LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Volume 1 (Now available on Amazon with a preview of Volume 2)

Chapter 48 Part 2

“What looks good to you, Jamie?”

“Um ... the pot pie.”

“Good choice on a day like today,” Amanda said. “I think the temperature is falling. Could get cold tonight.” There we’re seated at a heavy wooden table in a restaurant that looked like its heyday was long past, but the decor was a deliberate effort to make the place seem homey and old fashioned. Red and white checkered curtains covered half the plate glass window fronting the sidewalk on Main Street, and the waitress wore an actual apron. She could be seventeen, just working a weekend job. The place was full but not crowded or loud, and Jamie’s feet dangled from the primitive wooden high chair he had to sit in to reach the table.

“You alright there, Jamie,” Mel asked.

“This thing is uncomfortable. They could have at least carved a butt groove or something.”

“You want out?”

“Can I, Mom?”

“Of course.” Mel helped him out and seated him in her lap.

“What are we doing after lunch,” he asked.

“Walking up and down Main Street and stopping in the shops. Just whatever looks interesting. Maybe we’ll find something warm for you tonight.”

“I’ve got three waters and one milk,” the waitress said when she came back. They hadn’t said otherwise, and she brought the milk in a bottle instead of a sippy cup.

“Could we get that in a sippy cup instead,” Amanda asked.

“This is fine,” Jamie said. He was thirsty and didn’t want to wait.

“Never mind, I guess,” Amanda chuckled.

“You guys ready to order?” They were.

“I wish they had some crayons,” Mel said smiling down at Jamie, remembering their dinner date at the pizza restaurant. Jamie caught the look and decided he wanted to play along with Mel. An afternoon of shopping might get boring, and a little extra attention from her would keep things interesting.

“Can you help me with this,” he asked, looking pointedly at the bottle. Becky has never seen the two of them interact this way before. Mel and Amanda had both told her about it. Now she was interested to see it live and keen to learn what, if anything, she could do to get Jamie to do the same with her short of getting him hopped on her milk.

“Oh? You need help, huh? We couldn’t let a little boy go thirsty,” she picked up the bottle and pulled Jamie back so he was laying against her, then brought the nipple to his mouth. Amanda looked on approvingly. She liked that Mel enjoyed this so much, and she wasn’t sure why. It wasn’t just that she liked Mel enjoying Jamie and being his friend, but that she liked Mel enjoying a little. Watching her feed him, she couldn’t help but think Mel looked even prettier that way.

“So,” Becky said, “The semester is more than half over. Are you ready for finals yet?”

“We still have a few more weeks of classes,” Mel said.

“I mostly have term papers this semester,” Amanda said. “I’d rather have finals. Those are easier.”

“Which one are you most worried about?”

“My little studies one.”

“I think you have the secret to that right here. What do you have to write about?”

“I’ll help you, Manda.”

“Thanks, Jamie Bear. I can pick anything we covered in class, and I just have to write about that using either a case study or some statistical analysis.”

“Do you know what topic you want to write on yet?”

“I’m not sure yet.”

“What about you, Mel?”

“Math. Think you can help me, Jamie?”

“Nope.”

“Ugh! No fair!”

“Sorry.”

“Sorry? Sorry? If I fail it’s gonna be all your fault!” She gently tickled him under his arms, not so much that that got too loud in the restaurant but enough that he laughed and squirmed on her lap and sighed when she was done, wishing she wasn’t.

“Hey, Mom,” Jamie said mischievously, “If Mel fails out of college can you hire her as my nanny?” That got a laugh out of everyone, But Mel still pretended to be offended.

“That’s it. I’m not speaking to you for the rest of the day.”

“But ...”

“Nope.”

“But ...”

“Nada, zilch, zero, no mas.”

Jamie huffed and turned so he was facing her more, laying his head on her chest. “I’m sorry,” he pretended to whimper.

“How sorry?”

“Um... so sorry that I’ll ...” He wasn’t sure what he could offer in penance. “I’ll ... draw you a picture later.”

“Of what?”

“Of us.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“I’d like that a lot ... oop, lunch is here.” When everyone was served, Jamie took a bite and quickly swallowed it and reached for his milk.

“Too hot,” Becky asked.

“Yeah.”

“Here,” Mel said, taking his fork and loading it with another small bite. She blew on it first and held it out for Jamie. He leaned forward and took the bite. “Better?”

“Mhmmm. It’s good.” Becky couldn’t remember the last time Jamie had eaten solid food from her hand. Certainly it was way back close to when he arrived. Not that she missed it considering how she was feeding him now. Amanda took out her phone and snapped a picture with the fork in mid-air. Jamie and Mel were doing their own thing. She switched to a spoon, which was easier for the pot pie anyway.

