LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are you into 'authenticity' or 'idealization' of baby/toddler lifestyles?

I dont have a fantasy in mind nor strive to be authentic to be honest. I just relax and interact with my Daddy and let things unfold as they will in a natural way. My Daddy is pretty incredible and reads my body language to take me to a place that is appropriate for what he is seeking at that time but that also brings me happiness and joy.

Little kaiya

I have to say, it’s some of both for me. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. There is also, the ideal situation, and what you have made up something to be, and the reality of what it is. 

You ask good questions. ? There are only certain bits of baby/toddler life that call to me, mainly the diaper and potty accident ones. The cuddles, unconditional love and innocence and maybe some cosy extended breastfeeding would be very welcome too.

I think a lot of the rest would be scary or boring as heck.

My fantasy is probably authentic. My fantasy is that I am three years old. I’m in diapers.

My mommy/female caretaker plays with me, snuggles with me and changes me for the entire day. 

I don’t have kids but I know that stuff happens every day for your average three year old. 

From my own memory my childhood was very nice. Since my Mom is urinary incontinent none of us were teased or scolded because we needed diapers for trips.

However, my parents were opposed to punishment or scolding. The upshot was that all of us developed some bad traits. Until I was almost 12 we lived in a California community where apparently spanking was rare. Nobody ever talked about spanking. Then we moved to Iowa for a year. In that community my siblings were the only kids who were not spanked at home. I was the only sibling not spanked/paddled at school. I must say the Iowa kids were more polite.

So when I play AB I idealize it to include sensible spanking and scolding. BTW, when playing AB I only wear pinned gauze diapers, like I wore growing up.

• Like 1

Well I am 100% DL so I do not engage in role play, but as far as diapers go for me it is all about authenticity. Cloth diaper plastic pants just as I wore as a little kid / baby.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:13 PM, AbabeBill said:

I have to say, it’s some of both for me. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. There is also, the ideal situation, and what you have made up something to be, and the reality of what it is. 

Yep.  Totally dude. :wub:

I believe that adult babies intrinsically strive for authenticity yet know that it will only ever be an approximation. Adults are too big, their bodies too different and without a committed 'parent' impossible to replicate.

For most, authenticity is a journey, not a destination. We strive to become as infantile and as genuine as we CAN, within the significant constraints of our circumstances. Most people's 'baby state' is an construct of a variety of different ages from newborn to 3 years or so. the presence of a committed and involved 'parent' can make the experience more authentic, but will always be a compromise to a significant extent.

Even those very few who move to a lifestyle of genuine fulltime infancy have a construct of some kind. they may be essentially 6mo but can walk with at least limited language.

Probably the biggest frustration in psychological regression to the infant state is that it cant fully occur. there will ALWAYS be limiting factors that prevent it being full and genuine. Regression seeks to recapture and redo the 'trauma' that caused it in the first place but is sadly stymied by the sheer impossibility of reaching that place. This why AB is never cured.

First off, I think this is a great question to ask. I can’t say I’ve really seen this topic touched on before, so kudos!

For me personally, I can’t say that I strive to fully replicate the baby/toddler lifestyle for a number of reasons, the biggest being there are certain elements that are difficult to reproduce as well as certain elements from other young ages I like to intermix. Really though, I just like my headspace to be the way I want and the way I like.

Is there anyone out there who would want to relive the worst part of being a toddler? I think not. I prefer the "ideal" image of being a toddler which, for me, includes a gender switch. For me, role-playing is twofold: I always wanted to adopt a baby girl, which didn't work out. And being a toddler girl looks like fun from the outside. So I am both the toddler and the parent. I take care of myself like I would my own little girl...and I enjoy it (messy diapers and all). I make the kind of outfits I would dress my own little girl in and then wear them myself. The feeling just can't be explained and probably wouldn't make sense to most people if I could explain it.

In the past there have been a few members who will only use actual baby diapers like Pampers instead of adult disposable diapers (not as a stuffer or insert but as their one and only actual diaper).  Their reason has always been the Pampers are authentic baby diapers and they want the authentic look of a real baby.  WRONG!  I've said before that baby diapers are sized for a baby or toddler body, therefore toddlers have the authentic look of a baby in a disposable diaper.  When an adult tries to squeeze into a baby diaper, they don't look like a baby.  They look like a fat man wearing a tiny bikini!  It makes them look anything but like an actual baby or toddler.  Babies don't wear diapers so small that they look like a sausage bursting out of it's skin.  The simple fact is if your body size has gotten bigger, your clothing including your diapers also has to increase in size proportionally.  That's why baby diapers come in 6 or 7 different sizes from newborn to size 6 or 7.  Even manufacturers of baby diapers and parents of babies know that as their child gets bigger, the size of their diapers also needs to increase in order to continue to fit and do it's job.   Would these same adult 160 pound guys try and squeeze into T-4 size toddler pants?  They probably couldn't even get their hand or forearm though the leg of a pair of toddler pants let alone wear them.  Why then do they insist on trying to wear Pampers size 6 baby diapers?  It doesn't look like an authentic baby at all!  Wear the appropriate size adult diapers for your body if you want to look like a baby!  Size does matter, and with all the adult baby print diapers, a person would have more of an authentic look than trying to wear a baby diaper.  

