LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Happened To Yesterday?

Hi. I came in to reply to one of my roleplay's and noticed that the whole forum had been rolled back to about 9:00 yesterday morning. I thought at first that maybe the clock was messed up, but I had replied to the roleplay's I was in at around 7:30 last night and when I came back today, my replies were gone. I noticed all the topics in the roleplay forum had been set back as well.

I didn't have time to check other forums and wouldn't know if it was a site wide thing or something. *Starts scratching my head*.

Same here but its forum wide - I don't think I've ever read the role-play forum - but something dodgy has gone on.

There is actually a fair bit of data is missing - at least 3 of my posts from about 12 to 14 hours ago have gone, a number of new topics that were posted (and other replies) are missing.

This seems to affect not just the forums but also user profiles.

Possibly DD has had some server/database failure and had to restore a backup?

Upgrade went bad, so we had to do a restore to our last backup on the 25th. Lost two days of posts!

OUCH! :(

I was wondering about that also, I had some posts in other threads that seemed to have disappeared and weren't there this morning. Oh well, not much one can do except carry on..

AH! technology, you gotta love it :P (if you have to)

Thanks for the update.

It would be nice if life was like that also. Don't like how yesterday worked out?? Hit the reset button and do it over again....

though i can imagine this would wreak havoc with the space time continuum etc if everyone did this :P

Upgrade went bad, so we had to do a restore to our last backup on the 25th. Lost two days of posts!

Thank you. I guess that explains why I got a blank page and "done" message when I tried to visit 12+/- hrs ago.

You didn't do a backup before the upgrade? :o

I thought it was automatically backed up every night, but it seems only the databases are, files are every 3 days.

I thought it was automatically backed up every night, but it seems only the databases are, files are every 3 days.

With IPB the database is all that should really matter for restoration, the posts are stored in the database, the only files that would have been lost with last night's database backup and 3 day old files would be attachments.

With IPB the database is all that should really matter for restoration, the posts are stored in the database, the only files that would have been lost with last night's database backup and 3 day old files would be attachments.

The files for corrupted, so the board wasn't displaying anything right, had to restore the files. Asking now if he can NOW restore last nights database and recover the lost posts

The files for corrupted, so the board wasn't displaying anything right, had to restore the files. Asking now if he can NOW restore last nights database and recover the lost posts

If they restore last nights database backups (the easy way) you'll lose any posts that have happened today. To do it cleanly now, it would take a lot of work, sorting through each post and new user and filtering in the missing ones. It's not as easy as just a primary key match because todays posts have taken over some of those primary keys.

Without taking a lot of time, your options are either keep it as it is now (missing yesterdays posts), or restore last nights backup and lose todays posts.

Not fun, I know I've been there :S

*huggles*

Michelle

whats funny is when i got to work today (thursday) my coworker was saying how she woke up and thought it was wednesday! maybe it wasn't just the board, maybe we all did have to do wednesday over!

You know the bit from THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS where Alice is told that "We had jam yesterday and will have Jame tomorrow but hot today"? and you know that it is always "today"

Well, what happened is this. Today encountered a 634a_groundhog Error, gnererated by Groundhog_innfinite_worm.vir aka Awschitt and this generated a warp in the transverse axis and a different warp in the hyperbolic axis so that the two axes had different lambda equations the solutions of which modulated each other. Since they were different, this generated a BFO (either Beat Frequency Oscillation or Big F**king Occlusion) across the Anterior plane of the secant (which I just can't see) of delta (x/y)^2 so that it is always today.

However, we can expect something to come through the resulting Owa-Tafu-Liam Rift soon; either a Time Lord with a Relative Dimensional Stabilizer (RDS) or Chthuulhu (you know what a jolly joker he is)

What is the major problem with losing one day.....

Mathematically, the average age here is 30 years OR, 10950 days old, or 262800 hours. When one looses a day, which equates to 12 hours (approx) it is 12 out of 262,800 OR 1/21,900 OR so insignificant, why even care....

** Gone to rest my sore head after all those maths **

• Like 1

sooo if yesterday is missing does that mean today is 1 day behind or are we at the same day which of the post i have read seem 1 day behind soo .I think we are 1 day behind yet tommorrow will 2 days a head ?? does this make any sense ?? lol

^ What she said is what my host says. best at this point to accept the loss and move on. Feel free to repost any lost topics.

It's not always as easy as that. I spent days thinking about yesterday's blog entry, wanting just the right words to convey my thoughts. I was in the mood for writing- something pretty damn rare for me. After I posted it I didn't need to remember it so I didn't. Life has went on and there is not any time to go back- and even if I could the words wouldn't be the same :( The reason I blog here is because I figured your servers were more reliable than my PC. I have lost reams and reams of my writing on crashed hard drives, a hard learned lesson for someone who puts their heart into something :crybaby: I thought I had the answer to keep that from recurring- I guess I didn't. What something means to you doesn't imply that it means the same thing to someone else :glare: To wit- Teddy Bears are made on a production line. Every one is pretty much the same. So then, it wouldn't matter at all if your favorite Teddy Bear got trashed because you could get another one and it would be the same, right? :huh: Maybe now you know how I feel today when I went to make a blog entry and found my precious writing gone. Life will go on and with any luck I'll get in the mood for writing again. I can wait- after all it's felt like it did yesterday when I wrote my blog entry at least twice in the last 7 or 8 years. Sure, let's just forget it and go on. I didn't need that piece of my heart anyway.

Bettypooh

Hmm... It seems that some topics suffered from the loss of posts dating back to the 21st... They go directly from the 21st to the 30th... Entire topic discussions have been lost.