LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This hobby is expensive

Dubious

One could think so, but I have to order my diapers and stuff from another country and shipping is expensive to Norway
If it wasn't for covid I could have shipped it to Sweden for half the price and lower tax 

3 hours ago, Dubious said:

Just used $562 on diapers and related stuff  (about $100 is tax and $80 is shipping)
With the stash I already have and with this, I'm set for until spring next year

want to share what kind you got for your super stash?

I have not bought diapers in about 11 years and the only money I have spend on them is care, which isnot that much. I have spent noney on panties But that is because I have one snap-on for each diaper and a pull-on for every 4 and one that matches my outfit. Since 2000 Ihave been through 2 sets of snap-ons and I am on my 3rd whichI got in 2014. I have some odds and ends panties that I have gotten for reviews or  other purpose

Actually, the market for adult rubber panties has gotten VERY much better over the last 38 years. Of course, we have lost a few, like Wold, Li'l Wragler and JK. But overall,  in 1983 All I knew was Kleinerts, Coarolyn's KIds and Salk AIOs. I later learnedabout Mommy Florence beginning in 1976 but that was not in my area.  So ABDL-usable rubber panties have come upin the world enough so that I could do a special pange for them RUBBER PANTIES'R'US

4 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Wow, gold plated diapers?

The packs of the Barney Luvs diapers sells for the same price of 1 ounce of gold currently. Diapers do appreciate in value over time.(If there're not used)

Compared to some of my other hobbies, I actually find my little space quite reasonable ~ never get into collecting Scotch!! xD

But I absolutely get how much import taxes can suck :(

For me, diapers are not a hobby. They are now a necessity in my life due to total bladder and bowel incontinence from a ruptured disc in my lower back. I average spending about $170 per month on diapers and changing supplies. I wish I could use that money on something else each month.

1 hour ago, fillemup said:

For me, diapers are not a hobby. They are now a necessity in my life due to total bladder and bowel incontinence from a ruptured disc in my lower back. I average spending about $170 per month on diapers and changing supplies. I wish I could use that money on something else each month.

No insurance or similar where you get free diapers?

1 hour ago, fillemup said:

Switch to cloth, and save to go do those other things that you wish to explore .??

Edited by square_duck
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Dubious said:

No insurance or similar where you get free diapers?

I have insurance but it doesn't cover incontinence products. According to Blue Cross insurance, incontinence products are a convenience item and not a medical necessity. The insurance companies do everything they can possibly do to deny any and all coverage for any and all medical services, procedures, and medical supplies. They are simply out to get your money and deny you your benefits.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I was just thinking a few days back about how much I've spent on diapers over the years, and it is a scary amount.

All hobbies cost money but you can't put a cost on a good time. If it makes you happy then its worth every single penny. I must of spent alot over the years aswell but i wouldn't change it. NO WAY!!! ???

• Like 1

Ok.  Look at it this way.  It's August right now.  Not sure how much you spent on the stash you already had, but you spent $562 on diapers and stuff including tax and shipping and you are set until next spring.  Lets say Spring comes in March in Norway.  That's 7 months from now.  That averages out to about $80 a month, or $20 a week.  That's not so bad in perspective. If you work a 40 hour a week job, that comes to around 1 hour of pay a week or so.  A package of 15 Betterdry diapers from Northshore costs me over $30 with shipping and that would average 2 diapers a day (if I wore diapers every day which I don't).  Yes, it can be an expensive hobby or interest but I know of others here who spend a lot more than that each month on their diapers.  I would guess most people spend more than that each month on their hobbies or entertainment.  Movies each week, cable TV, greens fees for golfers.  You get the idea.  Some people buy things for their interests that will last while other's pay for a one shot thing.  You can buy a set of golf clubs and have them the rest of your life for your money, but the greens fees you pay are a one time shot and you have to pay them every time you golf unless you join a golf club, where as you now pay annual membership fees.  Movies are the same.  You either buy the DVD and can watch it as many times as you want or you pay a price at the theater for a one time viewing for your money.  Even travel.  We can pay a fee over and over each time we need to get to work by riding a bus daily, or we can invest in a car and keep that car until it eventually wears out.  Diapers can be like that.  Pay for diapers, use them once and throw them away.  A new meaning to the term "Disposable Income".  That is a price we may pay for our interest and entertainment. Literally throw money down the toilet, so to speak, or we could invest in cloth diapers, plastic pants and reuse until they eventually wear out.  Whatever we do, yes, it can be an expensive hobby but putting it into perspective, all people pay for their entertainment, whatever that may be.  We just have to realize the money we are spending goes for our personal enjoyment and stress relief and be willing to accept the amount we pay each month for our relaxation and piece of mind.

16 hours ago, Dubious said:

Just used $562 on diapers and related stuff  (about $100 is tax and $80 is shipping)
With the stash I already have and with this, I'm set for until spring next year

HA HAHA HAHAHA - You have no idea what it cost me to race every year as a hobby...

Yep I just spent lots on diapers but in my order I did buy some cloth so I’m hopping to cut down cost that way. But I now have diapers to last me a little while. Daddy 

10 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

HA HAHA HAHAHA - You have no idea what it cost me to race every year as a hobby...

Any hobby with a motor involved gets expensive quick. Especially if you’re trying to be competitive. 

10 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Do you win any of those races?

In reality, this doesn't matter. He enjoys it, it makes him happy....therefore , to him, it is worth the expense.

On 8/17/2020 at 3:48 PM, SoggySoCal said:

Any hobby with a motor involved gets expensive quick. Especially if you’re trying to be competitive. 

Hobbies without motors are expensive, too. I recently sold my sailboat after many years of expensive payments for sails, maintenance, insurance, moorage. I also skin dive. 

For some it's a lifestyle.  For other's it's a fetish and other's it's a hobby.  I say that because I believe those who choose to wear 24/7/365 have made it their lifestyle.  Some who have gone all out with being AB can also call it their lifestyle.  Those who just wear for fun a few times a week may have a diaper fetish, but they haven't made it their lifestyle.  They do it occasionally for fun when the mood strikes, even if that mood happens 3 or 4 time a week.  It can be called one of their hobbies.