LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Causes People To Feel Like They Need To Wear Diapers?

There is a lot of discussion on this thread about 'no one can really know'.

I know when and why i started to get feelings/need to regress to a baby state. There was a series of traumatic events in my young life around when i was 9-12 yrs old. This was when i first had a desire to wear a nappy. some 30 yrs later I also understand in myself why i needed them and still do.

In my profile you will see a poem i wrote, below is the last three lines...

When in a nappy, I am at peace and calm

I have never once had a flashback

In a nappy with a dummy, lying on my back

My desire to forget my adult worries, emotional problems, flashbacks and pressures manifest themselves in the need to go back to a time when all of that worry and horrid events didnt exsist, and i was safe, loved, looked after and at peace.

I have no memory before i was 9, not even photo's jog my memory, so i dont remember being in a nappy/being a baby, but there are enough examples all around for me to know, as an adult, going back to that state reduces my stress levels, calms me, and i find a measure of peace, if only for a short time.

huggles

fozzy

I certainly wish that I knew the answer to this question. Information for me is like a drug, I love to ask questions and discover answers. However, there is a bit of me that also loves to be living an unsolved mystery. I agree with many of the posts above... if I could would I change it? For me the answer is... on behalf of my wife, yes, I would... although that is assuming that I wouldn't understand the pleasure that diapers bring me now.

I also can't pinpoint the start to any one incident. I remember wanting to dress my younger sisters stuffed bear in a diaper when we were playing as young kids... I remember only two accidents from my past... both were a bit tramatic for me but, I don't know if that is the cause...

There are so many factors to sort through it is almost more comforting to take the "it is what it is" stand point.

I don't think that there was a specific incident that made me want to wear nappies but for me they are sexual and I find that they turn me on. I only confessed to my husband about eight months ago and as our dynamic is M/s I get off on the fact that he controls me and makes me wear them 24/7 I don't get a choice he has simply told me that I have to accept the fact that from now on I will be in nappies all the time permanently :)

For me, I don't need to wear diapers. I have never bothered to analyze why I like diapers so much. They feel sooo damn good for 1 thing, and at the risk of being too graphic, they are for me the best sex toy ever. They stimulate all the parts I want stimulated all at once. Like everybody else, this started at a young age, I too had my first orgasm with a diaper. They just feel sooo good, for me that is enough analyzation for me.

My love for diapers came after my babysitter put me in a luvs barney diaper for not going to the bathroom and wetting my pants when I was 5 years old.

I'm not sure about the baby side though. I've been wanting to be a baby since I was 5 years old.

There is a lot of discussion on this thread about 'no one can really know'.

I know when and why i started to get feelings/need to regress to a baby state. There was a series of traumatic events in my young life around when i was 9-12 yrs old. This was when i first had a desire to wear a nappy. some 30 yrs later I also understand in myself why i needed them and still do.

In my profile you will see a poem i wrote, below is the last three lines...

When in a nappy, I am at peace and calm

I have never once had a flashback

In a nappy with a dummy, lying on my back

My desire to forget my adult worries, emotional problems, flashbacks and pressures manifest themselves in the need to go back to a time when all of that worry and horrid events didnt exsist, and i was safe, loved, looked after and at peace.

I have no memory before i was 9, not even photo's jog my memory, so i dont remember being in a nappy/being a baby, but there are enough examples all around for me to know, as an adult, going back to that state reduces my stress levels, calms me, and i find a measure of peace, if only for a short time.

huggles

fozzy

You are the exception. Most have no confirmed idea beyond theories. That is because for large numbers of people they became partly aware of what they now call 'their AB nature' very young, often under 5 years of age. If there was an incident or issue that caused it, they have no real chance of reliably recalling it.

Rosalie,I am not sure but i think it was sara who said that most all cant truely remember as young as 3.As for myself I was 13 when I was put back in diapers for pants wetting.It was my older sister who started treating me like a baby.If I can figure out how to do it I will put my storey of how I started out in my love of diapers here.

