second favorite diaper is the Bambino Bellisimo diapers.  I hate it when tapes won't hold or loose their stickiness and I have no problems with that with hook and loops.  Another added feature is if you don't feel like messing, you just unfasten your dip, do your deed, and then fasten back up.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Personally, I like hook and loop tabs better than adhesive tapes. You can get more adjustments out of them than adhesive tapes, they hold much better in my opinion, and they’re closer to the aesthetic of baby diapers than sticky tapes. I know that’s not everyone’s forte, but I’ll go hook and loop over sticky tapes for sure.