LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Oh yeah tips would be nice, and be careful with it to, I've worked housekeeping and front desk at hotels, and if a housekeeper is having a bad day and sees a wet bed, she will call front desk and have us charge you for the sheets. (50 dollars at a holiday inn) so be careful. Diapers are common in trashcans in hotels, plus housekeepers deal with a lot grosser stuff than that, if it is in the trash can we consider it a curtesy.

I always wear plastic pants with disposables in hotels, and ask for a protective matress cover to be placed on the bed. They never have a problem with it or question why. Also, placing used diapers in a plastic bag then in the trash is helpful for the housekeepers, they appreciate it. Like KathyKay said, its just courtesy towards them.

Going back to my early childhood memories, my Mom always carried a supply of waterproof sheets when we traveled. Although none of us wet the bed often, in hotels Mom would place a waterproof sheet on the beds for us kids and herself. Then on top of the waterproof sheet Mom would spread a couple of Curity 20 x 40" flat gauze diapers.

After each of us reverted to bedwetting around puberty, we always wore pinned diapers to bed. We pinned on those and spread our own waterproof sheet.

Ever since then I have carried 2 or 3 waterproof sheets with me when traveling, for business of pleasure. I also inform the reservation department that I need a mattress protector. Apparently all the major chains keep such data in their computer.

I carry a supply of plastic baggies so my disposables are no problem. Every day I leave a generous tip for the room maid in envelopes I also carry for the purpose.

This past weekend I checked into a hotel with my girlfriend only to realize (to my horror) that I had forgotten to bring a plastic sheet. I went back to the front desk and explained my problem. The lady was very helpful, but didn't have anything but a garbage bag. She cut it open for me with a pair of scissors, and gave me a couple of towels to put down over it. The opened garbage bag fit over the entire bed and the towels acted as soakers. At her suggestion I put the lot underneath the bottom sheet.

Of course I woke up in the middle of the night soaked. Disposable diapers always leak for me. After a change, I threw on the previous day's clothes and took a walk of shame back to the front desk. The man there quickly gave me a bottom sheet and fresh towels, no questions asked.

Thank goodness. In the morning, I left a healthy tip for the maid, as she had to deal with four soaked towels and two damp bedsheets I left in the tub. But the mattress was saved!

What utterly mystifies me is that plastic mattress covers have been sold as normal bedding for over 35 years, and recommended as normal fiare for just ordinary accidents and as a defense against the usual dirt and dust. So why have not hotels made that par for the course, Who would know unless hey go through the effort of looking, Who, under the age of 45 would care or even think it out of the norm

Oh yeah tips would be nice, and be careful with it to, I've worked housekeeping and front desk at hotels, and if a housekeeper is having a bad day and sees a wet bed, she will call front desk and have us charge you for the sheets. (50 dollars at a holiday inn) so be careful. Diapers are common in trashcans in hotels, plus housekeepers deal with a lot grosser stuff than that, if it is in the trash can we consider it a curtesy.

$50 for washing wet sheets that were going to be washed anyhow? Sounds like a scam! But I agree with doing your best. We travel a lot and my baby has to wear disposables at night which sometimes leak - but not much.

On & off topic.... Sure, if there are messes to cleanup, one would have to let houskeeping in on those occasions. Plastic grocery bags are plentiful and could be used to double or triple wrap diapers and leave in the bathroom garbage can for a couple days, otherwise....

Why let housekeeping in at all for a less than five day stay? So that they can go through your things? Yes, there are all kinds of housekeepers and room variations from very basic to fully stocked wet bars with or without food and or snacks that they allegedy count and charge for missing/replaced items.

Do you change home sheets daily? Two days to a week is passable. Same w/bath towels and washcloths, theyre good for a couple days. If one needs more, they can catch a housekeeper in the hall and leave used ones outside the door, possibly w/any unditiefable garbage. Most places we stay at are middle, with a fridge & microwave. I don't want to come back and find liquor, beer, or food missing.

In other words, under most cases, the "Do Not Disturb" sign goes up the minute we open the door and doesn't come down until the room is empty as we head for checkout.

Note, I am not dissing anyone here or in the business. It's my opinion from 40+ years of travelling and finding resereved rooms not fit for human residence and sleeping in the car to one time, alone I might add, I was given the bridal suite at regular rates as they had overbooked.

My husband and I have had our diapers leak when we were on our honeymoon so every night was wet sheets. We should have gotten underpads so they catch our leaks.

Goodnights underpads are actually really good. I have used them at hotels before, but often have one on my bed to reduce the washing. They stay put!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I came in on this topic late, so I will refrain any judgment to the op.

But, with that said, there is some that I have seen post on various boards that think it's kewl to use a hotel mattress as a diaper.

To anyone that thinks that way, it's not only not kewl, it's something these people should start being charged for.

Now I'm talking about those who do it on purpose.

I understand accidents will happen. Especially with young children.

The responsible thing to do is inform housekeeping, so they can either shampoo and/or remove the mattress entirely.

My G/F works in housekeeping in a business hotel and has seen it all.

I agree with her, that poly sheets should become a standard in the industry.

When used with a mattress pad, I never hear or feel mine on my personal bedding.

Some people are just gross, and think $100 a night entitles them to trash a place.

Also, tipping is a rare practice. All it takes is 2 or 3 dollars times the amount of nights stayed.

As for used diapers, my g/f said she sees them in the trash often and it's just part of the job.

What's not part of the job is one left on the floor, etc.

I personally go a couple steps further... I bring along a few large garbage bags to tuck between the sheets and mattress,

Then use a disposable pad in case of leaks.