“Here’s a big bite ... open wide for the chop-choo. Chuggachuggachugga ... in it goes!” Jamie smiled as she held the spoon in his mouth and carefully withdrew to minimize the mess she was making. If she failed out college, she certain wouldn’t be landing a railroad job.

“You’re being silly,” Jamie said.

“Me? I’m not the one pretending his mouth is a train tunnel. That’s you! That’s Jamie Bear, you silly wittle boy!” She kept alternating the spoon with drinks from his bottle. “Isn’t it? Isn’t dat you? Just a silly wittle Jamie Bear!” Jamie was getting full and said so by not opening his mouth for the next spoonful. “Does your tummy need a little break?”

“Mhmm.” She put the spoon down and finally began to eat her own lunch. Jamie laid back against her again and let the comfort food do its thing.

When the bill had paid, they walked out on to the sidewalk, Jamie riding Mel’s hip. She put him in his stroller and buckled him in, a rarity. 

“It’s almost your nap time, Baby Bear. Why don’t you try to close your eyes,” Becky suggested. “Do you have your paci?” He reached into his pocket for his paci, fumbled with it, and dropped it onto the sidewalk. 

“Uh oh!” Mel picked it up, put it in her own mouth first, then offered it to Jamie. He took it. “There you go, buddy.” 

She straightened up, and Becky caught her eye, mouthing “thank you.”

_________

“Why do you think he does that,” Becky asked after Jamie had gone to sleep. “You make it look so easy with him.”

“I don’t know,” Mel responded. “I haven’t given it much thought. It just kind of started happening that one time, and ever since he just does sometimes.”

“It’s because you’re not always around,” Amanda said. “It’s a game. He can play it without worrying that he’s always going to be treated like that. If we do it, it could become a lifestyle.”

“He does seem to enjoy it, though.”

“Lots of things are enjoyable in small bursts. He just doesn’t want it to be all the time.”

“Well, I’m glad he has fun with you that way,” Becky said, “I wish he would do that more.”

“He already does it a lot more than when he gone here. A lot more.”

“Still ...”

“You wish he were more regressed,” Mel asked Becky.

She sighed in response. “I just love how sweet he gets when he feels that way. I love my little guy. And he doesn’t think about all that baggage when he’s like that. He’s just happy.”

“The therapist says he’s doing real well,” Amanda said, “Progress wise. Not perfect. He still has his bad days, but overall.”

“I guess I’ve never seen that. What’s it like,” Mel asked.

“Like trying to control a tornado,” Becky answered. “I’ve never seen a little get that kind of angry. It’s not like a tantrum usually, more like he fixates on someone or something and just can’t let it go. Like that man in the store.”

Amanda nodded knowingly. “Oh, did he lose his shit over that. Jamie reached for something on a shelf and this guy told him not to touch. I mean, not his place but also not that big a deal for a regressed little. Jamie called him things I was afraid to even look up. Still, I prefer that to his sad moods.”

“They don’t last as long as they used to,” Becky said.

“No. There’s just not much we can do to help when he’s like that. I don’t think he even knows why he gets like that some days. I used to think he was just avoiding talking about it, but now when he says he doesn’t know why he’s sad, I think he really doesn’t. Or at least it’s not something specific.”

“What makes him feel better,” Mel asked.

“Snuggling and nursing,” Becky said. “Thank god he tried to nurse from you that one time. If he hadn’t I don’t think we would have started. That’s a sure fire way to slow down his emotions.”

“Sometimes he’ll lay down on his tummy in front of me and waits for me to start massaging his back. Never says a word. By the time we’re done he’s at least relaxed.”

“I like it when he naps on me,” Mel said. “He just feels so good to hold, all tiny and soft and warm.” She couldn’t help herself from smiling with her whole body at the memories. 

“Maybe you should get a little one day,” Becky said. 

“Oh, I don’t know. Right now I just like being his friend.”

“More like an aunt at this point,” Amanda said. 

Jamie slowly came back around to consciousness but didn’t open his eyes, staying slumped against whoever was holding him and wishing he hadn’t woken up. Sometimes sleep just feels too good to let it go. 

“Do you think he’ll like this?”

“He likes the bunny one.”

“Still ...”

“Tell him it’s from me,” Mel said. She was the one who had him.

“He should be awake soon.”

“I don’t know how littles sleep like that, but I sure wish I could.” Jamie was curious to learn what he’d hear if he played possum.

“Just different animals I guess. I’m gonna get it for him. Too cute not to.”

“He can wear it under his snowsuit, too.” She felt Jamie stir. “Uh oh,” she whispered, “I think we woke someone up.” The game was up, so Jamie brought his arms up around Mel’s neck.

“Hello.”

“Ooh, is my Jamie Bear awake? Is he awake? Does that mean we get to play more?” He responded by rubbing his head on her chest. “I think someone is still a sleepy bear. And a stinky one, too.”

