LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can you have too many diapers?

This question occurred to me in relation to a conversation I had with my wife about how many diapers I need to have in inventory. Personally, I prefer to have a bit of a diaper hoard, meaning not just a large number of diapers, but also a number of different kinds: breathable, plastic, Velcro, tape, slim, thick, quiet, loud, printed, plain. Diapers to me are like shoes to her: what do I feel like wearing today? What would go with what I'm wearing or what I'm doing, or how long I need to be in it? Whereas for her, a diaper is a diaper is a diaper - she thinks of my diapers the way most people think of paper towels: yes, it's good to always have enough in stock, and yes, stock up if they go on sale, but, as to the brand or colour, who cares? 

I currently have 2/3 of a case of Rearz Barnyards, 1/2 of a case of Bambino Magnificos, 3/4 of a case of Prevail Breezer 360's (my go-to daytime diaper), plus a smattering of leftovers: Safari's, Play Dayz, some Tena and Depends, even some Pampers Cruisers and a couple of cloth diapers I rarely use. I'd like to get a case of Little Monsters or Little Rawrs as well, because I don't have many plastic tape-on diapers, but my wife is raising her eyebrows about how many I have already, since I have two shelves in my garage dedicated to diapers, a shelf in my closet, AND a drawer in my dresser. Plus there is a shelf in the basement that I'm not even sure she knows about. 

How many diapers do you folks keep in stock? Do you dabble (and dribble...) in different brands, or do you have your favourite, and only buy those? 

• Like 1

About 500!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

When you are totally incontinent like me, there is no such thing as too many diapers. I have many cases of a few different brands in my basement.
Mix of ultra high rise supure heavyweight night, custom contour,liners ,disposables w/ liners ,rubber ,PUL ,vinyl,rubber are bloomers fot overnite .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Short answer....yes...of course you could have too many.  However....if you use them all the time what's the harm in having more on hand?  As long as they're stored properly then diapers will last for years and years.

I've got quite a few diapers in my stash right now.  I'm not particularly brand loyal but I do wear and use what works.  I've got a case of Dry Life slip supers showing up here any time and I'm really eyeballing a bag or two of the new ABU BunnyHopps when they're in stock.  The case of Dry life's put me well north of 300 diapers......might be more....I haven't counted lately :D

Personally, I probably have too many diapers in my stash as it sits. I don’t want to put an exact number, but 150+ probably wouldn’t be too far off. I have a bad habit of restocking anytime I’m down to my last pack of something.

I do think there is such thing as too much. Obviously, if you don’t have room for your stash, then that’s too many, or if you have a certain amount more than what you’d usually use in a given time period, then that might be a bit much. Ultimately though, you’ll probably get through them all at some point, so really whether having too much or not enough varies from person to person.

The automatic shipments are set up such that there is about seven extra  diapers on hand at any one time. I know It's boring, but get only "Plain Jane " heavy duty white industrial strength diapers. It's the same old diaper brand/style day after day after day...

Too many is a relative term.  For someone who lives in a mansion and is very rich, I would say no!  He has the money to buy as much as he wants and plenty of space to store them.  On the other hand, someone who is a casual wearer only, lives in a small one bedroom apartment and is making a lower salary, even 50 diapers might seem too much at one time.  I am a casual wearer, maybe twice a week or so and I may have around 80 diapers.  They are different brands and most have come from Goodwill or thrift stores.  They fit in my closet and I don't have a problem with storage.  Since I usually pay about $2 to $4 for a package of 18 diapers, cost for me isn't a factor.

Too many diapers is only applicable if you have no room to store them and they are causing you financial problems.  I don't think people should become hoarders though!  Diapers need to be used and not just stored!  True, with all the different available adult diapers in different patters, colors, absorbency and all, I don't see why you shouldn't have a variety to choose from each day!  If you wear 24/7/365, naturally you will go through cases of diapers.  If you are a casual wearer only, go for all the different brands and styles you like and have some on hand, but maybe buy a package instead of a case if you buy several different types.  After all, you can buy more when you run out.  Just keep a good watch to make sure they don't discontinue your favorite brand!

