LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is Being An Ab Something That You 'Grow' Out Of?

Hi All,

I know that pretty much all of the many aspects & varieties of this Fetish is a lifestyle for most of us, but I wonder, & would like to know if that those who are Adult Babies ever actually Outgrow being an AB anymore? I guess this thought comes from that when we were all biological kids, we have so many things that we 'outgrow', so I was wondering if the same thing happens to AB's?

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

Hi All,

I know that pretty much all of the many aspects & varieties of this Fetish is a lifestyle for most of us, but I wonder, & would like to know if that those who are Adult Babies ever actually Outgrow being an AB anymore? I guess this thought comes from that when we were all biological kids, we have so many things that we 'outgrow', so I was wondering if the same thing happens to AB's?

I hope not. I like my diapers.

As long as you enjoy being an AB, and want to continue you will. If you decide your done, then your done. I think it all depends on your mindset. No matter what age you are, you can be an AB and enjoy the lifestyle for as long as you wish.

I am 43, and what age will I outgrow it? I think it depends on each person and their background. If you discovered the fetish as an 18 year old exploring on line, and it sounded interesting so you gave it a try, I think you can outgrow it. If you have been carrying certain feelings since potty training or from early childhood, into adulthood, it most likely isn't going anywhere. Relationships come and go, even marriages aren't what they used to be. Jobs change, people move but Diapers are forever

23+ years and my AB/DLism is still going strong, it probably helps that I met someone who is happy to have a little girl and doesn't mind diapering her. I doubt it'll ever go away, I'll probably be wearing diapers until I'm old enough to actually need them.

I am 43, and what age will I outgrow it? I think it depends on each person and their background. If you discovered the fetish as an 18 year old exploring on line, and it sounded interesting so you gave it a try, I think you can outgrow it. If you have been carrying certain feelings since potty training or from early childhood, into adulthood, it most likely isn't going anywhere. Relationships come and go, even marriages aren't what they used to be. Jobs change, people move but Diapers are forever

boy timmyc you hit it right with,relationships come and go,marriages aren't what thay use to be.jobs change,people move but diapers are forever.Dont think it can get said any better.

Grow out of ... not for me, I think. This AB/DL train has been chugging down the track a long time, and has only seen better and better scenery on it's journey. I'll stay on until the sun sets, or I can't see anymore.

So many people on here are helping to fuel this train and I THANK YOU!! :)

Hi All,

Most ABs grew into this as a way out of being a 'conforming stereotypical type cast adult'. Yes, at times we conform to what society dictates, but this is a little step out of it, a form of freedom and relaxation with little or no consequences. Unless there is a way one can leave completely the 'conforming stereotypical type cast adult' and not need the diversion, I don't think that one can ever grow out of being an AB.

In life, one always needs a balance. A person that works hard needs a way to play just as hard, with the same equal amount of non responsibility as they have in their working responsible life. Some people (I refer to as immature) use a form of drugs as an escape mechanism. Drugs, on a long term basis KILLS. Diapers / infantile behavior to some give them the exact same relieve as the immature are seeking with drugs, but without the problems.

A weekend in diapers/sleeper and eating baby food does not degrade ones work ability the following Monday. Diaper rash (in most cases) is not fatal. Sucking a pacifier will not leave you're arms and legs full of pinholes AND will not kill braincells.

Considering all the above, and compare it to ANY other form of relaxation methodology that is used by so called adults (drink / smoking / drugs etc) there is ZERO consequences and ALL the benefits of infantile play. You may even get some extra (needed) sleep.

IMHO, Being a baby is something you grow out of. Being an AB is something that you grow IN TO.

• Like 1

I wouldn't think so. I see ABs of all age and I think we all know this isn't something you just decide to randomly do when you're 50, lol, it's something that follows you your whole life.

I do think sometimes people grow into different roles within ageplay though, like I have seen ABs decide being the baby is not for them and move on to being the caretaker and never look back.

I have instructions in my will that I'm to be placed in my coffin in diapers and a onesie. I assume it'll be a closed casket ceremony :)

So no. You couldn't pry my diapers from my cold dead hands.

Well...speaking strictly from a DL's point of view and my own personal experience I would have to say no....I'm 38 now and have been wearing diapers for the majority of those years and if anything my diaper desires are getting stronger.....not weaker.

Now your experience will vary considerably from mine. Each of us has our own little corner of the world that we need to deal with and external and internal factors can and will influence your life experience, which is an incredibly obvious statement I know. However you might discover another activity that fills the desire that the ab/dl lifestyle currently inhabits. It could also change for me but I came to agreeable terms with this little facet of my personality years ago.

Isn't life fun....

I think that I'm still an AB out of habit, not 'need'. Whatever caused me to wear diapers recreationally isn't there anymore, I don't think. Diapers are still fun to wear, but I don't crave them like I used to.

I find that happens when I wear pretty consistently for a period of time, but if I stop around the 3 month mark the "cravings" come back.

I started by the time I was six so it's been over fifty years for me. I'll let you know how long it takes when I outgrow it.

Hugs,

Freta

Great topic! I have been thinking about this question for a while myself - will I, can I outgrow my diaper fantasies as I move on in life?

I recall having an interest in diapers going back as far as my earliest complete/coherent memories at the age of four. I am 25 now and have had seven years to freely pursue my interest, desensitized enough to walk past the incontinence or baby aisles of a grocery store without fear of cardiac arrest. I think about it more than I used to as a young child but I can pace myself as far as wearing- though I do have dreams which become more and more frequent the longer I wait. At times I have stopped wearing for months on end but always come back to them.

Now I don't believe I will ever get the attraction out of my head but - like so many nostalgia fueled products and productions will tell you - as you grow you never forget the things you love; you simply leave them behind. Maybe.

I myself am going to have to leave diapers behind when I move overseas in a few months, at least in practice. I don't know how long that will last but I can guarantee you diapers will still be in my dreams. I accept that, I have to because it makes me happy. You can't expect to outgrow it, but be glad there are things in this world that can bring you joy. Of those things, you determine which to abstain from and when, what is appropriate and how much is excessive. That is also part of growing up.

I agree with drynot,

"I'm 38 now and have been wearing diapers for the majority of those years and if anything my diaper desires are getting stronger.....not weaker."

As time goes on my diaper desired get stronger and stronger as well. Its changing as well. I ordered my first Pacifier the other day. (can't wait to try it). Alo been wearing a lot more cloth diapers lately.

I started as a DL and moved into the AB more and more now iv'e been ordering things online in pinks and purples (sissy side of me). My desire for all things diapers grows stonger all the time and has let the real me show. I now wear 24/7 and really miss them when i can't.

i have been doing this for 30 yrs i started when i was about 11 .I have tried to quit many times over the years but it always came back !.Now i just acceppt it and enjoy what i do ! so i guess my ab and crossdressing are never going away oh well ! :thumbsup: