LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I can't get toilet paper!

Appears just maybe the insanity of hoarding is starting to wind down, at least here in the Pocono's, local grocery had TP, and the brand I use also got Lysol Wipes (for which I normally buy even before all this)..Shelves aren't totally restocked but they are slowly filling.

I went shopping the other day, and the guy in the meat department was saying how the hoarding might be starting to slow down. There was still no TP, but I was able to get some bleach, ground beef, eggs, ramen, and a few other things I wanted.

• 1 month later...

Cutting it close again. Half a roll left, stores are still out and some I ordered on Amazon are coming sometime tomorrow. The hoarding is getting ridiculous, a month in and people are still clearing the shelves!

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Cutting it close again. Half a roll left, stores are still out and some I ordered on Amazon are coming sometime tomorrow. The hoarding is getting ridiculous, a month in and people are still clearing the shelves!

Man!  I bought a six-pack of TP at Walmart about two weeks ago and I haven't even opened the package yet (use wipes almost exclusively except for blowing my nose).

I had most of a 9-pack at the start of March.  Still have 3 or 4 rolls of that left.  But they are either "double" or "tripple" rolls.   And I have a 24 pack bought back in December I haven't had to touch yet.

21 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I do find it odd that nobody has paper products restocked in any quantities yet. 

12 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

II do find it odd that nobody has paper products restocked in any quantities yet. 

I have to agree.  It can't be from lack of workers due to stay at home, I also don't think it's all from hoarding.  I saw on TV that some companies like Angel Soft are really producing to try and keep up with demand, but what about other companies?  I can't see everyone in the store buying cases of toilet paper due to hoarding, but if production is ramped up at all manufacturers due to high demand, it seems by now the hoarders would have a big supply after 2 to 3 months and things should be back to normal.  I've heard that stores don't order a lot because it take up too much room in the storage areas.  Who knows, but I do find it confusing after 2 to 3 months that we still can't get toilet paper!  That may change soon because the hoarders will switch their attention from toilet paper to meat as the packing plants shut down!

What it has to do with is the markdet in toilet paper. There are two markets. Home and institutional/work. If you pay a modicun of attention, the toilet paper in the Walmart or Kroeger's restroom is very different from what you use at home. Now under ordinary condtions, the same persons deal in both markets. With the lockdown. that half of the use in restrooms shifted back to home so you were not using restroom tissue but were doubling the use of home grade. Now, the industry was running at the full capacities for both markets, but the demand on the home market  pretty much doubled all at once and the bottom fell out of the restroom market. This led to a shortage in the home market and a glut in the restroom market. Since the home market, having been stable for 85 years. and since the equipment for the restroom market  was not interchangeable with that used to service the home market, they could not just ramp up production like that. This led to panic buying and hording. Beyond that, the conditions that are in effect now will cease shortly. It is not worth it for the machine companies to make more  ewquipment for the home market nor for the TP companies to buy the equipment if the engine to make it could be ginned up. So ti appears we are at an impasse

Seems like this is a strange topic to discuss on a diaper board by a group who prefer NOT to use a toilet but I agree with Little C, that this is mostly a supply chain problem due to a huge change in demand requirements.  On the flip side, I wonder if the demand for adult diapers has increased through this strange time?

I really don't understand peoples' freaking out about toilet paper at a time like this -- I bought a twelve pack two and a half months ago and have used half of it

Since the stores started to limit TP sales to 1 pack per weeks ago its been getting easier to buy however you still need to get to the store in the morning if you want to buy as they are still running out later in the day this could now just be a shipping issue vrs hoarding.

11 minutes ago, WetDad said:

Where I live the TP supply is back to normal at all the stores. We have moved on to more weird things, like marshmallows. 

Marshmallows? That is a weird one. Here its paper products and meat.

7 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Marshmallows? That is a weird one. Here its paper products and meat.

Only full size marshmallows - we wanted to make smores at our fire pit. All I have been able to find is the small ones. Also, I can't find sun-dried tomatoes or many types of precooked chicken products (patties and such). When the meat packing plants started shutting down I went out and bought loads of preprocessed pork products--bacon and sausage. Because a life without bacon isn't worth living. 

What's interesting is the Charmin commercial where the parent bears are in the bathroom saying to each other, "I'm not picking it up!"  Then you see the underpants on the floor.  The kid bear runs in and says, "I'll pick them up.  There' clean because my heine's clean!"  Tell me.  When have you seen any of those Charmin bears wearing any clothes, much less underpants!

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

What's interesting is the Charmin commercial where the parent bears are in the bathroom saying to each other, "I'm not picking it up!"  Then you see the underpants on the floor.  The kid bear runs in and says, "I'll pick them up.  There' clean because my heine's clean!"  Tell me.  When have you seen any of those Charmin bears wearing any clothes, much less underpants!

Once again, Rusty...  Right there with ya.  I had that observation probably a couple of years ago when that commercial first started to air.

Also, some might get confused between the blue bears who are having a sensuous family moment with the Charmin and the red bears with the bespectacled son, who are freaked out about a pair of underwear in the floor.  They're different families.

Things are calming down here in California. I was lucky to not suffer from the toilet paper shortage, my sister just buys a lot of toilet paper and had a stock of multiple packs before the pandemic even started. I think she had some sort of subscribe & save thing going where an online company would just auto deliver her a few packs each month. So she lent us 3 packs of 16 rolls two for me and my wife and 1 for a friend.

The toilet paper was bad it was like super thin. I had never wiped with toilet paper so thin in my life, public bathrooms have higher quality toilet paper.

Anyway that friend we gave 1 pack to, well she has a family of like 5 (including herself) anyway she preferred the awful thin rolls we had and decided to trade us with some nice 2-ply rolls she had found.

So yeah my wife and I got lucky through this whole pandemic, not just with toilet paper but with everything. My family shared their food and that friend also shared what she could with us and we shared what we had extra with her.

It really helps to have a network of people you can work with in times of crisis like this.

Recently it hasn't been hard to find toilet paper over in my neck of the woods. It's not easy like it used to be but it's in no way as difficult as it was at first. Usually we'll find it after about a day or so of looking. Online is still impossible though, unless you want to wait awhile for an unknown brand to be delivered. Some people simply can't wait that long though.

My wife and I send our best to all going through hardships in the pandemic and we hope that it gets better for you like it did for us.