That got his attention and Amanda’s, too. His eyes shot open and he held perfectly still. “Hold still,” Amanda said to Mel. She walked in front of Mel and lifted the back of Jamie’s shirt so she could peek down his pants.

“Did I ...” he asked in alarm. This didn’t seem possible. Sure, he’d been having a lot more movements and they were a lot looser, but to go from that to this?

“You ... I can’t tell.”

“What the matter,” Mel asked.

“Nothing ... Nothing. Tell you what? Why don’t you take our stuff to the counter and I’ll get Jamie taken care of?”

“I can do it,” Mel offered.

“No, really. I insist,” she said as she took Jamie and steered the stroller toward the restroom. 

“Manda ...”

“Don’t start the waterworks until we see what’s going on in there. Do you feel okay?” In fact, he felt great until now. He sniffled in response, and she shushed him. “It’s okay. These things happen.”

She got him into the restroom and onto the change table. “Here,” she said, finding his pacifier and offering it to him. He took it without using his hands. She tugged his pants to his ankles and took them off around his shoes. When she lifted his ankles, he didn’t look dirty. She set him back down and opened his diaper.

“It’s ... do you ...”

“What,” he cried.

“It looks like you had a nasty fart, that’s all.”

“But ... I don’t ...”

“Shush, Honey, lets get you cleaned up first.” It only took a couple wipes, and soon Jamie was in a clean diaper. She redressed him and set him on the counter next to the sink. He was staring into space.

“Jamie, it’s just the breast milk. We knew it would make things a little slimy. Everybody farts in their sleeps.”

“What If I do it again?” Amanda gently turned his chin so he was looking at her.

“Do you want out of diapers?”

“No.” They talked about this just yesterday.

“Then ...” she shrugged. “And I really think it is just the breast milk. I told you before, it’s a mild laxative.”

“But I’ve never done that in my sleep before!” He sounded distressed.

“Well, your lunch was little food. You nursed this morning. You slept awfully hard. Maybe that’s why.” He put his chin on his chest.

“Don’t be like that,” she said, kneeling down in front of him. “It’s not a big deal.” She decided to lie. “I did it once or twice as a bedwetter, too.”

“Really,” he sniffed.

“Yeah. It doesn’t mean anything. Besides,” she said trying to lighten the mood, “no one can tell through your cute diapees!” She lightly tickled his tummy. “Dat’s What diapees are for. For wittle bears likes Jamie!”

“Stop,” he chuckled, trying to move her hands away. 

“Why should I stop? I like teasing my baby brother bear.”

“I’m not a baby,” he protested with a giggle.

“You’re not? Are you a big boy then? How big is Jamie?” She held her hand apart about a foot? “So big?”

“Bigger.”

She moved them apart again. “So big?”

“Bigger!” She moved her hands apart as wide as she could make them. 

“So big?”

“Yeah,” he smiled.

“Soooo big! Yay! Let’s wash our hands and go show Melissa.” 

“Took you a bit,” she said when they came out of the restroom.

“We were figuring something out,” Amanda said.

“What?” Amanda looked at Jamie and he nodded.

“How big Jamie is.”

In unison they put their arms up high and wide, singing, “Sooo big!”

Mel laughed and bent down to Jamie’s level. “How big?”

“Sooo big,” he said, doing it on his own this time, Smiling back at Mel, who was smiling at him.

She scooped him into a hug and twisted her hips back and forth while kissing Jamie on the cheek. “Then he’s the perfect size!”

“You ready to go find Mom?”

“Yeah.”

“I got to put you down, though, buddy. My arms are tired.”

“Noo”, he whined. “Please?”

“I brought the backpack,” Amanda said. Truth was she needed a break from holding him, too, but she didn’t want to make him sit in the stroller if he didn’t want to.

“That’s a bit much for shopping.”

“The harness comes out, remember?”  They returned to the car, and Amanda wrestled with the pack in the trunk until she figured out how to detach the thing. “Easy my ass ...” she muttered. “Who do you want to carry you?” She knew the answer and wasn’t offended. She liked that Mel was making him feel little. She was sure if she wasn’t there, they’d still be in the bathroom and she’d be trying to get him to stop crying over a little nap time oops. She was mostly sure it was just because of the breast milk and the little food. Mostly. And if his affection for Mel also had him being littler than normal with her, too, that was just a bonus.

“Mel.”

“Front or back?”

“Front.”

“That question was for Mel, actually.”

“Front, like the little guy said.” With Amanda’s help, Mel was able to get the harness snapped on and adjusted, and Mel lifted Jamie in. “Comfy?”

“Mhmm.”

“You sure,” Amanda asked. “You can’t see where you’re going.”