As for disposal, grocery store bags are a great way to not only make things more private, but contain odors.

If you don't want to leave them in the room trash, drop it in the container located next to many elevators or exits.

Or pack it and dispose of it when you stop for gas, etc.

Okay, hope someone read this... :P

I travel a lot for work. Different hotels, different cities, often a night or two each. Sometimes I remember to bring diapers - really makes sleeping in a strange bed much easier, and since I'm in my room alone there's no problem changing when I want, using if I want, etc. (vs. being at home around the family where it's a bedroom activity).

The problem can be twofold, though: I typically wear good disposables (Molicare, Bambino, etc.) but have a big bladder and can flood sometimes, which leaks out the back or around the legs, wetting the bed. Or, if I'm not diapered (especially if I have been previous nights), I may wet the bed thinking I am (I don't do this at home, though)... completely soaking it.

I *hate* leaving a room like this, but don't know what to do. It's either never diaper when I'm out (wah!), or always diaper when I'm out (not always practical, especially if I'm packing for carryon only.

Thoughts? Experiences at hotels (especially if you're staying multiple nights and wet one night)?

And how common must used diapers in the bathroom trash can be?

I should probably start leaving tips for the maids when I've diapered...

If you wet the bed you have no business staying in a hotel without a diaper! I have left used diapers, in plastic bags, in hotel trash cans without a problem. Nobody will bother you,

• Like 2

If you wet the bed you have no business staying in a hotel without a diaper! I have left used diapers, in plastic bags, in hotel trash cans without a problem. Nobody will bother you,

Absolutely Redneck. People need to show a little more respect and be responsible for their own issues. Yes accidents will happen but if you ditch the maids with wet sheets and a stinky mattress without having made some effort to mitigate the problem then your credit card should be charged accordingly IMO....

• Like 1

I always call ahead and inform the hotel the mattress will need a water proof covering in the room I am staying in.

If asked why, I just tell them I am incontinent and my diapers some times leak at night.

I always find a water proof covering on the matterss when I arrive, and I always make sure the sheets are wet with pee and there is at least 2 wet diapers in the trash befor I check out.

Sometimes that means I have to actualy pee on the sheets befor I check out if my diapers did not leak.

I always call ahead and inform the hotel the mattress will need a water proof covering in the room I am staying in.

If asked why, I just tell them I am incontinent and my diapers some times leak at night.

I always find a water proof covering on the matterss when I arrive, and I always make sure the sheets are wet with pee and there is at least 2 wet diapers in the trash befor I check out.

Sometimes that means I have to actualy pee on the sheets befor I check out if my diapers did not leak.

Umm...what? WHY on earth would you do this? It's one thing if you have a legitimate accident, but to do it on purpose? Totally inappropriate, inconsiderate, and rude. I sure hope you're leaving a HUGE tip for the poor maid who has to clean up your mess.

• Like 1

The person who is cleaning the room after I check out has always found a $100 bill on the night stand with a note letting them the sheets have been peed on. I have used the same hotel more than once. Most times they remember me and ask if the bed will need a rubber sheet again. I always say its best to be safe and put on one for me. There is a hotel in Iowa that I stop at every 4 months they have even purchased disposable diapers for me and leave a few on the bed in the room I book.

There is a hotel in Iowa that I stop at every 4 months they have even purchased disposable diapers for me and leave a few on the bed in the room I book.

Since they purchase disposable diapers for you, ever think they may be trying to tell you something as far as the wet sheets go? $100 goes a long way towards making up for wet sheets, but personally, I don't think you have to pee on the sheets on purpose to get your point across that you wear diapers and wet in your sleep! If your diaper leaks, that's one thing but purpously peeing on the sheet?

• Like 1

Dude that is just fucked up. Why the hell would you want to do something like that?

I'm speechless....

That's what I do I always let the hotel know of my problem and they always put a plastic sheet on the bed. I even did this when I went to Disney world they were great about it. My maid even hooked me up with a adult diaper rental place that took very good care of me wish we had them around here. Don't be afraid just ask people will help you out.

-1, Troll.

Not a troll in any way.

I just happen to have a very active life style and I have enjoyed wearing diapers for the past 30 or so years.

What I do is no different than someone paying someone else to wip, flogg, piss on them, crap on them, ect.

I stumbled apond this site a few months back and decided to sign up after reading through 100's of postings.

Now just cause you may not agree with how I enjoy myself is no reason to lable me a troll.

If you had the courage to tell the truth and was labeled a troll I doubt you would enjoy it either.

I have many different forum accounts on many different subjects and this is the first time I have ever been called a troll for telling the truth.

Maybe this forum is more used to being lied to and half truths being told.

I don't know and don't really care cause me leaving here would a loss to this forum as there are not more than a few here that have been around diaper forums since the first one back in the 90's called DPF.

Was not once called a troll on that forum and there where quite a few of us who had found the site back before Tommy let it fall apart.

Before this gets out of hand......

There is a rule against personal attacks <_< And while everyone is entitled to have and speak their opinion, please do so nicely or don't say anything at all ;) It's far better to debate a concept than to argue with a person, OK?

If I am right, I think the biggest point of contention here is with someone peeing on a dry hotel bed apparently just to make it wet. I can see no point in doing that myself, and I would think it more than a bit rude to the housekeeping staff to do it :o It seems to accomplish nothing yet it incurs extra troubles for someone who does not have to experience that. Had your diapers leaked, I could understand. But to do it intentionally I just don't get. Maybe you can help me see why you're doing this? :D

Bettypooh