LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If you had a major leak....

If you had a major leak when out in public, one that was quite visible to people around you, how did you handle it?  Did you just walk quickly away and to your car, did you try and cover up by wrapping a jacket around your waist?  Did you just go about your business as if nothing happened?

Where has it happened?  At work?  At the mall or a store?  When out with friends?  Movie theater or concert?

Did people stare?  Did anyone say anything to you about it and if so, who?  Friends you were out with?  Coworkers?  Boss?  Random stranger in a store?

If someone said something to you about it, how did you react?  Thank them for bringing it to your attention?  Tell them it was none of their business?  Say nothing?  Apologize?  Explain your incontinence and need for diapers?

If friends or coworkers who may have seen the leak, did they already know that you wear diapers for whatever reason or were they in the dark about your diapers until the leak and now they know?

Just curious as I know some members have posted over the years in the forums about having a leak or diaper failier when away from home and I wonder if people noticed, said anything to them and how they handled it.

I used to (before I started using covers) have leaks when shopping or just out and about. I usually know immediately if I leak, because it mostly happens when a flooding occurs, which I can feel, so I check myself afterwards. Or I simply feel the leak itself.
Wrapping some clothes around your waist is the best idea, but unfortunately it's not always available. For example, in summer, when it's rather hot... I often had to just take off tights, if I was wearing a skirt at that time. If not... Several times I waited somewhere, until the leak is not so noticeable.
Once I leaked at the university, during a lecture, but I think no one noticed, because I stayed a bit after most people left and did my best to hide the evidence...
In fact, no one ever said anything. There may have been some strange looks, but no more than that.

• Like 1

Most of the leaks go undetected and I just rush off and change.   Had one driving in the car the other day.

I did have a poop blowout once and it was incredibly embarrassing.    I was getting something at the store for my wife and my periodic IBS/allergy issue hit.    It was bad enough that I lost it in the diaper but then I realized it was running down my leg and it.   I hustled to the car and got home and cleaned my self up and then went out and cleaned up the car.

When you wear and wet diapers "if" isn't the proper word to use here, it's more about "when" and how visible that is :whistling: There are just too many ways diapers can leak so sooner or later it is going to happen no matter how careful you are. I've recounted many of my public leak experiences here already so I won't go over them all again ;) What I do varies, but almost never will I expose myself publicly if I know I have a visible leak. Take note of the word "almost" for there are situation a where either I didn't care or estimated that nobody would notice, and did what I needed to do regardless. Being that I have almost no bladder control or knowledge of how full it is, I can easily over-fill my diaper without warning when it's near capacity and the only thing I can do about that is change early or avoid going out into the world in anything but a fresh diaper. Neither of those two options is workable here so if I think I'll be OK I just go on with life :girl_happy:

Here in the Southern US, words of endearment like "honey" and "baby" and "sugar" are often said casually as part of a normal conversation :D It's just st our way of being friendly and carries no connotations with it. At the local convenience store I shopped at there was a younger lady working as a clerk, very pretty, and with no real interest in a scruffy older guy like me. She was a typical Southern girl in speech and actions, but she never used terms like this with me, which signified her lack of interest in me at a personal level. I was just another customer to her, that's all -_- One day on the way home from work I stopped in, and on the way out I saw her looking at my backside in the reflection of the glass door. I knew my cloth diaper was soaked though I didn't think it had leaked, but when I got home I saw the two huge 'diaper smilies' at my legs in back and knew that was what she had been staring at. Only one way to get that pattern of wetness there as everyone well knows :angel_not: Nothing to be done for it at that point so I decided that I'd continue life as usual and see what happened when I next saw her there. The next few stops someone else was working, but when we finally did meet again she was nicer to me and much more friendly, sprinkling her speech with calling me "baby" where it might be expected to be heard :P Her boyfriend was often there with her so it was clear that there was still no romantic interest, and with me having leaked so badly she had to know that I had become aware of it myself at some point. I'm sure she was saying"baby" intentionally and knew that I'd catch that, but she was saying it nicely with there clearly being no harm meant by that ^_^ I just smiled and was extra-nice in return. She didn't work there for very long after that but it was always the same from then on, with me getting a lot of "baby" from her and kind of enjoying it with her treating everyone else as she first did me before that fateful afternoon. I could see that the other people were wondering what there was causing that difference between them and me, as we Southern folk notice such things. 