“Mhmm.” He put his head back down on Mel. He hadn’t wanted to be awake anyway. 

He was asleep by the time they found Becky. She did a double take. “Really?” 

“And he’s out again.”

“He did say the bed wasn’t comfortable. Maybe he just didn’t get enough sleep. And we stayed up late,” Becky said. “Does he like that,” she asked, nodding to the harness.

“I think he does today,” Amanda said. She didn’t think he’d want to make a habit of it.

“This can’t all be because of me, can it,” Mel asked.

“90, 95%, I think so,” Amanda said.

“Awww.”

“Makes you feel like the best person ever, doesn’t it?”

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

I’ve been thinking about him trying to start a game of crawler tag. Some way to even the playing field.

*nodssnods* :)

:)

Just wrapping up their trip

Chapter 48 Part 3

“Guess we should go pack up,” Amanda said as they walked back to the cabin from the lodge.

“Check out is late. We can do it in the morning”

“It got cold,” Mel said. “Feels like winter.”

“First frost tomorrow probably. Being near the water doesn’t help. Always feels colder next to the water.”

“So our last night then. Jamie, did you have fun on the boat today?”

“Yeah. I’ve only gotten to do that a few times. I like it.”

“You did a very good job,” Becky added as they reached the circle of light hat separated their cabin from the darkness. “You’re almost as good on the water as in.”

“For a little,” Jamie demurred.

“Is it too cold to build a fire, or would you rather stay inside,” Becky asked.

“No, I think we can manage one last fire,” Mel said. “Amanda?”

“That’d be nice. We’ll get it started, Mom, if you want to get Jamie ready for bed.”

“Thanks,” Becky said, “We’ll be back in a minute.

Once in the nursery, Becky got Jamie changed and kept her voice down while asking, “You sure you want to do this?”

“Yes. Very sure,” he smiled. Becky’s eyes teared over as she wrapped Jamie into a nighttime diaper.

“Do you remember what Amanda said to you your first night with us?”

“Of course I do. Every word.” Jamie remembered that night vividly, imprinted on his memory as though stamped in steel. It was the night he became Jamie.

“Here,” Becky said as she helped him sit up. “She’ll like you in this tonight.”

“Is that the one she bought for me yesterday?”

“Yep.” Becky helped him into a new sleeper with teddy bear ears and a teddy bear tail. She sniffed and wiped her nose as she zipped it up.

“You gonna be warm enough?”

“Yeah,” he smiled at her. “It’s not gonna be a surprise if you keep crying.”

“Oh, I can’t help it. I just …” Jamie cut her off by leaning forward and giving her a hard hug. She hugged him back tighter and whispered, “Thank you, Baby Bear, for everything. Really … you, you’ve brought so much love into our house, and watching Amanda become … thank you.”

“Thank you, Mommy. This makes me very happy.” They let one another go and hoped the darkness would hide their puffy eyes.

“Let’s go then.” Becky picked Jamie up on to her hip and checked her back pocket. She’d carried it all day long so Amanda wouldn’t find it. They stepped out into the backyard where the fire was already going at a good blaze, helped along by the kindling Jamie had helped gather that day.

“Nice work, girls.”

“Once a scout, always a scout,” Mel said. Becky sat down on the outdoor sofa next to Amanda, who drew up her knees to make room.

“I’m real glad we could do this,” Amanda said, “Thank you, Mom. This was the best weekend."

“My pleasure, baby. You, too, Mel. I’m glad you could come.”

“This really was great.”

“What was everyone’s favorite part,” Becky said, the obligatory question from the parent at the close of any vacation.

“I liked playing with Megan and Linny,” Jamie said.

“Really?” Amanda was surprised. “I thought you were just going through the motions.”

“I was at first, but then I kinda got into it.”

“Good for you.”

“Mel,” Rebecca asked.

“Camping out on the porch last night was fun. You really do get better sleep in the fresh air. And thank you, Jamie, for sharing my sleeping bag and keeping me warm.” Jamie blushed in response.

“What about you, Mom?” Becky blinked away a tear that no one could see in the dark flicker of the fire, no one accept Jamie, who squeezed her leg to reassure her.

“This, right now.” She shifted Jamie so they were both facing Amanda. “I know you’re birthday isn’t until next week, but we’re all here, and it’s a special day for us, so I wanted to give you this early.”

Amanda smiled. Who doesn’t like getting presents? “Did you know about this, Mel?”

“No – swear.”

“This is from me and Jamie.” Rebecca took the envelope out of her back pocket, looked at it for a second, and handed it to Amanda with trembling fingers. Amanda took it and opened the flap, withdrawing the paper. It was hard to read in the firelight. She felt the raised seal in the corner, held the sheet up and looked very closely. She gasped, water coming to her eyes and her chest tightening. She held her breath to suppress her emotions and then had to work to get air in so she could speak. Tears streaming down her face, she set the letter gently on the sofa and in a rush threw her arms wide and closed them around both her mom and Jamie.

