LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I travel a lot for work. Different hotels, different cities, often a night or two each. Sometimes I remember to bring diapers - really makes sleeping in a strange bed much easier, and since I'm in my room alone there's no problem changing when I want, using if I want, etc. (vs. being at home around the family where it's a bedroom activity).

The problem can be twofold, though: I typically wear good disposables (Molicare, Bambino, etc.) but have a big bladder and can flood sometimes, which leaks out the back or around the legs, wetting the bed. Or, if I'm not diapered (especially if I have been previous nights), I may wet the bed thinking I am (I don't do this at home, though)... completely soaking it.

I *hate* leaving a room like this, but don't know what to do. It's either never diaper when I'm out (wah!), or always diaper when I'm out (not always practical, especially if I'm packing for carryon only.

Thoughts? Experiences at hotels (especially if you're staying multiple nights and wet one night)?

And how common must used diapers in the bathroom trash can be?

I should probably start leaving tips for the maids when I've diapered...

Two wrods "rubber panties" and you are psychologically incontinent if you wet because you think you are diapered; So make sure

I had a diaper completely fail on me once at a hotel. It was saturated to the point that it broke open and got SAP particles and diaper fluff all over. I cleaned it up the best I could but it still wasn't enough. I left the maid a very healthy tip for dealing with that.

Christine is right on the money. I wear a pair of terry cloth lined plastic pants over my diapers whenever I sleep in hotels. I've not had a repeat incident yet :)

I've never returned to that hotel either :(

I do not have experience with hotels and leaking, but plastic panties do seem to be the right decision. If you do not want to do that for some reason there are bed pads that Goodnites makes or CVS/Walgreens as well. Instead of putting it under the sheet, put it over the sheet. It should be good enough to absorb whatever leaks out.

I would say the goodnties brand because it has adhesive so it wont move on the bed, as I like to twist and turn a great many times in my sleep.

My husband and I have had our diapers leak when we were on our honeymoon so every night was wet sheets. We should have gotten underpads so they catch our leaks.

you can bring your own underpad, or a disposable one. Also, it wouldn't hurt to give them a little tip if you do happen to still manage to wet the sheets. for having to deal with out dirty diapers in the trash anyways, i would leave a tip.

I usually wear cloth diapers with large Comco pants at home so leaking is not a problem there. Disposables do leak at times from whatever position I was in while wetting. So away from home I bring my disposables and a Comco pant that is at the larger end of my size range. After putting on the diaper, I stand up and wrap a towel around my waist like I would do getting out of the shower-- only the towel is folded in half so it is full length but half width. That way the bottom of the towel stops at the same level as the bottom of the diaper. Then I put on the plastic pants. It looks like the volume will be too much for the pants to cover but it works fine. This provides excellent leak protection because when I am horizontal in bed, gravity moves liquids toward my hips and butt instead of my crotch. Note also that there is no added bulk between the legs. In the morning, if I have leaked into the towel it will not be a lot because the disposable has captured almost all of it. I then take the towel and throw it into the bottom of the tub and walk on it as I shower. This rinses out most of the urine and the towel is then wrung out as much as possible. When leaving i simply throw that one with the other towels in a bunch in the tub. By the time the maid comes the wetness of the rinsed towel is wicked to the drier towels and there is no special problem for the maid to deal with or for me to be embarrassed about. Bath towels have an amazing amount of liquid capacity. At first, I was concerned about not having any toweling between my legs, but there has never been a leak that gets past the plastic pants.

Before the towel method, I used a disposable, plastic pants and a reusable underpad, but the underpad was a lot of bulk in the suitcase. (I cannot keep disposable underpads in place when moving around during sleep.)

I would let the hotel know in advance. They could put a protective cover on the mattress before you arrive.

Sounds embarrassing, but remember that the hotel is within their legal rights to charge you for a mattress that you destroy by soaking.

• Like 4

I've heard that before hookeondiapers, that you can call in advance and tell them and they'd put on protection. think about it how many people vacation in hotels with bedwetting children? Surely they say something to a hotel....sometimes....

