LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My problem with ADISC.org

While I will stay out of commenting on other sites, let me tell you that I have no reason to doubt Angela's legitimacy. She is a long-standing member of the ABDL community and regularly provides us with interesting content and support.

While I want to dismiss what that other site claims about Angela's legitimacy as pure FUD, and don't really have any reason to doubt her legitimacy, I do admit that I'm probably just a bit more cautious than usual when claims of false identity come up in this community now as a result of the whole fiasco with "old ABU." Granted, Casey has turned that place around drastically, and Angela is an entirely different person, but what Kyle pulled has caused me to at least keep an eye on situations like these. I have a lot more faith in Angela than in the people who've claimed she's not "real" though.

Update: I forgot to mention this before hitting reply gah!ghost, but thanks for mentioning where the phrase "ruling cabal" came from, I do agree that it seems rather fitting given the circumstances though. I cannot begin to tell you how glad I am that DD doesn't have a staff that could be described that way.

Edited by Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover

How can it be that I may be the only persons to remember her from DPF in the early '90's, including picture? Also, IIRC she used to host DPF events. There must be SOMEONE who actually MET her: Yes? No?

LOL...Christine, the number of people who were active 25 years ago and are still here on DailyDi can likely be counted

There was a similar affair at DPF some 28 years ago of "Who is Linda Browleigh?; the "nurse" at, I believe it was "The Wet Set". The issue of provacy is significant here since this is part of one's "bedroom [closed dooor]" activities. Now I only put on the web what I want there and only at the places where it matters and do what I can to avoid crosstalk. Now I've seen things from my Google account (my alias there) show up here or elsehere but have not acknowledged it. I do NOT want the two to crosstalk.We accept a but of fiction, such as male LG's (part of the original "Trnasgender" group back when the Transgender Guide was active). In fact, I spend much of the night of Sept 13, 1999 messaging (using our emails) with a member named Maya "waiting for the moon to be blown out of orbit" and the same was true of Girltalk. to). We tell as much and the parts of "the truth" that are relevant to where we are and what we do there. I have two phrases that I use "What goes on in Las Vegas stays in Las Vagas: The Internet is NOT Vegas!" and "Every name is an alias and every address is a storefront in New Jersey". Then too, Billy the Kid's name was NOT Billy and in many places I give my name as "Jim" and one of my musician names is E. Z. Pickens. These are not all of my names, either

Now, if anyone goes around trying to 'bust" persons for using an alias, they will put a severe chill in the ABDL; especially the LG section, BESM or other scene, not to mention the Web per se, since part of the raison d'etre of aliasing is to protect against real bad persons

Never met Angela personally, but in my many years here there have been a number of people who have and they say 'our' Angela is that same person :) Plus her legal advice is sound- I've checked on that and doubt that anyone would do that much research work just to creat6e an 'imposter' profile. Yep, same Angela, don't worry.

ADISC went through a very close call legally and that will change you and how you do things. I speak from personal experience there :rolleyes: But they do seem to have too much 'personal opinion' involved in their decisions without enough diverse peer input happening with those opinions and judgement calls :( When everyone in charge is slanted one way, everything they do will trend further in that direction and dissent will not be considered as needing consideration <_<

We have a very diverse team in charge here and dissent is common and heard regarding decisions. Nothing and nobody gets summarily written off here, all of what we do is in the open to the Admins and Mods and all is discussed if there's anyone who sees something differently. Plus we've got a great person running the show. So you're not going to get slammed here unless you truly deserve that and we work hard to be sure it stays that way B) Others could learn a lot from us and our approach but that's up to them.

In the end every website is ran and controlled by it's owner and nobody can force them to change. If you don't like a site then don't go there and if you haven't made positive contributions there don't expect them to hear your complaints. We're all guests at the sites we don't own and we should act accordingly when we're visiting them.

Bettypooh

What I wonder about that place is how many members there have been accused of lying about their age because they have lied about their age elsewhere? If one put a false age in their profile on another forum and the moderators found their profile there but yet their ADISC profile says they are 24 when the other forum says they are 22, they ban them for lying about their age. Or they got banned from not remembering their fake birth date. Sometimes it will ask you to put in your

Pretty interesting reading what people have to say about ADISC

I was an ADISCer, but I got banned on purpose because I was jumping on a bandwagon when there were a few outraged by minors not being allowed on anymore and some people started a crappy new forum I joined instead.

I

This is really my biggest beef with them, Jennynappy. It's one thing to have spaces in a profile for stuff that members can share, and to have discussions that allow for us to mention a hobby or two, but making it requirement is overreaching. What bothers me even more is the mob mentality that ADISC has about finding out everything about every member that they can, including information not shared directly with ADISC. They want way too much personal information and the fact that they need two random household items to verify who a person is instead of just a name handwritten on a piece of paper shows exactly how paranoid they are. They should really invest some of their diaper money in tin-foil hats given how rampant they seem to be letting paranoia run. (It would be a huge bonus if they just happened to wear them during a lighting storm too. ;)) It's one thing to take reasonable precautions against underage members posting, but it's another to hold a witch hunt for every one of your members who might value their privacy. I can completely understand if people use an alias or list a town nearby instead of their own to avoid being "outed," possibly only sharing more personal information with those who they truly trust.