“Oh my god! What,” Mel asked in wonderment at what could make Amanda so overcome she couldn’t speak.

Becky put her arm around her daughter and stroked her hair, her own tears starting again. Jamie couldn’t help it either, squeezed between them and putting his small arms around them both as far as he could reach, the three-way embrace lit by flickering shadows of fire burning cold air and spreading its warmth across their family.

“It’s because I trust you with his life,” Becky said, “And because I love you so much.”

“Me, too, Manda.”

“What?” Mel picked up the letter and squinted to read it.

Tosca Department of Littles Services

Certificate of Arrival

Amended

Arrived: Eric Jacobs

Re-named: James Patrick Webb

Guardian #1: Rebecca Grace Webb

Guardian #2: Amanda Delaney Webb

“All you have to do is sign it,” Becky said.

“Thank you both so much,” she said as she finally let go and wiped her eyes. “This is the best present ever.”

“It just formalizes things,” Becky said. “You were already his surrogate guardian.”

“This … Jamie …” Amanda. Becky loosened her arm from around Jamie’s waist, and he crawled off her lap and into Manda’s, wrapping his arms around her middle. “Oh, my Jamie Bear … I’m so glad you found us.”

Mel watched them silently hold one another, wondering what it must feel like to love that much, so much it hurt, so much it made a fire look dull and cold in the contrast of its glow.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, SGTbaby said:

Love the crush he has. So cute!

You were the very first to leave a comment here. Idk why, but that makes me feel happy when I see a new comment from you ?

I've said it before, but I really love the way you linger on moments. You are continually proving that good stories don't need outrageous plot twists, that they only need characters readers can care about. 

He is making amazing progress, and that last scene brought happy tears to my eyes. It seems as if this story is almost drawing to a close, but we need resolution for Cheryl too.

Jamie is starting to heal and relax more. Every day his peace grows by leaps and bounds. Becky, Amanda, and Mel have all helped foster love, caring and peace for Jamie. I'm thrilled to see another update and I'm glad you're sharing them with us.

Thank you

21 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

It wasn’t just that she liked Mel enjoying Jamie and being his friend, but that she liked Mel enjoying a little. Watching her feed him, she couldn’t help but think Mel looked even prettier that way.

AmandaXMel? ??

This one made me a little teary.

Also, before you ask, it's a well known fact that a group of Jamie Bears is referred to as a herd. That's science. Jamie Bears traditionally travel in herds, except during mating season – then it’s every bear for itself. ?

Chapter 49

“Hey, World Traveler.”

“Morning, Ella.”

“How was your trip?”

“It was fine. Where were you yesterday,” Jamie asked. He’d missed her while he was gone, and she hadn’t been at daycare when he got back.

“I had a doctor appointment all morning.”

“Everything alright?”

“Yeah, just one of my periodic visits. Anything fun to report?”

“We just hung out for the most part. Went canoeing once, went for a couple walks. I met a kid and her little sister that I played with.”

“Really? What did you play?” Jamie playing with another little was a minor breakthrough. Tag and sports, sometimes reading, but never actual play.

“Um, dress up,” he blushed. “They had this littles’ activity room with a bunch of stuff, and, uh, we um …”

“You don’t have to be embarrassed.”

“We just tried on different outfits is all.”

“Like what?”

“Just old clothes, hand me downs.”

She smiled to think of him playing dress up and she liked how he got squirmy when he was embarrassed. “C’mon, what did you dress up as?”

“Well, the clothes, uh, they were, mostly they were, for uh, big kids, and uh, littles and things. Maybe a little, um, younger than most.”

“It was just a game.”

“Let me guess – the kid wanted to play house.”

“Yeah …”

“And you were the baby …”

“Toddler! Her sister was the baby. Um, it was, ya know, for her. I’m glad she had fun.”

“Did you,” Ella asked, turning serious, “Have fun, I mean?”

“Sure.” She didn’t want to probe further. He already felt self-conscious enough about it. Ella didn’t care about the dress up game. She cared that he had spent time interacting with a kid and a regressed little. Like she’d told him a few weeks ago, he could talk to other littles if he wanted to. It wouldn’t be the Algonquin Roundtable, but he didn’t need to think his options were Ella and bigs only. He could have fun and even friendships with other littles.

“Well, good for you. I’m glad you had fun. Did you do anything else?”

Jamie shrugged. “Threw a rock at a big?” That, he didn’t seem so shy about saying.

“What? At the lodge?” This, too, was also not like Jamie. Ella only ever knew him as gentle to a fault. Even when his temper got the best of him, he never got physical except that one time with Bobby.

“No, at the park yesterday.”