I might suggest a couple things to do. One, as people have said, wear plastic pants over your disposable diaper. You yourself mentioned that "The problem can be twofold, though: I typically wear good disposables (Molicare, Bambino, etc.) but have a big bladder and can flood sometimes, which leaks out the back or around the legs, wetting the bed." You can get a choice of several types of high backed plastic pants here, at this site:

http://www.fetware.com/back-plastic-pants-c-21.html

I would get them and make sure that they cover the back of your diaper. The advertizement says they are designed for just the problem you are having with leaking out the back of your diaper (even though you don't wear regular sized plastic pants). This helps with back of your diaper even sticking out of regular sized plastic pants and causing wet sheets or a wet bed when sleeping.

I know some people like cloth diapers, but then you have the hassle of packing wet used diapers to take back home to wash. Sure, some hotels have guest laundry, but when traveling for work and being very busy, do you want to spend your time laundering your wet diapers? Disposables, especially good quality ones like you have been using should be a lot more convienient when traveling and staying overnight.

You might think about packing a rubber or plastic half sheet and a smaller half cotton bed sheet that won't take up a lot of room in your suitcase. That way you can put the plastic or rubber sheet over the hotel's bed sheet, then your own cotton sheet over it. Sure, you can get disposable bed pads and if they are large enough to cover your sleeping area, fine! Use them! I'm just afraid that they aren't big enough to cover the whole area that you might leak on. If they are, fine, use them with the plastic pants. If not, bringing your own waterproofing and sheet large enough to compleatly cover the middle area of the hotel's mattress should work and give you piece of mind. Also, maybe use an insert pad or doubler in your diaper to increase capacity if you flood that much?

If you know that you're going to wet someone else's bed, or even think there is a fair chance of it, then you owe it to them to take steps to mitigate it ;) Either provide your own protection or let them know in advance so they can protect their property :) Hotels get a lot more of this than you think they might, and they will take care of this discreetly if you give them a chance to. After all, you are their business and they want you to return- so long as you aren't damaging their property :D

And always leave the cleaning staff a good tip; you don't realize how hard they work for so very little money B)

Bettypooh

I would let the hotel know in advance. They could put a protective cover on the mattress before you arrive.

Sounds embarrassing, but remember that the hotel is within their legal rights to charge you for a mattress that you destroy by soaking.

Thank you! The last think I want to do is sleep on a mattress that someone else peed on!

CDL

When I travel I use a reusable mattress protector (smaller than a full underpad) I got mine from walmart - it has a sleeping child on the package. It is vinylish material on one side and a felty absorbent material on the other. I simply leave it on the bed and housekeeping puts it back after changing the sheets. If I do leak (Kinda rare) I can send it to the hotel laundry as it is machine washable, and tumble on low. Works like a champ and lets you sleep better knowing there is protection for leaks.

I bought one of those washable FuuBuu underpads off ebay. It's very cute (winnie the pooh) and has already saved my mattress a couple times. Even in doubled/tripled diapers sometimes leaks can come out the front or back.

1. And how common must used diapers in the bathroom trash can be?

I should probably start leaving tips for the maids when I've diapered...

I would guess that it is more common than you would think for maids to find diapers in the trash. I always bring extra trash liners with me so that I can keep my diaper related trash in one contained place so I and the maid don't have to deal with the smell.

And you should always tip your maid, I even leave a simple thank you card with the tip.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'm absolutely not trying to leave a mess for anyone - and work to mitigate just this problem. I hadn't been bringing plastic pants, but will probably start. The twice it happened (same week) was enough to convince me to do SOMETHING, because as someone else said... I don't want to sleep on a mattress someone else destroyed.

I've worked in hotels and they generally have waterproof matress covers available. AS has been said just call ahead and ask for one . You don,t need to give them any reason for your request and they won't ask.

• Like 1

When I was 10 years old we stayed at a hotel while on a road trip and I wet the bed big time. My mom told the lady at the front desk and she said not to worry. It happens all the time.

I was in the car and mom pointed at me while she was talking to that lady. I was sinking lower into my seat just hoping the floorboard would open up and swallow me. I was embarrassed.

Chad

My mother actually worked as a chambermaid for quite a while. I don't know how we got onto the subject but she mentioned that it happens quite a bit more often than you might think.

I think that maids these days probably appreciate seeing a used adult diaper in the trash. It tells them that you're responsible enough to manage your problem and you're not looking to wreck anything or create a mess. If I was working there I'd sure appreciate it anyway.....