I have urge incontinence and pretty much have to wear a diaper or some other device to keep my pants dry on the outside. After many years, I've learned to enjoy diapers. I think it's much better to enjoy incontinence instead of suffering from it.

Knowledge is power, and having power requires that you can handle it so that it doesn't hurt someonme :) If you want to know your own causes, you might find that knowledge helpful, just don't expect to find every cause or even any cause. Sometimes that's just the way things work in life ;) And unless you can handle whatever you may find, it's better not to look too much because you might find things you were better off leaving forgotten :o It's not necessary to know why you like something to deal with it well and enjoy it but some of us like the best understanding of things we can have so we look to gain that happiness too and gain from the effort :thumbsup: To each their own!

Bettypooh

• 1 year later...

my thoughts are that some people find their adult lives to be stressful and want to return back to a more simple and innocent

time in their life when they found life less stressful where they can have just fun playing with toys and not worrying about any thing, Like for example sometimes when I get stressed cause I'm doing too much and under a bit of pressure so to relax sometimes I get one of my stories out and when I'm reading I pretend that I'm the baby

90% of the people who compain about stress do not know what they are talking about. The last 3 generations have been pampered no end. and it has gotten worse, It started with Baby-Boomers, wnet on to Gen-X and is wort in "Millenials ala (the "participation trophy" generation). You would not have survived as adults 60 years ago

Having been pampered they don't know how to deal with what was ordinary life in my early years. So they are soft, just as when one starts playing guitar, the fingers bleed but then recover and the skin becomes strong enough to take the pressure

The other factor is the 24/7 deluge of pop culture including the degraded pop psych and "womb to tomb" governemtn care. WhenI was 16,my media consumption was about 10 hours a week of TV and 21 hours a week radio. Music was very much a major media function in my home and some sports. We did not have all the cotton-headed 'ologists telling us what we should feel and the like (we had other phonies but they were not as oppressively ominpresent as the psychobabble Establishment is today). I was outdoors a good deal of the time, reading or doing some self-starting thing or stuff that I was required to do so I always knew or could decide what to do with myself

It is true that today there are different sources of stress such as debt, job issues; if you can find a job, regulations (a kid bites a pop-tart in the shape of a gun and gets put through the whole "zero-tolerance" horror show), the doomsday cults both religious and secular spewing out their crapola, like Coast to Coast and fed through the media stream and the stifling presence and dominance of our culture by the corrupt and inept political class, doing the work of the ologists ans communicated by the mediacrats but this grew up over time and is part of the 24/7 pop-culture blitz

As ( say, 90% of the "stress", "self-esteem", and the rest of it is just whining and carping that, 50 years ago, you were told to get over and you did get over it. but back then, it wasn't jammed into your head 24/7

Also, people actuall had hobbies, things in which they were interested but not at the level of vocation; since there was no 24/7 media blitz, we had time to develop interests and that's how we 'unwond" or as they said in the 1970's "ventilated" and later "decompresses" abd we were not a collection of hyphenated Americans or "pride"s and "identity" groups at each other's throats. You notice you do not hear me spoutting about "LG pride", when I read about "sissy pride" I nearly fell off the chair and said to myself "come on; get real", I live as an individual first and a member of (several) groups a distant second as was our nature. We had not had our souls eaten away by Collectivism and all that it engendered

• Like 1

60 years ago nobody heard of "stress" it was called "aggrevation" and dealt with. It was not taken as the everyday things of life. In fact the 1950's are often described as "a wonderful and magical time". When I hear what people get "stressed out" over, it makes me sick to see such weak links. Most of the "stress" stuff that we hear about comes from pop psych which is pretty degraded to someone who knows the real thing from before the wholesale revisionism of 1978. It is almost as if people are being conditioned to be weak so they can be shaped and molded by the Ruling Class because they are starting to resemble medieval serfs or slaves in character rather than a free, independent people