• Like 1

How many diapers? I believe the answer is how much can you afford and how much storage space can you devote to diapers.

Both my loving husband and I are urinary incontinent, so each of us wears 24/7. For bed at home or when convenient we both wear pinned gauze diapers covered by pull-on vinyl panties or pants. A couple of years ago, when he lost his night control DyDee Service stopped supplying adult diapers. We still had some of our own gauze diapers which I had use when they were washed at home, but by then nearly all of those were only useful as rags. Just as new parents did when I was born in 1964 we bought 3 dozen each of 33" square and 36" square which form the outer layers. I wear the smaller ones. We both use the same Gerber infant Birdseye prefolds as soakers. We bought a case of 60. in early 2018 we bought another case of 60, none of which we have so far needed to use. We each buy our vinyl panties/pants 18 at a time from KINS of Canada. Each of us keeps 7 newish ones in rotation plus a few recently retired ones for use when we might not have bowel control. The newish KINS last us over a year.

I wear GoodNites Tru-Fit for Girls L/XL as my primary day diaper. I love them and am afraid that KCWW will discontinue those, so I keep 24 cases of the disposable refils on hand plus 20 of the reusable panty sets of 2 each panties plus 5 refils. They last far longer than advertised. We do have a store room, so for me space is no problem. I do still sometimes wear Attends Youth tape ons and Attends Adult Small pull-on. I keep an open and full case of each in storage.

My husband wears Target Up & Up Size 7 toddler disposables inside knit cotton briefs. Both the washable cotton briefs and the Up & Up are stocked by all Target stores. He keeps 2 unopened cases of 88 each in stock, plus an open case since he has spare time to shop at Target. We have room to store more cases of those.

• Like 2

I do know that I am considered a Hoarder , on more than just diapers, I have storage tubs full and shelves full, because I don't want to pass up a great deal when I find it, And I like to not just wear same old same old. I like to experiment with different combinations and have found to what works that way, But love the baby diapers as an insert in the diaper next to my skin. They are much softer than most any adult diaper , as I regress....

But yes it could be a major problem if you don't have the room to store them, in a safe dry place.

Well I can be considered a Hoarder as it comes to disposable diapers, cloth diapers and plastic pants. I have house all to myself so stroring them is no issue. Half of the attic is filled with disposable diapers which I store for whatever reason and I have shelves full with diapers which I intent to use. Further I keep shelves with cloth diapers and plastic pants in my bed room. I favor to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants in the evening and at night to bed. l think I have some 3000 disposables of various brands, It should last me a while.

2 hours ago, foreverdl said:

I do know that I am considered a Hoarder , on more than just diapers, I have storage tubs full and shelves full, because I don't want to pass up a great deal...

Are you acknowledging that you are a hoarderg? Are you using the "deal" to justify your behavior? Perhaps your wife is aware of a potential problem and is trying to get you to look at it the way she (and others) do... It may behoove you to listen.  :rolleyes:

I realized that my deceased wife had problems with hoarding. Thought she had manyu "collections." Since I really could not see what she was doing, I had no idea of the HUGE amount of stuff. I knew she was buying toms of stuff but had no idea that it was all going into a HUGE rented storage shed that she was keeping secret. Turns out she had a mental illness and trying to fill some kind of void that could not be filled.

I'd hate to see that happen to you. Get a handle on it before it gets out of hand.

15 minutes ago, dlnoir said:

Well I can be considered a Hoarder as it comes to disposable diapers, cloth diapers and plastic pants. I have house all to myself so stroring them is no issue. Half of the attic is filled with disposable diapers which I store for whatever reason and I have shelves full with diapers which I intent to use. Further I keep shelves with cloth diapers and plastic pants in my bed room. I favor to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants in the evening and at night to bed. l think I have some 3000 disposables of various brands, It should last me a while.

I can't even begin to fathom that. It causes my wee brain to piddle.