“Why?”

“He smacked his kid on the butt.”

“A little?”

“No, an actual toddler.”

“Wait, start over.”

“I was at the park, and I saw some guy chastising his toddler and give him a spank on the butt, and I just picked up a rock and threw it at him.” A very matter of fact description.

“Did you hit him?”

“In the chest.”

“Did you hurt him?”

“Probably left a bruise … it was just impulsive.”

“Was it like a full on spanking?”

“No, just one pop on the butt.”

“Then what happened?”

“Manda was there. She told him she was working on the ‘no throwing rocks’ rule.”

“So you didn’t get in trouble.”

“No.”

“And you don’t feel bad about it?”

“Feel pretty good, actually. Fuck him. I wanted to do that to parents who hit their kids a hundred times before I got here. Overdue I guess.”

“Wow. So what did Amanda say?”

“To not make a habit of it.”

“Huh.”

“She knows how I feel about people hitting kids and littles.”

“Yeah, I think everybody here knows after that day with Billy and Bobby’s big … well, good for you then, I guess. Big couple of days all around.”

“Wanna go do something?”

“Sure,” she said grinning. “C’mere.” She stood up and took his hand, leading him to one of the activities tables. A little boy Jamie didn’t recognize was playing with toy cars on the table, and Ella at down on one side of him, pointing Jamie toward the other chair.

“Hi, Joey,” she said.

“Hi, Elwa,” he lisped.

“Joey, I want you to meet someone. This little boy if Jamie.”

“Hi, Joey,” Jamie said.

“Hi, Jamie.”

“Joey started here while you were gone last week,” Ella explained. Jamie sat there silently, not sure what he was supposed to say. Ella’s eyes went to the cars and back to Jamie and again until he picked up on it.

“Can I play cars with you,” Jamie asked.

“Okay,” Joey answered.

“Which one should I be?”

Snow was a new experience for Jamie in any dimension, at least snow that actually covered the ground. It rarely snowed where he as from, and when it did, it was just a dusting. There first snow was six inches deep, and Jamie truly felt like a kid getting to play in it for the very first time.

“Manda!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming! Some of us around here actually dress ourselves,” she said as she opened the door to her bedroom.

“Ready?”

“As soon as I put my boots on.”

“You warm enough?”

“I’m sweating buckets.”

“I told you not to put your coat on yet,” Amanda said as she pulled her boots on. There weren’t really necessary. The snow wasn’t that deep, for a big.

“I didn’t think you were gonna take so long.”

“It wasn’t that long, Mr. Impatient,” Rebecca said as she picked him up. She patted his butt and was greeted with a solid thunk. It was too much work taking a little in and out of snow clothes, so she’d double diapered him before getting him dressed. The three of them went downstairs, where Rebecca and Amanda put on their coats.

“Got the camera, Mom?”

“Yep,” she answered, patting the chest pocket she’d zipped it into.

“You ready, Jamester?”

“For a while now,” he said. He was partly eager to go play and just as eager to get out of the heated house before he sweat through his clothes. Becky opened the door and held it for him.

He’d seen it on TV, and he’d seen it through the window. The even blanket of powder coating everything, a blanket laid across the grass. Narrow piles on the tops of fence posts and the side mirrors of cars like white, fluffy ears. What he hadn’t sensed from the window, though, was how quiet it all was, the blanket absorbing sound like a towel wicks water. Not a bird sang. Not a squirrel scurried. Not a car had passed over the street yet. Everything smelled icy, the cold air fresh and clean and burning in Jamie’s nose. It was a new face of a still-new world for Jamie. His foot crunched down uncertainly as he stopped at the edge of their porch.

Rebecca and Amanda watched him. He’d told them about snow being new to him, as if they couldn’t tell from his reaction upon see the forecast every day that week. ‘They’re saying 2-4 inches. Do you think it will be 4?’ Followed the next evening by, ‘Now they’re saying 3-5. Do you think we’ll get more? Do we usually get more?’

He bent down and scooped a mitten full, then took a bite out of it. Becky snapped a picture.

“Well,” Amanda asked.

“Yeah, it’s pretty good,” Jamie giggled.

“Courtesy of Itali.”

“So can you show me how to build a snowman?” He was smiling ear to ear. The temperature hadn’t fallen very low, and the snow was wet and dense. Amanda got down on her knees and started scooping snow into her arms. Jamie followed her lead while Becky kept taking pictures, watching her babies play.

“You warm enough, buddy?”

“Yeah,” he said, concentrating on shaping his pile of snow into something like the three big spheres he always saw on TV. This was more like one big pile with some contours, but it was his pile, and he was proud of it. After twenty minutes, they each had a snowman.

“Now what,” Jamie asked.