Where it would be great if Pampers made adult sizes, they don't , so we are stuck with the companies that charge a Lot to make the large adult sized baby diapers. Rusty pins I do agree with you, after you have passed about 90 lbs, you don't look cute in the baby diapers. But I for one can't seem to find reasonable priced diaper that's as soft and fills as nicely as the Huggies movers or sleeping diapers, so I improvise. I use one as the part thats touching my sensitive parts. The Huggies have the small velcro fasteners that will stick pretty good to the adult diaper and stay in place. Like an ATN, even the Adult Baby remakes that are expensive I don't think they have the feel of the real thing. Of course I am not really one that has to have the baby outer Yet. ? 

Good points foreverdl, but think of a few things.  Even Pampers baby diapers are up there in the price range these days and are not cheap like they were 20 or 30 years.  Think of a package of potato chips.  The small bag is going to be much cheaper than the large bag containing more chips.  The same will apply to diapers.  If you have a package of size 6 Pampers, then the same number of diapers in adult medium is going to cost you more because each diaper is a lot bigger in size.  This may be an example of getting more for what you pay for, even though the actual number of the product is the same.  It's the size of each individual product in the package that is bigger, therefore a natural increase in the production cost and price.

• 1 month later...

Autheniticity as a little girl.  First, it it is what I lived and remember so it is natural to me. Second  idealization requires scrpting, which must be "written" by some other part of the mind. This makes for self-consiousness and nothing can kill immersion like self-consciousess. For one thing, you are trying to make it work and you know it

That is why I have to laugh when I see a 60 or 70 year old lg who "loves My Little Pony[1980's] or is comfortale with throw-away diapers [not a thing before 1968 or later, by which time you were 8 or 9 at least]. How do you integrate it into your life as 4 to 7 year old little girl? they were not around so it HAS to take a speial effort to re-write your "biography" to make it work

Thangs like Barbie canion be a stand-in for some other early '50's small doll if your are 70 irl. a 36" "walker" doll from 1959-65 can be a dolly that mkes you feel half your size because they look generic enough to not be obviously out of place. modern adult rubber panties are just about the same as you were put in ant any time. it is difficult to find a proper 1950's babydoll. The babydoll must cover the panties fully albeit with little to spare and the panties must be full-cut to resemble very little girl rubber panties or cover the one's you are in, and while they were aroun d in my area, I do not know if that was universal in 1953. Also given what I know about gender formation which correlates with what I have seen forever, the "two yearo old baby girl who loves my dolly" does not make sense. the girl clothes and doll, if she has one, are just part of  the scenery and have no meaning qua girl. I do not remember boy-girl or that I was one or the other until I was 4. Before that, you could have told me I was either, or one at one me and the other at another and it would make no difference, or even dressed my as one today and the other tomorrow and it would make no difference. I wasoi only aware of myself as a point of view from which I saw the things in the world and acted on them

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 11:23 PM, HighVoltage said:

Do you strive when in your headspace to be accurate? Or do you have a fantasy of it in mind, unrealistic but more 'perfect'?

I don't understand the question, but I would like to:

What do you mean by headspace specifically. What is headspace? It sounds like you are referring to the moment when you are in your fantasy. And with all the things going on in life, what is it that one might be trying to be accurate about? accurate in what way, or about what?

EDIT

After googling Idealization. I think I might have an idea about what it means.

I think I fall into the category of Idealization. If I'm understanding correctly for example. I tend to imagine myself challenged by attractive females to do something that is humanly impossible, or I'm punished in some way. For example, a group of young college girls wearing shorts with beautiful legs might tell me I have to lift a 100,000 pound boulder over my head or I'll be forced to wear a diaper for ever. sometimes it can be more extreme then that. So when in my so called headspace (if I'm understanding the term) I do tend to go way out of reality at times. Though as I get older, I feel my mind is not able to be as abstract and I'm more in the present of reality. But there is also less excrement when in my fantasy as a result of myself being more centered to reality or the truth.