LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Much Did You Spend On Diapers In 2010?

How much did you spend on diapers in 2010?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How much did you spend on baby/youth diapers last year?

• Under $50
    • $51-100
    • $101-200
    • $201-300
    • $301-400
    • $401-500
    • Over $500, but under $1000
    • Over $1,000
    • I did not purchase any baby/youth diapers
  2. 2. How much did you spend on adult diapers last year?

• Under $50
    • $51-100
    • $101-200
    • $201-300
    • $301-400
    • $401-500
    • Over $1,000
    • I did not purchase any adult diapers
  3. 3. How much did you spend on diapers in total?

• Under $50
    • $51-100
    • $101-200
    • $201-300
    • $301-400
    • $401-500
    • Over $1,000

Okay, I did this survey last year and thought the responses were good, so I decided to do it again this year just to see what's changed. I'm sticking this in the "Diaper Lovers" forum since I can't post a new topic in the DD Survey section of the site, however if someone wants to move it there, that's fine. Just as an FYI, the old survey can be found here.

So, just to recap everything once again, like the question in the topic asks, how much did you spend on baby diapers, adult diapers, and on diapers in total last year?

Personally, I spent $412.29 on baby/youth diapers last year, and nothing on adult diapers. This is a bit of a decrease from what I spent in 2009, which was $492.14 on baby/youth diapers. For this poll, please leave out things like feminine hygiene products, and just stick to baby/youth and adult diapers and diaper-like (e.g. GoodNites) products. If there's demand for it, I'll do a similar poll for feminine hygiene products. (I should have probably made that clear in the last poll as well.)

Finally, one more change for this year's poll that's worth mentioning. I added a "did not buy" option for both baby/youth and adult diapers. There is no "did not buy" option for the total spent in 2010, because I figure everyone whose replying spent some small amount on diapers in 2010, of course, I could be wrong.

Edited by Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover

I converted to all cloth diapers and plastic pants so I spend just over $600 on the diapers last year. I buy around 4 pairs of Gary plastic pants every 3 months. The cost will go down for this year since I will only be replacing the plastic pants.

I converted to all cloth diapers and plastic pants so I spend just over $600 on the diapers last year. I buy around 4 pairs of Gary plastic pants every 3 months. The cost will go down for this year since I will only be replacing the plastic pants.

Try using the Euroflex ones; they last for years - literally!

I get through 1 a night on average. As to how much I spend, I've never actually checked until today.

From 01-Jan-2010 to 01-Jan-2011:

250.72 £GBP (Includes all shipping charges)

= ~405 $USD

NB: The above includes a pack of 20 I didn't use / threw out. (I.e. ~£25/~40$)

This year I decided to check out a lot of other brands more and have imported a lot, so I've spent a lot more than usual. That said, I've easily got enough diapers to take me to late in the year (>150):

From 01-Jan-2011 to Now:

147.31 £GBP (Includes all shipping charges)

= ~238 $USD

Probably in the range of 3,000-4,000 dollars. I have to keep my diaper closet fully supplied at all times.

Assuming you're buying really expensive diapers and thus looking at $2 each, adding another 10% for shipping and hence looking at $2.20/diaper... we're talking ~1365 diapers - which is between 3 and 4 a day. If you're paying 4000 or so that takes you to 5 a day. More realistically, at these volumes you'd be getting big cases and discounts - so the average price per diaper is more like $1.60 or (a lot) less; even for expensive brands and including shipping. That's at least 5-7 diapers a day.

I wonder what you do for a living. Unless health insurance is covering those costs (and I doubt it would up to that level) that's a lot to spend. Changes at that frequency would take a lot of time out of your day too. I'm sure others are able to correct me if I'm wrong, but surely 3-4K USD is unrealistic - even for someone with severe incontinence? (please reply and tell me if I'm wrong! I actually want to know :))

... and you generate a huge amount of trash :P

• Like 1

I came into some money from a will left by a family member some time ago. It was a rather generous amount of money, enough to spend 3-4000 dollars a year on diapers for a good number of years. I choose to spend the moeny this way because its what I want to do with the money. As of now I don't have a job, I have money to cover me being lazy for a good long time, in diapers.

Yea, I produce a lot of economical trash. My environmental footprint is probably really bad for one single person.

I spent what I needed to spend to manage my profound urinary incontinence and function in a dry world.

Although I did not keep detailed records, I doubt I spent as much as USA$200 extra for diapers to help my AB fantasy. I prefer gauze diapers for that, but I also use gauze diapers when I am not in my AB mood.

I'm incontinent and wear a high-capacity disposable diaper 24/7/365 (either Abena X-Plus or Bambino Bianco). I use two or three of these per day. In 2010, I spent around $2000 on them.

use about 6 per day--but have learned how to get the ones i like @good prices at auction, so I'm gonna say just under a grand, not counting onesies, plastic pants, chux, etc.

value of not peeing all over the furniture (or myself in public) = priceless