Without getting caught up in the same level of paranoia as ADISC, I have to admit that this thought crossed my mind as well when looking at their statement. For what it's worth, ADISC claims that the Angela Bauer on other sites is presumably the real deal, but if that's the case, (as I hope it is,) I would love to know why she didn't just mention that it wasn't her in the thread on here when people asked why she had been banned. A simple "that person was an imposter" would have put this to bed before we even had much of a chance to comment on it. On the other hand, ADISC has all the credibility of a pathological liar, so I'm tempted to give Angela the benefit of the doubt. However, I believe Mikey might also be using her as legal counsel, in which case I would hope that he sees this and somehow verifies her identity in a way that proves she is indeed who she claims to be, as it could be problematic for everyone if she was representing DD and lacked the credentials to do so. (Mikey, if you can give her a call or something, it might be a good idea.)

for a fact yes, there's no Angela Bauer listed where sehe says she comes from and she and her husband movie credits can't be ffound anywhere, even from credible sources. So she's hiding her identity. But who else here isn't?

Interesting, it is true. I mean PullUpLover is not my real name I hate break that to everyone. The point is just because most of us are hiding our identities online(I actually do use my real self on some forums) we are not out there to steal peoples kids or financial identity :ph34r:

Aliases are not confined to ABDL or alt.lifestyle, they are all over the internet and before, going back to the early days of sci-fi fanzines printed on mimeographs (the "purple people eater"'s), often used by pro writers in the lettercol of the fanzine to keep from being bombarded by fan mail or having their random ideas taken as "canon" (usually with the consent and assistence of the fanzine editor) so that Cordwainer Smith, which was not his real name, might sign his letters as "Harry Lentz" from "Tempe Ariz"

And from what I have read over the years, why are we even having a discussion of ADISC's opinion on anything? What did Captain Kirk say about what the Klingon says?

Also, about discussing other sites. When you are the capo di tutti capi of ABDL sites, you kind of become a meta-site. It was from here that I explored other sites and here that I made my findings known and comments were made. Look at what happened when either Diaperbook or Diaperspace would go down and aren't many persons here, including DailyDi (acting in the name of DD), registered at other sites, like ikrinkle and AB Kingdom?

To Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover--yes, there was a similar discussion (to put it mildly) about Adrian Surley on ADISC about six years ago, in a thread about good diaper sites. Google "Adrian Surley fake" and it'll be one of the first hits that comes up. I didn't bother to read their arguments, since it doesn't really matter to me who she is. Her blog is an invaluable resource for the ABDL community, and typically generates some good discussions which have never, to my knowledge, degenerated into flame wars.

As to online ID, I suppose I'm either a model of transparency or incredibly stupid--I'll leave it to you to decide which. The name I use here

To Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover--yes, there was a similar discussion (to put it mildly) about Adrian Surley on ADISC about six years ago, in a thread about good diaper sites. Google "Adrian Surley fake" and it'll be one of the first hits that comes up. I didn't bother to read their arguments, since it doesn't really matter to me who she is. Her blog is an invaluable resource for the ABDL community, and typically generates some good discussions which have never, to my knowledge, degenerated into flame wars.

As to online ID, I suppose I'm either a model of transparency or incredibly stupid--I'll leave it to you to decide which. The name I use here

for a fact yes, there's no Angela Bauer listed where sehe says she comes from and she and her husband movie credits can't be ffound anywhere, even from credible sources. So she's hiding her identity. But who else here isn't?

The problem is she said it was her real name so they looked her up and didn't find any matches in her name so does that mean she lied about her real name or about the name of her husband? They don't like that.

This is the craziest discussion, I can assure you Angela Bauer is who she says she is, and Don is her husband, and has indeed many credits to his name in the movie industry. His former wife was also AB/DL and a pioneer in her own right... End of discussion... I was DPF back in 1982......So There :P She had made movies for DPF and then transferred the sale over to DD for small sales here. We actually hosted snippets of her films on Daily Diapers when we had a video section for a time. As for if that's her real name? it's the name she has used every since I have known her, she has never confided in me if that isn't indeed her real name, but that is who I know her as, so that is who she is to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I know it's a old thread but I was a member for ADISC for awhile and I have to say that until I was arbitrarily "Banned for Lying" I thought it was a pretty good site. I still have no idea what the moderator of the site was smoking and even though I tried to get in touch he refused to answer or give any sort of explanation. All in All, I remember thinking that his reasoning was rather lame because most of the stuff on the site seemed to be the fantasies and imaginings of the writers and how that differs from Lying remains unclear.

I was followed on every post on ADISC by one of their loony tunes mods who misread something I posted and accused me of lying then stalked me on the site accusing me of lying in everything I said.

The last straw was discovering that they had modded the original post to make it look like a lie just to hide the fact they had got their facts all wrong, I complained about them to the top brass but they sided with the mod and so I left

6 hours ago, billy1234 said:

I was followed on every post on ADISC by one of their loony tunes mods who misread something I posted and accused me of lying then stalked me on the site accusing me of lying in everything I said.

The last straw was discovering that they had modded the original post to make it look like a lie just to hide the fact they had got their facts all wrong, I complained about them to the top brass but they sided with the mod and so I left

Just wow. I don't know why people have to try and cover up their mistakes instead of just admitting it.

22 hours ago, skizics said:

I know it's a old thread but I was a member for ADISC for awhile and I have to say that until I was arbitrarily "Banned for Lying" I thought it was a pretty good site. I still have no idea what the moderator of the site was smoking and even though I tried to get in touch he refused to answer or give any sort of explanation. All in All, I remember thinking that his reasoning was rather lame because most of the stuff on the site seemed to be the fantasies and imaginings of the writers and how that differs from Lying remains unclear.

I know a few people elsewhere who keep suggesting I give ADISC a try. Continual incidents like this, (including ones with people who have never been a problem here,) are the reason why I haven't signed up with ADISC. Arbitrary bans followed by a lack of explanations seem to be a common issue that's mentioned about them, and I don't feel like making friends there just to lose touch when a mod loses his marbles and goes on a power trip over there.