“Now we draw a face on it,” she said, taking his mittened hand and guiding it cross the surface of his snowman in the shape of a smile, then digging out two little divots for the eyes.

“Whadduya think,” she asked when she was done.

“I like him. Mom?”

“Does he have a name?”

“Um … Eric.”     Rebecca and Amanda exchanged glances, unsure what his portended.

“Why Eric,” Becky ventured.

“No reason,” he said. He looked at Amanda, still kneeling next to him in the snow, and had one of those grins that say that ‘I’m about to do something more fun for me than you.” Before Amanda picked up on it, he tackled her, or tried to, into the snow.

“Oh yeah,” Amanda retorted, flipping him back over. She let him get the upper hand again and feigned helplessness. “Mom! Help! He’s gone crazy!” Becky responded by taking pictures while Jamie planted a handful of snow on the top of Amanda head. They rolled around in the snow until blanket looked like it had been slept in by a herd of restless Jamie Bears.

When they were both worn out and each had a hatful of snow and more melting under the collar of their coats, Becky decided it was time to pick off the survivor. She wasn’t quite sure how to play – it had been a long time – she recognized instinctually the importance of surprise, and walked up nonchalantly to the two laying on their backs.

“You guys all done,” she asked. Amanda looked at Jamie, sweating and panting beside her.

“I think so, Mom,” Amanda said as she sat up.

“Good,” she said, hesitating before adding, “Jamie … let’s get her!” Becky got down into the snow and tackled Amanda back over, inspiring Jamie to a second wind. Allied, they came out on top to Amanda’s cried of, ‘No fair! Two against one! No fair!”

Only when Becky was sure she and Jamie had won, and Amanda knew it and no one could ever dispute the outcome, did she let Amanda back up and ask, “Who wants hot cocoa?”

They shed their coats and boots and pants and hats and gloves in the foyer, and Becky went into the kitchen while Amanda went to go change Jamie into more comfortable, and less wet, clothes. Once he was down his t-shirt and diaper, Amanda couldn’t take it anymore and peeled off her own sweater and sweat pants, leaving her in her long underwear.

“What are you laughing at,” she asked when Jamie giggled.

“You look like a J.J. Legume catalogue.”

“Is that a good thing/”

“Yeah. And you’re prettier.” Jamie had never been a ladies’ man, but he knew went to tack “pretty” on to the end of a sentence, plus she was.

“Thanks, Jamester. How about a diapee change.”

“Yes, please,” he said as he laid back on his changing table. The outer diaper was wet, too.

“Did you get some snow in here,” she said in mock shock.

“If I did, you put it there!” He stuck his tongue out at her. Amanda took her time changing Jamie, warming the wipes in her hands before cleaning him off, trying to take some of the chill out of his skin.

Amanda was pretty sure Jamie didn’t know when he was wet anymore. She doubted he had lost control of his bladder, but the last few times she’d asked if is pants were wet he’d said he wasn’t sure except when he was obviously soaked. He just went, so natural it didn’t register in his memory.

She wasn’t sure, however, as she wiped his bottom, if his little nap time oops while they were on vacation had been a one off. He was still doing what he could to time his movements for a quick change, but other times, like this time, if he had gone purposefully, then he had chosen not to say anything about it. It was never much, maybe only so little that he could actually not know because he was so habituated to it, due to his runnier movements because of the breast milk, or else he just didn’t care all that much anymore when he had a small load in his diaper. She figured it was most likely the latter, but she wasn’t sure.

This hadn’t been her intent when she had asked him if he wanted out of diapers the first time, and in fact was something she was had wanted to avoid. She didn’t think it was possible for him to lose control in that time frame, but she could see how it would become so normal he could do it without having to consciously go. She’d considered asking him, but he hadn’t voice a word of concern, and he seemed content. Maybe that one littles accident in the store with Mel had been the final barrier, the last hurdle to leap over before he came to the conclusion that in this dimension, it just didn’t matter, and it did feel good, and wet and dirty diapers always got changed, which was the best part. She didn’t want to mess with that, so as long as he seemed okay with it and didn’t speak up about it, she was going to treat it all as normal, like he did, and happily spend this special time with him

She was pulling the new diaper between his legs when he asked, “When’s Christmas?”

“I was wondering when you were going to ask. Six weeks from now. Excited to see Santa Claus?”

“You guys imported Santa Claus, too?”

“Hard to import a holiday without the figure it honors, right?”

“Well, actually …” He decided not to finish. No need to bother with the notion that Christmas for most people, including for him, wasn’t about more than time with loved ones, good cheer, and charity, plus Santa Claus.

“Why,” she asked as she helped him sit up, “is there someone else visiting at Christmas you’re thinking about?”

Jamie looked chagrinned. “How long have you known?”

“Two weeks. She contacted us through the agency.”