Before that day I lived in utter dread of leaks, constantly checking myself and worrying what would happen if I were seen that way. The times it had happened at work (not nearly this visible) I would make sure that the few times someone else was around that my backside wasn't seen by them. More than once I went home to change mid-day as it wasn't far. But after this I saw that a leak wasn't going to be the end of my world and that I was doing myself more harm worrying about it than happened when I leaked :rolleyes: My self-confidence returned and I also discovered that while medium-sized plastic panties of that style seemed to be a perfect fit, the large-sized ones actually worked better in preventing leaks :thumbsup: This was in my earliest days of wearing 24/7 and I've learned a lot since then. I've also been out in the real world with visible leaks since then though none quite as blatantly visible as that day was. It usually happens when I know I'm at capacity but try to squeeze in a quick stop somewhere only to discover I'm wetting once I'm in the store. At that point I just keep going since there's little point in doing anything else. I do make some effort to remain unseen, especially to any children that are around, but meh- yeah, my wet diaper leaked and so what B) Ain't no big thing to me anymore at all. I wear diapers which sometimes leak and that simply goes with a life in diapers. I wouldn't have life any other way now :biker_h4h:

Bettypooh

I wet my shorts today when my nappy leaked as I wasn't aware just how wet it was.  I just went and changed my nappy. I anyone noticed my wet shorts so what. They soon dried.

43 minutes ago, stevewet said:

I wet my shorts today when my nappy leaked as I wasn't aware just how wet it was.  I just went and changed my nappy. I anyone noticed my wet shorts so what. They soon dried.

It wouldn't have mattered if you had been wearing rubber shorts.

my only public leak (that i'm aware of, anyway!) was years ago before i found premium diapers. i was diapered, i forget what i was wearing, and out and about doing errends and using my diaper all long the way. well, at the very last place, i felt a small trickle go down my leg! luckily, i was wearing pants and long-johns, so everything was contained, more or less. i asked for a restroom, so maybe i could change out and save myself from more wetness. turns out, their bathroom wasn't really for customers, and on top of that they didn't have a trash can! so i scrapped that idea, flushed and just left. i got home, and my butt and thighs were soaked! luckily, no one was home, so i hurried upstairs for a quick shower and fresh clothes, then started to clean my car from that experience. hooray for leather seats! lol

i hope i wasnt leaking bad enough to go through my pants for anyone to notice, so i kinda lucked out with that.

I  was on a date with my girlfriend at outback when my diaper leaked a terrible amount just as we were leaving thank god it was pouring down rain I just stepped out the door  and got soaked no one was any the wiser it was the only time I didn't wear my PUL pantys 

I lost count to be honest I literally have no idea how many leaks I had, but when it happens I usually pay as little attention to it as I can. For sure is will deal with the problem but I always try to keep things as normal as I can, just go to the changing aria or restroom and take care of business. Nobody ever said a thing but I cannot imagine that it hasn’t been noticed at one time or another. I’ve been wearing diapers 24/7 for the last 20+ years accidents happen. Frankly I truly belief nobody cares.

• Like 2

For me the two worst places my diapers have leaked while in public is at the bar and at work.  

At the bar it is difficult because once you start drinking with the boys it is not so easy to change your diaper.  Five hours in the same diaper at the bar is so much different than five hours diapered elsewhere. Even if everyone at the bar you were with knew that you wear diapers the bathrooms in a bar are generally not diaper changing friendly.  Add to the fact that you would not normally carry a backpack into a bar with you.  Eventually if you end up staying for a full evening your diaper can not keep up with your fluid intake. 

As far as I know no one has ever noticed my diaper leaking at the bar.  Since I am always wearing my layers I do have a fair amount of warning that my diaper is leaking because I can feel my layers start to get wet against my skin.  As soon as a leak springs I immediately stand up in an unsuspecious manner.  This is to allow my diaper to absorb an alcohol flooding better. Press out leaks are the worst when it comes to a diaper leak and a bar stool does a great job pressing your pee pee out of your diaper.

Once I have stopped peeing I general head to the bathroom to try and clean as much of my pee pee up as much as possible in my protective panties and fixing panties.  I will also start to figure out an excuse to leave or a way I can discreetly change myself...maybe in the car or at a nearby gas station.

I have literally had pee pee running down my legs at the bar and I act as if everything is normal which keeps my buddies from noticing.

At work if I am on the job industrial maintenance is very forgiving when it comes to a diaper leak.  With sweat, oil, water, and grease everywhere a wetspot on my jeans would certainly not be looked at immediately as that I was wearing a diaper and it was leaking.  Working in the office however is quite the opposite.  The only time my diaper has leaked in the office is my own fault because I was simply to lazy to change it at lunch.