Well.... we just a few moths ago sold our home, and bought another and my wife saw what I had in my spare bedroom ,,, she was shocked to say the least, she was amassed what I was able to get into that little room. My mind thinks i'm 20 but feel like 90.  I collect things, like old Tv's and since I am not as physical as I once was, and I still like to repair the older stuff, but with pain issues I can only work on them every so often,,,I have been in purge mode, and we have taken loads after loads to the Goodwill. But I do have quite a collection of my disposable and cloth diapers, me I prefer to toss rather than to wash. and don't know when money will be short, so I don't want to do without. But we are trying to sort out and decide what we don't really need , because we both have some of that keep it for the future . 

I can't imagine having 3000 diapers. 

36 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

Well.... we just a few moths ago sold our home, and bought another and my wife saw what I had in my spare bedroom ,,, she was shocked to say the least, she was amassed what I was able to get into that little room. My mind thinks i'm 20 but feel like 90.  I collect things, like old Tv's and since I am not as physical as I once was, and I still like to repair the older stuff, but with pain issues I can only work on them every so often,,,I have been in purge mode, and we have taken loads after loads to the Goodwill. But I do have quite a collection of my disposable and cloth diapers, me I prefer to toss rather than to wash. and don't know when money will be short, so I don't want to do without. But we are trying to sort out and decide what we don't really need , because we both have some of that keep it for the future . 

I can't imagine having 3000 diapers. 

How about loading up a U-Haul and bringing them here? It'd be a nice vacation. Have to warn you though, it's getting cold. Winter's coming.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, beallucanb said:

I think I have over a case of assorted diapers too many, it is too much for someone that don't wear hardly at all.

I think I am going to give them away, a pack of good nights is enough to hold me.

I do wear 24/7 so a case is not very much, I like to have plenty on hand, because you don't know when the money is going to be tight.

9 hours ago, ppdude said:

How about loading up a U-Haul and bringing them here? It'd be a nice vacation. Have to warn you though, it's getting cold. Winter's coming.

I think I miss read another post I thought there said they had 3000,,,,,,, I went back and looked again and they said 300. I am not going to be getting rid of any, yes I could be considered a hoarder, by some. But I do wear 24/7, and don't like to run out. I really don't know how may I do have.

I did look at my supply,,,, and I may have over a 1000 diapers, not that many packages,, but I only try to buy my depend pull up for what I wear when I am out and about, when Costco has them on sale, I will get at least 4 cases of 92. I have 6 cases now, and a case or 2 of the baby size I use for insert, plus 4-5 packs of my ATN night time. A person needs to be prepared ?

19 hours ago, dlnoir said:

I sure hope your roof won't develop any leaks!  It would be a shame if all those diapers in the attic got ruined!

23 hours ago, ppdude said:

What I have isn't worth shipping, with shipping prices today, I would be better off getting someone local to pick them up.

Not sure how healthy hoarding is. I keep only what I need on hand and order as needed. Abena M2s are my mainstay, and also M3 and M4, a couple Better Dries and Crinklz bought and very occasionally warn. A drawer of cloth and plastic pants for nighttime 

My wife recently laid down the law. With new ABDL products coming out all the time my diapers over flowed the closet, a trunk and ended up with some in down stairs storage. Every time a cute new print comes out I just want to try them! So I am running down my stash and ignoring posts about cute new prints right now. Jeesh, its like being a woman with shoes!

Well, relative to what most of you reported, I guess I don't have that many diapers in stock. I did an inventory again last night and it's about 160 diapers in total. They fit broadly into three categories: plastic with Velcro fasteners, breathable with Velcro fasteners, and breathable with tapes (which is a rare combination of attributes, Play Dayz being I think the only ones I've come across).

So it would seem that it won't make me an incorrigible hoarder by the standards of most of the people who responded, if I pick up a case of plastic tape-on diapers, something crinkly of medium bulk, along the lines of Rearz Little Monsters. I had my last Safari on last night and into this morning, and I do like how snug a good tape-on diaper stays, as compared to Velcro. I've been wearing more cute printed diapers around my spouse lately, and she hasn't commented, so I want to move a bit more in that direction, when the kids are asleep, or out of the house.