Talk about drug use. 60 years ago you were told by "the Old Man". "If I find out you've been smoking pot. I'll beat the shit out of you" and you know he could. If you got out of line, you faced consequences. If Little Johnny lifted up Little Janie's skirt. He got a good smackdonw. and that was just the beginning. It went to down to the Principal's office and then home. Things had consequences both good and bad

I think the mess really started 15 years ago. A couple of my teenage cousins were acting up and my aunt took them up on it and asked why and they spouted some crap about "the Bomb could drop tomorrow" and she said "don't gimme that shit. Someone put that in your head" and attributed it to stuff you heard on TV and the radio

I am simply interested in what you guys think causes someone to feel like they need to wear diapers. There are a lot of theories as to why someone would feel a need to be treated like a baby etc. but what about people that are just into the diapers and not the baby part??

This seems to be something that most of us have all of our lives so why does it start in the first place? Is it biological or cultural or both? Any ideas?

I am a female diaper lover. So I also want to know why DLs are usually always men? Is the cause different in women than it is in men?

As a lifelong diaper lover, I have often wondered why but I don't let that hamper my enjoyment of diapers. I do have a theory why this fetish is predominant in males though. During the first years in diapers, the male sex organ is more affected by touch as the infant wiggles and rolls around in it's diaper. Certain movements by the infant produce pleasurable sensations in the penis which the infant remembers and enjoys. I am now certain that humans begin masturbating shortly after emerging from the womb. The are not using their arms and hands but rather their body movements to stimulate their sex organs. All this is happening while they are wrapped in a diaper. Thus, they come to associate diapers with pleasuring themselves sexually. Some females have obviously had this same stimulation in their first years and have also come to associate those wonderful feelings with diapers.

There's probably no way to know for sure. My theory is, during developmental stages as a child something got crossed somewhere and an attachment was made to either just the diapers, or babyhood (ab) as well depending on which you're into. This is of course not a blanket cause and effect, there are exceptions.

For me, I don't need to wear diapers. I have never bothered to analyze why I like diapers so much. They feel sooo damn good for 1 thing, and at the risk of being too graphic, they are for me the best sex toy ever. They stimulate all the parts I want stimulated all at once. Like everybody else, this started at a young age, I too had my first orgasm with a diaper. They just feel sooo good, for me that is enough analyzation for me.

Totally agree with DLK, exact same situation for myself.

This is slightly off topic, but might be relevant to the discussion. The other day my 7 y.o. son got out of the shower and declared that his pee pee was "straight" because he was thinking "bad thoughts" (I don't remember now how he said it, but he related that he was basically thinking about going #2, but he did not need to go potty, and something about playing with trash or something). He was mystified why it was happening (of course), and slightly worried about it. I told him it was nothing to worry about and to please go get dressed.

I've posted before in here about not being terribly concerned with the why and I'm still not. Recently though I have been thinking more about my past, something I normally don't do mostly because I can't. For whatever reason the way my brain works I easily remember things I learn but have great difficulty remembering experiences. So I'm trying to piece together the timeline of when and how my interest occurred and changed over time. The problem is my memory about these things is dodgy at best and I'm pretty sure I'm Jurassic Parking a lot of it. Filling in gaps with made-up "frog dna" so to speak.

I am simply interested in what you guys think causes someone to feel like they need to wear diapers. There are a lot of theories as to why someone would feel a need to be treated like a baby etc. but what about people that are just into the diapers and not the baby part??

This seems to be something that most of us have all of our lives so why does it start in the first place? Is it biological or cultural or both? Any ideas?

I am a female diaper lover. So I also want to know why DLs are usually always men? Is the cause different in women than it is in men?

While external sexual stimulation does cause ABDLs to be predominantly male (diaper making contact with the penis), the exact triggers are far more complex. Female DLs usually find more emotional comfort than direct sexual stimulation from routine wear. I stress usually as female DLs can of course masturbate using a diaper, and generally do find some sexual enjoyment from them, just lower in priority than men.