When I am experiencing a leak at the office I have two ways to approach it.  If it is almost the end of the day then I simply sit in my chair leaking until time to leave and make a timely exit.  It I have a leak with a couple hours left in the day I will find a way to change my diaper in an inconspicuous way and use toilet paper to try and dry my pants out as much as possible.  I will literally sit in the bathroom for a half an hour if need be, aggressively rubbing the wetspot on my pants.  I also usually have a change of pants if absolute necessary.  No one at work has ever noticed and I have had two very noticeable crescent mooned shaped wetspots on my pants.

Unless everyone knows you wear diapers in which case people would be sympathetic to your leaks then being caught with a leaking diaper lies mostly on you and how you act after your leak has sprung.

Spot on Mark.  I had a night out with my fellow employees once and we hit the bars after a rather long presentation.  I changed before heading out, but did not expect the night of drinking that followed.  We sat down at the third bar of our pub crawl and i felt an immediate leak.  I excused myself and went to the bathroom.  I was not only leaking, but had well exceeded the diaper's capacity and it had split open!  I had no back up diaper and my butt was literally saturated and down the back of my thighs. 

I ate my pride and went back out after trying hard to dry things off.  They asked if I was ok as I was gone for a good 10-15 min.  I had to fess up and admit my predicament so I could leave and take care of the issue.  I explained that I was living with incontinence and that the even took my by surprise and i had greatly overestimated my situation.  When I got up everyone saw my wet butt as I left.  The next day they asked a few questions but were fine and did not tease or say anything odd.  They are still friends.

I am usually in an office setting and have had a few times when I got up to find the half-moon tattle tails or a wet seat cushion.  I just act it like it is no big deal most times, grab my backpack with a change and go for the restroom.

Most people will understand if you just address it in an adult manner.  I was mortified, but afterward I got over being embarrassed.  It is hard to get there, but at the end of the day embarrassment comes from within, not others. 

Keep you head up, do what you can to avoid situations like that, and live your life diapered!  Even young adults deal with this and it is no big deal. 

16 hours ago, dlnoir said:

I lost count to be honest I literally have no idea how many leaks I had, but when it happens I usually pay as little attention to it as I can. For sure is will deal with the problem but I always try to keep things as normal as I can, just go to the changing aria or restroom and take care of business. Nobody ever said a thing but I cannot imagine that it hasn’t been noticed at one time or another. I’ve been wearing diapers 24/7 for the last 20+ years accidents happen. Frankly I truly belief nobody cares.

I honestly think you are right no one batted an eyelid when I wet my shorts last weekend when my nappy leaked. I didn't make a fus and they soon dried.

Ill tell you the fun little story of when I had money to splurge and bought diapers a bit often:

So this event happened oh 6 years ago. A had a friend who knew I wore diapers for the hell of it and he didn't care(since we been friends for over 10 years). So I decided I wanted to stay at the guy's place and I call him asking if I could come over for the night and he said yes. So I bring my stuff over for the night(including the diapers). Back then, I was a bit more childish then I am now and it didn't help that I didn't like people that much(school taught me a bit of how humans really are to each other). So I do my night stay but I bike ride into town(since we didnt own a car). Ok ok, ill get to it!

So after the night I stayed with my friend, he wanted me to go with him to explore town(because why not) but for some dumb stupid reason I forgot to take off that absorbent underwear I wore the night before and it was already soaked and what did I do...I got on my bicycle and rode along with my friend. So we explore town for a few hours and we get back to his house afterwards. Once we got back the absorbent underwear didn't feel as umm...like in the morning. So I get to the bathroom and long be hold...I had a blowout. The diaper musta exploded while I was riding my bike around town. So yea...

That was the time when that city was covered in diaper core and you know what...I didn't care. Did anyone give me any funny looks as diaper core was falling out of my pant legs no and if they did, boy would I have given them the"keep your thoughts to yourself" treatment.

These days Im not as much of a daredevil anymore since I have to take care of family and pay the bills nor do I have the funds for the really awsome abdl diapers and the like.

Thats my two cents...

When I first started college I use to wear flimsy cheap store brand diapers which tend to be pathetic in terms of capacity. Many a time I've leaked after just one large wetting, when I first started I wasn't prepared for leaks at all and the only thing I could do was walk back to my shared apartment to get changed and hope no one noticed. Luckily the first leak I experienced was a cooler day and I was wearing a sweatshirt I could tie around my waist; no one seemed to have noticed and from then on I was more prepared in the event of another leak.