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“We decided to let you tell us when you were ready, or when it got so close we had to say something.”

“You’re not … upset, are you?”

“No way! Mom and me think it’s great she’s coming. Mom even offered for her to stay here.”

Jamie blanched. “Really?”

“If you’re okay with it.” Jamie wasn’t sure if he was or not. Everything seemed good now, and if Amanda was right, Cheryl knew everything there was to know about his new life. Still ...

“I … I guess,” he said, then added, “Where exactly with she stay?”

“Well, where would you like her to?” Jamie frowned.

“I’ll decide later.”

“Ready for some cocoa?”

He brightened up. “May I have a cookie?”

“Yes, you may,” Amanda said with smile, tapping his nose with her finger to punctuate each word.

She carried him into the kitchen clad only in his t-shirt and diaper. Becky had turned on their gas fireplace before they went outside, and it was toasty now. They found their mom in the kitchen stirring two pots on the stove, one smaller and one bigger, having changed into more comfortable clothes

“There’s my expert snowman builder,” Becky said, putting her arms out and taking Jamie from Amanda. “You know what I read, Baby Bear?”

“I read that in really cold places where you’re from, people kiss like this,” she said, gently rubbing her nose against his. ‘Is that true?”

“I guess so,” he giggled. She did it again.

“Nice outfit,” Becky said to Amanda, who was getting cookies – big and little – out of the cabinet.

“I’m gonna try out for the J.J. Legume catalogue,” she joked.

“Oh, is that it?”

“It was my idea,” Jamie said.

“Well, I think my Manda Bear could be in any catalogue she wants to,” she played along, “so long as she’s dressed in at least that much clothes.”

“Manda Bear,” Amanda asked.

Becky cocked her head to the side for a moment, and replied, “Yes. Manda Bear. You’re not too old to be my Manda Bear, are you?”

Amanda blushed. “I guess not.” The name made her tummy tingle. Jamie couldn’t believe he hadn’t thought of it until now – Manda Bear, swap out the P for an M and, oh well, never mind.

Becky turned back to the stove and took a spoonful of cocoa from the smaller pot, blew on it, and lifted it to Jamie’s lips. “Mmmm,” he said when it got to his taste buds. “Is this made from your milk?” So he was over that embarrassment, too.

“Yep. Is it good?”

“Very,” he said, staring at the pot. When nothing happened for half a second, he added, “May I have some now?”

“Of course,” Becky said. She moved to get one of his cups from the cabinet – he couldn’t very well dip a cookie into a bottle.

Amanda stepped over to the stove and took a sip from the spoon. Becky didn’t see, but Jamie did.

“Well,” he said with a Cheshire Cat smirk on his face. Manda Bear’s cheeks turned as rosy as when she was wrestling in the snow with Jamie Bear, and redder when Becky turned around.

“Mama Bear’s hot chocolate is definitely for Jamie Bears.”

Good, Jamie thought, because he didn’t wanna share.

Becky didn’t think anything of Amanda giving it a try. It’s not like she hadn’t when she was making it, the hot cocoa that is. “Who wants to go sledding later?”

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, kerry said:

I've said it before, but I really love the way you linger on moments. You are continually proving that good stories don't need outrageous plot twists, that they only need characters readers can care about. 

Yeah! It's how I feel :)

Oooh snowmen and cocos and teaming up on manda am all smilings sillily :)

S L E D D I N G! When I was younger (and the snow that winter was deep enough, which was fairly rare even in the North of England) we went to a local hill that was amazing for sledding. I suppose being a Little means there is a lot less snow needed for sledding as you are a lot lighter. Winter as a Little sounds really fun!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

You were the very first to leave a comment here. Idk why, but that makes me feel happy when I see a new comment from you ?

Thank you for the kind words! 

The bonding between Jamie, Amanda, and Becky is beautiful to read. I absolutely love how the saga is unfolding, although I would love to see some of the parts that are hinted at between chapters... I still love this story!

Just woke up. Reached out to my mobile and read the latest chapters 48 part 2 - 49. ?

Love these moments with Jamie and Mel ❤️ It kind of makes me feel little too when reading while I am lying here in my bed in a very ... and ..... night diaper ☺️?

I like the way Ella tries to help Jamie and guide him to accept and set himself free to embrace his new life as an unregressed little. ?

Chapter 49 reminds me of playing in the snow as a child - ohh how I missed that time! ?

11 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

Jamie couldn't believe he hadn’t thought of it until now – Manda Bear, swap out the P for an M and, oh well, never mind.

???

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kerry said:

Um..no, please. ?

I'm conflicted. Summer where I live means going late May to late September with a chronic case of Swamp Everything.

1 hour ago, Jayme said:

Snow where I'm at would be devastating, but I would love to skip the triple digit temperatures (farenheit)

Which is why I hate summer!