Eventually I started wearing more and I switched to using better quality diapers and leaks became a much more seldom occurrence, though they never really stop happening. My roommates became privy to my diapering at some point in my first year (they were cool about it) and they would cover for me if I ever had a bad leak. An example; last year we all went to see The Beauty and the Beast in theaters and well my diaper leaked pretty badly, I didn't notice until one of the girls saw and let me know. One of the girls (bless her) gave me her cardigan to wear around my waist and we walked single file out of the movie theater, we had a good laugh about it on the way home.

• Like 1

Aye it's happened a few times when out and about, especially on campus during college. Luckily, on days when I'd be out of the house for a long while, I'd be extra cautious and wear dark clothing to hide any leaks. As far as I could tell, no one noticed, or at the very least, they never said anything.

The one occasion I can think of where someone did say something actually happened at home. I was living with a few of my fraternity brothers at the time, and worked most evenings. One night, I came home from a rough shift, with the Tena Super I was wearing just about maxed out to capacity. As I walked in, the one of the guys I was closest with was camped out on the couch in the living room, watching hockey and drinking beers. Naturally, being the only other hockey fan in the house, and desperately wanting to unwind, I flopped down on the couch and joined him. A change could wait until the commercial break, right?

Of course, I forgot about my predicament after the first few drinks. Feeling the urge come up on me, I let my bladder go without even giving it a second thought -- until I felt a trickle of something warm and damp spreading around the cushions beneath me. Now, out of all the guys in the house, this one knew that I had some "issues" in the urinary department. We'd lived together the previous year and shared one of the bathrooms, and you start to notice when someone alternates between running to the toilet every hour and going whole days only using it to shower. I'd never told him I wore protection before, though. So, when it happened, I sprung out of my seat, shouted something to the effect of, "Sorry, be right back!", changed into an Abena M4, and came back with carpet cleaner to spray on the couch.

My friend's response was basically to laugh it off and rib me about having one too many drinks. Feeling a little daring, I flashed a little bit of the waistband and told him, "With one of these on, I could finish the rest of my beers and yours', no problem!" He laughed even harder, and I think at that point, he finally understood why I made so many visits to the doctor's office, and why I had a constant stream of Amazon boxes being delivered to the house. It wasn't ever brought up again, but it was definitely a relief to know that if another leak happened with him around, he'd at least take it in good stride.

So many leaks.  So, so many.  I just find the bathroom, change, try to dry off my clothes.  At my old job, I mostly wore suits, and happily discovered how well wool just lets moisture run down the inside of the leg without showing much. 

Now I usually stand until things dry off naturally. Also keep a change of clothes where I am. 

Last time I had a major leak was quite public, as I was at a local tavern enjoying a few adult beverages when someone came up to me and said ,WTF you just pissed yourself, and I just calmly said oh thanks for letting me know, guess my diaper is full and needs changing. 

Have also had leaks while out shopping with little to no reaction from others nearby, but when out riding my motorcycle I have to be very alert to the possibility of leaks as sitting in the saddle can cause even a damp diaper to leak. 

I once had a diaper completely fail on my way home from my girlfriend's house.  I was very wet.  

Just as I got home, my tenant/housemate (who happened to be my girlfriend's adult daughter) also arrived.  I kind of rushed in the house.  I heard she noticed and a few weeks later after Pride weekend, she figured out that I wear diapers.  She was pretty cool about it.

I’ve been wearing diapers 24/7 for about 30 years. When adult disposable diapers first came out, they were very prone to leaking. For that reason, I continued to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants until about 15 years ago. However, top-of-the-line contemporary diapers, such as ComfiDry 24/7 and BetterDry, are excellent. If you pay attention to how saturated the diaper is becoming and change when necessary, leaks virtually never occur day or night. 

• Like 1

I had a major leak today at work that actually made me take my fixing panties off.  This is a rare occurrence as sometimes my panties can be pulled up to tight and actually enter the leg band of my diaper.  The one advantage of wearing all the layers that I do is you can feel your diaper starting to leak before it reaches your outer pants.

20180827_155928_240x426.jpg

At least I'd probably have my emergency Tena pullup handy - there's always one in my "handbag" (a little rucksack).  I've still not got round to hiding one somewhere in the car though.  There aren't many hiding places in my car!